The Lost Fairchild

By Jess_6823

Temp Fairchild. Thrown into the mundane world, with no one to protect her but her sharp wit and charisma. A s... More

Preface.
Amateur in people skills
The guy with the bow and arrow
I don't like Simon
The calm before the storm
Lost or Broken?
Drip. Drip. drip
What goes around comes around (Part 1)
What goes around comes around (Part 2)
Back to square one
What if I told you I like you...
Make up your mind
When the going gets tough
Start a riot
Good Life
Bigger fish to fry
I found
Smoothie
Didn't we have fun
Love and Hatred
joy.
The end for now.

Another treacherous occurrence

164 8 0
By Jess_6823

We arrived at an old, and almost rustic church. I took me a few seconds to peel back what seems to be a glamour.

It was then an incredibly modern institution, and I would've spent longer staring in awe, till I was pulled inside.

"Upstairs now!", Alec said. We rushed into an elevator, and then it got stuck.

"It seems to me, that we'll be in here. For a while", he said.

"Listen all those things that you have seen, for all those years your mundane parents and those what do you call them, therapists told you were a figment of your imagination are true. The shadow world is very real, werewolves, vampires. I'm a shadowhunter, and so are you. We kill demons", he said.

I started to hyperventilate. I hated tight spaces, and this was too much. I couldn't breath. I was dying. My throat was closing up, I was struggling, and I...

I was fine. Alec held me, and comforted me. He told me I'd be fine, that I wasn't alone.

I wasn't alone. I was fine. I wasn't alone.

"It's alright", he said. And it was alright.

The lift suddenly moved, and I awkwardly pulled away.

The doors opened. And on cue, chaos revelled. That seemed to be a theme whenever I was around.

—————————————————

The place was trashed. Is obviously hadn't ever been to the institute before, but it looked damaged beyond repair. And desolate. Very desolate.

Drops. Droplets of blood. A crimson red handprint on the bleached white walls.

And a gasping Jace, trying to catch his breath.

He looked angry. His eyes accusatory, and full of unbridled rage. His fists suddenly clenched. His breathing shallow.

"Why am I here?", I asked.

Jace started laughing menacingly.

"As if you don't know who's behind this mess?", he said incredulously.

I was panicking again. Internally panicking. I had nothing to do with thsi, and I had no clue as to what was going on.

"What's with all the blood everywhere?", I asked.

"They took Isabelle", Jace said.

Alec stilled. He suddenly approached me. Eyes widened, and as furious as Jace.

"It's all your fault", he accused.

It was my fault? Did I do this? Maybe I did? I mean maybe I panicked and provoked a horde of demons to attack people I didn't even know that well.

"Get over yourself. You're in shock", I said calmly.

"Who took Isabelle?", I asked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 304 21
Leaving her life after a tragic incident, Talia is forced to abandon her closest friend and long time crush. They will come across each other once ag...
139K 2.6K 29
"Nephilims" That's what they're called, beings that protect the mundane world from demons, beings that are half-angel and half-human. They only have...
123K 3.3K 21
DISCONTINUED "Let the devil know that I was brave enough to die." She's the Faerie Queen's favourite with a secret love of Shadowhunters. He's a Sh...
9.1K 165 13
A warm welcome into the Brooklyn Institute could also mean an even warmer welcome for chaos and danger. Jace falls for a beautiful blonde newcomer wh...