White Tiger (Book 1 in the Wh...

By StryderSweetman

Benina was a normal human being, an orphan at the age of 11 months. She had a life as normal as it could be f... More

Chapter 1- Adopted
Chapter 2- Shifters
Chapter 3- The Pack
Chapter 4- A Plan
Chapter 5- Let's Get Packing
Chapter 6- A Hotel
Chapter 7- Unexpected Neighbour
Chapter 8- Georg
Chapter 9- Xavier
Chapter 10- The Past Year
Chapter 11- Coming Home
Chapter 12- A Mate's Betrayal
Chapter 13- Day One
Chapter 14- Birthday Surprises
Chapter 15- Babysitting
Crazy Love
Chapter 16- Playing Alpha
Chapter 17- The Maze
Chapter 18- False Trial
Chapter 19- The Vote
Chapter 20- Feminist
Chapter 21- Lure
Chapter 22- Bonding Time
Chapter 23- Planning Love
Chapter 24- Time Alone
Chapter 26- Meet Morte
Chapter 27- Flying Lessons
Chapter 28- Plan An Event
Chapter 29- Exploding Pancakes
Chapter 30- Feast
Chapter 31- Helpless
Chapter 32- Fading
Chapter 33- The Visitor
Chapter 34- Mort Blanche
Chapter 35- Flash
Epilogue

Chapter 25- Man Points

15.6K 579 135
By StryderSweetman

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 25

Jason

"You're losing all your man points." Nixon complained, sprawled across the couch in the lounge room.

"What do you mean?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"You're doing all this gooey romantic stuff, you're letting Ben walk all over you, and now you're spilling all the details to your 'bestie'. You're losing all your man points." He explained.

I huffed and crossed my arms, "I am not."

"Yeah, man, you are. I mean, Ben's pretty cool and all that, but you need to go about this differently! With Ani, all I had to do was flick my hair and she-"

I cut him off with a look of disbelief, "If I remember correctly, you also had to get down on your knees and beg, so don't go off about me losing my man points when you lost yours."

"What? Aww, come on, man! That doesn't count! At least I didn't put flower petals and candles everywhere for her!"

"Well clearly you've been listening to my 'detail spilling' because you know I actually did that! So maybe you enjoyed our little girly fest, because clearly you are losing your man points too!"

And so the argument raged on.

Benina

"You're losing all your man points." Willow pointed out.

I eyed her, confused by what she was implying.

"I should hope so, after all, I am female." I pointed out.

She rolled her eyes and slumped into a chair in my office. "No, you had man points, now you're losing them. You're getting all gooey with Jason, letting him beg for you, and then spilling the details. I know this is what girls usually do, but still, your man points are rapidly deteriorating."

I snorted, "Oh, so I’m the only one then? Not you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Nope, I have all my man points intact." She claimed.

I chuckled, "Oh, so all your 'man points' stayed intact while you were making googly eyes at Jeremy? When you went on a picnic with him in a pink dress?"

She blushed a little, "Ok, so I may have let myself go a little, but I still have more man points than you." She announced.

"Nuh-uh, you lost them all the day you wore ribbons in your hair for Jeremy." I told her.

And so the argument raged on.

Stephani

"You're losing all your man points." I told Jeremy, "Not that you had many in the first place."

He looked up at me across the dining table. "Yeah." He agreed.

And so the argument was over before it began.

Benina

The past few days had been pretty cool, Jason was hanging out with us and we were getting to know each other a little better.

We had actually taught Kaz to hold his breath, so he could swim underwater for a little while.

Since he had shifter abilities because of me, he was able to change minor things about himself, like his lungs or nostrils.

This is how we taught him to hold his breath. He shifted so that he was capable of it, and after a bit of practice, he could hold his breath and swim for a whole minute underwater.

Jason and I had kissed a few times, and we were getting closer, our bond growing. I even let him have some control over the pack.

By that, I meant I let him decide what I cooked on Tuesday night.

He chose lasagne.

We were in the games room, playing with the air hockey table.

He smashed the puck towards me and I snapped my pusher up, sending it back towards him. He missed it by millimetres and it slipped into the goal.

I let out a whoop and announced, "You have to take me to my choice of restaurant tonight!"

He rolled his eyes and muttered, "Fine."

We headed out of the room and to the gym. He desperately wanted to show me how strong he was.

I hopped onto the treadmill and started it on a slow pace. I turned to watch him as he reached for a weight. He started off with 7 kilos on each arm, lifting them up.

I was already bored.

I mean, sure, it's a nice sight to see, his arms flexing as he moved on to the next set of weights, but I don't really want to sit around watching him lift metal for show.

I shifted into a sports bra, an iPod, short shorts and some joggers, raising the speed on the treadmill.

I hit play on the iPod and jogged to the beat, occasionally turning to face Jason and make an appreciative sound so he thought I was watching.

