do i wanna know? [ERENxF.READ...

By ianhecoxluvsu

You're a comfortable girl. You like your solitude and enjoy your own company very much. You became close over... More

Character Descriptions/Visuals
one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
epilogue

two

1.2K 39 98
By ianhecoxluvsu

I woke up with a slight headache. Not too bad since I didn't drink that much. But my entire body felt like it was ten tons. My feet were aching from standing too long in those heels even though they didn't hurt much when I had them on last night. Maybe the alcohol made me ignore my body.

I sit up on my bed and look around at the mess we left last night before leaving for the party. Did I enjoy the party? Maybe. It was alright. I couldn't say I had the most fun. It wasn't boring. Meeting Mikasa's friends was definitely a highlight and I enjoyed speaking to them a lot. They were funny and welcoming.

Eren was the only one that didn't get off on the right foot with me. And that's okay. People don't have to like each other. But I think I will be more open to accepting Mikasa's invitations if she were to ask me about something again since I've started to grow comfortable with at least a couple of them since last night.

I turn to look at Mikasa as I groaned and sighed. She was still dead asleep. I turn to my left and grab my phone from my bedside table before checking the time. My eyes widened at the sight of the time.

It was two in the afternoon.

"What the fuck?" I whisper to myself, confused about how I could sleep for that long. I get up from bed and trip on one of Mikasa's dresses. I kick it off of my foot before going into the bathroom and peeing.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I go back to my room and watch Mikasa as she calmly sleeps. Her chest rose up and down slowly as her hair violated her face. I could see her sleepy eyes through the thin strands of her hair. She laid flat on her back, her head tilted to the right and one arm lifted on the pillow. Her leg was lifted slightly as she breathed rhythmically.

I shook her slightly so that I didn't shake her head too much. I knew she was gonna wake up and her head will send a shock through her body with a hangover. Her eyes tightened as she came back to consciousness. She groaned in her groggy deep voice.

"Mika, it's two in the fucking afternoon," I tell her for the shock factor of her waking up. She groans, stiffening her body and stretching before letting out a big sigh. She opens her eyes slowly before looking at me. I move the hair out of her face before looking at her.

"You okay? Does your head hurt?" I ask her quietly, mindful of how the volume of my voice could set off a pulse in her head. She rubs her eyes gently.

"What time is it?" She asks, disoriented. I laugh at her for not listening to me the first time before repeating myself.

"It's two in the afternoon," I lightheartedly tell her. She held her breath before chuckling.

"You're fucking lying..." She brushes me off as making a joke. I laugh while grabbing her phone and showing her the time. She looks at her phone with one eye open.

"Jesus...What happened?" She asks. I sit by her as she remained laying in my bed.

"You blacked out around... Three AM? Armin had to lift you over his shoulder and carry you to the car. And then I had to wake my dad up to get you up here," I explain. She laughs.

"That's so embarrassing..." She lightheartedly admits. I chuckle as I rubbed her stomach.

"Are you feeling okay? You want me to get you some aspirin?" I ask her. She slowly sits up and groans.

"Yes...Please...Now," She begs. I laugh at her before retrieving the medicine.

Once I gave her the medicine and water, she checked her phone and laughed while showing me photos. I laughed at her drunk photos with Armin and Jean.

"I don't even remember these, I swear," She says as she laughs. I laugh at her as we looked at a photo where she looked stupid. We laughed until we cried. We couldn't breathe. Those kinds of laughs are the best.

I checked my phone to see if there was anything new. My eyebrows creased at last night's discovery. That's right, Eren followed me. I contemplated showing Mikasa for a moment but decided to ask.

"Hey, does Eren just follow anyone?" I ask her, seemingly out of the blue. Her eyebrows creased before answering.

"Hm...I think just friends. Why? You want me to put in a word?" She asks. I scoff.

"No. He's mean. But he followed me," I tell her before showing her my phone. She focuses on the screen as she chuckled.

"Maybe he likes you," She jokes. I nudge her.

"I doubt. I think it might've been an accident. He was probably drunk like the rest of us," I brush it off.

"Eren rarely gets sloppy drunk though. But the last time he was, he streaked and ran into the river. It was hilarious," Mikasa recalls with a laugh. I laugh with a huff through my nose.

"People don't have to get sloppy drunk to accidentally follow people. All your friends followed me but if Eren doesn't think I'm a friend then I doubt it was on purpose. He probably just clicked on the tag accidentally," I explain. Mikasa shrugs, agreeing nonchalantly.

"That's true. If we're referring back to last night's meeting, he definitely was on his period or something," Mikasa mocks his attitude. I snicker at her joke.

"But Armin is sexy. I'll admit," I confess to Mikasa. She chuckles.

"He's cute, sure. Not my type but I could see the appeal," Mikasa replies. My eyebrows creased before playfully nudging her.

