VII • Physiological warfare

Once her Professor opened the door, it was Auroras first instinct to bolt right into the room and find herself the best spot in the class, but her mannerisms prevented her from committing such a thoughtless and selfish act. She took one immediate step, but before taking another she thought of her mother, how she was raised, her father, her perfect brothers hence the perfect expectations set of her.

She took a step back. She spun to whoever was behind her and presented them with a polite grin, dimples evident at the such strong force of her smile. She turned her head to face Adrian Pucey. She had only spoken to him once, it was so brief she didn't remember their interaction.

"Pucey." She greeted, "After you." With a slight tilt of her head to represent respect, she cleared a slight path for him to make through. He turned to his friends in slight confusion before he was hit with the revelation that he was encountering Aurora Flores. Gryffindor sweetheart. Who would never hurt a fly, so all he did in return was give her a simple thin lipped grin and a slight nod  to represent his thanks before continuing forward.

Aurora continued to smile at students who made their way past her. She was beginning to regret her decision to let others pass, because once she let one person through, she couldn't possibly allow herself to block anyone else. She waited and hoped at least someone would kindly let her through, but to no avail.

Daphne, who had passed her, beamed as she walked through the gap between Aurora and the doors, but no one else paid attention to the sweet brunette, who had gone out of her way to allow others through. Finally, it was only Aurora, she rolled her eyes at her pushover behaviour but strolled in with no hesitation regardless.

Once she passed the threshold, and into the classroom, she sighed. The seat she had been hopeful to occupy was taken by another student. In fact any other seat she had wanted to sit at was taken. She would have to adjust to spending her year at the back of the classroom. She was going to have difficulties seeing, but would rather squint like a bat rather than request to move because it was an 'inconvenience to her'.

So she lazily walked to her new seat, her head lolled back in frustration, the seats were permanent, unless professor Snape requested for a seating change. Her desk was dark oak wood, to match the dark and sinister class room she was currently residing in. Her fingers traced the lines forged on the table, her perfectly natural pink painted nails trailed along the wood.

She continued to do so until the buds of her fingertips met chiseled writing. She squinted her eyes to view two initials 'A+L'. Her brain worked hard to discover who's names the letters represented. Her attention had completely drifted from the front of the room and to the tiny writing in front of her.

Andrea + Lilly, she thought. Her mother and best friend. It could've been anyone, but Aurora believed those initials were specified for the two soul sisters. Who, throughout their school years loved each other ferociously. Aurora also thought that the two had found each other and one day so would she.

The door barged open, it interrupted Rory from the thoughts of her mother. The whole class turned to meet the gaze of Theodore, who had apparently thought it was okay to be late. The professor didn't bother to approach the door. He didn't bother to give a scolding. If it was a Gryffindor who had arrived late the professor would've taken away at least fifth points. All he did was narrow his eyes and tell the young misfit to take a seat, before he continued his lesson.

Theo's eyes scanned the room. His two best friends, Zabini and Pucey had no room at their table for him, they shot him a sorrowful look before looking for a seat for him also. All three at the same moment spotted the only available chair left in the classroom. A nice cozy spot in the corner, right by Aurora Flores.