Super Spark of Duper Pride [O...

بواسطة Cryo1284

Just Another 'So I'm a Spider, So What?' Fanfic, What Of It? [Open Beta] Act II: Deconstruction - Long Overdu... المزيد

Recap: Act I
Chapter 4: Grudge - War in the Spider Family
4-1: Touching Grass (Spider 69)
4-A: Spreading the Glory (Apex 4)
4-2: Tree Camping (Spider 70)
4-B: Mother will Do It Herself (Magic 2)
4-3: Spider Escape (Wyrm 12 & Spider 71)
4-C: Career Planning (Oni 5)
4-4: It's a Trap! (Spider 72)
4-D: Across the Sea (Wyrm 13)
4-5: The Reason (Spider 73)
4-E: Landfall (Wyrm 14)
4-6: Surprise Visit (Spider 74 & Taratect 4)
4-F: Catching a Star (Apex 5)
4-7: Helplessness (Spider 75)
4-G: Inner Demon? How about Inner Protag? (Magic 3 & Taratect 5)
4-8: Exposure Therapy (Spider 76 & Apex 6)
4-H: Understanding (Apex 7)
4-9: Allergic Reaction (Spider 77)
4-I: Complaint (Taratect 6)
4-10: Listening (Spider 78)
4-J: Flaws (Apex 8)
4-11: Fine Tuning (Spider 79)
4-K: Casualty (Puppet 1)
4-L: Trial (Apex 9)
4-13: Hiiro vs Mother (Spider 81)
4-M: Differences (Taratect 7)
4-14: Going Forward (Spider 82 & Apex 10)
4-N: Trade Deal with Ohts (Vampire 5)
Chapter 5: Cause - Keren County's Angel or Devil?
5-1: Bloody Interference (Butler 3 & Spider 83 / Magic 3)
5-A: 1* out of 25, Found (Wyrm 15)
5-2: Moving In (Vampire 6 & Spider 84 / Magic 4)
5-B: Who else knows? (Elf 3)
5-3: Pest Control (Spider 85 / Magic 5)
5-C: Unexpected Curveball (Pope 3)
5-4: Back to School (Spider 86 / Magic 6)
5-D: Vampire (Vampire 7)
5-5: You Guys Again? (Adventurer 3 & Spider 87 / Magic 7)
5-E: Mixed Signals (Master)
5-6: My Worst Nightmare (Spider 88 / Magic 8)
5-F: [I have no idea what to title this with] (Apex 11)
5-7: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back (Spider 89 / Magic 9)
5-G: 'Friendly' Visit (Vampire 8)
5-8: Spider Slugger
5-H: Weapon Creation
5-9: Here Comes Trouble
5-I: Unwelcomed 'Guest'
5-10: Caution Advised
5-11: Beginning of Snowfall and Downfall
5-12: War Prep
5-13: The Big Day
5-M: Paradigm Shift
5-14: Interu vs Ariel
5-N: The Talk
5-15: Arachne
5-O: Shattered

4-12: Preparation (Spider 80)

44 4 4
بواسطة Cryo1284

Spider 80:

Taboo: [Atone]

Seven out of the eleven Puppets down for the count, and no resorting to overpowering my opponents like in most uncreative power fantasies.

Woohoo! Go me!

Since then, the Demon Lord has been keeping the remaining four close to her side, likely to prevent any more losses.

Unfortunately for her, she has to slow down to match their pace, giving us a lot more wiggle room to work with now.

We returned to the mainland, with that in mind, since under the sea isn't the best place to train for non-aquatic creatures such as us.

We soon realised that they have placed small fries all over the place to act as eyes for, but that just made it a perfect opportunity to train our Stealth Skills.

By the time we finally found a place they don't have eyes on, my [Odourless] maxed out and derived [Heatless], which also maxed out and finally gave me [Concealment].

Y'know, the Skill I need to finally start suppressing my aura of Fear from [Fearbringer]?

