The copper dragon of Remnant

By SenoirKain

The copper dragon, son of Glynda and with no clue who his father is. Follow along to see how his journey thro... More

Prologue: The beginning of change
Chapter 1: Same class, new faces
Chapter 2: Third year assignment
Chapter 3: Meeting the new teams
Chapter 4: While the first year's are away the others get to play
Chapter 5: To help find a friend
Chapter 6: So a cat, a monkey and a dragon...
Chapter 7: The Copperscale bears his fangs
Volume one intermission part one The first dragons
Part two: Ozpin's paln/ Kahn going to patch
Part three: Getting to know the rose xiao-longs
Chapter 8: The book's arrival and moving into a dorm
Chapter 9: Nora's misteak and hatching a plan
Chapter 10: Draconic transference
Chapter 11: Operation investigation
Chapter 12: Velvet's declaration of war
Chapter 13: A talk with Ozpin and an invitation
Chapter 14: A mother's concern and a draconic dance
Chapter 15: The primordial dragons and mission time
Chapter 16: The hunt for the fang hideout
Volume 2 intermission part one the children of the dragons
V2 part 2: Kahn's punishment
V2 part 3: Cooking with Kahn
Chapter 18: Sideline sitting and unexpected guest
Chapter 19: This just got awkward
Chapter 20: Getting to know Qorvid
Chapter 21: A fight between rivals
Chapter 22: A message from the white fang
Chapter 23: The final match and the fall
Chapter 24: Waking up
Chapter 25: The shores of Mistral
Chapter 26: Bandit troubles
Chapter 27: No safe Haven
Chapter 28: Discoveries
Inter.... nope Chapter 29: Arrival in Menagerie
Chapter 30: A disappointing fight, consequences and a new home
Chapter 31: Meeting the leaders
Chapter 32: So a cat, a monkey and a dragon 2.0
Chapter 33: Unexpected discovery, a hidden war
Chapter 34: A talk with my ancient uncle
not a chapter just having writers block
The magics of Remnant

Chapter 17: Saving private Ruby/ ya done pissed off a dragon

47 1 0
By SenoirKain

3rd pov

    Now Kahn was normally calm because of the way he was raised, only on rare occasions did he express anger such as when dealing with the racists/ bullys at beacon. But right now. Right now he was enraged. A loud clap of thunder could be heard as it suddenly became a torrential down pouf. Only two people of the group understood what was happening doctor Obleck and Blake. Doctor Obleck was of the mind to try and calm Kahn down emphasis on try. While Blake on the other hand, she was afraid for her people despite the fact that she knew they needed to learn to fix their way since they are white fang members, she remembers learn from her father about the last time a Copperscale was angered, it started a war with Atlas when it was still know as Mantle that only lasted three days and that war nearly wiped the kingdom off the map. It was known as the first great faunus war and it only ended when a child went up to the enraged dragon and pleaded for it to stop. In acknowledgment of the child's bravery he did stop, the name of that child was Atlas who would later become the new king to which the floating city would be named after in hopes to replicate his bravery in going up to an enraged dragon and getting it to stop its endless slaughter. Although a great majority of people understood that the good intentions of naming the after the great King didn't go as expected considering that the nation is repeating its history in having slaves practically showing that they've learned nothing from the first and second great faunus wars.

    As Kahn began to exit their camp site of the ruined building the four people still in the cover of it as they watch Kahn get struck by one, two, three lightning bolts. Blake witnesses the familiar site of ring of electricity running up his body covering him almost like an aura. Then they see him activate his aura with its copper color, which in turns the electricity running up his body take on the same color as his aura.

Dr. Obleck: I see... looks like we must act quickly or Kahn will have this taken care of before we can reach young miss Rose.

    As soon as he finishes that sentence the four of them cover their ears as Kahn jumps from the ground with incredible force and with sound of a thunder clap happening right infront of them. And like that he was off to go find Ruby. The storm seemed to follow him as he left.  Not wanting to let him take enter the danger alone in saving Ruby they quickly gather things and then set off after him.

Kahn's pov

    I followed the scent of roses to the cliff side and jumped down. I land rather loudly but I don't really care. I turn around to see a white fang grunt pointing a gun at me.

