real people - j.k.

由 pettigrews_puthay

Lynna is comfortable with her simple life, floating by with her bestfriend. Josh is occupied by his up and co... 更多

notice
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two

thirteen

114 7 12
由 pettigrews_puthay

Lynna's POV

I was driving to Frankie's job, having to pick her up. Her car was in the garage, she screwed something inside it up. I was finally done with parents, they left the day before yesterday. I hadn't saw Josh since that eventful morning, which was rather sad. I needed to see him soon.

Frankie's job was a ridiculous ways away from my job, just about a 30 minute drive. I hated having to pick her up from work.

"Hey, girl." She greeted basically falling into my car.

"Hey." I smiled. "How was your day?"

"Eh." She shrugged. "Ou, can I get the aux?"

"Sure." I laughed at her excitement.

"I am in dire need of food." She said as she fought with the cord.

"Wanna stop somewhere?" I asked, pulling out of the parking lot.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "I'll think of it, it's my turn to pick."

We talked a bit as her music played, talking about our day. Once we quieted down, I listened to this particular song. I wasn't sure what it was, but I had a feeling I needed to know it. I paid attention to the lyrics.

'...I will not ask you where you came from, I will not ask you, neither should you...

...honey just put your sweet lips on my lips, we should just kiss like real people do...'

I felt a wave go through me when I realized I was thinking of Josh. I didn't even mean to, he just came to my mind when I heard the lyrics. I had an odd rushing feeling, almost like I wanted to cry, but not exactly.

"Lynn, are you okay?" Frankie asked, scaring me to death.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." I stuttered, trying to play it off. "Hey, what's the name of this song?"

"Like Real People Do, by Hozier." She answered, still eyeing me suspiciously.

"Okay." I nodded. "I like this song, a lot."

"Hozier is amazing." She shrugged. "Why do you like this one so much?"

"No reason in particular." I said, trying my best to be casual. She looked at me for a moment before looking back to her phone.

"Oh my god!" She shouted, once again scaring me. "You're thinking about Josh, that's why you like this song!"

"How do you know that?" I asked, amazed.

"Because I looked at the lyrics! God, you want to make out with him so bad!" She laughed, making me feel embarrassed.

"Shutup, please." I groaned, failing to hide my stupid smile.

"I know what I want now." She said, grabbing my phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked alarmed.

"Calling Josh." She said, already hitting call.

"No, no! What are you gonna do?" I said, trying to grab the phone.

"Relax, I'm just going to see if he wants pizza or something." She said, fighting off my hand. "I'm getting you an opportunity to hang out with your boyfriend, I'll even put it on speaker."

"Hey, Lynna." Josh answered, making me smile.

"Hey, Josh, it's Frankie."

"What's wrong with Lynna?" Josh asked, sounding slightly worried.

"Your girl is fine, I promise." Frankie said, making me want to slap her, but I was interested to hear his reaction.

"Oh." He breathed, sounding embarrassed. "Uh, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you guys wanted pizza? Me and Lynna have nothing else to do, figured we could have dinner with you guys."

"Uh, sure. Everyone's here actually, Sammy, Danny. I'm sure they wouldn't object."

"Jeez, how much do you think we need to feed you all?" Frankie asked, making me giggle a bit. She sounded worried.

"I don't know, like 4?" He said, guessing. "Sammy could eat a whole pizza."

"I don't care about his fatass." Frankie remarked, I couldn't help but laugh at that.

"Is that Lynna?" Josh asked, surprised. I waved 'no' to Frankie, not wanting him to know I was listening.

"Yeah, I have you on speaker." Frankie smiled.

"Hi, Josh." I smiled, forgetting he couldn't see it.

"Hey, Lynna." Josh said.

"Anyways." Frankie said, not allowing anymore conversation. "Pizza is good then?"

"Yeah, sounds good." Josh said. "See you guys in a little bit."

Frankie ended the call before I got out my 'bye,' making me look to her bitterly.

"God, he's so in love with you." She laughed. "What's wrong with Lynna?"

"Don't make fun of him." I said. "He was a concerned friend."

"Concerned lover." She corrected. I rolled my eyes at her, wishing she wouldn't encourage it so much.

"Shutup and order the pizza."

"How are we supposed to knock?" Frankie asked as we stood in front of their door, arms full of boxes.

"Uh..." I trailed, looking at the door. I improvised, slowly banging my forehead against the door, making Frankie laugh at me.

"Come in!" Jake called.

"We can't!" Frankie called back. We waited for a moment, finally the door opened with Danny standing there. We hurried to set down the pizzas, our arms more tired than ever.

"So, what is this about you calling me a 'fatass?'" Sam asked, going to Frankie.

"I called you a fatass because you are." Frankie shrugged, loving every part of this.

