Double Trouble

By FinLuGrafie

Read at your own risk. Unrealistic actions! --- Blood makes relatives, loyalty makes family. A triplet in th... More

Autor's Note
Table of contents
Charakters 1
Charakters 2
Prolog 1,a
Prolog 1,b
Prolog 1,c
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Charter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 42

413 10 0
By FinLuGrafie

Neliana

Did I mention that I hate people?

No? Because just now I'm more than aware of it.

People. Everywhere. Behind me, in front of me, next to me.

Gosh and why has my family to consist of 37 persons. Beyond that, 34 of them being men. Even they would be enough for me, but no: We have to go out for dinner in one of the most popular restaurants in freaking Italy!!!

I hate my life. Officially.

But, of course, to the outside world, I look probably like the head of the military with my sunglasses on and a dominated stature. How funny if you think about the fact, that I - really - have something like an army to lead.

Funny like always, Mercy.

Back to the topic. We parked on a private parking spot, a bit offside the official one, and somehow, Nic and I are standing now in the middle of everybody. I feel like the drive wheel of a centrifuge and the men are the test tubes. Awwwwwkward. Nic has to think the same and whispers in my ear. "Are they going to move some time?"

"Maybe they got shoot by an alien coming from icetopia." - Nic raises his eyebrow at me like I'm crazy, I mean, it's possible. "What? Possible."

"Icetopia?!"

"One of the unexplored planet yet." His face changed and a 'Are you serious' look is noticeable. I set on for a further explanation but he interrupts me. Rude.

"Look-"

"Okay, stop. I-I really don't need to hear it." - I roll my eyes at him. He's so boring. Luckily Alessandro breaks the 'Hey why don't we just stand at our cars in the night for an eternity?' situation, as he walks towards the entry with us following like lost puppies.

We walk in silence, me next to Nic and direct behind the 'eldest group', and I have time to let my gaze roam around the landscape. I must say, Italy is indeed beautiful. The ancient building with flowers on the windows, everywhere little shops and the warm tone of the whole city, make me nearly happy. Nearly. I will just ignore the fact of all the staring people, like Nic. We are used to it.

Dankworth and MAcQuoid are walking two meters next to me and stop, now and then people who are staring at us too intense. Normally Nic and I like to stop and spend some time with our fans - especially if they are little kids. How their eyes begin to shine and their big smiles which reach to their eyes, is something, I cannot get used to. Even after already a few years of prominence. It's even harder now, to just ignore them and give them an autograph.

Of course, it isn't enough. From the corner of my right eye, I can see camera flashlight, as well as from my left one. The fact that the ultimate ulver are in Italy will spread fast and with it the chance of getting exposed.

I'm definitely not ready. Not yet. And probably not in my next life.

I have to talk to Trac for organizing a 'meet and greet' here.

By the way, it is worrying that the second biggest mafia doesn't notice the flashlight? I mean, as 'normal' people, I understand. But they have to be trilled on noticing cameras or it could be also a flashlight from a rifle, meaning a high danger. Never mind. Not my problem if they get killed. It would solve many problems, additionally.

Shortly before we reach the entrance, I see a girl screaming and running in our direction. Nic reacts instantly as well as me. We let us fall back in the group - the only advantage in having such a big family out of muscular giants - and get covered by their bodies.

"Call Spinster. That was too close." - I sign to Nic "'m gonna spank Dankworth' and MacQuoid's ass. They should just do this easy job!"

He nods and goes equal to me on his phone. Now we really look like very busy managers and unobtrusive is something else - I know - but at the moment we have bigger conquers to take care of.

"Worthyyyy ... du gjør en så god jobb. Du er virkelig verdt pengene dine..." (Worthyyyy ... you're doing such a good job. You're really worth your money ...) - I say sarcastically as soon as he answered my call.

"A- Thank-"

"Nei din drittsekk! Slutt å stå rundt og legge merke til halvparten av fansen vår! GJØR JOBBEN DIN, ELLER VIL JEG VISE DEG MED HENDENE HVA DET BETYR Å CHILLE! Personlig i min vakre kjeller. Hvordan høres dette ut for deg? Hugh?" (No, you asshole! Stop standing around not noticing half of our fans! DO YOUR DAMN JOB OR I'LL SHOW YOU WITH MY HANDS WHAT IT MEANS TO CHILL! Personally in my beautiful basement. How does that sound to you? Huh?) - I'm so furious at the moment. My anger level is at the highest. Mistakes are something normal, of course. But we are not without a reason the strongest mafia. I don't really care about the fan, more about the disregard of my request and the carelessness. It's something which can cost us his as well as other ones's lives.

I hear a slight chuckle in the background of the other line. "Quoid trenger du ikke le. Du er i samme trøbbel og bare heldig som ikke har noe passende navn for denne situasjonen som den andre karen." (Quoid, you don't have to laugh. You're in the same trouble as him and just lucky to have no fitting name for this situation like the other dude.) - I grit trough my teeth. "Ta opp til Spinster etter at denne jobben er utført." (Record to Spinster after this job is done.)

