The Reason I Dream Of You

Slyphd tarafından

If Grace Harvey has to describe herself, she is just an ordinary village woman. She is an ordinary person, w... Daha Fazla

The First Day
The Moment of Realization
To Become Closer
The Reason
Unfortunate Encounter
The Bitter Truth
Reassuring Place
The Princess's Origin
The Marks
Unfamiliar Feeling
Dreaming of The Doom
Engage the Disengagement
Main Character's Irony
The Dissapointment Rage

Sleepless Night

12 0 0
Slyphd tarafından

READING GUIDANCE!!

" This is a direct sentence in the present time."

" This is a direct sentence in the past time."

' This is inside character's mind sentence in the present time.'

'This is inside character's mind sentence in the past time.'

HAPPY READING!

.

.

.

.' She is lying.' and she knows it for sure after she has spent a lot of time living with these two stranger. Which makes her questioning her own ability to understand something so fast. While looking at an ordinary maid who seems insecure about being in the most safe place in the entire Kingdom. ' for someone like her- for not feeling safe in this kind of place? what danger she has already encountered for her to feel that way?'

Of course, at first- the only focus that she had was only to the cursed princess who has interesting apperiance where all of her body looks like an albino. Even in the first time they came, she was covered by cloths for the sake of her safety. 

" She is danger." even her emotionless brother of hers could not help but to state the fact that a mere children like her have to be sent all the way to the land of knights and to be protected heavily just because of how dangerous she is. 

... but, she could not see someone innocent like her to be a person that should be treated by how dangerous she is. She could not help but then provide her the best she could get so that she could at least breath a nice air with a nice environment. Growing and developing just like a child should be- 

but, her first 'tantrum' get a hold of her, 

it was the first time that the knights thats she knows since the day she was born- confused with what was happening. For a mere crying children could thrown a lot of seasoned knights easily. 

Her eyes were flaring as she then yelling something she could not understand.

" RESSS!! RESSS! WERE IS RESS!" 

Even at that moment- an order to actually put her down by strong magic was announced. Despite how much she tried to stop it-nothing she could do in that situation as someone who has nothing but weak body.

Just when everything almost got worst- a mere maid, somehow- in the middle of chaos could bring herself close to the princess and hugs her immediately. 

She was not looking at a superhuman who could encountered a strong power- in fact after she tried to understand how, it was only her will that bring her to the princess. While using anything that she could- looking for a chance that she found, and commited to the will that she had. She walked closer while knowing so much that the pain she felt was real.

but, she showed her as if it was nothing.

While the child then embraced her so deeply- and the crying somehow went down so easily. The rage that child was once shown- could not be found anymore. 

"... Are you okay?"  but when everyone thought that the chaos had passed and came closer to the maid who they thought just hugging the little princess. No one aware but him, that she was not okay.

" Prepared a room in the hospital." Titan said, who somehow came urgently. 

Who then made Lady Kiara came closer to him before surprised by her brother who suddenly lifted the body of the unconscious maid who still holding the princess tightly. 

He was running without words, as if nothing in his head other than the maid.   

"... seemed like the head maid put the maid in different charge unknowingly about how that attached the princess to her-" Titan then explained. "... I am also in the wrong because I am not explain it to them, but- hope in the future just let the maid to be in charged in Princess's well being." he said. 

- and Lady Kiara could understand it that much- after all, this maid that was coming with the Princess was not a kind of maid who will serve royalties like the princess. It is something that could be easily misunderstood as their society circulates in that kind of hierarchy. But, his reaction was something that makes her have no words to be spoken. 

' Since when that someone like him- who cares nothing, to then stay for quite long time just to make sure this maid okay?' 

even after that, the whole arrangement is made- and the whole castle is now working for the sake to fulfill the princess's comfort. 

'... Being your sister for almost thirty years- it surely surprised me that someone could make you act this way.' and maybe that is then the reason of why she is now more aware with her existence. Then, maybe that is also the reason that she then becomes closer to her. 

After all, she kind of someone who easily be friended with as her personality could easily makes people feel safe around her. The one who knows her position- and the one who does not one to meddle in affair that is not hers. In the same time- she is a kind of one who also will listen, and treat you gently- as if she wants to appreciate every people in the way they will also feel appreciated. 

'... then since then, she started to say that I have to appreciate my life as much as I could.' a cliche one but feel so sincere that she ended up could not ignore it. 

after all it is nice to know someone wish you the best life. Especially when she says it out loud while everyone she knows always have problem to tell what is inside their thought. 

" ... to meet someone like you who could tell every feeling- surely feels so refreshing."  she said to her. 

and she smiled dearly, while she found her take a moment of silence as if she thought of something. "... emotions after all- something that is hard to be spoken out loud." she said. "... But, time is not waiting for us- who knows when we then stopped to able speak out our feeling." 

So it is easy for her, to feel comfort around her. It surprising her but it is something that is happening. So that is why maybe, she is now starting to meddle in her affair- get curious about why then, despite the smile she is now showing- there is a hint of worries that could not be hidden. 

' Despite how much I tell her and try to convince her- that this place will be the safest place she could ever be-' the maid could not help herself but feels worry. Especially every single night when their surrounding starts to feel quiet- her whole body shows how much she is in her guard. Every single sound will make her reacted. 

'... That is why also, I put knight inside the princess's bedroom just to make her feel relieve.' but when she looks at Grace whose grow black eyes in her eyes- seems that it is not changing anything. 