After half an hour of different speeds on the treadmill and pretending to obsess over Jason's strength, we decided to go for a swim to cool down.

We headed out to the forest, deciding not to bring Kaz or our friends, and shifted. I shifted into Libeth, knowing she was dying to spend some time with Griffon.

I looked across to see Jason had shifted into Griffon, clearly thinking the same as me.

They edged towards each other, both unsure what to do. I nudged Libeth along in my mind and she sped up and headed towards him.

They both forgot their nerves when they met up, Libeth purring as she rubbed her face against his. He purred along with her, something I am sure he would be embarrassed about if he wasn't so caught up with Libeth.

Libeth circled Griffon, inspecting her mate. He rubbed up against her as she passed, getting his scent all over her.

An unspoken agreement passed between them and they both turned and bolted toward the lake. When we arrived, Libeth and Griffon jumped in, not thinking about the fact that Griffon didn't like water very much.

A screech escaped Griffon's mouth as they landed in the water, becoming aware that he didn't like it. He let Jason and take over, so he didn't have to be in the water.

Libeth huffed, paddling along, when she let me shift back, clearly bored without Griffon there.

It was a pleasant experience until that happened, she whined.

If you two weren't so caught up in each other, you would have noticed that cats don't tend to enjoy water. I pointed out.

I turned to face Jason, "Fools!" I giggled.

He grinned and dove underwater, out of sight. I was on red alert when something brushed past my bare legs. I looked down and realised I was wearing a bright red bikini.

All of a sudden I was pulled down, underwater, a hand clasped over my mouth. I kicked at my attacker before realising there were tingles spreading through my veins.

Jason.

He pulled me to the surface, a cheeky grin on his face. I scowled at him, splashing him in the face. He retaliated with a splash of his own, and soon, we were in a full force water fight.

I dove underwater and swam up close, hoping to catch him by surprise as I leapt out, using my elemental control to blow a large arc of water toward him. He was prepared, attempting to block it with his own miniature splash. Compared to mine, it was tiny.

The water arched toward me, almost hitting me in the eyes. I quickly flicked it out of the way, sharing a disapproving frown with Jason.

“Sorry!” He yelped, ducking to avoid a splash of my own.

When we halted the fight, he grabbed me and lifted me into the air, spinning me around as I laughed. He lowered me back into the water and wrapped me up in a hug, before whispering in my ear, "You're pretty cool, Ben."

I grinned, "Is that the best you can do?" I taunted.

"How about, 'You're the most beautiful girl in the world and I really like you' instead?" He suggested.

I chuckled, "Too cliché." I told him.

He released me from his grasp, a contemplating expression on his face. "Something creative then? What about, 'I really like the way you cook pancakes and I hope I can watch more Doctor Who with you?' is that what you're looking for?" He asked.

I grinned, pecking him on the lips, "Why thank you, and yes, you can watch more Doctor Who with me."

We spent the rest of the day relaxing by the lake, chatting about random stuff, flirting and swimming.

When we headed to the pack house, I took him up on the offer. "You wanna go watch some Doctor Who?" I asked.

"Sure!" He replied.

We headed inside and up to his room, before searching through his cabinets for a DVD with Doctor Who on it.

I found a whole cabinet with every season from Christopher Eccleson to Matt Smith in it.

I slowly turned to see him facing me with a sheepish grin. I slowly walked towards him, before wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him down for a kiss.

When we pulled away, I whispered, "You are the most remarkable man I have ever met." before screaming, "Because you have every season of Doctor Who!"

He jumped away, shocked by my outburst. I chuckled, sweeping the shelf clear and pulling all of the DVD cases into my arms. I carried them over to his DVD player and declared, "Doctor Who marathon, starting at Season 1!"

I popped the DVD in and pushed Jason onto the bed, fluffing the pillows so that they made a comfortable seat.

My grin was so wide I thought my face would split in two.

He seemed confused, but sat down next to me anyway, settling in to prepare himself for a Doctor Who marathon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys!

How many of you have lost your 'Man points'?

Heehee Doctor Who marathon.

Have you guys checked out my friends' books?

Ava_Skaines wrote 'The Secret Tribes' and 'Moon', and Taylah_Brie_Potato wrote 'Girl of The Forest'!

Check them out!

I Love You All!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

StryderSweetman.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 271 12
"Phone her!" I said after reading the letter. "Hello?" Came her sweet voice, calming me in seconds. "Raven please come back I-I-I love y-you so much...
65.4K 2.9K 25
---WARNING! EXTREMELY CRINGY!--- Horse shifters and Werewolves When Alisa Adams (horse shifter) turns sixteen she wishes for a beautiful stallion tha...
2K 143 23
[completed!] Under editing! Man kind, invincible and scared of nothing. We were the superior race, and we revelled in it. We all thought we were the...
1K 12 30
Special animals. What is that? No one knows and they are eager to know. Power hungry alpha mistreats kne of his pack members. She always wondered wh...