Deadly Duo | obx

By befletcher_

Three people. One list. Or Two people. One list. Or One person. One list "I had a big nightmare," Pope says... More

Cast
Pogues Instagram
Prologue
Chapter 01 | First
1.5 | First pt.2
Chapter 02 | He was easy*
Chapter 03 | She was a sister
3.5 | Instagram
Chapter 04 | In the middle
4.5 | In the middle pt.2
Chapter 05 | I hated her anyways
Chapter 06 | Best friend
6.5 | Best Friend pt.2
Chapter 07 | Annoying
Chapter 08 | Didn't love me
Chapter 09 | I can't do it
09| I can't do it pt.2*

Chapter 10 | Abuser

11 1 0
By befletcher_

SATURDAY MORNING
JJ'S POV

Rolling over to face Sofia, I already catch her looking at me. "Creeper over here," I say, pulling her in closer and going to give her a kiss but she swerves it. "I have morning breath I can't."

"Sof we are married now I wan't to be able to kiss you in the morning. Bad breath and all. Plus I think we have done worse," I wink, causing her to giggle.

"What's the plan for today?" Sofia asks and I know she won't like it but I have to go. "I was planning on seeing my dad," I pause, waiting for something to happen. "Why?" There it is.

"He's still my dad no matter how much I hate him, I need to make sure he's okay. Plus I need more clothes." I know she won't like it but I have to go at least one last time before cutting him off for good.

"Only way I'm letting you go is if I go with you. I can stay in the truck if you want but I wan't to make sure he won't try anything," Sofia goes to wrap her arms around my waist, placing her head on my chest.

"Okay," I kiss the top of her head as we fall into conversation until it's time to get up.

__________

"Lock the truck," JJ says, going to place a kiss on Sofia's cheek. After locking the truck, Sofia gets impatient since it's now been around ten minutes.

Leaving the truck, Sofia goes around the corner to the door. Before she enters, a loud bang is heard. Grabbing the closest thing she could find, she clutches it in her hand and goes into the house.

Almost getting knocked over by a heavy body, Sofia grunts and hits the wall. "Sof what the hell, I told you to stay in the truck!" JJ yells with a big bruise appearing on his face. "Sorry I was worried about you," she rolls her eyes.

"So youre the little slut that took my JJ away from me huh?" Luke says from the ground. Getting up and coming towards her, Sofia hits him with the weapon. Dropping it, she walks out of the house and slams the truck shut, waiting for JJ.

Finally coming out all bloody, JJ starts the truck and the two drive in silence. "I killed him."

__________

SUNDAY AFTERNOON

A pounding on the door awakes everyone in the house. "Did any of you expect visitors today?" Sofia questions Rafe, Quinn, and JJ on the couch. A splurge of no's erupts from all of them as the knocking gets louder and louder. Getting frustrated, Sofia grains and goes to open the door.

At the door were police officers. "Can I help you?" Sofia asked, rubbing her eyes. "Is everyone home?" The officer asked. "Yeah," Sofia barely manages to get out before they come barging in. "Okay come in I guess," she mutters under her breath.

The four sit in their pajamas, in front of a bunch of officers. Nothing is said for a while until someone speaks up. "Why are you here man?" JJ asks.

"Sofia Flores, Rafe Cameron, and JJ Maybank. You three are under arrest for the murders of John Routledge, Kiara Carrera, Topper Thorton, Rose Cameron, John Booker Routledge, Pope Heyward, Luke Maybank. As well as Sarah Cameron, Wheezie Cameron, and Ward Cameron all commiting suiside."

"What!" Quinn shoots up from the couch, looking like a crazy woman. "There has to be some sort of misunderstanding," she looks between the three people she knows getting taken away from her.

"Anyting you say or do can and will be held against you," the officer says, gesturing his head to the other two officers putting cuffs on the three. "Officer please there has to be a mistake this can't be true!" Quinn yells over and over again.