"Selvfølgelig, Donna." (Of course) - They answer together subdued. I can be serious, and you have to if you want to be respect in the age of fourteen. "Og vi beklager veldig. Det vil ikke skje igjen, vi lover." (And we're very sorry. It won't happen again, we promise.) - Dankworth adds.

"Jeg trenger ingen unnskyldninger. Endre oppførselen din snart, ellers er dere i virkelig trøbbel." (I don't need any apologizes. Change your behavior soon, or you two are in real trouble.) - I reply charmless. "Og ikke lov noe du ikke kan holde." (And don't promise anything you can't keep.)

With that, I end our call. They know there's nothing more to say. They caused trouble and must stand up for it now. Maybe some think now that I go too hard on them, but they are imposing, perfect trained men. Smart at the same time. Not for nothing do they belong to our best bodyguard team.

Close your eyes, Mercy. Deep breaths.

1

2

3

4

3

2

1

We don't need anger at the moment, especially if there is no possibility for working it out. Argh.

I lift my head again and turn my gaze instantly to Nic. "And?"

"He's aware of it and will talk to them as well as set up a meeting for us. Tomorrow, 5:00 o'clock at our main base in Norway since we don't have anything important on the weekend."

"Perfect."

"By the way: You wasn't THAT silent."

My eyes go immediately wide and I don't need one more second to understand what he's saying. Slowly I turn around - or more lift my head one step more since my whole family has to be around 6,4 ft. And yep, my exceptions were not exceeded. Everybody is looking at us - me in particular.

"Wow, Norway is really attractive!" - Niccolo states hyper.

This came out of nowhere and surprised even me. I look confused, and the other ones - everybody except for Nic and Emilio - disappointed at him.

"Yeah, bro. I changed my mind, I want a Norway girl not a Spanish one." - Emilio adds. I cannot do something against playing with them innocent.

"Norway counts to one of the countries with the highest happiness factor. It definitely wouldn't harm this family."

A few inhale sharply. Nic smirks triumphal. Argh, I hate this attention. Don't we have a reserved table? Yeah, right. I think we really have to get in. We are already likely an eternity too late. Not that I think somebody else is authorized to get this table, but for the moment we just ignore that fact. Okay? Okay. Lets go.

I pull Nic behind me and walk in, not really interested in hearing anymore questions or lectures. "Neliana-"

Oops. I'm already gone. Sorry but not sorry, Alessandro.

"How do you manage every fucking time to get out of trouble?" Nic whispers to me, I give him that side smirk. "That's unfair."

"Oh nooo, poor Nicky Ricky Dicky."

"Oh shut the fuck up, you moron. And stop with this nickname."

"It's great." He hates this nickname. And that's the important point. But additionally, I really don't understand why, it's such so beautiful and elegant one. "U have to admit it by yourself."

"Oh yeah 'cause I fucking enjoy so much to be named after a freaking series, Dawn."

"It should be a pleasure for you." - I shrug innocently.

"Sure. If that's what makes you sleep at night." He rolls his eyes. And suddenly I notice my surroundings. We are waling straight trough the hallway of this restaurant, a companion from us - if I am not wrong- oh fuck, no way! At the reception is really standing Mr Ricci. He was often the responsible for the food on our galas. Such a coincidence. Nic's face lights up too.

We walk by Larsen and Nelson, straight to Ricci.

"Ricci." - He looks immediately up from his documents.

"Mercy, Rio- what?! No way!" He walks around the table to us. "What are you doing here? You grow up so much since the last time I saw you! Damn so beautiful!" Did I mention that I like this guy? He's so much fun and just gives me this special vibe off. "What shampoo are you using that your hairs are so shiny?" He leans down to us. "I need it too, my wife is already complaining about my grey hair."

"You're sixty - seven, Ricci."

"Excuse me? What should this mean now, Mercy?"

"Getting grey than isn't so unlikely in this age status." Nic plays with.

"You too, Rio? I'm hurt!" - He puts playfully one hand on his heart.

"You'll survive it." - I promise him.

"How can you be sure about this? I mean the chance to get a heart attack increases with age too, right?" Really? We send him this exact look but apparently something behind us caught his attention. Oh. Ohhh. Right, there was something. Or more some bodies. I already notice them but simply ignore that fact.

"Mr. DeLuca, what a pleasure to meet you again! And this time with the whole family! Mercy, Rio, wait a second, we can talk soon more." I was about to say something but he just goes on. I change a look with Nic. Ah and by the way: Mercy is my name for the publicity and Rio Nic's one. Mercy because of Mercurio and Rio because of Nercurio. He didn't like Nercy, so he chose Rio. Complicated, I know. But what do you want to do against it?

