Third Time's A Charm

ShanayJones629 tarafından

Esmeray was raised in a shitty orphanage and she didn't attend college. She started working at the age of eig... Daha Fazla

•Must Read •Warnings
Characters & Background on Main C.
Playlist
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19🌶️
20
21
22?️
23🌶️
24🌶️
25
26
27
28🌶️
29
Bonus Chapter.
New book alert Jamican

03

9K 416 162
ShanayJones629 tarafından

I walked into my bedroom and I noticed that Esmeray was sleeping on the couch.

She made loud snoring noises that were nothing ladylike. A small amount of drool was on the side of her lips running to her freckle-covered cheek.

I shook my head before walking to the bathroom. I had a shower, brushed my teeth then dried myself. Once I was dry, I got dressed and climbed into bed.

I only came here to sleep and shower

I picked up my phone before contacting a few business partners.

It's never too late for mafia work.

I checked on the location of my drugs and guns and when they'll be arriving.

I looked over at Esmeray and she started twisting and turning in her sleep. In seconds she fell off the couch with a thud.

Her eyes shut open and her eyes locked with mine. I shook my head before turning my back towards her.

I placed my phone down and grabbed my pillow. I turned my lights off and pulled the sheets up to my chest.

My hand raised to my forehead as a minor headache surfaced. I wiped away my drool which was even more embarrassing.

I hit my head when I fell.

Looking into Steele's amused eyes I fell deeper into humiliation. I slowly strolled to the bed while debating if I should get in or not.

I don't think he's a rapist, he also said he wasn't

And the bed was large.

I climbed into the bed while getting under the covers. I used my pillows and parted the bed. I turned my lights off and soon I fell asleep again.

••••

When I woke up Steele was making his way out of the closet. He was dressed in a dark blue suit with matching dress shoes.

I looked over at the time and it was 7 a.m. I rubbed my eyes gently before looking at him.

"I don't want you roaming around the house. Do not enter the east wing a matter of fact don't leave this room. The maids will attend to your service if needed," he said before looking at me.

Ugh I hate this

When I didn't respond he walked over to me. My heartbeat increased and my palms became sweaty.

I sat up and scooted away. He grabbed my ankle and pulled me towards him.

Ass cheeks halts at the edge of the bed and my lower area was pressed against the hard muscles of his legs.

My upper body was raised up since I was resting on my elbows. I swallowed hard as he gazed at me.

"Do you understand me Esmeray?" he asked

"Yes," I respond while nodding.

For some reason, I feared getting on his wrong side.

So I kept my smart-ass comments and responses at bay.

"Good," he said before releasing me.

He left the room and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. I heard the locks click and I got up from the bed.

I tried opening the door but failed miserably. I sighed before walking to the bathroom.

I peed, brushed my teeth, and bathed. When I was done I got dressed in another comfy outfit.

I went and sat on the couch before looking around.

I wasn't sure what to do next.

Soon there was a knock on the door. Amelia brought my breakfast and another maid came and cleaned the room.

They locked the door each time they leave, saying it was Don's orders.

I was treated like a queen who was also still a prisoner.

For a couple of days, this became my newest routine. The maids would bring me breakfast, lunch, and dinner and clean if I ask. When they leave I'd be locked inside this room.

Amelia had lent me a book to read which was great because I loved reading. My favorite genres to read were mysteries, thrillers, and romance. (Dark romance).

I also like reading about my black history. It gave me a lot of knowledge on my culture since it wasn't taught to me.

And growing up in a white country had me facing a lot of racism.

Amelia seems to love books also but she said with her job it is sometimes challenging.

Steele would come home late at night and leave early in the morning. Most mornings I would be unsure if he'd come home but the wet towel on the ground of the closet and his side of the bed would tell me otherwise.

As the days went by I grew tired of doing the same thing every day and the fact that I was rereading the books Amelia owned didn't help.

Aaliyah came to do a little cleaning so I went to the bathroom and wrapped a towel around my outfit. The towel concealed my outfit and stepped out.

"Aaliyah, do you mind cleaning inside the closet? It's a bit messy inside,"

"Of course," she said and I gave her a small smile.

I didn't like making them work for me when I can do it myself.

But right now I need to make her do something.

She walked into the closet and I ran back into the bathroom. I turned the shower on and closed the door.

I silently hurried to the main door before exiting.

I'm sorry Aaliyah.

I removed the towel and hurried down the hallway. I hid inside a laundry room until it was late.

The moment I felt like all the maids have left. I exited the laundry room.

I hurried down the stairs and ran towards the main door. I pulled on the knob and the door opened.

Before I could step outside, a hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me inside.

The door slammed closed and my body was pressed against the hardwood of the door.

