Titan Turn; A TDS Story

Par OK1610

Gravedigger had always been the missfit of the family. With his new friend however, he finds his place in the... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Halloween Special)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 29

183 4 18
Par OK1610

Gravedigger fiddled with the book in his hands. He couldn't stop thinking about what had happened a few days ago... How his uncle got hurt... By the very book he now so carelessly toyed with... But why? Why his uncle ? Scout read it... He, himself, carried it.... Why did it react this way to Krampus? Would it do the same if his father were to touch it? Would it if Commander....? Why?

It was the last question that replayed the most in his head... Why?... Why did they find out only now about Krampus, three whole years later? Why did he and Scout of all people embark on the journey? Why was he the one to cast the spell when magic was never something he had practiced? Why did that figure talk to him only after the accident? Why... Just why?

He leaned against the wooden frame of the small window... The same one through which he had laid eyes upon the figure that fateful night..
He flipped through the pages... No fire... No flame... Nothing. The more he looked through it, the more it appeared to have not been just a spell book... No... This was somebody's journal.. In different parts it had thoughts and feelings written out... This was someone's life long writings..
At the bottom of the paper was a signature but it was blurred by the years aging the ink... Only a letter was somewhat comprehensible a capital 'V'... V? Who is this V person?
Were they a Tower...? A Titan?
Was it the figure?... It was too small to be a Titan... And yet too unnatural to be a simple Tower... Wierd...

A small "Grave?" coming from behind made the boy turn around in a flash... He didn't even hear the door open.. Let alone the steps of his older friend.
Scout sheepishly walked forward into the light of the evening sun as he approached his companion.

"Are you ok?" he asked, tilting his head. The expression on Grave's face and his jumpy nature from the past days worried him to no avail... Grave wasn't like this..

"Yeah, fine." was all the boy mumbled in return. But Scout wasn't pleased. He could tell it was a lie from a mile away, so he pressed onward.

"Grave... I am worried.. You are so quiet ever since... Y-you just..blanked when Mr. Krampus burned his hand.. For a second I thought...t-thought you died.." he paused his confesion, trying to surpress his shaking hands,"... Your eyes were so still and... - and empty.. And-and then you woke up and you looked so shaken..What happened? "

Grave sighed softly, closing the book. He signed for Scout to come closer, warily looking over his shoulder as if someone was waiting to bust the door down. He pulled Scout into a small hug as he began," Scout could you promise me to not tell anyone about what I am going to say to you?"

"Y-yes.. I promise!" blurted Scout, he felt himself tense even more.. This had to be bad if Grave wanted it to be kept a secret from his family...

Grave nodded more to himself than to Scout as he chose his words, "A few days ago, I woke up in the middle of the night.. I don't why really... I was tired but something scared me... I thought it was a nightmare... A loud noise drew me to this window, so I peaked out and...there it was. An odd figure staring at me with bright pink eyes... It was clad in black so I couldn't see what or who it was.. Then I blinked and it was gone.. "

There was a small silence between them as Grave locked eyes with Scout, who looked as uncomfortable as he felt. He shifted a little as he held Grave in his arms..."T-That's creepy... Maybe it was just a dream...? " he asked, hopefully.

"That is what I thought too! Dad didn't hear it so I assumed I just imagined everything! But then..." he felt himself stop, a lingering sadness covering his voice, "Uncle got hurt and... I don't really know what happened.. For a moment I wasn't in the room with you anymore... I could barely hear my uncle's scream... Everything went up in flames... None of you were around, the book was in my hands and the same thing happened... I looked out the window in the living room and there was the figure again. This time closer, it appeared to have horns sticking out of a hat, the face was covered, only the eyes I could make out to have the same burning pink as... As the crystal on the cover.. " he showed Scout the book again as he continued," For the first time, it didn't run away.. It spoke to me... It said goodbye.. a female voice was what I heard.. Next thing I knew, you were shaking me awake... back to reality... That wasn't a dream."

Scout felt himself physically cringe, tightening his grip around Grave,
"Ok this is getting way too real.
W-what do you think she wants?"

Grave flicked the pages again, "I think it's the book..." he said.

"Why? It's just an old spell manual"

"Scout, the more I read the more I realized this isn't a manual... It's somebody's personal journal.."

The boy audibly blinked, "What?"

"Yeah! It has entries and dates and like... Timetables and stuff.. Some pages talk about military training and then others about what coffee the owner drank in the morning, all sorts of things!! It has a signature too but.. The only letter I can tell is a 'V', there is something else near it but I don't understand it"

"Wait... Military training? Didn't Commander say the book belonged to the leader before him?"

The realization hit Grave like a brick, "He did! Holy-! That figure might be the other commander!"

"Man... When I decided to come with you on this adventure... Ghost hunting and undead leaders were not on my list of things that can happen!" Scout half joked.

Grave giggled, it felt nice to have someone to talk about things like these even if they do seem unbelieveable. The situation was serious since they do not know just how the lady wanted to obtain her journal.. However, if anything, it's them who are going to figure it out... They opened a portal to a new dimension for crying out loud! A ghost is the least of their problems.

"Are... Are you going to tell the others?"

Grave sighed, "I don't know... Dad would freak out and I want him to rest...he is still in pain even if you see him walking around.. If I tell him he would worry himself with me not his wounds. Maybe.. I will tell Krampus if the situation gets out of hand..."

