Duplicitous | T.N.

De sofiamariaisabel1

Aurora the sleeping beauty, damned to a boundless doze. Only true loves kiss had the power to haul her from s... Mai multe

Cast
I • 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds
II • Nail chewing is a bad habit
III • Little Miss too perfect for me
IV • What are you hiding?
V • True colours
VI • Prejudice
VII • Physiological warfare
VIII • That one blissful moment
IX • More Angst
X • Every time 'Great' is said, note the sarcasm
XI • Dumbledores Army
XII • Half the angel
XIII • No clubs
XIV • Pure Dread
XV • Spells and Stunning
XVI • Two graves
XVII • A sneaky bugger
XVIII • Drowning sorrows in thick liquor
XIX • Anthony Creevey
XX • Shame
XXI • Downturned Glares
XXII • A brush with war
XXIII • Red & Green Ying & Yangs
XXIV • Two Stolen Angels
XXV • Selfish Hatred
XXVI • Repeated Mistakes
XXVII • Stern memories
XXVIII • Sleeping Beauty
XXIX • To reign hell
XXX • Injuries and Assumptions
XXXI • Armestice
XXXII • Bad news at Breakfast
XXXIII • Forbidden Serpent
XXXIV • Jovial Encounters
XXXV • Daring Lions & Crafty Serpents
XXXVI • I made a friend...
XXXVII • Almosts & Atelophobia
XXXVIII • Triumphed smiles
XXXIX • Hit me
XL • The real Fox
XLI • I can't
XLII • Concealed shames
XLIII • Pretty Blondes
XLIV • Stained, inky crushes
XLV • My father
XLVI • Various departures
XLVII • Owed Favours
XLVIII • Authentic sneers
XLIS • Parrallel || lellarraP • XLIS
L • Fantasy Letters
LI • A corpes' touch
LII • Nott acceptable
LIII • A scented boy
LIV • Cast under influence
LV • An Opal Curse
LVI • The end marks the beginning, the beginning marks the end
LVII • In the rain
LVIII • Cruel Bastards
LIX • A loathing
LX • Red handed
LXI • Deceitful doves
LXIII • The prodigal boyfriend
LXIV • Gothic fears and families
LXV • Bewitched minds
LXVI • The highs and hows of a teenage girl
LXVII • Complexion
LXVIII • Jam on toast
LXIX • Familiar Faces

LXII • Once upon a dream

1.8K 55 39
De sofiamariaisabel1

The uncomfortable tug of locks provoked an awkward groan from Auroras chest as Angela Johnson attempted to brush her mane of brown curls. Hair, naturally straight was easy to contain, yet after a spell, that intended to curl her wavy strands of hair, had gone wrong Auroras hair proved to be a true storm.

"Ow!" She winced as her roommate pulled the flimsy brush through her new layers of now bushy hair.

"I'm so sorry Rory." The Johnson girl too flinched. "I promise I've done this spell well before!" She collected the tap water from their shared bathroom to dampen the rat nest. "Remember Katie at the Yule ball?" She paused.

Katie was a sore subject, the girl hexed to a coma was dearly missed by her roommates. "Yeah." Rory sighed. "She looked beautiful, you did her curls well." She glanced toward her reflection in the mirror and assessed the damage, damaged strands of curls spiralled from her scull, pointing to any and all angles at the tips. She released a snort. "I, however, look ridiculous."

Angela too chuckled. "I can fix it!" She promised collecting piles worth of hair products and brushes. "Let's get to work."

A Saturday afternoon different from the rest, Aurora Flores prepared herself for her first real date with Theodore Nott, disguised as an obligation, she feigned her discontent amongst her friends, even as she remained anything but. Lost within a fit of giddy blushes and uncontrollable giggles, she spoke with Angela as they prepared the girl for the evening.

"Okay, be honest with me Rory." The witch gushed from behind her. Eyes attached to the new curls she conjured, attention and focus on Auroras following words. "Are you really that disappointed that you have to bring Theodore Nott as your date?" The darker girl chewed her lower lip, raising her view to steal a glance at her friends expression.