"What's your type?" I ask her. She looks at me shyly before chuckling.

"You!" She quickly hugs me and we throw ourselves on the bed. I laughed as she tickled me. We sat up and chuckled as our laughs died down. She hummed.

"No, but...Don't kill me for this," She forwarns me. I look at her, ready to laugh.

"Is it Jean?" I ask her, guessing. She snickers before hiding in my pillow. I smack her butt lightly.

"No way! He's a total playboy," I assume. She gets back up and looks at me.

"He is. I know. But it's just so...Attractive. I dunno. I'm crazy," Mikasa finally admits. I chuckle watching her gush.

"You're so cute. But don't get all tangled up in that mess," I tell her calmly. She moves her hair out of her face, nodding.

"Yeah. I've known Jean forever now. I've seen how he plays the game. It isn't realistic. But if he ever approached me for a good couple of rounds...I'd say fuck it," She vulgarly admits. I lightly punch her arm.

"Don't be dirty!" I jokingly exclaim. She chuckles.

"What about you? I know you said Armin was sexy but is there anyone else?" She asks. I sigh, thinking.

"All of your friends are sexy, Mika. Like...All of them. Do you know how scared shitless I was when you introduced me to them? Shitting my pants. Actually," I tell her. She laughs.

"So Armin is your top pick? Top three, go," She curiously tells me. I chuckle at her stupid request. I hummed, pondering.

"...Armin, Connie, Eren," I tell her. Mikasa laughs.

"I see. So you like the guys who want nothing to do with you? What the fuck is Eren doing in that list? He doesn't deserve that pussy," She tells me. I laugh.

"Just based on looks! Nothing more or less," I clarify. Her laugh dies down before nodding.

"You know, Jean, Sasha, And Armin wanna go out for lunch and a smoke sesh at Connie's house. Are you down?" She asks. I don't really smoke. I'm not above it but it's not accessible enough for me to enjoy. I shrug my shoulders.

"Sure, if they want me there," I reply.

"You're a friend now. They don't care," She casually tells me. I look at her with assertion. I told her that I wanted them to know that I was going and that was the only way I'd tag along. I said that with my eyes. She groans.

"Okay, fine. I'll tell them. But they're gonna say yes. I don't see why not," She assures me.

"It's the principal of it Mika," I worriedly tell her. She scoffs.

"You're so paranoid," She teases me. After a few moments of being on her phone, she punches my leg. I hiss.

"They said they didn't care. Told you," She rubs it in my face. I scoff before shaking my head.

"Alright. I'm going casual and I don't care," I tell her. She scoffs.

"I hope so. What, are you gonna show up to a smoke circle in jeans? That's like a chastity belt," She jokes. I laugh aloud.

"You're stupid. I'm wearing sweats and a T-shirt," I tell her. She chuckles.

"'Kay," She replies.

✩✩✩✩✩

We pulled into a casual restaurant and parked. Mikasa's hangover was getting better and going away with the use of sunglasses. I looked around at the unfamiliar small part of town that I haven't given enough attention to. Mikasa sighs.

"Alright, let's go," She comically prepares herself for the big personalities she's meeting with. I chuckle as we interlocked arms, entering the restaurant. Mikasa looks around before spotting Jean and Sasha. We approach the table and Sasha stands up to hug Mikasa. She looks at me before pulling me into a hug. I hesitatingly accept. We sat down.

"Oh, you're alive. I'm surprised," Jean teases Mikasa. She chuckles.

"It took a village," I joke. Sasha chuckles.

"I bet. Armin was carrying your ass out of the house," Jean tells her. Mikasa rubs her eyes before adjusting her sunglasses.

"Stop, I know. Y/n told me. I'm embarrassed. Never touching alcohol again," Mikasa lies. I nudge her.

"Liar~," I tell her in a sing-song tune. She scoffs.

"Where's Armin?" Mikasa asks curiously.

"We're here. Sorry. Are we too late?" He quickly adds as he was approaching the table. We? I see Eren follow behind Armin as Armin messed up Mikasa's hair to tease. They sat down. Eren sat beside me and Armin at the other end of the table. Naturally, I tensed up in the vicinity I was near Eren. I was just uncomfortable. Especially considering he doesn't really like me. I clear my throat. Mikasa turns to Eren, looking past me.

"I'm surprised you came. I thought it was just Armin," Mikasa teased Eren. Eren mocks her with very little expression. She punches his arm and he softly chuckles.

"Mikasa, never touch alcohol again," Armin jokes. We laughed at the common topic. Mikasa puts her head down playfully.

"I know. I was just talking about that too. Y/n called me a liar," Mikasa lightheartedly replies.

"Because you are. Watch when Historia throws a party. Then that's the next time you'll black out," Armin bets. We chuckle. I looked at Mikasa, slightly confused.

"Who's Historia?" I ask innocently.