"Not even counting Commander?" smiled Scout with a raised brow.

"Look man, I am sorry but Commander seems even more easier to spook than my dad! And that has to be a record." laughed Grave.

A knock on the door broke them out of their laughter. Commander cracked the door open, swiftly greeting, "Hey, you two! You gotta come down stairs, we still need to make that plan to get outta here. Now, come on!"

The boys followed, still cheekily smiling towards one another. They can figure things out, nothing can stop them when they have each other!

They both took a seat at the table where Krampus and Fallen were idly chatting, waiting for them to arrive.
With everyone in place, Commander began the 'meeting'.

"I think we can all agree that only Gravedigger will be handling the book. We can't have any more accidents if we wanna get out of this place in one piece. Now, as for the whole second portal thing.. We need to find its location... Any ideas?"

Grave raised a hand,"Well, we could go on a little observation mission.. We have a map but it's very like... viewing as you go along kind of thing since some reference points are not what they used to be.."

Scout jumped in to strengthen the idea, "Yeah, I can help with that. I did the map reading when we first came here. Some points are a little vague but most of it is accurate. And we can always ask help from Wolfey!"

Commander blinked looking at Fallen and Krampus for an answer, "Who is Wolfey?"

"Scout helped an injured wolf, befriending it in the process. The pack found us and they showed us the way to the village as a thank you." explained Grave nonchalantly.

The adults sat there quietly staring in surprise at how almost unbothered the boys seemed. Commander turned to Scout, "The hell do you think you are? A Disney Princess?"

The boys burst out laughing. Fallen gazing towards Grave for comfirmation that this actually took place which he received. Although, Commander took a little to fully be convinced...with some skeptical glares towards the boys and some puppy eyes from Scout. He accepted in the end, " Alright fine. You two will lead. But where exactly is the second portal? "

Grave grimced dryly, " That is where the issue lies... It's quite a bit up the mountain.. Not to the summit but like half way there."

Commander scoffed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Great. They couldn't have made it closer to the ground... At least the vehicles can handle it.. They are made for off-road after all. Well... We could leave tomorrow morning and make some preparations tonight...The less time we waste, the quicker we make it back home. "

Krampus chimed in before everyone could express their agreement," One thing. You and Fallen aren't going anywhere. "

Commander was taken aback by the Titan's words, "WHAT?"

"Krampus what do you mean we can't go?" inquired Fallen calmly.

"You two are hurt. With your almost broken hand, Commander, and your bleeding wound we won't make it even half the way." he turned to face Fallen, "You can walk around the cabin, sure. But climbing a mountain, Fallen? That would be too much strain... You could get yourself injured maybe even worse than before! And I will not watch that happen."

Commander, sounding almost like a toddler, argued, "You cannot order me around! He is your brother, not me!"

Scout rised up from his seat as he beamed, "He can't but I CAN! "

Grave barely stiffled a laugh as Commander eyed him in disbelief,
" Whose side are you on!?" he barked.

"I am with Mr. Krampus on this one, sir! You are injured and Medic would kill me if I let you get hurt even worse!" he jokingly raised his voice.

Commander bit back, still in shock, "I don't listen to a kid!"

"Well, now you will! Cause I got Medic's permission to tie you to a chair if I have to! And you know I passed my rope classes with flying colors!" he answered with a sassy atittude. Something most would not expect out of the respectful boy, seen best by the look on Krampus and Fallen's faces.

The two had a stare down as they waited for the other to back down, almost sizing each other up. Grave shared an amused look with Krampus who snickered. Fallen looking between the two of them with wide eyes and small laugh.
Eventually, Commander blinked, "GAHH FINE! You want to lead this operation, do it! I will stay back at the cabin." he murmered the last words as he sat back down. The look of triumph on Scout's face only rubbing salt in the wound.

"Mr. Fallen do you have something to comment?"asked Scout jokingly.

Fallen raised his hands in defeat, laughing, "No, no, no!"

"Well, then it's settled! " ended Scout as he took a seat. Next to him, Grave still laughing at the display.

Krampus picked up the comversation again to make things clear, "Then us three will leave tomorrow at dawn. The two of you have to guard the house. And that's that."

"Yep. However, we will not open the portal tomorrow. It's too unstable and I think all of us should be there so we can hop through in case it closes... Tomorrow, is just finding it." added Gravedigger, remembering the rather violent explosion the portal caused when it was unsealed.

Fallen agreed to the plan, Commander still somewhat peeved gave his own small nod. The rest of the evening was spent gathering some supplies, preparing the vehicle chosen to make the journey with and setting up some last minute details. In the morning a big adventure was going to begin and they weren't sure just how long it will take to find the gateway up the mountain... Hopefully everything will go according to plan... Hopefully.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

13.7K 123 10
Yeah so it's gonna have alot of stories but gonna take alot of time so please be patient-
4.6K 144 16
DJ is a new recruit to the TDS team and he has made one thing his mission: get Commander to crack.
1K 92 35
A rewrite of my original book but with more effort put in because the og one is trash if I'm gonna be honest. Join the towers in their adventure to s...
4.1K 198 18
What happens when a squad of military-trained personnel are notified to a near frozen research station by a distress signal? What happens when the re...