Grunt: Hey screw off and don't talk about us being here!

    I just scoff at him. I launch myself at him using my semblance not giving him time to react. I grab his head with both hands, push it downwards fast as I bring my knee up into his face. His aura shatters from then force of the blow. I look into the cave and immediately charge right in. There are to many varying scents making it harder to find Ruby.

    I start to hear gunshots and turn to look and see people firing at me. The bullets get stopped by the electricity that is going up my body making it so the rounds fail to hit my aura. Downside is that I feel the boost I go from the lightning strikes lessening. I need to speed up. I rush at the group of grunts shooting at me and round house one in the side stunning the first one. I deliver a punch to the head of the second which then get followed by an elbow that momentarily stunning them. Using my momentum from the combo, I grab the third by the head and use them as a bat hitting the first one. I let go of the third as soon as they collided with the first sending the both of them flying and shattering their aura from the force of it. I turn back to the second one they had recovered and pulled out a sword. As they thrust at me I latch onto the sword with my clawed foot and yank my foot to the side cleanly cutting through the sword leaving only half the blade attached to the hilt. Before they can do anything else I upper cut them in the face and then use my semblance to speed up my arm movements to get them into position to slam down into the grunts stomach. Once the hit lands they crash into the ground, aura shattered and out cold.

    I press on hearing shouts behind me but give it no mind as I become a whirlwind of punches, elbows, knees and kicks while using my semblance when necessary to deliver blows onto the white fang grunt that I come across. As I've finished taking care of another group I catch two familiar scents, roses and smoke, cigar smoke. Considering I only know of one person that smells like that I now know Roman is here. I can finally get pay back for his side kick pepper spraying me while saving Ruby.

    I hear gunshots come from up ahead and look to see Ruby running in my direction. While at the same time hear her team and doctor Obleck shouting from behind me. Good they caught up. I point to them as Ruby get close to me she see them, nods and heads towards them. I look back to where I smelt Roman and see him looking at me worried, probably remember what happened last time he saw me with my boost active. I smile a big toothy vicious smile at him and start to head right towards him. He fires a fire dust crystal in front of me causing me to slow my approach as it explodes. I then hear the train start up and see that he is on it.

    I hear team RWBY and doctor Obleck say something aboutnthe train but I'm still far to angry to listen to what ever is being said. I start to run towards the Train as it starts to move and leap into the air. I use some magic instead of my semblance to save on aura to launch my self forwards heading for the front of the train. At this point my boost is almost gone. So either I fight Roman or try to stop the train. I've gotnto try and stop the train. As the train speeds up I have to boost myself towards the front so I use a good chunk of my magic reserves to do so. As I'm nearing the front I hear an explosion. Then as I'm just closing in about one cart away from the front I hear another explosion what is Roman doing? From my history lessons I know that this is area underground leads towards.... oh OH SHIT. Their leading grimm to the city!

    As I reach the front I see Roman and flip him off. He just looks at my wide eyed. He starts to fire at me with his cane but I manage to dodge the shots. I give myself one more speed boost forwards so that I go a nice distance infront of the train and land. Time test my strength. I peirce the ground with my claws to help me with slowing down the train. As I see it get closer I get myself into what I'm hoping to be a good train stopping posture. This will either A work out the way I'm hoping it to or B I'm just going to get run over the train and whatever number of carts are left. I'm sure I'll be fi-

    I feel the train slam into me. My boost goes away as it took the brunt of the blow from the train. I should not have let myself get distracted from stopping the train by losing my train of thought.... can't ever tell Yang or Mr.Xiao Long about the pun I just made. I start putting all my strength into slowing down the train. I start to feel my aura drain faster than anticipated. Well I didn't want to do this but looks like I'll have to.

    As I'm being pushed back by the train I take my left arm away from it and reach to my satchel on my left side rummage around frantically as my aura is draining fast. Ther it is! I pull out a crystal of lightning dust and bring it up to my mouth and eat it.