My breathing was heavy as my cheek was pressed against the wooden barrier. My palms rested on the door as his grip was tight around my wrists.

My eyes went to their hands and the tattoos made me aware of who it was.

"Going somewhere little birdie?" Steele's dark raspy voice met my ear and goosebumps filled my skin.

"No," I said in a shaky tone.

"Looks like you were about to run away,"

"I wasn't,"

"Then what were you trying to do dear wife?"

"I-I needed fresh air," I said

"Oh really?"

"Yes," I said and he released my wrists.

He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me backward. He opened the door and pushed me outside.

I tripped over my own feet and fell on my knees. My palms rested on the cold concrete and I closed my eyes.

The cool outside breeze brushes past me and I inhaled deeply.

"Get all the air you need little one because after tonight you won't even get to see the break of day," he said

"I'm sorry-"

"Apologizing is for the weak. I hate weaklings and I'm not married to one, so never beg unless it's in different circumstances," he said, smirking at the last part.

He yanked me up from the ground by holding my arm. He dragged me back into the house and locked the door. He carried me upstairs and opened the door to our room.

He then dragged me into the closet where he locked me inside.

"Let me out," I screamed while banging on the door.

Soon I heard noises coming from inside the room. When my screams became useless because of the loud banging and stuff, I sat down.

••••

I woke up and eased off the closet floor.

The asshole let me sleep in here.

The door opened after a couple of hours and I looked up at Steele.

He had a towel wrapped around his waist and his hair was a bit wet. His bulging left a massive print under the towel. He snaps his fingers and I looked up at him.

"Eyes up here little birdie," he smirked and I looked away.

Why does he keep calling me that?

"I didn't mean to leave you here all night," he said

"Asshole," I whispered and he stormed towards me.

He held me by my throat and pulled me up from the ground. He hauled me into his body and I start coughing when I could barely breathe.

My feet were lifted off the ground as he held me up. His veins were popping out as his jaw was clenched tightly.

"What the fuck did you just say?"

I stared into his cold dark brown eyes as I tried getting out of his hold.

"I can't breathe,"

I tried moving his hand from my throat and he released me after a couple of seconds.

I fell to the ground while coughing and breathing heavily.

"Get out," he roared and I looked away from his cold eyes.

"Get out now!"

I got up and hurried out. The room was dim, I looked around and there were no windows.

It was like they never existed.

The room was even darker since there were no windows. He removed them and blocked them up. Soon he walked out dressed and I looked at him.

"Do you like the little adjustment I made in our room," he raised a question

"Why would-"

"I told you, you won't get to see the break of day again," he said

"You didn't have to do that," I said lowly.

He adjusted his suit and walked towards me.

"Actions have consequences little one. You'll know better next time" he said.

He stepped past me and moved to the door.

"Have a good day little bird," he taunts before leaving.

I fucking hate this man.

I tried opening the door after and if you guessed it.

Yes, it was locked.

I didn't have the best life out there but at least I was free and had a choice.

I had a shower and soon Amelia brought me breakfast. I didn't eat it which made her give me a face.

"What?"

I looked at her and she sighed.

"I get to go shopping tomorrow, I can get you a book or two," she offered.

I didn't respond, I pushed the food away and she took it up. She left and I went and lay down.

•••

Around five hours later the door opened and Steele walked in. He had blood all over his outfit.

Was he hurt?

I covered my mouth as my heart beat increased.

Was he shot

Or stabbed.

"Look at something else," he growled and I turned my head.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw him going to the bathroom. I got up and scurried to the door.

This man is dangerous and involved in bad things I didn't want to be apart.

Now that he's hurt, I have to try and escape now.

I sprinted down the staircase while passing a few maids.

"Ma'am are you okay?"

I ignored them until I've reached the main door. I opened it before running out.

"Hey stop!"

Before I could reach the lawn or driveway two guards were chasing me. It wasn't long before one of them catch up to me.

I felt someone grabbed me by hair and yanked me back. I fell into their body as my hands went up their hands.

"Is she a prisoner?" guard 1 asked

"No, it's the boss's bitch wife," Guard 2, the one who was holding on to me answered.

"Let go of me!"

I started screaming when he started dragging me by my hair.

"Let me go!"

"That fucking hurts you asshole,"

I heard screaming coming from downstairs and I pulled my shirt back on.

What the fuck is going on?

Why is there someone screaming?

I didn't even get to shower or finish cleaning my wounds. The room was silent. I washed the blood off my hands before drying it.

"Little Bird you better be in this fucking room!" I shouted before opening the bathroom door.

The room door was left wide open, and Esmeray was gone.

I stomped out of the room angrily as the screaming continues. I went down the hall and walked to the staircase.

"Get up!" Tony yelled while hauling Esmeray by her hair.

"You're hurting me asshole," she screams

I stormed down the flight of stairs and Tony turned around. He released her as I moved fast towards him.

"Don, your here. Your wife-"

"You." I pointed at Esmeray as she stared at me.

"Get up and get your ass upstairs. Right now!"

She got up and hurried upstairs. I grabbed Tony by his collars and pulled me closer to me.

"You dear to put your filthy fucking hands on my wife?" I shouted angrily.

No one puts their hands on what's mine.

The big guy started trembling in fear as I glared down at him.

"But don she was trying to escape-"

"I don't care if she tries to escape. What fucking angers me is that you put your hand on her. Nobody touches her, only me," I yelled.

"I didn't know it would anger you sir-" he said and I dragged him towards the main kitchen.

The maids cleared a path as the chef used a sharp long knife to cut up fruits.

"I'm gonna show you how much it angers me Tony,"

I said before releasing his collar. I took the knife from the chef and picked up the cutting board.

I placed it down on the other counter and looked at him.

"Put your hand on the board, the one you grabbed her with. Put it right here, now," I said and he placed his right hand down.

"Don-"

Before he could say anything I sliced four fingers off with the very sharp blade.

Even though he cried out in pain his hand didn't dare to move from the cutting board.

He looked at his hand as tears formed in his eyes.

"Now cut your thumb off," I said while giving him the knife.

Tears ran down his face and he took the knife. He looked at the bloody knife before looking at me.

"I don't have time for this asshole. There's a bullet I need to get out my shoulder," I said and he nod.

He cut his thumb off and finally grabbed up his hand.

"Spread the word so no body has to lose a finger or more. Nobody touches my fucking wife. Understood?" I said in a low dark tone and he nods violently in response.

"Get out," I said and he scattered out.

"I'm sorry for the mess ladies. You mind cleaning it up for me," I said.

"It's okay don," one of them said as the others shake their head at my question.

"Good," I walked out and went to my room.

I entered the room and Esmeray was sitting on the ground in front of my bed.

I walked towards and stooped down. I grabbed her chin and forced her to look at me. Tears were running down her cheeks.

"You can run but you can't escape so don't try. You'll only fail miserably," I said as she stares in my eyes.

"You're a trapped little bird in my cage. I own you Esmeray," I said before roughly releasing her.

"I hate you," she whispered and I smirked.

She talks back-well ish

For some reason that angered and excited me.

"I don't like you either little bird," I said before standing.

"I left the door open. If you walk out that door I'll put a bullet in your knee," I said while taking off my shirt as I walked away.

I was sure she saw the gun in my waistband. I went back to the bathroom and closed the door.

He exited the bathroom and hour later and I watched as he fix the towel that was wrapped dangerously low around his waist.

His V-line guides the way down to his man glory that looks massive and long under the fury cloth.

He had a great body

Did I already say that*shrugs

I shouldn't like how he looked

I looked away and picked up the book I was trying to read. He entered the closet and I sighed.

I squeezed my legs shut and ignore the feeling I felt between my legs.

Was it the danger that comes with him or how hot his body was?

It made my body feel tingly and needy.

I abhorred it in every form possible,

I despised the sexual tension I was developing.

When he walked out I looked back at him. He was dressed in a suit.

Still looked sexy-ugh I hate him

"Do you have reading book like romance-"

"I run a mafia not a school Esmeray," he said and I frowned.

Why did I even talk to him,

Dickface-lies he had an amazing face. Handsome

I looked away and he walked towards me. He picked up the book and looked at me.

"So you read?"

"Yes," I answered and he looked at the book.

"This one?"

"I already read it, twice,"

He skipped through the pages roughly with an arched eyebrow.

"There's no pictures,"

"Easy," I said before saving the book from his rough fingertips.

"Somethings you deal with gently you can tear the pages and to your statement earlier. People like me don't need pictures, we use our wild imagination," I said and he folded his arms while looking at me.

I placed the book down and looked back at him.

"Why can't I leave this room?"

"I don't trust you plus you try to run each time you pass that door,"

"Well I was kidnapped," I reasoned

"You're not leaving this room,"

"I have nothing to do in here," I said while looking around.

"You read and you say you have a wild imagine. Imagine you have something to do and you're having the time of your life," he said before turning on his heel.

He walked out and closed the door behind him. I heard the lock clicked and I sighed.

~~

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

70.7K 1.4K 21
The Mafia Boss and the Billionaire. After the murder of her parents, Blisse Neves searches the world for the ones responsible, all while keeping the...
21.8K 361 48
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
2.2M 89.4K 72
#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man from his death. She can't stop thinking of...
11.4M 484K 38
"The Caregiver and the Mob Boss" ❦ Avelina makes her money by taking care of those who can't take care of themselves. When she is handed a case about...