"She's another friend of ours. A little bitchy but she's likable. Loaded," Sasha gives insight. I nod, catching up.

"Hissy is throwing a party? When?" Jean asks. Armin shrugs his shoulders.

"I dunno. I just heard rumors about a pool party but it sounds kind of lame. Her parties might as well be orgies. People always end up fucking at her parties. Altogether," Armin gossips. The group chuckles but I keep put.

"You guys have been to her parties before?" I ask. Sasha scoffs.

"You haven't?" Sasha replies with a question.

"I haven't been to a party in years. Not my kind of scene," I reply. Sasha nods.

"Well, you're not missing much when you go to her parties. Like Armin said, total hornballs. All of them! Like how is it possible to gather so many horny people?" Sasha rhetorically asks in disgust. I chuckle. I lay my head on Mikasa's shoulder as a casual conversation happened. Sasha chuckles at us.

"You guys look like scissor sisters," She comments. Mikasa and I snicker.

"That's because we are," Mikasa jokes. The table laughs. Mikasa looks over at Eren, who's been rather quiet since being here.

"Eren, you know you accidentally followed Y/n last night. I saw it on her phone. Stop trying to get at my girlfriend dude. Not cool," Mikasa jokes. I swallow uncomfortably at Eren being put on the spot. Jean's eyebrows raise.

"Yeah, seriously Jeager. Leave our girlfriend alone," Jean joins in on the joke, indirectly flirting with me. I chuckle, brushing it off. Mikasa and Jean fistbump at their collaboration. Eren huffs through his nose, a small chuckle. He pulls his phone out and goes on Instagram.

"Oh. It was an accident. I already unfollowed," Eren dryly replies. Sasha scoffs.

"Just follow the girl, dumbass. You ever heard of a joke?" Sasha grills Eren.

"I follow my friends. I don't know her," Eren speaks about me as if I wasn't in the room. I look down at my hands, embarrassed. This is embarrassing. I look at Mikasa, uncomfortable.

Armin nudges Eren.

"Don't talk about her like she's not here dude," Armin tries to reason with Eren. Eren yawns.

"It's not a big deal. It's social media. She'll live–Oh, sorry," He pauses before turning to make direct eye contact with me. Thrown off, I lean back only slightly, maintaining eye contact with him.

"You'll live with one less follower, right?" He condescendingly asks me. My eyebrows slightly furrowed as I clenched my jaw gently. I shake my head.

"...Yeah. It's fine. I don't care. It's just Instagram. I'll be fine," I try to lighten the mood. But everyone was already aware of how I felt. Eren looks at the faces at the table.

"When are we ordering?" He casually and calmly asks the table. Armin nudges him again.

"C'mon, bro. Don't be an asshole," Armin tells Eren quietly.

"It's fine Armin. He doesn't owe me shit. So I really don't care. Let's just order," I calmly tell Armin. Eren glances at me for a moment. I glance back, my eyes traveling up and down before giving him a slightly disgusted face. He doesn't like me? That's fine. Two can play that game.

✩✩✩✩✩

The lunch was awkward. So awkward that I didn't want to go to Connie's house. But I stuck it out because I was with Mikasa. She apologized to me immensely in the car for Eren's behavior. I reassured her it wasn't her fault because it wasn't. And she didn't know he was even coming. So I'm not offended.

Pulling into Connie's house, Mikasa turns to look at me.

"Eren's on his way too. You know that, right? If you wanna leave, at whatever time, let me know, okay?" She asks. I chuckle.

"It'll be fine. Thank you," I tell her. She sighs before getting out of the car. I walk next to her.

"That was just so...I'm gonna chop his dick off," Mikasa angrily tells me. I nudge her, urging her to let go of her anger toward Eren. She grunts in anger before taking a deep breath. I laugh at her.

We walked up to Connie's house. A single-family with an indoor patio in the front. Mikasa opens the screen door and holds it for me as I close the screen door. Mikasa opens the house door before casually walking into his room. Connie sat on the edge of his bed, playing on his PS5. He paused his game and looked at us. He groans.

"I forgot you guys were coming," He whines before turning his game off. He goes into his drawer and pulls out a box. It was a full-sized pencil box for elementary students. He walks out of his room and we followed behind him, onto the front patio. I closed his front door before sitting on the couch, next to Mikasa.

"Y/n! We didn't scare you away yet, did we?" Connie lightheartedly asks. I chuckle.

"Nope, not yet," I reply confidently. He nods, assured as he begins to work on rolling up spliffs.

"Good. Something tells me you're gonna fit right in," Connie tells me.

"Yeah except for Eren being a complete dickwad and being all elusive and shit. He was fucking rude to Y/n last night and today at lunch. He wasn't even invited–"

"Relax Mika. I don't care anymore," I attempt to calm her down. She groans. Connie laughs at Mikasa's anger. Connie and I make eye contact as he licks the paper to seal it. He twists the end of the spliff before speaking.