As a reaction, she remained void, hopeful not to expose herself. "Uhm." Aurora released a weighted breath. "I guess." Clueless as to how she would deliver the proper response the youthful witch shrugged.

"Here." Angela stole a step backwards, assessing her work. Gentle ringlets cascaded down her bare back and shoulders, the glow of the night light beside them reflecting a fluorescent hue from her chocolate locks. "What'ya think?"

"Oh Angela." Rory swooned raising a dainty pointer to touch the curls, her hand was slapped away. "Uh ah." Angela tsk'd. "No touching." The girl sighed dreamily. "It'll ruin the magic before you even get there. Now." She squealed. "The dress."

The girl raced to the bed and collected the pink fabric, holding it close to her chest as she danced, Aurora laughing from her seat before the vanity as she applied a thin layer of gloss upon her pursed lips. She needed a tissue to wipe the corner of her mouth where a smudge of makeup product had betrayed her. "Stop! I can't laugh and do my makeup." Aurora screeched.

Her friend ignored her, neglecting Rory's wishes that she stop. Instead the girl spun faster, dress hugged close, a muggle melody seeping past her lips through song. "I walked with you once... upon... a dream."

"So original." Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Oh!... I love you." The girl beamed through her song. "Oh Aurora! My fair damsel, do not fret! For my kiss shall wake you from your cursed slumber." Angela puckered her lips and pressed a kiss smack on Auroras left cheek. "Mwuah!" They both giggled.

"I bet you think you're so funny; don't you?" Aurora laughed, beyond used to people mentioning her name and it's relations to a particular tale. Sleeping beauty, as they called it.

She had obviously watched the 1950s version. As a child the idea that her name was shared with a muggle princess was beyond enthralling, for her sixth birthday her parents purchased her the dvd for their muggle television, she watched it everyday for eight months, pink became her favourite wear and plastic tiaras were often found left astray wherever in the household.

She remembered watching it for the very first time, her brothers and father had grown bored halfway through the film and had left to go do their respective activities. Although her brothers would never admit it, the movie had inspired them to leave and play swords with their wooden brooms. She had caught them mid duel on her trip for the bathroom. Her father had retired for bed; as it had been nearly midnight, the little girl could not blame him.

Her mother stayed. By her side, too wrapped in a pink feather boa, a matching crown worn on her head as little Rory requested her mum dance with her, and they did, to 'Once upon a dream" at that. The child however requested the entire household remain dead silent as Prince Phillip graced her silver stream, the child gone red as he made his appearance.

She had to have watched it at least three hundred times as a kid, no doubt her family driven mad whenever the iconic music played, yet they had never said anything, never once complained, at least not to her face. The family too fearful to seperate Aurora and her Aurora, for if they tried there would be certain hell to pay.

A somber smile dressed in melancholy graced her warm expression as memories of pink princesses plagued her, she welcomed the reminders for as much sadness they brought her, the comfort outdid such. She was glad to be speaking with her brothers again and she planned to visit her father during the late winter break, but the absence of her mother lived with her everyday and it would continue to do so for the rest of her life.

All she could do was respect that, and although it was hard, everyday bit by bit it was becoming just that much easier.

•   •   •

Stealing her calculated steps, Aurora made her way down the Gryffindor stairs with a particular sway that had all in the room focused on her sensual movements. She smiled broadly upon her newfound audience and it took just that moment of process for many to come running to her.

"Oh Rory!" They'd gushed. "You look stunning." They'd express. "You're going to Slughorns Christmas dinner yeah?" Some would say. "Of course, it's Rory." Others would reply.

"Aw, thanks!" The girl would blush. "Oh Mia! How's that book going?" Somehow, no matter how loved she got, hatred did not and would not follow. "You're kidding? Mike, stop!" There was something so flawless about the way she carried herself, how she'd managed to converse with at least five at a time, her laugh, her smile, her. No wonder Theodore wanted her gone.

