Lucy Potter: Harry's little s...

Av Lizzy_FanficFan

The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living wit... Mer

Intro
Chapter 1: The Start of a Legend
Chapter 2: (Birthday) issues
Chapter 3: A Letter to a Potter
Chapter 4: Secrets & giants
Chapter 5: Vaults & Robes
Chapter 6: The truth
Chapter 7: Saying goodbye
Chapter 8: New terrain
Chapter 9: Life changes
Chapter 10: A shocking turn of events
Chalter 11: Hey you
Chapter 12: Go on!
Chapter 13: Live with it
Chapter 14: Dursleys and strange turns
Chapter 15: Reunited
Chapter 16: A Merry Little Christmas
Chapter 17: Hardships bring frienships
Chapter 18: Reunions are the best parties
~YEAR 2 IS COMING!!!~
Chapter 1: Summer of Magic
Chapter 2: Happy birthday
Chapter 3: The Trouble with House Elfs
Chapter 4: Friends from the Start
Chapter 5: The letters
Chapter 6: The floo trip
Chapter 7: Summer's end
Chapter 8: Different ways
Chapter 9: First day's always the hardest
Chapter 10: Friends make life better
Chapter 11: The try-outs
FC's
Chapter 12: Trick or Treat!
Chapter 13: Life After Halloween
Chapter 14: Quidditch Disasters
Chapter 15: Hospital secrets
Chapter 16: Moonlight troubles
Chapter 17: The Dueling Club
Chapter 18: Distractions needed!
Chapter 19: Simply investigating!
Chapter 20: Happy Valentine
Chspter 21: Without that one friend
Chapter 22: The big reveal
Chapter 23: The basilisk's lair
Chapter 24: The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 25: The Big Reveal pt. 2
Chapter 26: Power of Friendship
YEAR 3!!!
| year 3 | Chapter 1: Family is everything
| Year 3 | Chapter 2: The Great Escape
| Year 3 | Chapter 3: A place to stay
| Year 3 | Chapter 4: Summertime (Sadness)
| Year 3 | Chapter 5: Back to school
| Year 3 | Chapter 6: What're friends for, huh?
| Year 3 | Chapter 7: The whole teaching thing
| Year 3 | Chapter 9: The hippogriff
| Year 3 | Chapter 10: The unprofessional teacher
| Year 3 | Chapter 11: Panic Room
| Year 3 | Chapter 12: The light in dark times
| Year 3 | Chapter 13: The match
| Year 3 | Chapter 14: Halloween & Co
| Year 3 | Chapter 15: The verdict
| Year 3 | Chapter 16: The History of Sirius Black
| Year 3 | Chapter 17: The horror of betrayal
| Year 3 | Chapter 18: The darker future
|Year 3 | Chapter 19: Drinks before doom

| Year 3 | Chapter 8: Daddy Issues vs. Furry Little Problems

281 5 2
Av Lizzy_FanficFan

Lucy's POV:

"So, who can give me another good example of a defensive spell?" When he looks around the classroom and spots me, I give Moony a thumbs-up. The class is almost over now, but I can see how easily he's drawn people in.

"We've already covered Disarming, but there's so many other great defensive spells."

"I read about this one spell," Marley responds. The entire class turns to her, wide-eyed. Marley never says anything in class except when she's asked a direct ques- tion. "I think it's called Protego. It's not exactly big, but it creates a shield around you."

"Excellent suggestion and knowledge, 10 points for Gryffindor!" Remus, or rather professor Lupin says.

All of our classmates start whispering, probably about Marley or how she earned points. I don't give a damn about the house points, but when I make eyecontact with Marley, I send her an encouraging smile.

Marley however, blushes and turns in on herself again. One of the Hufflepufs we share this class with, puts up his hand.

"Last question for today," Remus nods to the student.

"What kind of spells would I need to use if I were to cross a murderer?" The class goes dead quiet the moment the question was out there. Remus doesn't respond and I notice how uncomfortable he looks.

"You won't," I tell the boy, so everyone turns to me. "Sirius Black isn't here, is he? Besides, we're second years, we wouldn't be able to do that stuff yet."

"He could come to Hogwarts," another Huf- flepuf suggests, almost as if he wants that to happen. "Then we might."

"Breaking into Hogwarts isn't something you can just do, Samuel." Liliana speaks up this time. When our eyes meet, she smiles, she understands what I'm doing. This bell better come quickly.

"He's literally broken out of Azkaban!" Another boy I know to be Zacharias Smith interveins. "It's not supposed to be easy to break out of there either, is it?"

I suppress an annoyed sigh, but I have to say, I never liked this guy. He's annoying, whiney and a bit mean. In fact, he's commented on my looks (my scars) quite a few times and not in a nice way.

"Easy now everyone," Remus calls for peace. "I'm sure this won't happen. If you're really worried though, feel free to stop by my office any time. Or your Head of House, of course."

At that moment, the bells rings and we're off. "I can't believe some of those badgers," Ginny exclaims, not bothering to keep her voice down. "They're not even involved in this! And aren't they supposed to be the nice ones? And they could've stopped when they saw Professor Lupin's reaction!"

"That is a common misunderstanding." We all turn to find that Luna has joined us on our way to Herbology, which we share with the Ravenclaws. "Hufflepufs aren't neces- sarily nice. Thry're loyal and patient and hard workers. Not per se nice, even though a lot of them are very kind indeed."

"Right you are Luna," Marley smiles content at the blonde. "But a lot of people get that wrong. Especially Gryffindors."

"And that is a huge generalization," I smirk at Marley, who then rolls her eyes at my witty comeback. "I didn't think of them as nice for example and I'm a Gryffindor. Not to mention that you are a Gryffindor too!"

"That's different," Marley mutters. "Most of my family is in Hufflepuf. At least, the still living part of it is."

"What do you mean by that?" Vanessa frowns, her curiosity seemingly awakened. "Who died?"

"All of my mom's side of the family really," Marley doesn't look like she struggles much with it, but I know that doesn't mean that that's actually true. "They were murdered in the War."

I have way more in common with Marley than I ever thought. In ways I'd never wish we were alike. I put a hand on her shoulder as a sign that I'm here if she needs it. I tend to get overwhelmed or annoyed when people show me pity.

"I never knew that!" Liliana fully turns to Marley now. "How did we not know that?"

"Cause I never told you," Marley stated and to my surprise, she doesn't sound the least bit affected or small. She sounds almost in- different, I realise.

"That must be so hard for you and your mom," Vanessa tries to approach it, but with one look at Marley, I know she doesn't want to talk about it.

"Guys, we're gonna be late for Herbology," I change the subject. Liliana and Ginny are about to protest when they see the look on my face and stop as well.

"Thanks," Marley whispers as soon as we're outside, on our way to the greenhouses.

"No problem."

Later that day, I go up to the Black Lake with Luna. We often meet there, because we both love how calm it is and still beautiful. So damn beautiful.

"I never knew about Marley's mom," I say, before realising it's quite out of the blue.

We're lying in the grass, just a few feet from the Lake, both looking up at the sky. It's one of my favourite things: this peace and calm around us. No complicated conversations or worrying, just the simplicity of being here with Luna.

"I did," Luna perks up, her gaze never wavering from the sky. "We talk a lot about it, actually. I tell her about my mom and she talks about hers and her aunts and uncles."

"Did Mrs. Diggory have many siblings?"

"Yes, the McKinnon family was quite large. I'd compare it to the Weasley family now."

I had no idea about that. I dawns on me how I really don't know so much about Marley, even though she's been my friend for a year now. Not like she knows much about me either, except my family.

And even about that, she knows less than she realises. Than anyone here knows, except Harry.

"Felicity even had a twin sister," Luna carries on talking. It's almost as if she does not even realise she's talking to me any- more. "But she was killed too, with the rest of her family."

"I can't imagine what it must've felt like for her to lose her twin." I think about what it would be like to lose Harry. I've already lost my parents, grandparents all of my family except him and an aunt, uncle and cousin. And all of them hate me. I think I'd go mad if I had to lose Harry too.

That's why Harry is always so protective. I've known that for a long time, but some- times it just... hits me.

"I've always wanted a sibling," Luna sudden- ly mentions, ever so calm. "Especially after seeing you and your brother. You two are the type of siblings I've always wanted to be."

"It can be a bit annoying," I warn her, look- ing at her solemnly. "But it's also really good I guess. He's always there for me, doesn't judge me, knows me better than anyone too..."