"Eren's got a tough exterior but we've all known him since he was a stupid ass kid. He'll get used to you. Give him some time. He's a good dude. But if he was an asshole to you then you just gotta fight it. Something tells me that shit turns him on or something. He's a weirdo," Connie jokes.

"He's so aggravating. Like please, be normal for once in your life," Mikasa speaks to no one in particular. I snicker.

We hear the cars pull up and Jean, Sasha, Armin, and Eren got out of them before approaching the front porch and opening the screen door. On the U-shaped couch, the order was me, Mikasa, Sasha, Connie, Jean, Armin, and Eren.

I comfortably leaned back on the couch, my legs were spread slightly at the discretion of wearing sweats. It was a little warm. Mikasa sat with her legs to the side of her, tucked in. Sasha leaned back on the couch and kept her legs sort of straightened out. Connie completely slouched into the couch, mansplaining as he had the box on his lap, rolling. Armin, Jean, and Eren held the same seating position as Connie.

I yawned as everyone was doing their own thing. Whether it's being on their phone or talking to one another.

"First spliff done. Who's sparking?" Connie asks. Mikasa grabs the spliff.

"I'm going first," She tells everyone. She turns and looks at me.

"Are you smoking? You don't have to if you don't want to," She tells me. I chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm down," I casually replied. She nods before grabbing a lighter. She puts the spliff to her mouth and ignites the lighter before putting the flame to the end of it. She inhales as she keeps the flame there to catch. Once she finally inhaled the smoke, she exhaled slowly before taking another quick hit and handing it to me.

"Who am I handing it to?" I ask. Connie jerks his head, pointing.

"Eren," He tells me. I glance at Eren as he sat across from me, keeping a neutral expression. I sigh before putting the spliff to my mouth and pulling in smoke. I exhale slowly before reaching my hand over to Eren, who accepts the spliff, grazing my hand as he held the spliff in between his index and middle finger.

I watch him as he leans his head back on the couch and takes a couple of hits before passing it to Armin.

"You guys heard about Historia's party?" Connie asks as he finishes rolling up the second spliff. Sasha scoffs.

"The pool party? I heard rumors," Sasha replies.

"Yeah like how ass it's gonna be," Eren insults Historia's party-throwing abilities. Jean chuckles.

"Seriously. I'd go to her parties to get my dick licked but other than that, whack," Jean adds. Connie snickers.

"Nah but I heard it was actually gonna be cool this time. She and her parents moved upstate so now they have a huge property on a hill or something. It's completely isolated. Indoor and outdoor pool," Connie boasts.

"Well, that doesn't guarantee anything though," Mikasa comments. Connie shakes his head.

"No, I heard seniors are gonna be there and everything. Word's getting around. Just waiting for Hissy to give us the details at this point," Connie tells us as he lit another spliff to share. He inhaled smoke before exhaling and passing it to Jean. Sasha passes the first one to Mikasa. Mikasa nudges me.

"Would you go?" She asks me. I shrug my shoulders.

"Maybe," I reply.

"Nah, Y/n, you have to go. Her parties are usually lame as fuck but this one is different. This is like history. You gotta be there," Connie tells me. I chuckle at his dramatic remark.

"Alright," I casually agreed. I take the spliff from Mikasa and take a couple of hits before mindlessly handing it back to Eren.

"You should tell us about yourself, Y/n," Jean suggests. I yawned again before shrugging my shoulders.

"What do you wanna know?" I ask no one in particular.

"Where did you come from?" Sasha asks. I smiled at her.

"I'm from Shiganshina. I worked in Trost at a coffee shop and that's how I met Mikasa," I explained. Sasha nods.

"Isn't Eren from Shiganshina too?" Connie asks. My eyebrows raised slightly.

"Are you? I had no idea," I directly look at him. He exhales smoke before handing it to Armin.

"Yeah." He keeps it short.

"Do you have any siblings?" Jean asks. I sigh.

"Nope. An only child," I reply.

"I heard only children were lonely and shit and that's why a lot of only children shoot up schools and shit," Connie says. Everyone looked at him with creased eyebrows like he was stupid. He put his hands up, confused.

"What?" He asks with genuine curiosity.

"You're a fucking idiot," Sasha mocks him. We laugh.

"Well, I wasn't lonely. I was just...I dunno, chilling," I tell them as I shrugged my shoulders.

"So why'd you move to Forks?" Sasha asks.

"A new start. I wanted to be near school and when my parents divorced, I figured I'd go with my dad to be near," I answer. They nod.

"Damn. Divorced parents? Are you fucked up in the head from that shit? Because I don't know a lot of people with divorced parents so when I see people online being sad about it, I think they're kind of dramatic," Connie stupidly says. Sasha punches his leg hard. He hisses with a groan.

"What the fuck are you even saying?" Sasha reprimands him. I chuckle.