But since that time, seperate feelings had birthed and not through how she offered herself to a crowd but rather the simple flaws she hid beneath her glossy surface and Theodore waited for her then, arms tucked nervously behind his back, and a flower nestled between his fingers.

The portrait opened.

And through the ajar painting stepped the figure of a young girl where she was met with a young boy who by the very minute was re-learning how to love.

He released his held breath. "Oh."

"Oh?" She smiled a wryly, cheeky grin. It was a smile lost within the faces of millions, mischief and mayhem bled through her teeth and promised chaos, he considered himself lucky to witness it. His blues having focused on the curve of her lips had yet to roam the rest of her, as he did the 'snakes' stomach simply quenched as if such a slithery creature had tangled itself within him itself.

Trailing down her figure enhanced dress was he able to steal a peak at the curves of her bust to the simple lining of her hips. Pink, he knew, did her justice. She reminded him of a strawberry dripping of melted chocolate, and oh how he looked at her like such, ready to not only devour but savour the taste, smell and look of such a treat.

His eyes did not break from her gaze, he did not bother to check to insure they were safe, he simply took two great leaps worth of steps and stole her breath as his mouth pressed flush against hers. He cupped her neck with one hand, her cheek with the other, their chests moulded together his neck lowered to reach her.

"You." He pulled from her. "You..." She glanced up at him, he watched as curiosity danced between the gleam of her irises. He pulled her in for a second kiss. "You." The boy concluded.

"You." She smiled, glancing down at the black suit he wore proudly, the embroidery of his vest entrancing the girl. She traced the swirly patterns. "You." She too concluded.

They both moved in for the third kiss. 

"Marry me." He joked. She laughed, loudly too. It was only through the repeated echo of her giggle as it ricocheted from the stone walls and back through their enclosed space did they realise how out in the open they were.

He pulled the girl toward a secluded hallway. "I don't even know why I brought you here I just." He gulped. "I just want to kiss you." And he did.

"You're going to ruin my makeup." She pulled away. "The night is still young."

"And my patience does not take kindly to age." He rebutted, lowering himself for another touch of the lips. She let him. After that final peck, he allowed her to pull him away, arms interlocked, her head nestled into his shoulder as he whispered both promises and jolly. If only it could last forever.

By the time they had approached actual people she raised her relaxed head and feigned disinterest, as if she didn't want to be near him. The crowd was bustling with life and animated chatter. They went practically unnoticed.

Note 'practically'. Slughorn who had been eyeing the door for arriving students, rushed to greet the Flores witch whom he sought to at least speak to as he had any of his other guests. She watched as the pep in his walk and the cheer of his smile dim as he eyed who was on her arm. Theodore seemed thrilled to watch as this man faltered in response to his presence.

"Ah." Slughorn looked uncomfortable. "Miss Flores dear, how are you." The man smiled once and it fell just as quickly an almost worried glance sent to her. She half expected him to murmur 'blink twice if you're being held hostage'.

"Oh, I'm quite alright." She grinned. "Theodore too." She aimed to include him.

"Are you sure this isn't that lovely muggle not doppelgänger I'd met?" The man laughed, Aurora smiled at the memory. "Theodore, m'boy." He breathed a stiff chuckle. "How're you?"

"Oh I'm splendid. Glad to be here..." he paused. "I feel honoured." Theodore smirked even further as Horace Slughorn frowned, clearly just grasping the true lack of genuineness within the young wizards selected words.

"Hm." Their professors spirits came falling. Of course, they'd been brought up sky high by the immediate arrival of Harry Potter on the arm of Luna Lovegood, the portioner beamed. "Harry!" He half praised his very name, before taking off without even a simple goodbye.

Aurora slapped Theodore's arm. "Was that really necessary?" She asked.

"He's so biased." Theo grinned. "No matter how polite I could aim to be, the man would never like me". He turned down to stare at her almost adoringly.