"I've seen how worried he is when you're in the hospital wing." I freeze at the mention and try to look into her thoughts. "Worry like that can only come from truly caring. He cares more about you than anyone else."

And I'm so scared... I can't figure out if she knows.
*~*

Harry's POV:

"That was amazing!" Ron exclaims as we walk out of the classroom. Everyone agrees enthusiastically, even Hermione, who usually prefers the theoretical approach. However, I can't seem to be in such high spirits.

Why did he skip me?

Then again, I gotta admit that he was pretty cool. And hey, at least he's not trying to off me in any way, right?

As we're walking back to the Great Hall for lunch, we find my sister, Ginny, Liliana and Vanessa, along with their dorm mate whose name I keep forgetting. Than again, I've never actually even heard her speak, let alone spoken to her.

"We just had Lupin's class!" Ron instantly booms, beaming like an excited toddler. Hermione rolls her eyes and I have to sup- press a laugh. "He's the best! I just got over my fear of spiders!"

"Really? There's a spell for that kind of stuff?" Liliana questions. "Bummer, I could use that!"

"I'm pretty sure that's not how a boggart works Ron," Hermione remarks. Now it's Ron's turn to roll his eyes.

"So you liked his class, then?" Lucy inquires, looking at me, Ron, Hermione, Dean, Seam- us and Neville. "That's great! So did we. He's really good."

"Yeah, he's definitely our best DADA teacher yet!" Hermione agrees as she nods enthus- iatic. "I really think he could prepare us well for our end-of-year exams. I've been really worried about that, since we missed last year's!"

"Not to mention how horrible our teacher was," Ginny adds. I share a look with Ron and he snorts, gives Hermione a triumphant look. Hermione's cheeks turn pink.

"I see you're easily satisfied!" We all turn around. I can barely contain a scoff at the sneering blond coming up to us. "He's not that amazing, you gotta admit."

"Really? Which DADA professor was better then?" Lucy is glaring daggers at Malfoy. Some Slytherins back away slightly and a sense of pride washes over me for it.

"Quirell was alright," Malfoy challanges, causing us Gryffindors to laugh. "What? It's better than this creep."

"What makes you think he's a creep?!"

"Lucy," I hear Liliana whisper to her. "Stop it. You're only making things worse for yourself!"

"Well, it does make me wonder." Malfoy is smirking now, that is never a good sign. "If now not only you, but he too, has those ugly stripes, are they maybe catching? Should I be wearing a mask?"

"SHUT UP MALFOY!" I am about to curse his butt off, but Vanessa beats me to it. "Just shut up already! No one cares about your bloody daddy issues!"

The crowd surrounding whistles and Malfoy goes pink. "You're one to talk, filthy mudblo- od!"

Well, guess he should never have said that. Vanessa Wilson is one of our most liked students and every Gryffindor, helped by some Hufflepufs and Ravenclaws even, shot curses at him.

When he finally gets up, sneering at the girl again, he's about to say another thing. How- ever, he is stopped when Lucy stalks towards him and punches him right in the jaw.

"Never insult my best friend like that again Blonde Junior. I won't be this nice next time."

"Miss Potter!" The crowd quickly dissolves at the sound of an adult nearing us. It's Snape unfortunately and he does not look happy. "What do you think you're doing? Detention and come with me, right. This. Instant!"

Anger boils inside me, but there's really nothing anyone can do about it. "I thought he liked Lucy," Ginny whispers to Vanessa and Liliana. I thought so too.

*

Lucy got detention from Snape, which is rid- iculous, so now we're all sitting around in the Common Room doing our own thing. And it's boring as hell. Hermione seems to be the only one appreciating the quiet, as she's trying to soldier through her giant amount of homework.

Ron is tending to Scabbers, giving it medi- cation, Lucy's friends are all chatting, Fred and George disappeared and Seamus and Dean are playing Gobstones.

And I'm bored put of my mind, sitting here, not knowing what to do. I could go play Quidditch, maybe. But no, the weather is terrible tonight and I'd prefer not to get ill.

My mind keeps going back to Lupin's class. Why didn't he let me have a go with that bog- gart? Does he think I'm too weak or some- thing?

"Who?" Ron perks up, confusion all over his face. I didn't mean to say that out loud.

"Oh for God's sake Harry," Hermione res- ponds, reappearing from behind a stack of books. "If it's really that important to you, why don't you just go ask?"