"When they divorced, I didn't really care much. It was way better that way anyway," I answer lightheartedly.

"And you're gonna room with me now," Mikasa hugs my arm. I chuckle.

"Are you? We'll see you often then," Jean comments. I nodded.

"Well, if you're curious about any of us, you can ask questions too," Mikasa assures me. I chuckle before humming.

"What are your majors?" I ask everyone. Mikasa points at herself.

"Criminal justice," She answers. She points at Sasha.

"I'm in culinary school," She answers before pointing at Connie.

"General studies," Connie answers, pointing at Jean.

"Fine art." He points at Armin.

"Marine biology." He points at Eren. Eren looks at me with calm eyes, annoyed that he's forced to answer my question. We held eye contact.

"Biomedical engineering." He plainly tells me directly. I nod.

"That's cool," I cooly tell him. He ignores me.

"What about you?" Sasha asks me.

"Psychology," I reply. They nod.

"Oh, that's cool! That's like for therapists and shit, right?" Connie asks. I nod.

✩✩✩✩✩

After a couple of hours and a couple of spliffs later, we were all high. Some slept, and some laughed unreasonably at stupid things. I was rather relaxed. But I needed to pee. Connie was on his phone, his eyes low from the THC.

"Connie, where's your bathroom?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"My house is a little weird so forgive me. If you go inside, you're gonna go down the hall into the kitchen and then the bathroom should be the first door you see," He explains. I nod before chuckling.

"Alright. If I get lost I'm coming back," I tell him. He chuckles. I get up and go inside. I look around his living room before walking down the hall of doors. I see the kitchen but the problem is that there are three doors in the kitchen. My eyebrows creased before approaching the first door I saw. I open it and it was the door to the backyard. I turn to my right but I was too nervous to open the door in case it was a room.

I walk back to the front patio and see Connie laughing at me for getting lost in his house.

"There's three doors in your fucking kitchen. I opened a door and it was your back door," I tease him. He laughs at me before whistling.

"Eren, show her to the bathroom please?" Connie asks Eren casually. Eren looks at Connie.

"No."

"Don't be a dick. You're just showing someone to the bathroom," Connie minimizes it. Eren sighs.

"Why can't you show her? It's your fucking house," He calmly tells him. Connie yawns.

"I'm busy right now," he tells Eren a clear lie. Eren sighs in aggravation before walking past me, not even looking at me. I quickly follow behind him as he walks down the familiar hallway and into the kitchen. He turns left and stops before looking at me.

"Did you even check?" He asks me with annoyance. I sighed, aggravated.

"Well, I've never been here so I didn't want to walk into the wrong room. Forgive me for not being fucking rude," I spit back at him in a calm manner before approaching the door and opening it.

"Maybe you should just not come back then if you're so fucking polite," He talks back to my surprise. My eyebrows creased before turning to look at him.

"Was your dad mean to you or something before the party and you decided that I was gonna be the one you wanted to be an asshole to? Seriously, I don't know you and you don't know me from anywhere. It wouldn't fucking hurt to stop being an asshole," I finally tell him. He scoffs.

"No one was rude to you. Sorry you're probably used to the attention," He tells me, dismissing me. I scoff.

"The only one that looks like they're dying for attention is you. It's not impressing anyone so just stop being a little bitch. Are you on your period or something?" I mock him. He looks at me before scoffing. He walks away. I grunt as I close the door and locked it.

He was so mean. Annoying. Dismissive. I hated that. I hated people like that. I didn't even do anything to him. The lack of explanation for his attitude was most likely what made me angrier. There was no reason for him to dislike me from the beginning. And I get that first impressions matter but I don't think I made a bad one. He's acting like I ran over the family dog. It felt personal. And that just irked me further. What was it that he had against me personally? He's nice to everyone else. Why not me?

And another part of me was even angrier for wanting his acceptance. In an ideal world, Eren and I would be cool and things would be less rocky when we're around each other. And because that seems so realistic, it just pisses me off. I can't help but be curious as to why he's acting this way towards me. But I can't bother to confront him and ask about it because I doubt he'd even care enough to respond.

But even then, I was surprised we even exchanged the number of words we did just now. I think that means there's progress (?).

I washed my hands before opening the door and walking back to the front patio. I see Sasha and Jean sleeping and everyone else casually talking. I sat back down and held Mikasa's hand. She squeezes it tightly.

✩✩✩✩✩

Mikasa dropped me off around ten PM. The day felt like it had gone by quickly but I think it's because we woke up super late. Mikasa parked in my driveway and put her hand on my cheek adoringly.

"I'm glad you're starting to warm up to my friends. Which are now your friends, by the way," She tells me. I chuckle as I put my hand over hers and held it.

"Well, I'm glad they like me. I just need Eren to stop being a little bitch and then we're all good," I lightheartedly tell her. She groans before rolling her eyes.

