MINE | l. scott

By okay_ig

❝𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳? 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵... More

DISCLAIMER
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡.
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭.
𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭.
𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬.
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞.
change || 1:1
superstar || 1:2
secondhand smoke || 1:7
invisble || 1:10
if this was a movie || 1:12
stay beautiful || 1:15
boy x || 1:16
you're on your own kid || 1:22
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐨.
forever winter || 2:10
that's when || 2:11
forever & always || 2:13
HIGHSCHOOL HEARTBREAK
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.
la di da || 3:4
afterglow || 3:8
the lakes || 3:9
heartfirst || 3:15
breathe || 3:17
new romantics || 3:18
it's nice to have a friend || 3:19
marjorie || 3:21
lover || 3:22
HEART IN YOUR HANDS
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.
sweet nothing || 4:1
half of my hometown || 4:9
everything i wanted || 4:10
timeless || 4:12

if the world was ending || 3:16

743 20 1
By okay_ig

now playing:

IF THE WORLD WAS ENDING
by : madelyn peters and jake jagelski

| II |

I know, you know, we know,
We weren't meant for each other and it's fine,
But if the world was ending, you'd come over right?

Madelyn walked with Brooke and Peyton down the hallway of the school. They froze when through the glass door, they saw Jimmy Edwards pointing a gun, directly toward them.

They ducked to the ground.

Screams rang out around the school as a shot rang out.

People started running in different directions. To a hiding place. Out of the school. Trying to get away.

But one person was too slow.

Outside the school, Brooke and Peyton were running.

"Madelyn!" They yelled out, looking for the girl they had lost in the stampeed. They ran right up to the bus where the basketball team was unloading.

Lucas, Nathan, and Whitey were the first ones out.

"What the hell?" Whitey looked around at the chaos in confusion.

"Hey?" Lucas grabbed onto the distraught Brooke, Peyton holding onto the brunette as well.

"Somebody has a gun inside and they're shooting!" Brooke explained.

"Haley!" Nathan immediately started calling out.

"My god! Everyone back on the bus!" Whitey directed.

"We lost Maddie, we don't know where she is," Peyton cried.

"I mean, she was right there and a shot went off and now she's gone," Brooke cried too.

"Look, w-wait, Maddie was shot?" Lucas questioned urgently.

"No. I don't know. She was right behind me!" Brooke yelled again. "We were by the library."

"Haley's in the tutor center," Nathan stated.

"All students on the bus! Code Red! Code Red!" Whitey exclaimed.

Lucas looked torn as Nathan ran back into the school. But Lucas pushed past Brooke and Peyton, following his brother, in the direction of the girls.

"Boys! Get back on that bus!"

You'd come over and you'd stay the night,
Would you love me for the hell of it?
All our fears would be irrelevant

._._._.

If the world was ending you'd come over,
Right?

The hallways were empty. Backpacks and papers thrown in a mess on the floor. Lucas and Nathan walked through the halls, metal bats clutched in their hands.

"Look, there's blood," Lucas pointed out. "Nate, it could be Madelyn."

"You don't know that," Nathan shook his head.

"Well, it's someone," Lucas reminded. "The library doors don't lock. They're not safe."

"Lucas, I have to find Haley," Nathan stated.

"And I have to find Madelyn."

The two slowly started walking in seperate directions.

"Nathan," Lucas called to him once more.

"Yeah, you too man," Nathan nodded at him.

The sky'd be falling and I'd hold you tight,
And there wouldn't be a reason why,
We would even have to say goodbye,

._._._.

I try to imagine, your reaction,
It didn't scare me when the earthquake happened,
But it really got me thinking,

Lucas quietly entered the library, looking over the shelves of books for someone. He slowly made his way between every shelf until he heard a noise. He prepared himself and got ready to attack when Madelyn winced in fear when he got near her.

"Maddie, Mads, hey, it's okay," He quickly sat next to her, pulling her into his embrace as she cried.

"Ow, my leg," she pushed his hand away when it got close. "I got cut by some glass," she explained. "Lucas, I lost Brooke and Peyton," Madelyn shook her head, tears ran down her cheeks.

"They're fine. They're outside. But," he glanced at the injury on her leg, "Okay, you're not. Um, we gotta get you somewhere safe, come on." He tried to pull her up.

"No, I can't. I can't walk. I tried," she cried some more.

"Okay," he stood up quickly, with a purpose.

"No," she grabbed onto his sleeve tightly. "Don't leave me, please," she looked at him teary eyed.

"No, angel, I'm not leaving you anywhere," he gently kissed her forehead. "I'm gonna go block the entrance, alright? We'll- we'll just hide." He slowly brushed some hair from her face, "We'll wait this out."

Madelyn nodded feverishly.

"Listen to me," he wiped the continueous tears from her cheeks, "I'm not leaving you, Madelyn, ever. I won't. I promise."

Madelyn nodded, trying to stop her cries as he pressed his forehead to hers.

It's been a year now, think I've figured out how,
How to think about you without it ripping my heart out,

._._._.