"I am literal skin and fucking bones." Sammy cried.

"Fatass." Frankie smirked, causing Sam to dramatically roll his eyes at her. We all loved to watch them bicker. The tension between them was strong.

The boys were quick to dig into the food, us glad we got multiple pizzas.

"Hey." Josh smiled, bumping into me.

"Hi." I said, returning the smile.

"So, how'd it go after I left the other day?" He asked. "I've been dying to know."

"It wasn't very bad, my dad was abrasive, but I have some good news." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"My parents are getting divorced." I said, his smile disappearing for a moment.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, concerned.

"I figured it would be better to tell you in person." I shrugged. "It's actually good news, whether you believe it or not."

"I mean...good for them, I guess." He said. "Do you know if they hate me?"

"What?" I laughed at how quick he skipped to that.

"Well, you know, me answering the door and all." Josh said.

"Oh, yeah. Uh, mom knows we didn't do anything, she's cool. She actually said she wished my dad didn't chase you off. And, for my dad, don't worry about him." I said. "But, hey, you got your wish, you got to meet my parents.

"I would've rather not done it like that." He said, still being embarrassed about it.

"It's fine, Josh. It's pretty funny now that it's over." I said.

"Maybe for you." He laughed. "I'm just worried your parents are going to always think of me like that."

"What, shirtless you?" I asked. "Maybe they thinks it's hot."

"You think I'm hot?" He asked, the cockiness in his voice made me realize my mistake.

"Never said that." I said, feeling my cheeks flush.

"You just said it. You said shirtless me was hot." He said, the stupidest smile on his face.

"I said my parents might think that." I corrected. Honestly, yes, shirtless Josh was hot.

"But, that means you subconsciously thought that as well." He said.

"I did not." I defended myself.

"C'mon Lynna." He smiled, wanting me to admit it so badly.

"No." I said, wanting to push his face away.

"Lynnaaa." He said, drawing out my name.

"Alright, fine." I said, preparing myself. "Shirtless you is arguably hot."

"Really?" He asked, surprised I actually said it. "You think I'm hot when I'm shirtless?"

"Josh." I groaned, knowing he'd make a big deal out of it.

"Hold on." He smiled, reaching for the bottom of his shirt, beginning to pull it up.

"Stop it, stop it!" I whisper shouted, pushing his arms down. I left him where he was standing, going to Frankie. I knew he probably had a smug look on his face. I wish I knew exactly what he was thinking. Like if he thought I meant 'hot' in a 'rail me,' way or 'you're just attractive' way.

It turned out all the boys were here as a little band meeting. They were mostly working on lyrics, but Jake had a guitar to aid.

It was interesting watching them work. Josh was snippy, yet he was funny and genius at the same time. I had to force myself to stop looking at him, not wanting Jake to catch it. Frankie liked to put in her intel, and bag on them when she could. She loved to make fun of people, it was like her love language.

Jake went to retrieve some things, including more weed. Josh used his finger to wave me over, I obeyed and found the spot beside him.

"What do you think sounds better?" He asked, pointing to a paper. It was lyrics to a song labeled 'Mountain of the sun.' I listened to him hum both of them, trying to decide which way sounded best.

"I think the first one." I said. "It sounds more personal, you know?"

"I was thinking the same thing." He smiled.

"Have you guys played this one live yet?" I asked, looking over the lyrics.

"We've only played it once, we still don't know exactly where some things go." He said. "I don't think you've heard it before."

"That sucks." I said. "The lyrics are really sweet."

"Thank you." He smiled. "I like this one too."

"I have a question." I said, him raising his eyebrows as an answer. "Do you like write these about certain people? You always have like a main character, are you ever thinking of someone in particular?"

"Uh...there's never a song dedicated to one person specifically." He said, "When I write about the 'women,' it's more about the idea. Like, the idea of a woman being love, like in nature, the symbolicalness."

I loved the way he described the idea of a woman. I had never heard him put a woman down, and it was refreshing. None of the boys seemed the type. I think that's why I liked them so much.

"That's really cool." I smiled. "I love how poetic you can be."

"It's easier to be honest when you sound poetic." He smiled. "It's much more beautiful anyways."

I was going to say something when Jake showed back up. It wasn't that bad though, I mean, it was time to get high.

Jake played the guitar a bit, the acoustics making the night so much better. I always felt more touchy when I was under any influence, it took everything to not fall into Josh.

Everyone was sitting around, talking about everything. It was nice hanging out with all the boys in relaxed setting. I knew what we found was special.

Sammy and Frankie grew antsy sitting around, and insisted on playing something. Somehow, charades got brought up. I had actually never played it before, it was like a thing in the movies.

We played it a bit differently, we were doing less popular things. It was funny to see Sammy and Frankie getting along for once. Jake and Danny did one next, Jake was rather funny when he acted.