"Don't remind me. I'll talk to him about it," She tells me. I figured I should keep the words Eren and I said to each other to myself for the sake of Mikasa not getting angrier.

"It's okay. You don't have to," I tell her. She sucks her teeth.

"Nah, I want to. If not for you then I at least want to know why he has a stick up his ass," Mikasa makes fun of Eren. I snicker before hugging her.

"I'll see you soon. Good luck to you at home and tell your mom I said hi," I tell her. She nods before chuckling.

[Play: Ykwim?-Yot Club]

"I will. Love you," She tells me before I close the car door and approach my front door. I unlock it and open it to see Dad on the couch, watching TV. I close the door and lock it before putting my keys on the nearby table.

"I'm home," I announce in a normal volume. Dad sees me and gets up.

"Oh. You're earlier than I thought. I thought you were off to another party. College," He tries to relate. I keep a neutral expression as he clears his throat uncomfortably.

"Anyway, your mother sent you something for your birthday. It's a little early she said, but she said she loves you," He informs me. I nod.

"Where is it?" I ask calmly. He points to the stairs.

"I put it on your bed," He answers. I nod before approaching the stairs. Dad's eyebrows creased for a moment before turning his head to look at me.

"Wait, Y/n," he stops me. I stop as I held onto the railing with one foot up on the step. I look at him.

"Yeah?" I ask him with no distinction.

"...Do I smell weed on you? Have you been smoking?" He interrogates me. My eyebrows creased.

"Are you gonna make a big deal about it if I say yes?" I ask him with a tang of annoyance. He scoffs.

"I might, yeah. Did you buy it? Where did you get it from? You know I don't like that shit–"

"Dad enough, please. I didn't buy anything. And there's no weed on me. I smoked a little, so what. I'm gonna be twenty in November," I calmly explain. He sighs, defeated.

"...I don't want you smoking that shit here. You understand?" He puts his foot down. I keep my neutral expression before scoffing and heading back upstairs. He watches me as he stood at the bottom of the stairs.

"Is there anything you'd like to say? It seems like you're holding back a bit. What, are you mad at me for what happened to me and your mother? You know you chose to live with me–"

"Dad, seriously," I calmly warn him, not wanting him to say anything further. He huffs. I leave him at the bottom of the steps, ignoring him before walking to my room. I open my door and see a box decorated with wrapping paper and a bow.

I close my room door and lock it before approaching my bed. I scratch my forehead as I sighed in my quiet room. My calm expression remained as I looked at the box. I lift the lid and look inside. There was a handwritten letter. I reach into the box and grab it before unfolding it to read.

My baby,

I'm so sad I can't be with you for your birthday in a couple of months. Which, by the way, I know this present is a little early but I wanted to tell you something special and give you a present for your birthday in the same box. I'm sure you'll be ecstatic. But I wanted to write to you because I miss you. How's Forks? Are you making friends? I hope so. How is Mikasa? I'm so happy you two are rooming together for your sophomore year. Already halfway there! Time flies, right? I hope you're enjoying your life and living it to the fullest and I miss you my funny bunny. I'll see you soon. Right now, I'm in Arizona with someone special who I haven't told you about but I'm getting to that now haha.

I met someone new! And he's a good man baby. When you meet him, you'll love him. I told him all about you. Your favorite snacks, color, and what you look like. I can't help but talk about you since I miss you so much. I'll come soon I promise. His name is Rick. And he's a sweetheart. Anyway, we're happy together and the big news is that mommy's pregnant! I'm excited to give you a new sibling. And I hope you love this baby as much as your father and I poured love into you.

So my present to you isn't much since we're saving for the baby but I wanted to give you this as a reminder that you will always be my baby. And I love you so much and when your baby sister or brother comes into the world, I won't love you any less. I love you so much, baby!

-Mom

I slowly put the letter down before looking into the box. A framed photo of my mother and me when I was ten. I swallowed before closing my eyes to calm down. I bit my bottom lip to release some anger. I grab the framed photo before staring at it. She sat on a bench and she held me by my waist. A smile on our faces.

I sighed before putting it back in the box and taking it off of my bed and putting it on the floor. I grab the letter and storm out of the room. I rush downstairs and see Dad on the couch. He looks at me, puzzled. I held the letter up.

"Did you know about this?" I ask him assertively. His eyebrows creased before standing up and approaching me.

"Know what? What is that?" He asks with confusion. I sigh before groaning. I give him the letter to read. He opens it and takes a minute or two to read it. I stood there impatiently as he finished it. He sighed before folding the letter and handing it back to me. I look at him with impatient eyes.

"No Y/n. No, I had no fucking clue. I'm just as pissed as you right now," He tells me with annoyance. I scoffed.

"What did she even gift you?" He asks, a pitch higher.

"A stupid fucking frame of us," I answer before going back upstairs quickly. He watches me again.