"You're simply proving him right." She smiled sassily.

The Slytherin shrugged before whispering in her ear. "What can I say, I'll play the role I've been given." He smiled bashfully. "As long as you don't play yours." The girl laughed at the irony.

From afar, past the droning of compliments and praise from the host of the evening Harry, himself watched as Nott whispered whatever he had in Rory's ear. He watched as the boy attempted to conceal his growing smile with a tight lipped grin, he watched as his dear friend cackled, head thrown back, collarbone exposed for the snake to ogle. He observed as her hand rubbed along his upper chest as she too stood up on her toes to whisper what she had.

Harry watched hopelessly as the girl he loved the way a brother would a sister, seemingly loved another. And in that moment, with no context and no bias did he not find himself filled with a birthed anger. Instead, in a moment of clarity, he sighed and gazed upon Rory Flores as she giggled... and he too smiled.

The gentle twist of his lip dimmed as his eyes found Theodore, he could not help but glare, especially as he realised he may have to learn to tolerate him now. He could learn to accept Theodore Nott as that lucky bastard who stole Auroras eye... at least it wasn't Malfoy, the boy who lived gulped down his champagne. 

Merlin forbid he hurt her.

•   •   •

After too many curious glances and questioning eyes, Aurora and Theo retired to a blind spot behind the curtains. Their identities, stolen by the flimsy fabric concealed their chattering activities for the night. Many danced or conversed with many but they were happy by themselves alone as they always had been.

And they couldn't have had it any other way.

"Okay," The Gryffindor huffed. "On a scale of one to ten. What would you rate Professor Snape?" She waited eagerly for his answer.

He scratched his neck"Uhm. A solid... seven?"

"A seven?" She gasped. "I figured you'd rate him a ten."

"Why because I'm a Slytherin?"

"What? No." She blushed. "But... yes." She pressed her palms against her coloured cheeks. "Because he likes you."

The boy snorted, picking a piece of tart from their shared plate and placing it between his teeth. "Trust me. Snape does not like me."

"No?"

"Absolutely not."

"Ha." She laughed.

"What?"

"Nothing." They both knew why she'd laughed. His eyes found the back of his head as her smile grew, her humour not any better nor different form the rest. They chose to ignore it.

"Well, I'm an absolute shit to have as a student." He plucked a second pastry treat.

"You're fairly intelligent." The girl frowned.

"That's not what I meant." Theo cackled. "I'm disruptive, pessimistic , arrogant, extremely arrogant, often sidetracked and very much an incurable flirt." He offered the girl a playful wink. "Oh, did I mention I adore starting arguments?"

The girl shook her head a teasing grin worn on her face. "Wow." Her smile grew. "Why am I friends with you? If you're so bad."

He snorted. "Because I'm me." The boy mumbled a scoff as if he thought he were the great Merlin reincarnated. She laughed, he feigned offence to such.

"So." She began. "What about Professor McGonagall?"

•   •   •

Having lost themselves behind the red curtain, they had yet to notice the ruffling third addition that stood feverishly behind them. They received quite the surprise when she spoke. "Rory?" Came her innocent question.

Aurora jumped back from her space nearly inches from Theodore. "Mione?" She turned around, met with Hermione also dressed in soft pink. She looked beautiful to say the least. However despite such, she did not seem to feel so. On the verge of what seemed to be panic, she stood freakishly still. "What're doing here?" Aurora felt safe to ask as she realised her purpose of interrupting them had not been to scold her but rather escape herself.

"I—" the girl paused. "My date." Hermione scratched her neck.

It did not take long for Aurora to piece together what Hermione had not said, her silence having spilled the secret. "You didn't?" Rory smiled affectionately. "Who is it?"

"Cormac Mclaggen." Hermione swallowed.

Both Aurora and Theodore's jaws experienced the new weight of gravity as they flung downward. "Oh." Rory winced. "Oh Hermione."

