XXX • Injuries and Assumptions

Ugly tears swelled in her misty eyes. Her head was bowed as she clutched her aching hand, speeding through the halls. No one saw her, she spoke to no one, the aching in her fist throbbed and writhed. She couldn't imagine the pain that monster, Terence Higgs was feeling.

Terence Higgs. She didn't know how she felt about her actions. She had after all those years snapped. Like a rubber band, for years stretched and pulled, the elasticity, so strong, no one expected it to break, yet it did. Her resistance wasn't enough for she snapped her rubber band and she felt as it repelled back and slapped her, leaving her with a nasty red mark. The mark she then wore on her fist.

But her fist wasn't just branded a temporary red, the bones were disfigured. She compared her two hands, trying to spot any differences, it was clear as day her knuckles were weirdly rearranged. What had happened to Terence's face? She wondered.

Thinking about him she was riddled with guilt but not for him. For herself. She believed he deserved that punch she proudly delivered, she just wished she hadn't risked her own reputation she had formed. She had nothing except her social life, her friends, she couldn't risk losing it. If the picture she had drawn of herself was deemed fake, she wouldn't be able to stand it.

Terence Higgs, she thought his name for a third time with a scowl, he harasses her, touches her, angers her, and would soon destroy her. She hated him more than anything, surprisingly she disliked him more than Nott, who knew?

Finally arriving at the hospital wing she pushed right through the doors, no care as to think up of an excuse for her hand, the line as too demanding. Madam Pomfery rushed in at the alarming sound of the door being thrown open. The lady's shoulders dropped at the sight of a tear rimmed injured Rory.

"What happened to you dul?" the lady asked, concerned. Aurora didn't want to speak, she only lifted her hand and madam Pomfery vastly got to work. She gently lifted the injured limb and examined it, mumbling theories and ideas as to what the injury could be.

She quickly offered Rory a seat on one of the many beds. She briskly flopped down on it, sighing loudly in frustration.

The nurse returned a potion clasped in one hand, bandages in the other. Taking hold of Rory's frail wrist she looked at it one last time before speaking her observation. "Okay, you see luv, it appears to be dislocated." Aurora shuddered an uneven breath at the lady's words.

"Im going to have to pop it back in place, nice and simple, but I suggest you stay here for an hour or two to see how we go, okay dal"? Madam Pomfery repeated her term of endearment with a soft tone. Aurora nodded twice, she wore a deep frown and but her lip to contain her tears.

Gently she placed her wand right were the bone was uneven mumbling a spell, Aurora hissed as her knuckle produced an irregular cracking sound. Releasing a quote wail, she bit down harshly on her tongue, drawing a single bead of blood which rolled down her lip, the metallic taste made her cringe. Wiping her mouth of the blood, she looked down in shame.

As the nurse began to wrap her hand in bandages the door was once again thrown open. Terence walked in. She didn't notice the hesitance in his usually strutted walk, so she tensed, he did too.

She finally had the chance to appreciate the work she had made. His nose was much worse than her hand, he had both dried and new blood smeared all over his face. A purple bruise had began to form around his nose and on the twisted bridge, she cringed lightly.

"Oh good heavens child, what have you done?" The nurse bear yelled at the state of the boy, he shrugged once before the nurse rushed, quick to come to his aid. Her gentle touch graced his own unworthy face as she examined his own wounds. The lady dropped her hands and frowned, the nose was clearly broken, but that wasn't what shocked her.