"Y/n! Come downstairs and let's talk about it!" He tries to get my attention. I go back to my room before slamming my door and locking it.

It's been a long time since I've felt this much anger. There was so much to unpack but we can start with the fact that my mother left the family she had behind and got knocked up a year after they divorced. And she has the audacity to tell me this shit in a letter? With a stupid fucking frame of us ten years ago? The entire principle of it was fucked up. Was I not good enough to tell in person? Was she ashamed? Scared? Regardless of the fact, it's common decency to tell your kid in person when you're fucking pregnant after being with their dad for twenty years.

Honestly, this entire situation is unbelievable. I shove the letter in my right bedside table drawer before kicking the stupid fucking box under my bed. I didn't want to look at it. I'm infuriated. I just showered and headed for bed.

I get in bed and plug my phone into my charger before laying down and using it to check my social media. I go on Instagram and check my notifications and saw that Connie liked a recent photo of mine. I ignore it, thinking nothing of it. That was until I saw Eren's Instagram in my notification area. I press his account to make sure he unfollowed me.

He hasn't.

My eyebrows creased, aggravated at everything at this point. Why would he embarrass the fuck out of me in front of people saying that he unfollowed me when he really didn't? I was so irritated to logically think about it so I slammed my phone down on my bedside table before rolling over and going to sleep.

✩✩✩✩✩

I felt a hand gently brush against my cheek as they moved my hair away from my face. A kiss was planted on my cheek and I slowly opened my eyes to see Mikasa sitting by me with a warm smile. I closed my eyes before sighing.

"...I needed that," I whisper, still groggy. She chuckles.

"Well, I'm glad I gave it to you. What's up?" She asks gently, being mindful of not waking me up. I shuffle away from her and pat on the empty area I left for her to lie down. She smiles before laying down next to me, facing me and caressing my cheek. I sighed again.

"I had the shittiest night when I got back here," I whisper to her. Her eyebrows creased slightly upwards, concerned. She shuffled a little closer, attentively listening.

"What happened?" She asks calmly and quietly. I close my eyes to avoid crying. I didn't want to cry so early in the morning or so soon after waking up. I inhale sharply before opening my eyes and looking at her as she observes me with a caring expression. Her soft eyes stared into mine with such care.

"My mom...She just...She's pregnant," I tell her simply. Mikasa's eyebrows slightly raised, surprised. I lay on my back, not facing her anymore. She held her weight on her arm as she watches me as I stared at my ceiling.

"How are you feeling about that?" She asks softly. I sighed again, closing my eyes before covering my face and bursting into silent tears. Mikasa caressed my head as I sobbed silently behind my hands. I sniffled before taking my hands out of my face.

"I'm just...So angry," I finally reply with shakiness in my voice. Mikasa wipes the tears from my face as she hums, understanding.

"Tell me why," She encourages me to express myself. I sniffle and look at her. I scoff.

"She sent me a "gift" for my birthday, which was a complete fucking cop-out. She just wanted sympathy. Then she wrote a phony ass fucking letter about how happy she is with her new boyfriend and that she's pregnant and shit. And something in me just...Hated her for that. It's like she got a second chance to have a perfect family. Like I was just the test kid and she discarded me and moved on...I dunno..." I rant, unsure. Mikasa continued to wipe my face of tears as she listened attentively. She lays down completely and cuddles me.

"...I'm sorry that happened to you. And what you're feeling holds all its validity. Know that. And I wish I could take that anger and pain away from you," She tells me, her tone full of sympathy. I sniffled as I held her.

"...Thank you," I whisper. She sighs before sitting up and looking at me, a tang of shared sadness.

"Do you wanna go to the beach? Just relax and get your mind off of shit? We can sleep over at someone's house if you don't want to stay here tonight," She suggests. I groan before sitting up and wiping my face.

"Who's going to the beach?" I ask her skeptically, my face was still puffy from waking up and crying. She chuckles before smiling.

"Me, Jean, Annie, Connie, Sasha, Armin, Historia, her girlfriend, and Eren," She tells me. I groan before shaking my head.

"Eren aggravates the fuck out of me though," I tell her. She rubs my arm.

"It'll be fine. I talked to him last night. He'll be on his best behavior. I promise this time," She tells me, trying to convince me. I chuckle as I watched her. Her eyes gleamed with anticipation. She was too cute to turn down.

"Fine. But I think I'm gonna come back home tonight though," I tell her. She nods.

"Okay, that's fine. We're going early so that we can snag spots though," She tells me.

"What time is it?" I ask her. She looks at her phone.

"Eight AM. We're heading over there around ten. Is that cool with you?" She asks. I get off of my bed.

"Yeah. Let me get ready."