"I hate that git." Theodore murmured from behind. "Really? Him?" Already anticipating the upcoming sneer from Hermione, he simply smiled as he received it.

"Really? Him?" The young witch spoke to Aurora.

"Touché." Theodore backed off.

"It's okay." Aurora rubbed her arm. "You can stay here with us." The girl winked. "A Cormac and Ron free environment, yeah?" Hermione visibly relaxed, her tense shoulders dropping. "Look, I can't blame you. I would've done the same."

"No you wouldn't have." The Granger witch sighed. "It's okay. I got myself in this mess."

"Hermione?" Came the condescending purr of Cormac who roamed along the other side of the curtain.

Both Aurora and Theodore wore open mouthed, jaw ajar smiles at this. Hermiones eyes rolled as she did a quick run on the spot, quick to dash right off under the curtain with a simple hiss "Goodbye!"

"Oh, Rory?" Mclaggen greeted as he, the very moment Hermione escaped, ducked under the curtain. He smiled in greeting not displeased to find the Flores witch. "What're you doing back here?" His smile turned dangerous.

"Oh," Theodore sighed and made himself noticed. "Nothing really." He grinned, nestling himself purposely close to the girl, his hand slithering around her torso and pulling her back into his chest.

"Nott." Cormac seemed to visibly deflate. His eyes flickered from one to the other and back again, having realised what was going on his expression darkened. "Rory, you haven't happened to see Hermione, have you? My date?"

"No." Aurora drawled on, her attention clearly elsewhere. "I haven't, but if you have to look for her behind the curtains can you really consider her your date?" Flores smiled a condescending grin threaded with both malice and sarcasm. Cormac stilled. His scowl no match for Theodore's who stood behind her, and once he realised it was a battle he had lost, the boy simply walked away.

The moment his absence had been processed, Theodore stole the moment to spin the girl around by her shoulders and press a heated kiss straight for her lips. "That was you." He whispered, lips having yet to depart from hers. He pressed harder. "And you were beautiful."

Their moment was soon snatched from them at the sound of chaos erupting from the other side of their small, concealed paradise. The music came to a halt and chatter died out like the old flame of a melted candle. With a single, sad glance, they returned to the view of others, though, no one was looking at them.

Instead Filch came limping through the room mumbling his bogan profanities at a profuse rate from under his tongue. A clatter of decor, knocked by both his rushing figure and the body who he held close in a dangerous grip.

Theodore stilled, mumbling his own string of curses from under his breath, she watched as his eyes fluttered close in frustration as Draco Malfoy was pulled into view by the nasty caretaker. Filch's fist clenched tight as he fisted Malfoy by the collar. Unable to break free the boy was dragged straight into the center of the evening.

"Professor Slughorn, sir!" Came his croak. "I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor." Filch sneered down at the child, his expression failing to waver as he looked up at Horace Slughorn. "He claims he was invited to your little soirée." The squib hatefully mocked.

Burned pink at the cheeks Malfoy was quick to intervene. "Alright! Alright!" He looked around. "I was gate crashing." The blonde snatched himself from the old man's grasp, adjusting his suit nervously as he realised his initial cover had been half blown. "Happy?" Malfoy turned toward the angry and miserable man his sneer fit to kill.

"I'll escort him out." Came the slow and dulcet tone of Professor Snape. Dressed, not so surprisingly, in raven black dress robes, he swarmed toward the caught child and caretaker, his cloak dragging behind him.

The atmosphere darkened suddenly as Malfoy's gaze held Snape's. "Certainly... professor." His words a mix of knowing and mockery as he addressed the older wizard with malice. And just like that, the two returned to the sanctuary of the darkness, until they were considered gone. Their footsteps the final strand of evidence they were there at all.

"Oh!" Slughorn gushed. "Carry on!" His arms swayed encouragingly. "Carry on, will you." And with his words the music resumed and chatter continued as if the altercation had not even occurred.