Josh and I got to do it together, I was excited because I got the theatre kid to act with. He picked out the paper, opening it up.

'Romeo and Juliet,' I looked at him, deciding how to do this, also wondering who put it in there. He looked at me, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Let's act like we don't know each other, you know, and then we'll just roll with it, okay?" He whispered as we planned. I nodded, seeing nothing wrong with it.

Josh and I wandered around, looking lost. When all of this sudden, we locked eyes. We did this wispy-like thing where I kept moving out of his reach, trying to catch me.

Then, he pulled me into him. I wasn't expecting him to do anything even remotely like it. He started to dramatically 'make-out' with me, over exaggerating his movements. I nearly fell over when he started doing it, just out of shock. But I played along, making them all laugh.

"Are they actually acting?" Sammy asked aloud as we broke apart. Josh threw the bottle that was lying on the coffee table, hitting Sammy in the head.

We started to act like we were 'running away' to get married. They were all shouting out guesses, none of them correct. We reenacted the duel, I was the one that died.

We quickly moved to the death scene, I was lying on the ground 'dead.' I soon felt Josh arms wrap around me, I could feel his movements. He flopped down on me, his head laying against my chest. I was surprised how close he got, but I tried not to think about it.

I raised up from my coma, dramatically reacting. I didn't take long to kill myself, letting my body fall onto Josh's.

"Oh my god, it's Romeo and Juliet!" Frankie finally called out.

"Yes!" I laughed, rising off of Josh. "It took you guys long enough."

"It didn't hit me til you killed yourself." Frankie said.

"I never read that book." Sammy said, I was shocked, I thought everyone was forced to read it.

"I find it hard to believe you've ever fucking read a book." Frankie said, not missing an opportunity.

"You are such an ass." Sammy laughed, not even fighting her comment. We laughed at them, finding our spot back on the couch.

"You should've gave me some warning before you attacked me." I whispered to Josh.

"It was a spree of the moment thing." He shrugged.

"It was startling." I smiled.

"Okay, c'mon, you know you loved it. As you said, I'm a very hot guy." He smirked, loving the fact that he had that against me.

"I only said you were hot shirtless." I shrugged, trying to be quick. He gave me an evil smile, reaching for the bottom of his shirt again. I was quick to shut it down like last time.

"Would you stop it?" I laughed. He continued to look at me, saying nothing. I lightly pushed his cheek, turning his face from me. He turned his look right back to me.

I looked in his eyes, soon finding myself lost. His eyes said so much words, yet nothing at all. I always thought eyes could say more than words, and I felt like Josh proved that. His soft eyes never struggled to keep mine, I could look at him forever.

If it hadn't been for the dramatic scream Frankie did, I wouldn't have looked away from Josh. I felt overwhelmed for a moment, knowing that moment was all too intimate. Not that I didn't like it, I just knew it made it so obvious when I did that. I never knew what to do with myself after moments like that.

The night calmed down, we spent the last hour or so relaxing with a show on the tv. I stayed beside Josh, not wanting to leave. I could of stayed beside him all night.

"Lynna, I've got work in the morning." Frankie whined, leaning over the couch. "And, you do too, and you've got to drive us."

"I know." I groaned. "I can't get up, my legs are numb."

Josh raised off the couch, standing in front of me as he grabbed my hands. He pulled me off the couch, proving my legs weren't numb.

"Thank you, Josh." Frankie said. I laughed at how dramatic she was. I followed her to the door, Josh behind us.

"Thanks for the food, guys." Josh said as we stood by the door.

"No problem, thanks for the weed." Frankie smiled.

"You're welcome." Josh laughed. "I'll text you or something, we have to hangout so you can cook me breakfast again."

"Of course." I smiled. I reached over, pulling Josh in for a quick hug. I liked to hug him, they were always warm.

"C'mon." Frankie complained.

"Alright, bye guys!" I called out.

"Til next time, Samuel." Frankie said, blowing him a kiss, which he did anything but catch. I pushed her out before she did anything dumb.

"Goodnight, Josh." I smiled.

"Goodnight, Lynna." He said, retuning the smile. I was sad to leave, wishing I could've just stayed the night.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

47.7K 805 26
She's a struggling musician. He's a beautiful stranger with a secret. Do they have what it takes to last, or are they just a summer fling? best ranki...
1K 29 20
When Layla Jones is invited to tour with up and coming rock band, Greta Van Fleet, she is ecstatic for the opportunity, especially since the band mem...
14.4K 408 69
Ophelia, or Opie as her friends call her, meets the band after a show in Nashville. The twins are smitten immediately, and drama ensues. After a deci...
99 3 11
This is a story loosely based around the band Greta Van Fleet. Jade has been friends with Danny from a young age, she meets the Kiska's and they all...