"... She is not taking any sleep at all." said the knight to her who is now in her study room. " ... At least when I am in shift with her- she is not taking any sleep, My Lady." 

" Is she sleeping in your shift?" asked her to the other knight.

and he shakes her head. " ... No, I told her to do so- but- she was staying up through the day too." 

"... How long has it be-"

" What's the matter?" and then suddenly, a heavy voice comes as she then looks at her brother who seems just go home from his patrol. "... Why the hell they are here and not guarding the princess?"

" Knock before you go inside a lady's room." she said bitterly. 

and he just scoffed, " Go back to your position-"

" Just wait- I need some information from them." she said while then ignoring him who have a seat comfortably while taking off his armor. " ... is she taking her pills?" asked her.

and they nods in the same time. " If what you mean is the sleeping pills- I saw her drinking that." he said. " ... she also asked for a little bit rest- and I agreed to stay beside the sleeping princess, but- despite how many pills she has drunk, she was not sleeping at all." 

"... It has been happening since I am in charge in the princess's guard." 

and she nods, " Alright, go back to your position." she said. Which they respond with knight salute and leave immediately. She then looks at her brother who expectedly looking at her. " ... Well, do you have any idea?" asked her.

" What is this?"

" The precious maid for the princess is having problem right now." she said. Which the brother who always acts nonchalantly- is now listening to her. " ... we just found out that she having sleeping disorder." 

he then frowned, " What?"

" Well too put it simple, she never takes any single sleep since the day she come." 

" ... then just let her sleep?" 

" If that's so simple- we already did it." she said. " But... she could not and it might be because of her mental situation."

" What do you mean?" 

and surely it is interesting for her to find out that, the brother she knew is now listening to her too well as it is something that is never happened. ' Is it because she is the most important person for the princess that migt be hard to find the replacement- or, it is because she is Grace Harvey that you are put your interest in?'

"... I found it quite dangerous so I volunteery accompany the princess one day- I told her that if she worries so much about the princess, she can sleep in the same room as us. Of course she once denied it but- I ordered her anyway." she said. " That time, she already aware of her situation as well so- somehow she got sleeping pill from the pharmacist- she drank it, and ready to sleep. At first it seems it is working but-  after maybe 10 minutes her body reacted too much that I thought something wrong with her." 

" She was shaking, sweating and crying silently but looks so painful- and it was so hard to wake her up until she was waking by herself in the most uncomfortable way." 

" The first thing she was looking was the princess-" 

"... you have nightmares?" asked her while trying to comfort her trembling body. "... I will prepare for a warm drink- please wait-"

" No."  she said with a hoarse voice while her hand that held her trembling. "... It is okay, My Lady- it is okat."  and it was easy for her to realize that the thing just happened is not as simple as a normal nightmare. Surely, she was having nightmares but a kind one that it is too torturing to be described. 

"... Since that, I never see her sleep again." she said. " ... and it starts to effect her health and Cole said that it might dangerous for her if she keeps doing so. Especially when it has been weeks and there is no improvement-"

" He recomended me to call for phsychologist but- nothing could be done as Grace would not say anything even further. The phsychologist validated that the problem might be in the inside- but- if Grace does not want to share anything, even the best physchologist will never able to help her." 

he then looks away as he then leans his body. Somehow it feels like he understands the reason imediately. 

"... If we could just hide the princess inside the palace with the highest protection-" 

but the Emperor denied it too fast for him to even explain. "... No. Even this is my father's will- I don't want to take  a risk and put the entire Empire in unknown danger.- Solisa Empire could not close the border. and that is the fact. So- we have to find the place for the princess to live." 

" At least... that unknown power you just describe- I my self could not understand the resource of it-and if the existence of the princess will lead them to come- I am not prepare for putting my people in line." 

'... but it feels like, the story goes the way the dream she had.'  because in that time he realized so well that there was no other choice other than to bring the princess to Arkas Dukedom. 

That was way, it felt so hard to speak out it loud but- ".... I will keep my promise to your father." he said. " I will bring the princess's to Arkas Dukedom, Your Majesty." 

and it is so obvious even for him- 

the moment when she knew the truth and the hazel eyes looking at him as if asking for explanation while knowing too much that she did not have any right to do so.

too aware of her position to even asking 'why' - 

' How could I explain it though?' that he puts them in the path that she so awares will bring her tragedies?

He then closes his eyes as he sighed. Surely unreliazed that his sister is now looking at him in curiousity. For the busy man who knows nothing but to follow the order for the Emperor. Who knows nothing but to obey and stay by his side- is now staying in his land for quite a long time. Scheduling quite intense patrol every day from morning to morning- and makes sure every single things in this castle is comfortable enough for the princess.

'... but now I start to think it is not only because of the princess.'

' Am I thinking too much about it?'

'... Yet- both of them are so similar-' 

as both of them are having a sleepless night too.

***

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1K 40 59
"Why are my hands getting warmer?" As far as Alicia was concerned, she was the daughter of a rich businessman attending high school. Then, she feels...
29.7K 1.7K 24
Three best friends, two choices, one fate. Waking up with splitting headaches in a wrecked carriage, three girls were met with unfamiliar faces and a...
21K 517 47
Dying at the age of 16 might seem harsh to others but that wasn't the case for her. Rather she was happy that it was the end of a miserable life. So...
11.1K 486 19
Mallory, who had lived a life full of regrets, had always desired to live more abundantly. She was envious of the freedom and joy that others seemed...