    I feel my aura completely replenish but not only that I feel a boost hit me. The boost feels far stronger than the one I got from the thre lightning strike that had hit my earlier. I don't waste a second and start to fire lightning from behind me to aid in slowing down the train. It works. I look behind me to see that I'm getting real close to slamming into the wall. I use a mixture of my magic and my semblance to fire an even bigger blast of lightning to help slow down the train. I start to look back and forth between the train and the wall as I'm quickly approaching it. The train just stops as I feel my back be pressed up against the wall. As I'm about to sigh in relief I hear Ruby shout from the train.

Ruby: KAHN GET AWAY FROM THERE, THERES STILL ONE MORE BOMB!

Kahn: Wait WHA-

    As I hear the explosion I feel the train lurch forward slamming into me and break through the wall. I feel myself get launched away. That made me lose the rest of my boost and just about depleted all of my aura. I crash into a building as I look around to see where I am I see that I'm I a clothing store. I blink wondering why it looks so familiar until it hits me. This is Coco's favorite clothing store. I stand up on shaky legs and start to take whatever clothes that landed on me off. Including whatever go peirced by my horns.

    I hobble out of the store and head towards where I for launched from and see Ruby and her team sprawled out on the ground I ignore whatever pain I'm feeling and head towards them as fast as I can. As I close in on them they start to get. I feel so relieved that they're all ok, especially Ruby. It's at this moment where I'm just aboutnto get to them that I smell grimm, lots and lots of grimm. Things have just gone from bad to worse. Not only that but I'm still feeling angry.

    I don't waste any time as I charge towards the oncoming hoard of grimm and instant to breath in. I feel the air gather in my lungs, my chest begins to glow as I don't stop. I run past team RWBY hearing shouts of confusion and concern. I don't listen to what ever they are saying as I feel my chest swell an as I reach the first few grimm I let loose my breath attack. A large amount of stork clouds come out of my mouth. Thunder and lightning can be easily heard from both the sky and the ground. The lightning from the clouds I breathed out spread and strike anything that get in its way. I watch h as the first wave of grimm get annihilated. I start to back up to gain some distance to try and charge up another breath attack but when I try to I begin to hack and cough as I realize I've fully depleted both my aura and magic.

    This is the worst time for this to happen. I watch as an alpha beowolf leaps at me, I get ready to punch it while taking some damage from it when I hear a loud gunshot that hits the alpha in the making it lose its momentum. I turn to see that Ruby was standing nearby. I'm about to give her a thumbs up and say thanks but before I can she speaks up.

Ruby: I am still not happy with what you did yesterday! I'm even less happy that you went to the front of the train AND TRIED TO STOP IT WITH YOUR BODY! WE ARE SO TALKING ABOUT THIS LATER! I CANT WAIT TO TELL PROFESSOR GOODWITCH WHAT YOU PULLED!

    If the grimm somehow don't kill me either Ruby or my mom will. I turn back towards the grimm and get into my fighting stance. I watch as the alpha from earlier start to get back up but I stop it by slamming down on it's head with my foot crushing it. I change my stance from an offensive one to a defensive one by having my wings wrap around my shoulder to give me extra defense. I hear the other members of team RWBY enter the fight. This is going to take awhile.

Small time skip brought to you by chibi Kahn forced to sit on his knees while a chibi Ruby and a chibi Glynda lecture him

    My mom had just sealed the breach. We wre able to hold backache grimm thanks to teams JNPR, CVFY, Sun and Neptune plus whoever those two people I don't know are. If I still had some aura active I would be feeling so exhausted. I'm just laying down on the ground trying to get back some energy when I hear footsteps of two people approach me I turn my head and see a very angry Ruby walking with my mom who looks even more angry. I struggle to get up but my body doesn't listen. I'm dead with no way out. I should have read more of those old books on magic to see if there was any spells on teleportation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 45 16
This will follow the story of F/n a mysterious yet powerful boy who appears more than meets the eye as he prefers to his closely guarded his past to...
23.2K 492 30
RWBY x Male Reader Story Sorry if a lot of things in the chapters seem really confusing, rushed and stupid. It's because I'm really not the best at w...
52.4K 937 79
Kamado y/n is a boy who lost his parents becous of grimm attack and was adopted by a former huntsman known as Urokodaki Sakonji and was trained by hi...
317 0 4
The story will follow a young man who, unfortunately, finds himself in a world he isn't familiar with, having no explanation or memory as to how he a...