It was a huge pain in the ass I tell you, since the small fries can feel it and tell I was nearby even if they struggled to pinpoint my exact location.

But the days of being unable to be stealthy are finally behind me now.

Still, I have been ignoring the Earth Dragon in the room.

I am still surprised Araba was able to be stealthy at all considering his size.

But he doesn't have an aura of Fear like me, and the small fries don't have [Danger Perception] to pick up on our Danger.

In fact, the small fries just don't have any [Perception] Skills at all, so all Araba had to do was use [Earth Magic] to move underground to avoid them, while I darted from tree to tree to stay out of sight.

What are you, a landshark? That's terrifying actually.

Seriously though, [Earth Magic] in general seems pretty overpowered with all the things you can do with it.

I mean, you can easily manipulate the terrain with it, in whatever way you see fit, even becoming one with it.

The only problem I see is how limited it is in an aerial battle, something I myself exploited in my fight with Araba.

And it is something I am continuing to exploit in our sparring matches now.

Yeah, we can afford to spar now we are currently out of the enemies search area for the time being, and it doesn't like the Demon Lord knows where we are at the moment.

Taboo: [Atone]

Anyway, the main goal here is for me to learn how to flash activate my Dragon Install to better conserve my Resource Stats while Araba learns to use multiple smaller [Dimensional Manoeuvring] platforms in our air to air duel.

I am also trying to practise relaxing my mind in combat, with constant reminders from Araba to help with that whenever I start to lose my nerves.

Of course, being simply sparring matches, my life isn't really on the line, so the calmness comes easily.

Still, it doesn't change the fact I should get used to trying to be more laid-back in mock battle, to prepare for the real deal.

I am basically trying to develop a 'I don't care if I die, I am just here to have fun' attitude.

To pretend I am just playing a video game.

Seems pretty messed up if you think about it, but I am not dumb enough to fail at separating reality from fiction. Nai wa.

But that kind of hinders my progress too, which is a pain.

Still, I am not about to lose sight of myself again, just becoming more flexible in my perspective, I hope.

Onto other news, Fei has more or less settled down at the Blue Coast she made landfall at, on the continent of Daztrudia.

The other one that the Great Elroe Labyrinth connects to, and since the Demon Lord is hunting me on Kasanagara instead, Fei should be safe for the time being.

Anyway, that Blue Coast is surprisingly peaceful, with the only real threats being in the water and the passive coconut crabs there.

They do get mad if you try to pick the coconuts from the trees, but giving it back is enough to calm them down.

And yeah, you can imagine how Fei learnt that tidbit of information.

Her Stat Boosting Skills are coming along nicely, still far off forming maxing out though.

Especially since diminishing returns are a thing, requiring ever greater input for the same output in Proficiency.

I am a bit iffy about what comes after though.

I am not comfortable pushing her into battle, especially since I can't be there to be her safety net.

And eventually removing myself from the equation to push her to be more independent, letting her be exposed to real danger.

...Yeah, no.

I rather not think about it, not that it would help right now anyway.

Taboo: [Atone]

Back to the present, we have been chilling in a swamp called Toxic Willow.

As the name suggests, pretty much everything is Poison here.

We chose this place mainly due to the lack of Human activities, being far too hostile of an environment for them and all.

Araba is currently sitting in the toxic mud to build his [Poison Resistance] and healing himself to build [Healing Magic].

But seeing as he just doesn't have the talent for it, I am on standby to pitch in if needed.

I am also sitting in the mud, but my Poison Resistance Substat is so high now I am barely getting any Proficiency for the Skill.

Even the Internal Poison damage is outpaced by my [HP Rapid-Recovery].

Nai wa, this is getting boring...

<Hey Araba?>

Araba: <Yes Hiiro?>

<You Earth Dragons live in the labyrinth right?

There is hardly anything interesting there, so what do you guys do when you are bored?>

Araba: <We train and fight each other, same for the Fire Dragons of the Middle Stratum.>

<...That's it?>

Araba: <Well, we receive news about the rest of the world from our Elder, and many of us do enjoy gossiping about the information.