"Ask who?" Ginny asked out of nowhere.

"And what?" Ron seems to be getting more confused.

Without answering the questions, I nod and get to my feet. "Y'know what, you're right." And without looking back, I leave the Com- mon Room, in search for Professor Lupin.

*~*

Lucy's POV:

Snape's detention was terrible: he made me scrub all of his classroom. Which would've been fine, if the floor and kettles weren't covered in toxic and disgusting potions that make me sick.

I don't understand his sudden change this year: he seemed to tolerate me before, so why did he start hating me now?

I'm about to go see Remus in his office, when I run into Harry. "Hello there, brother dearest. What're you up to?"

Harry shrugs. "Nothing much I guess? What are you doing?"

I already open my mouth to answer, but I restrain myself and change my mind. Maybe it's good to hang with Harry for a bit now. He's usually with Ron and Hermione, so it's rarely just the two of us anymore. Not that I mind, or that I'm jealous, but he's still my brother and in a way, my best friend too.

"Depends. Wanna go get a snack?" Harry frowns, but before he can ask, I'm already making my way to the end of the hall, pul- ling him along with me.

"Where'd you wanna get a snack Lu?"

"From the kitchens, duh!" I look at him over my shoulder. He still doesn't understand what I'm talking about. I smirk at his con- fused face, but he doesn't seem to find it all that funny. "Lu, where are we going? What do you mean?"

"Ok, wait right here. I'll be back in a minute!" I leave Harry around the corner and walk up to the painting with all the fruit on it. He's not secretly looking, so I quickly tickle the pear (what a weird thing is that) and I step into the kitchens.

"Miss Potter!" I'm immediately greeted by Skippy, on of the house elfs, upon my arrival. Skippy already loves me and my friends

"Skippy, how're you doing?"

Skippy is a huge enthusiast in almost everything she does, so she basically starts reciting her entire summer to me while she helps others fetch me some food. I've already heard all about her summer from last time I was here, which is 2 days ago, but I let her talk.

I can't help admiring the happiness she feels over the simplest things in life. I have never been much of a 'happy person' myself. I know my life isn't an easy one, or one that could make me feel absolute happiness, but I am not a liar: a house elf's life is no fun either, even with a semi-good family to serve. And yet, house elfs seem to be content at all times and grateful even to serve even the harshest of people. And I can't help admiring that a little bit.

In the end, the house elfs decided on giving me two pieces of cake: one red velvet, one chocolate. I thanked all of them and went back to Harry.

"How'd you get these?" Harry asks me as we're walking back through the quiet and now peaceful halls of Hogwarts.

"I told you!" I roll my eyes playfully at him. "I went to the kitchens and got thwm there! I claim chocolate!" Without waiting for his response, I snatch the chovolate flavoured cake away from my brother, just before he can put it in his mouth.

"Oy, I was eating that!"

"Well, now I am. Thanks brother dearest!"

"That's not fair!"

"I know. Life's a bitch!" I love these innocent little bickering-like talks I sometimes have with him. It's more teasing than antyhing else really. And we haven't done it in a while: we are always too busy worrying about each other or some situation.

"What do you say we pull a little prank on Ron?" I've suggested it before I've even had a chance to think about what I'm thinking.

Harry stops abruptly in his tracks, searches my eyes. "You wanna pull a prank with... me?"

"Are you nuts? Of course!" I laugh at his stunned face. "Oh my God, I thought you'd never ask!"

He snorts and shoves my shoulder playfully as we continue walking back to the Com- mon Room, trying to come up with some- thing.

Something hillarious.

_____________________________________________

A/N:

I'm sorry for the long wait! I was on holiday and I didn't have internet, so I couldn't write or update this. I hope you're all doing well, hope you still like this story.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

605K 16.1K 112
"Darling, Quiet. Don't want to be caught now do we?" Y/n Bardot, a troubled girl swallowed in desires, problems and potential. She craves nothing mor...
3.1K 45 54
"This is the student you will be tutoring. I trust you will get his grades up in a short amount of time." "No worries, Professor, you can count on m...
402K 15.7K 132
'And he's the best fuck that ever walked. He's beautiful - rich, in money and everything else; he's a rockstar to boot, trapped in the body of a figh...
112K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...