"It will be okay Quinn," Rafe tries to calm her down but it only makes it worse. "Calm down! Rafe, how can I calm down when the only people I know are getting arrested right in front of me!"

Stepping as close as she can before the officer moves Rafe closer to him, she gets close enough so only the two of them will hear, "I just got you, I can't lose you already," she says with a tear slipping down.

Trying to wipe it away, he can't. Struggling against the cuffs, Rafe tries to get free just to touch her one last time, but before he can, the officers take all three away with Quinn running after them.

Dragging them all in the car, the officer turns around to face a very teary eyed Quinn. "We will contact you with the trail date soon," and then he's off. Dropping to the ground, a sobbing mess, all Quinn does for the rest of the day is sit in the same spot.

No matter how long it takes, she will get them back.

__________

MONDAY MORNING
DAY OF TRIAL

QUINN'S POV

I feel like I'm shitting bricks. I hate everything about today. I feel lied to by the people I loved the most and called my family. I feel dumb that I was living with killers the whole time and didn't notice.

But I also don't feel anything at all. Most times I feel numb. For the remainder of yesterday I just sat outside not doing anything even when it started raining. It felt like if I moved my body would betray me and give out.

And now I'm here in this courtroom waiting for the trail to happen. I just can't believe they killed this many people and got away with it for so long. Maybe they know my parents. I don't have time to think about all this as I watch the three come out one by one.

I know I only saw them yesterday, but it feels like a lifetime. I didn't realize how sad and empty it feels to be by yourself. I got so used to someone always being around me now, but just like everything else in my life, it's gone and got taken away from me.

"Sofia Flores, JJ Maybank, and Rafe Cameron, please stand," the judge says, silencing the probably ten others in the room right now. From what I can assume, Kie's parents are here as well as Popes and maybe a few others but I don't recognize them.

I block out what the judge has to say for a good 90 percent of the trial until they get to how long they have to serve and how much bail will be. "You three are sentenced to life and bail will be three million," the judge hits the gavel concluding the trial.

I know to life means at least twenty years but I don't have three million to just spend like that. I don't even have five dollars to my name. I watch them get dragged away and this might be the last time that I'll ever see them.

I don't necessarily want to visit murders but I might have to if I want answers on a lot of stuff. Maybe next week I will see them if I'm up to it.

__________

SATURDAY AFTERNOON
QUINN'S POV

It's finally the day I get my answers and then I won't see these people or Outer Banks ever again. I used to like this place but now? I hate it. Paradise on Earth my ass, more like hell on Earth.

As the officer buzzes me in, I make my way down the hall to where the visitation room is. Once I see them, I stop. Suddenly, I don't know if I can do this. I was so confident when I was coming over here but not anymore.

Now I feel scared and like I will regret this. I can't think like that though. So I make my way over to the table they are sitting at and cross my arms.

"Why?" I don't know why I'm asking why but it just felt right to me. "Why what?" Rafe asks me. Hearing his voice makes me feel safe and at home, but this is far from home. Why am I still feeling this way for people who killed innocent people.

"Why did you guys do it," I say as bluntly as possible. I need to know why before I get to the part about my parents.

"I did it because of my parents. You know my mom died because of the drunk driver. Ward and Rose hate me and I want my revenge." Rafe.

"My dad. He abused me even before we came to OBX and my mom did nothing about it so I killed them to save myself. Until I realized they didnt die the first time, so we did it again." Sofia.

"Mine is close to Sofia's. Dad abused me, mom walked out after she gave birth, blah blah blah I only killed him once he said something about Sofia."
JJ.

"We all had a motive at one point or another so that's why we did it. To get back at this stupid place," Sofia says.

This is harder than I thought for some reason. I need to get out as soon as I can so I need to skip all the little questions and get straight into the big one.

"My parents did this as well but then they died. They were Ana and Ben Platt. Why did they do it?" I see them all tense at the name and that makes me more uneasy than I was not even thirty seconds ago.

"They were the most famous killers in the buisnesses. Our boss killed them and took all the power. Rumor has it they started to make sure when they had you, you were safe from everyone who was out to get them," JJ tells me.

If I wasn't confused I sure am now, but I can't take being in here much longer so I think this is all I can do now. The only question for myself is if I can stay here anymore. This place really makes you want revenge I guess.

"That's all I want. I don't know if I will come back to visit so don't expect me to. I want this to be the first and last visit here and I never want to see any of you ever again," I tell them which may seem harsh but I know if I see them again I'll cave and go right back. I need to do this for myself. Closing the end of this rollercoaster chapter and starting another one with new characters.

"Visiting hours are over so wrap it up," the security guard says to the room. I start to get up when Rafe grabs my hand. My heart starts racing, I know it shouldn't but it does and I can't help it.

"I love you." I love you. I Love You. I LOVE YOU. Those words have been on the tip of my tongue for the longest time now. I was going to tell him this week but I guess the world doesn't want me to be happy.

I didn't want my first (and probably last) I love you to be when visiting hours are over at a jail cell. It's like I can't break away from his hold no matter how hard I try. I don't think I'm trying that hard but still.

I can't take my eyes off him. I know everyone else is leaving. I can feel the room get empty but I can't remove myself from his hold. Call me crazy for falling for a killer, and falling so fast, but I don't care. I want to tell him I love him back so badly but I feel like if I say something I will regret it so bad.

"Ma'am I'm going to have to ask you to leave," the guard says, breaking me out of the trance Rafe put me in. Trying to let go, all he does is hold my hand tighter every time I try to leave.

"I'm sorry," I whisper to him as he finally drops my hand. It's taking everything in me not to turn around and run into his arms, but I can't and I won't ever see him again.

OBX isn't healthy for me and I need to get out asap. So if this is the last time you get to see me, I'll miss you and maybe if it's meant to be there will be a new book. With new characters, new plot, and a new and better me.

I guess it's time to go back to where I was before Sofia found me and act like this was all a bad dream.

__________

20 YEARS LATER

It's like life is back to normal in Outer Banks. Quinn left for good and nobody knows where she went. Rafe, JJ, and Sofia are free and on probation. Other than that life has been quiet.

Nobody has heard from their boss in the time that they have been gone so maybe they are finally free.

__________

Dear Rafe,

It's me, Quinn.

20 years ago I went to visit you in jail because you killed people. Then you told me that you loved me before it was time to go and I didn't say it back.

I knew if I did that I wouldn't leave OBX and would wait for you, but I couldn't put myself through that. The whole point of me writing this is to say I love you.

You haven't left my mind, but I'm hoping that once I write and send this out I won't feel anything for you anymore and it will just be a memory the two of us shared together.

I don't really know what to say. I had this whole speech in my head but I've been sitting here for a good hour writing this much so...
Goodbye Rafe. I hope you have moved on or are trying to like I am.

L̶o̶v̶e̶, From,
Quinn

⋘ Deadly duo ⋙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 569 53
'What do you want Rafe?', JJ says defeatedly. 'Listen I don't have much but I'll get you anything. Anything you want if you just let her go' Rafe ju...
978 38 20
You didn't want to love him but you did. He wasn't what you had always believed him to be growing up, now you see the real him Rafe Cameron and you c...
3.5K 10 25
Her life looks so good. She's got everything she wants in her life. The love of her life is everything to her and she shows it, but she forgets the d...
1.6K 68 19
ι ωαѕ ѕυρρσѕє∂ тσ нαтє нιм. нє яυιиє∂ му gυιтαя αи∂ ∂ι∂и'т єνєи αρσℓσgιzє. вυт нσω ¢σмє нє мαкєѕ мє fєєℓ ѕαfє. нσω ¢σмє ι нανє тнє вєѕт тιмє ωнєи ι'м...