But overall, we all enjoy testing our might against each other.>

<So your entire culture is just battle?>

Araba: <More or less, we are tasked with protecting something important there, so we train to prepare to defend it.

Not that the need has ever once arisen in all the time the System has been in place however.

Honestly, when my life started to feel stale, I seriously considered leaving the labyrinth in search of new experience to keep myself sharp for the unpredictability of battle.>

Taboo: [Atone]

Araba: <And that was right about the time I met you.>

<...I don't suppose you can tell me what that important something is, right?>

Araba: <Like I said, you should not trust so easily.

It is usually more advantageous to withhold information.

And besides, I have a responsibility to keep to even if I have left the labyrinth to accompany you.>

<Fair enough, I doubt I would really care about whatever it is beyond simple curiosity anyway.>

That explained a lot.

Like how Valhalla-like culture there shaped Araba to be who he is and what Dragons are doing there considering they are apparently tasked with maintaining this world.

<So, what do you guys do with the Wyrms?>

Araba: <Earth Wyrms are expected to survive the Upper Stratum until they become Dragons.

And the same is true for the Fire Wyrms of the Middle Stratum.>

<So you guys really just toss your young into the wild and expect them to survive?>

Araba: <Yes, there are many Wyrms, and only the best are worthy to evolve into Dragons.>

<That sounds pretty harsh.>

Araba: <Most don't survive into Dragonhood, yes.>

...That's just messed up.

From a Human perspective at least, I don't suppose they really mind, being born Wyrms and all.

I am just glad I got Fei out of that non-Human environment.

Actually...

<I have been wondering, humanity is trapped within the System as a punishment, but what about the other lifeforms?>

Taboo: [Atone]

<Like the plants and animals.

And are you Dragons potentially reincarnated Humans?>

Araba: <No, the Souls of other lifeforms, Monsters and us Replica Dragons are not bound to the System, we are part of the normal Cycle of Reincarnation.

As for whether we are reincarnated Humans or something similar from other planets, I don't know.

But I certainly don't wish to be anything else but a Dragon.>

<Heh, fair.>

Yeah, guess they really don't care about how cruel their passage to adulthood is.

And I say that like Humans are known for doing a good job at raising their young.

At least Dragons know what they are supposed to be from the get go, nothing more, nothing less.

We Humans on the other hand are an absolute mess from start to finish, I am honestly jealous of how much simpler the lives of Dragons must be.

Araba: <You know?

You might be allowed to join our ranks.

You have more than proven your worth as a warrior, you just need to swear loyalty to our Maker.>

<And be stuck with a security job waiting for a threat that never comes in a dull ass labyrinth?

Yeah, no thanks.

I am gonna live free instead.>

Araba: <Fair enough.

I myself only care for the responsibility I have out of gratitude for the Maker for granting me the chance to experience this life, otherwise I would be the same as you.>

<Gratitude?>

Araba: <Yes, I was able to live day to day improving myself, and take part in battles to test my might.

Taboo: [Atone]

Araba: <And once I had that duel with you, my life felt completed.>

<...I see.>

Good for you buddy, marching to your own beat with or without your purpose in life.

My life wasn't all bad, but I can't say it was worth it.

I still wish I wasn't born at all, but I suppose I have no choice but to make the most of a bad situation.

Nai wa, such is life I guess.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

A Spikey New life بواسطة X!Fatal

الخيال (فانتازيا)

1.5K 58 7
a man gets reincarnated after a crazy party will he survive the horrid winters, deadly hunters, and terrifying dragons? We shall see.... (this is the...
167K 6.8K 69
A fanboy gets noticed by his idol (completed) Disclaimer: Cringey Wo*jin is in this au This is my first ff and it's very cringey
308K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
The Diapered Trip (P2) بواسطة

قصص المراهقين

49.6K 58 9
Ashley is a 14-year-old girl who's just started her sophomore year and is going on a weekend trip to the beach with her family. Just one thing: she's...