✩✩✩✩✩

[Play: Passion- PinkPantheress]

We took my car this time in case Mikasa wanted to sleep over or had to leave at any point in the night to help her mother. I wore tennis shorts and a tank top to cover myself before I got to the beach. I'm wearing a simple white bikini set. Mikasa was wearing jean shorts and a T-shirt. She wore a simple black bikini set. Almost matching me. The weather was perfect as well. It was eighty-five degrees with a high of ninety.

I drove with the windows down as we cruised down the highway listening to music. I bopped my head to the music as the trees only allowed flashes of the sun hit us.

The drive was about twenty minutes to the beach, La Push. And when we got there, everyone was already pulling into the parking lot, ready to relax at the beach. The skies were clear the sun shined brightly, showing the beautiful color of the water and sand. There weren't that many people here yet so we were excited to freely pick where we wanted to be.

Mikasa and I got out of the car and are met with a tall brunette with a shorter blonde. The tall brunette wore basketball shorts and a regular white tank top. Her hair was tied in a low ponytail with her curtain bangs split through the middle, slightly showing her forehead. She had tan skin and freckles all over her face.

Beside her was a short blonde woman, who had long, healthy hair with volume. She wore her hair straight and had a middle part. Her hair was laid flat on her head and showed her pretty face. Her eyelashes were long and had mascara. Her blue eyes were round and kind. She also had freckles but they were very light and hard to notice at first sight. She had a button nose and nice full lips. Her skin was immaculately clear and smooth. She wore a beach dress and held a white beach bag with a pink beach chair. Her sunglasses lay on top of her head. Her nails were freshly done too. A French manicure.

"It's hot as balls," She vulgarly says. I chuckle at the difference between her beauty and her language. She looks at me, her head tilted.

"Oh, are you new?" She asks me. Mikasa chuckles.

"This is Y/n. Y/n this is Historia and her girlfriend Ymir," Mikasa introduces us. Historia smiles at me. Ymir watches me as well.

"You're cute. Right, babe?" She asks Ymir. Ymir looks at her before glancing at me.

"Yeah," She replies. Mikasa scoffs.

"She's not gonna have a threesome with you two. Don't be freaks," Mikasa dismisses them. Historia puts her sunglasses on before laughing.

"I wasn't gonna ask her that! Not unless she's down..." She lowers her voice as she walks with Mikasa to a good spot. I walk behind her as Ymir follows behind Historia.

"So did you guys forget about us then?" We hear Armin behind us. Eren followed behind with Jean, Connie, and Sasha. Annie walked way behind them, alone. We stopped and let them catch up to us. I turned around as soon as they caught up.

"Wow Y/n, you got some nice legs," Sasha comments as she walked behind me I chuckle before turning to look at her, confused at her odd compliment.

"Thanks...?" I tell her. She chuckles.

Once we found our spot, everyone started to set up their small areas. I decided not to go into the water so I brought a beach umbrella and a beach chair with water and a book. People read books at the beach all the time, by the way, this isn't me acting like a fanfiction character. (Hm...) Mikasa put her towel down next to my chair and the boys were in front of me, setting their things up before taking their shirts off and walking to the shore. Mikasa put her sunglasses on and laid on her back, tanning. She looked at me as I watched the boys get in the water. She snickers.

"If you stare any harder you're gonna burn a hole on their backs," Mikasa teases me. I snicker before lightly kicking her.

"I'm not staring at them. Just...Looking at the horizon," I reply.

"That their toned bodies are in the way of," She jokes. I chuckle, shaking my head.

Once the boys got out of the water, their wet bodies walked back to their spots. Armin and Connie laughed about something while Jean and Eren spoke casually. I watched them as they approached closer.

"You like what you see, Y/n?" Connie shouts to me, also teasing me for looking. I snicker.

"See! I told you," Mikasa laughed at Connie's comment. I laugh as Connie approached me, still wet.

"Yeah, actually," I tease. Connie smiles before chuckling, looking at Jean, Armin, and Eren.

"Did you guys hear that? Y/n was checking us out," Connie boasts.

"Maybe she was just staring at your shiny head," Sasha makes fun of Connie as she ate a bag of chips. We laughed.

"Fuck you, I'm not bald. I got a buzzcut. It's sexy and it's in style these days," Connie defends himself.

✩✩✩✩✩

A/N: The beach chapter is coming next Saturday at the same time!- Ian :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 274 15
Jean Kirstein has no interest in girls. He'd tried dating and found himself often bored before the end of the evening. Competing for captain of The U...
255K 8.5K 65
art credit: @/KznoBuyhm7zqrNN on twt College hasn't always been fun,like anything else it has its pros and cons,right? Your friends have made it very...
6.2K 152 31
"Everyone changes." This year you moved to Paradis. It was your year to start over. Once you've got settled into Paradis University with your roommat...
731 18 5
Time doesn't wait for many. And this comes true for a young man named Eren Yeager. Mind stuck on a goal to become a gang leader ever since his high s...