Mortem

By mfcbaldwin

[[My old description has been removed because it makes my story seem like crap. I'm having someone else write... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen; before - Breezewood, North Carolina
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One // Before
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Mortem - Deleted Scenes Part One

Chapter Fifteen

16 3 0
By mfcbaldwin

My phone buzzes on the edge of the tub and I pick it up, trying to be careful enough not to drop it in the water. Across the Caller ID says Unknown Caller. Out of curiosity I answer it, "Hello?"

A chuckle echoes on the other end, "You can't hide for long, Ms. Halewood. I will always be watching you and I will always be pulling down the walls in your head. Only one left before I can take over you. I have to admit, this last one is putting up quite a fight, must be because your humanity is resting on the shoulders of Levi, but I could get him out of the picture very quickly."

"Stop!" I scream into the phone, "I will not let you in! Never!" That's when I jerk away at the sound of knocking on the bathroom door.

"Levi?" I ask, my voice hoarse.

"Yeah, it's me, princess, you okay?" he ask gently.

"How'd you know?" I sigh giving in that I'm not okay.

"Heard you screaming," I can sense the tension in the voice.

"That's not true. You know every time when I have a nightmare and I'd like to know how."

"Fine, it's apart of what I can do. I don't just take souls away to death, but I can sense people's emotions. And I try to focus on yours more than ever," he sighs behind the door.

"I'll be right out," I say as I start draining the water in the tub and wrap myself in a towel, "by the way, do you have any clean clothes I can wear?"

"Of course." he says before returning to the door with a knock. I open to find him holding a pair of skinny jeans, black cami, socks, underwear, bra, and a pair of converse, "These were my sister's. You guys are about the same height and weight, so I'm sure these'll fit."

I take the clothes, giving him a thankful smile, and close the door. My hands shake as I hold the clothes. These were his sister's. His dead sister used to wear these clothes, and now he's letting me wear them. I try not to dwell on the idea, so I just decide to change into them. The bra is a little bigger than what I'm used to, but honestly it's better than my half burnt one sitting with the rest of my clothes. The jeans and cami fit perfectly. I look in the mirror admiring my dark brown wet, wavy, long hair. I used to think I was cursed for my wavy hair, but now I think of it as beautiful. I comb it out, but it springs back to its waviness. I heave a sigh before stepping out of the bathroom to find Levi waiting for me with a desperate look.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 141 25
This is the first book in the Fallen series. This is a short fantasy novel, and I hope you like it! 17 year old Hana Rayes is adopted and doesn't kn...
13K 673 32
Since Analiese's mother died she's been tossed around like baggage, wondering why her life has to be this way. The day she was pulled away from her m...
275K 6.8K 23
"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move. Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling...