Deadly Duo | obx

By befletcher_

Three people. One list. Or Two people. One list. Or One person. One list "I had a big nightmare," Pope says... More

Cast
Pogues Instagram
Prologue
Chapter 01 | First
1.5 | First pt.2
Chapter 02 | He was easy*
Chapter 03 | She was a sister
3.5 | Instagram
Chapter 04 | In the middle
4.5 | In the middle pt.2
Chapter 05 | I hated her anyways
Chapter 06 | Best friend
6.5 | Best Friend pt.2
Chapter 07 | Annoying
Chapter 08 | Didn't love me
09| I can't do it pt.2*
Chapter 10 | Abuser

Chapter 09 | I can't do it

12 1 0
By befletcher_

kevinesmiamorr

BIG MAN: Pope Heyward. Tonight.
Sofia, this is all you.

__________

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

"What do you mean they know?" Sofia questions, very loudly making Rafe and JJ shush her. "Do you want the two people in the living room to know what we do?" Rafe asked, Sofia shaking her head no.

"Did you guys see what Cleo texted, or whoever big man is now?" JJ asked, showing his phone for the other two to see.

"Why me?" Sofia paces. "I could have done anyone else but I can't to him," Sofia cries, as the two men wrap themselves around Sofia. "Do you guys realize if we kill him, all our friends beside Quinn will be dead?"

"Hello," Rafe breaks apart and waves to the two, "what about me?" "Well obviously but like pouge wise I guess," Sofia says. Breaking apart, Sofia pulls herself together and the three agree to go back out and face the two they left in the dark.

Going back, Pope and Quinn lay together on the couch, watching a movie completely unaware of the three behind them.

"Awwwww," JJ says, as the two quickly pull apart, the room very silent now. Sofia smacks the back of JJ's head. "Oww," he complains, rubbing the back of it.

"Suck it up," Sofia says, placing a kiss on his cheek and going to sit down. "Hey Sof?" Pope asks. "Hmm?" "Can I stay over tonight? My parents won't be home until Sunday."

"You don't have to ask to stay over, Pope, you're welcome anytime," Sofia says, giving him a soft smile.

"Do you have any wraps? I wanna make a sandwich," Quinn asked as JJ shook his head. "I think I used the last one a few days ago, sorry." "I need to go to the store anyways today so I can go now if you want," Sofia says, already putting her shoes on.

"Can you just drop me off back home so I can get my stuff?" Pope asked. Nodding her head, the two get ready to go. Rafe stands up, stretching, "I'm gonna head out for a little bit," Rafe says. "I'm going to the store as well with you two. Need to get more beers," JJ says, winking at Sofia.

Quinn on the other hand stays silent. "I might just go far a walk, you know, get some fresh air," she says awkwardly. Even though Quinn has been with the group for a while now, sometimes she feels like she doesn't fit in all the time. The only reason she is there is because of Sofia.

"Why don't you come with me?" Rafe asked. "It will be better than going to the grocery store, I can bet you that," Rafe adds on, making her laugh. "I love the grocery store," Quinn exclaims. "But I kinda wanna know where you are going," she adds.

"Then let's go," Rafe motions for Quinn to hurry up so they can leave. Pope, Sofia, and JJ are already gone, it just left the two of them alone.

__________

QUINN'S POV

Holy shit this is so exciting. I have never ridden on a motorcycle before and boy can I say how exhilarating it is. If I knew how to ride one, I would be on it all damn day. With Rafe it feels so different and fun.

I think I'm just making this all up, but I feel like things have changed between us since he moved in. We have been talking more, he's been hanging out with me, alone might I add. We have these conversations I feel like I can't have with anyone else.

I didn't realize I started thinking about him in this way until I had to get on his bike and wrap my arms around him. I'm knocked out of whatever trance I was in when Rafe stops the bike near this trail.

"Where are we?" I ask, getting off but losing my balance, causing Rafe to catch me. At this point I am a panting mess with me in his arms. We haven't broken eye contact in what felt like ages, and I swear I saw him look down at my lips. That made me lick them and he looked again.

Clearing his throat, he pulls me away until I'm standing on my own again. "Thank you for not letting me fall," I say, trying to look at the scenery around us so I don't have to look at him. "I coudn't have you fall now could I?" He winked at me.

Oh my fucking goodness he WINKED at me. It got extra hot outside all of a sudden, especially down there you know...

"I'm taking you to a spot I haven't told anybody before," he says, taking my hand in his. "Not even JJ or Soifa?" I asked, trying to forget we are holding hands. I'm sure they are a sweaty mess right now.

"Nobody at all," is all he says, and I take that as my cue to change the topic. "How did you meet JJ and Sofia since kooks and pogues, whatever that means, don't mix?" I don't know if that's a sensitive topic or not but, I'm just curious.

"Most of how we met is their story to tell, but I can say it was when I was ten and they were eight," he says, which makes me have more questions but I don't push for the sake of everyone's privacy.

After more random conversations, we make it to this cliff, still holding hands might I add. But this view is beautiful. It looks like something straight out of a painting. All you see are mountains in the distance, flowers under the cliff, a swing right next to us as well as a tree. I can see why he comes here.

"This place is beautiful," I say looking at him, but noticed he was already looking at me. "It's my favorite place to be," he says, pulling me to the little swing under the tree. Wrapping his arm around me like we do this all the time, we just sit and admire the view.

"My mom used to take me here all the time you know," he says, still looking at the view in front of us. "She died when I was five years old," Rafe stops and I rub my thumb over his hand. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," I suggest because I would hate for him to have unwanted memories.

"No, I need to tell someone about this," he says, squeezing my hand a little too hard but I don't say anything.

"She got hit by a drunk driver with me in the car. I feel like it was my fault. She would always take me here when it got to be too much at home and it could be just the two of us. Before she died, I was told not to look for her in the sunsets, but for a tree. This tree has been here since she died. After mom died, Ward got violent twords me and me only. I was seven by this time and getting full beatings," he stops to collect himself. I didn't even realize his arms were wrapped around me, but I just rubbed my hands up and down his arms.

"I would come here everyday when everyone was sleeping and talk to the little sprout of a tree before it turned into this. A few weeks ago I brought a bunch of stuff up here and buried it right next to her so she won't forget me. She always smelled like lavender, so did Sarah who you would have loved. They were here the last time I was up here. Now I just have to wait for Wheezie."

I don't realize I'm crying until I feel a tear hit my lips. "There is so much more I wanted to tell you, I really did but I can't right now," Rafe says, pulling away from me.

"It's okay," I say, getting rid of the tears he has on his face. Keeping my hands on his face, we just stay like that for a while. "Thank you for telling me," I whispered to him, letting my hands drop. "I want to tell you my story but I don't know if I can right now," I tell him because it's true. I want to say a lot but if I try to say anything I will freeze.

"You can talk when you're ready. No rush," Rafe says, which makes me feel even more comfortable around him. "Can we stay for a few more minutes? I'm not ready to go back," I ask. Eventually I smell lavender after being here for an extra half an hour.

"They're here," I hear Rafe whisper as he laces our fingers together again ready to take off.

__________

POPE'S POV

"Thank's for taking me to my house to get stuff," I tell Sofia, once I get back in the car. We just got back from the store after JJ complained the whole time even though he was the one who wanted to come with us.

"Anytime. You know if you ever need something you can tell me and I'll be there," she says with a smile that makes me smile. Sofia has a tendency to do that to anyone she meets.

You could be having a shit day and one smile or dad joke from her will make you feel better for the rest of the day. She hasn't been around as much as she used to since all the incidents.

I get it though, we were all starting to drift apart if we realized it or not. I think this summer was meant to be the last summer we had together forever. I mean, Sofia and JJ got married for fucks sake.

It was bound to happen since we all were in senior year, even JJ which I think the teachers just felt bad so they kept passing him so he could leave with the rest of us.

Even though the pogues aren't together anymore, they will always be in my heart. We kinda have a new group, sorta. If you want to count Quinn and Rafe as a new edition. I'm still a lot confused on how these two came into their life, but I learned not to ask questions here.

Pulling into the driveway, we see Rafe's bike in the driveway, meaning he and Quinn are home. I actually really like Quinn, not in the like like way, but as a friend. She's in all my AP classes somehow which is nice because I feel like I can be myself around her. Plus she is my only friend in those classes.

Getting out of the car, I put my stuff on the floor next to the couch. I don't think Sofia ever expected to have everyone at her house. Rafe also sleeps on the couch so I got my sleeping bag in case. Quinn has her own room which used to be the guest room. JJ obviously sleeps with Sofia.

I think I might get the couch all to myself tonight because I heard Rafe might be in Quinns room. Hopefully that's true because I'm still not over the fact that Rafe beat me with a golf club with Topper.

Sofia needs to hurry up and turn that office nobody uses into another bedroom.

Making myself at home, I get ready for bed. Soon enough I feel sleep take me over and I'm out like a light for the rest of the night.

__________

SOFIA'S POV

I can't do it. Pope, aka my target of the night is sleeping like a baby on my couch. I never thought it would be so hard. Hell, if I thought watching Kie drown was hard, I can't imagine what this will feel like.

I silently tiptoe into the kitchen and go into the drawer to get a knife. Clinging it to my chest, I slowly made my way over to him. Standing there, towering over him, I realize I can't do it right now.

"Go to sleep Sofia," I whisper to myself. Maybe if I get sleep I will be in a better mindset to do this and make everyone proud. For once in my life anyways.

__________

RAFE'S POV

I like Quinn.

There, I said it.

I never thought I would say it, but I think us talking about what we did today made me realize my feelings for her. And now I get to sleep in the same room as her. I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse.

__________

Finally working up the courage to do it, Sofia slowly goes back into the living room with the knife and keeps it hidden. Standing over Pope, she waits for him to wake up, which isn't long considering he wakes up panting like he just ran a marathon.

"Pope are you okay? What's wrong?" Sofia asked, wanting to seem completely normal. "I had a big nightmare," Pope says, slowly removing the blanket. "What was it?" Sofia questioned, keeping her hands behind her back.

"All our friends died," he said with tears, but not letting them fall. It was a dream, was what Pope kept repeating to himself.

"You sure that was a nightmare Pope and it wasn't real?" Sofia says, holding the knife at Pope. Trembling on the couch, Pope opens his mouth to scream but Sofia quickly puts her hand over it, the knife grazing his neck.

"Shh," she whispers in his ear. "I don't want to do this Pope, trust me. But if I don't I die and so do JJ and Rafe," Sofia said, pulling away from him. "So are you going to do it?" Pope looks into Sofia's eyes, waiting for an answer.

Pulling the knife up in the air, Sofia and Pope both closed their eyes, awaiting death, but it never comes. Opening his eyes, he sees a trembling Sofia with the knife shaking in her hand. "I can't do it Pope, I just can't," she says, dropping the knife.

"It's okay Sof, I forgive you," Pope stands up and wraps his arms around her in a tight hug. Sniffling, she pulls away from the hug. "What do you mean you forgive me Pope! I literally almost killed you!"

"You had to do what you had to do okay? It's either you, JJ, and Rafe die, or I die. I would rather much it be me than the three of you," Pope pulls her in again, this time not letting go. The two stayed like that for what feels like forever, but in reality it was only a minute or two.

Finally pulling away from each other, Pope cups her cheeks and removes the tears from Sofia's eyes. "Whatever happens tomorrow happens okay?" Pope whispers as Sofia nods her head. "Just remember that I love you no matter what. If one of us goes, we will find the pouges again because we will always be with each other right here," Pope points to his heart.

Pulling him in for one last hug, they go back to bed.

The next morning, Pope was dead with a note.

Dear Sofia,

    Since you couldn't do a simple job I took care of it for you. See you soon my love <3
    Don't forget I will get you back soon if it's the last thing I do.

Love,
Blake (Boss was mad so I had to get in the good graces by doing what you couldn't)

⋘ Deadly duo ⋙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 343 13
Y/N just moved to the Outer Banks with her aunt after her mother's death, she's never been there only few weeks at summer but never got along with no...
59.6K 1.1K 46
Raven Routledge might've been the younger sister of John B, she was a kook at heart, she loved the fancy things, and she got those fancy things, Topp...
200 3 4
"And that's Eiza... Oh, Eiza, she's a wave a fresh air. Came here one day not knowing anything from the OBX and now, she hangs out with us, said we'r...