Aurora was quick to turn to Theo a smile on her face, however she was not met with one back. Instead, his eyes were sunken, expression cold, as if obligation carried him a direction he did not wish to venture. With a sigh, he glanced down toward his friend and for a moment the weight seemed to diessapitate, for a moment. "I need to go." Was all he offered, before the boy too left the way Malfoy and Snape had before him, determination and promise laced in his glide until he too had been stolen by the dark exit and out of sight.

Aurora was left sunken herself as Theodore left, her smile entirely absent as he was. Unsure what to do with herself she reached for a glass of bubbly champagne. She did not much care for it, but whatever little alcohol swirled within the bubbles would have to soothe her worries for the time being. For Merlin sakes, she didn't even know what she should be worrying about.

Simply more certain Theodore wasn't necessarily okay, did more to her than it should have.

She discarded her empty glass and reached for another. "Are you sure you should be doin that Rory?" Neville's unsure voice matched his expression. "Don't wan' to get hurt." His face downward as she glanced up at the lanky boy.

"You're right, Neville." She smiled, neglecting the urge to out do her own weight. She looked up at him adoringly. "What're you doing as a waiter?" The girl sighed.

"Well, I've always wanted to come to a party like this." He smiled up at all the decor and guests who spoke excitedly amongst each other. His smile was crooked and insecure as he spoke to her.

"Neville you could have shown up as a guest, you know?" The girl rubbed his shoulder endearingly.

"I wasn't invited." He shrunk into himself. "But it's okay, I like working. It gives me something to do."

"You can by my date." Aurora smiled. "To the next one." Neville's expression soon brightened. "That is if I'm invited to the next one, didn't exactly make the greatest impression today." The girl joked with a wryly laugh, the gentle wizard too smiling.

"Oh, hey Rory!" Came the song of Luna. "Hey Neville." She sighed. "Wonderful party, is it not?" The girl swayed on the spot, her silver spoon dress tickling her pale knees as her eyes roamed along the room. She smiled dreamily.

"Oh yeah!" Neville appeared almost ecstatic. "Sure is, Luna." He grinned.

"Where's your date Rory?" The Lovegood witch questioned. "You seemed attached by the hip before." The blonde girls smile brightened. "I was almost scared to approach you, worried I'd ruin the moment."

Neville was terribly confused by this, and the way Rory turned as awfully pink as her dress. "Ah no, Luna. No moment would have been disrupted I can assure you of that." She attempted to reassure. However, her words were too fast paced, rather more desperate if anything. She rushed for a subject changer. "Uhm. What of your date?" She twiddled her thumbs. "You came with Harry, right?"

"Yes." Luna nodded. "Yes I did." Her arms swayed in circles beside her a gentle grin present as it always had been.

"Where is Harry, actually?" Eyebrows nestled into her top eye lid Aurora searched the room in genuine concern for his presence and well-being. Eloped with unsurely feelings she glanced back down to Luna who appeared simply unfazed... again as per usual.

It was then she spoke and left Aurora with a rock in her gut. "He left around the time Malfoy did." And her words offered no comfort for Rory because so had Theodore.

_________________________________

AN,
Well. I liked this chapter. And ever since writing this book – I'm not even kidding – Sleeping beauty has become my favourite princess. I love her hair for crying out loud!! It's so fluffy. Anyway anyway, hope you liked it blah blah blah, love you all, have a purely splendid day /night you get it xx

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

35K 956 82
The Regency Era in the Muggle World is not much different from the Magical World when it came to the busy time of what is called "The Social Season."...
1.4M 32.4K 50
A Theodore Nott Love Story. *** Everything isn't what it seems. *** "Lies! It's all lies, Theo!" I raised my voice, tears brimming the edge. "What...
122K 5K 22
Draco Malfoy is a womaniser. He never cares for the girls that he messes around - doesn't blink an eye when they confess their love for him, never fl...
6.5K 108 18
Vivianne Nott was known to everyone as Theodore's "sweet innocent baby sister" and she was tired of it. Always stuck in her brother's shadow, she dec...