"What can I do-" Ricci was interrupt too. Karma is a bitch, right?

"You know each other?" - Eduardo asks suspicious and confused.

"Ohh yes, of course, since 2021. We met on a ga-"

"On a party from a friend from ours." Nic interrupts fast and hit Ricci harshly on the side. A small ‚Ah' could be heart.

"Oh yes, such a coincidence that we meet us here now, right?" - I turn my face to Ricci, who is now more than confused but somehow understand our demand to lie. Damn, this was close.

"Y-Yeah. Right, what a coincidence ..." - He looks between me and Nic, and our family confused. Poor guy, I'll explain you later everything. That's finally something I can promise.

I notice how literally everybody tensed by telling we know each other. Bros, come down from your high steeds. He's literally in the age of my grandparents. No need to worry."B-But how do you, know each other?"

Ricci points between us back and forth. Oh right, he's still unaware of us being related.

"They are our little siblings: Neliana and Neliono." Ricci's eyes go wide and he eyes between us and Alessandro who seemed to be not that happy to explain it to him.

It lasted a few seconds until Ricci collects himself again and is able to speak again. "Right, the ice blue and amender green eyes! Why didn't I notice it earlier?" He suddenly turns to us again. Oh no, I know what's cumin- "Why didn't you tell me that you both are their siblings? And don't tell me you didn't know about them! You both know literally everything!" The problem is: he's not wrong with the first and second thing. We knew about them and we know many things. But no need to tell him and the annoying 36 persons behind / next to us.

"But that's the truth." - Nic and I state innocently like always. On his face, I can tell that he doesn't believe us but keeps his mouth shut. We inhale silently a deep breath. That was close. I felt like being in the hardest roller coaster with the amount I sweat.

"Good to know this. Back to the topic: why do I have the pleasure to meet y'all?"

"We reserved a table. Name Alonzo King DeLuca." - Our grandfather responds coldly but because of his weaker face features, I can say that he and Ricci know each other. Likely are in a good relationship. Nice to specify with this bEaUtIfUl name, why not? *not the sarcasm cough cough

"Ah, I see. Follow me, please."

He walks ahead, past more tables, including the one with Spinster and Birdy, to a separated room at the end of the restaurant. Vip room. Of course. I have to roll my eyes. They are so special.

Never mind. Ricci opens for my grandfather and us the door. "Here we are. Just wink if you're ready to order. Bella serata!" (Beautiful evening!) He disappears in another door ... ah fancy. This one leads directly to the kitchen. Interesting information. Will be useful in the future, for sure. Not that I plan something. I would never.

"Take a seat." - Alfonso demands and everybody does as ask. But Nic and I don't come to it. Riccardo had pressed a button and suddenly the shutter from the big panorama window opens and reveals the most beautiful view. A view I'll never get used to.

The sea.

Unknowingly, my feet drag me around the big table and directly in front of the window. Nic by my side.

So damn beautiful. The water so blue, like his eyes. Waves crash trough the stones in the water and in the background you can also see some surfers.

He would love it. So freaking much. And it hurts.

"You like the sea?" - The voice sounds so near and away at the same time. My brain is full of memories, full of pain, leading to my and Nic' unconsidered, quick responds.

"He would love it."

"He would love it."

I cannot do something against my hand reaching for our chain automatically. His chain.

Tears are forming in my eyes. In my corners, I can see Nic does the same. Feels the same. This way, Lione is always by the side of us too, still under us.

The sea was Lione' element. From the morning till deep in the night. You couldn't stop him. We had to formally pull him out of the water with his surfboard, otherwise he would sleep on it. If he even would sleep. He could be so freaking stubborn.

A painful chuckle escapes me. With one hand still around the chain, on which is engraved his name and his date of death, I burry my face in my hands.

Lione was the best in surfing. It didn't matter how hard I or Nic tried, he was always the best - did the best tricks. It was just his element. His source of happiness. And seeing the sea, him in it, gets me every time. I can be as cold as I want, the pain of the death of loved ones hounds you every day, every minute and every second. It won't go away and you'll never forget it. Over the years you just learn how to deal with it and the negative pain changed to positive one. The beautiful memorize will move to the front, so the surfing part of Nelione.

Nevertheless, it hurts. Hurts so bad to know we will never be together on the water. Apparently I will never get the chance to beat him again.

We still have a revenge open.

2771 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.7K 2K 35
Isabella Ekaterina is the only daughter of the two most powerful mafia families in the world: the Di Luca Italian mafia and the Vasiliev Russian mafi...
609K 14.5K 70
Book 1 of 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 𖤓 𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢...
1.2M 28K 61
Evelyn Smith is a 15 year old girl who lives with her parents. She has been abused all her life by her parents, but still tries to find the good in b...
1.9M 50.6K 95
Alexa and Alesa Romano are the only daughters of the Romano family They grew up without their 7 brothers.. After the divorce of their parents. The...