I know, you know, we know,
You weren't down for forever and it's fine.
I know, you know, we know,
We weren't meant for each other and it's fine,
But if the world was ending you'd come over right,

Lucas moved the fabric of Madelyn's jeans away from the wound, examing it. Madelyn quietly cried in pain as he did.

"God," she choked out.

"You're bleeding pretty good. We're gonna have to put some pressure on it," Lucas told her hesitantly, sliding his button up off his shoulders.

"Luke," he stopped, looking at her, "It was your friend. The one from the time capsule," she whispered. "He had the gun."

Lucas looked at her with worry and sadness in his eyes, gently pulling her into his chest.

"But- but he didn't look evil or angry. He just looked scared," Madelyn breathed heavily.

After a moment of silence, Lucas spoke softly again.

"Okay Mads, I'm gonna wrap this around your leg to stop the bleeding, it's gonna hurt," Lucas explained. Madelyn nodded quickly. "You ready?"

"Mm-hmm," Madelyn nodded, more tears springing to her eyes. She placed her hand on his shoulder as he wrapped his shirt around her leg. She bit down on her lip, drawing a copper taste in her mouth as she squeezed his shoulder tightly, digging her nails in, trying not to scream out in pain.

You'd come over and you'd stay the night,
Would you love me for the hell of it?
All our fears would be irrelevant,
If the world was ending you'd come over right,

._._._.

The sky'd be falling and I'd hold you tight,

"I'm tired Luke," Madelyn whispered, growing paler by the minute. "Are you tired?"

"Yeah, but you gotta stay awake, alright?" Lucas reminded her, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles on the hand clutching his. "Talk to me. Um... are you writting a new song?" he asked. Madelyn nodded. "Yeah? Tell me about it. Sing some of it for me."

"I was just thinking of some words while I was sitting here," she whispered softly.

"How does it go?" he asked.

"I don't know I just have lines in my head. Like if the world was ending you'd come over right? and uh- all our fears would be irrelevant. And The sky'd be falling while I hold you tight, and there wouldn't be a reason why we would even have to say goodbye." Madelyn finished and fell silent.

"I-" Lucas was at a loss for words, "You thought of that? Just now?"

"Mm-hmm," Madelyn nodded her head. "Music is my life and- oh my god- they're gonna come now," Madelyn cried.

"Who?" Lucas asked.

"All of them," she whispered, "The reporters... and the psychologists and the analysts and the so called experts. They're gonna try and make sense of this... but they're not gonna be able to. And even if we do make it out of here... We're always gonna carry it with us. It's never gonna be the same." She slowly rested her head to his shoulder.

"Hey, no," he lifted her head, "You gotta stay awake and keep looking at me," he reminded her.

"God it's just gonna be so much worse. This is gonna follow me around. All the questions anytime something remotely similar happens," Madelyn shed a few more tears. She sniffled, "It's not glass, is it? In my leg?"

"No," Lucas whispered back, "It's a bullet. Now, I may have to get you out of here, okay Angel?" Madelyn lifted her eyes to his. "But nothing will happen to you. I promise."

"You're always saving me," she responded.

"Somebody's got to."

"If I say that you're the love of my life, would you believe me? Because I've lost a lot of blood and I don't know if I'm making sense anymore."

"Baby..."

"Come here," she whispered. Lucas slowly leaned his head over to hers. Gently, she pressed a kiss to his lips, before leaning back to her spot, growing weaker.

And there wouldn't be a reason why,
We would even have to say goodbye,

._._._.

If the world was ending you'd come over right?Right?

Lucas slowly lifted Madelyn into his arms. Her head carelessly falling to his shoulder as he made his way to the exit. Opening the door, he made it way out but it slammed behind him, causing noise to fill the silent school.

Looking up, his eyes locked on the gun pointed at him by his old friend Jimmy Edwards.

"Where do you think you're going?!?" Jimmy yelled.

"She's bleeding," Lucas told him.

"The school's on lockdown!"

"I know, Jim," Lucas responded. "But if I don't get her out of here, she's gonna die."

"I didn't mean to hurt her," Jimmy said gentler.

"We know Jim," Keith walked in from a hallway.

"What the hell is this?!" Jimmy exclaimed again. "The schools on lockdown!"

"Please, Jimmy, just... please just let them go and you and I can talk about this," Keith pleaded. "She's hurt Jimmy."

"I didn't mean it."

"I know," Keith stepped infront of Lucas and Maddie. "Go on, Luke."

Slowly, Lucas walked to the hall Keith entered from, Keith using his body to block them the whole way.

"Keith," Lucas stopped.

"Luke, I love you. Now go," he pleaded.

Lucas took one last look at the two of them and made his way to the exit. Once leaving the doors, he was surrounded by SWAT agents. Once of them took Madelyn from his arms as the others forced Lucas to the ground. But a shot rang out. Then soon another and the agents released him to rush the school. Quickly, Lucas was embraced by his mother, holding him tightly. He squeezed her once more before moving toward the ambulance that Madelyn was being placed in. He glanced at his mother who nodded at him and he turned and climbed into the ambulance, grasping Madelyn's hand in his own.

You'd come over
You'd come over
You'd come over, right?
If the world was ending, you'd come over right?

the song : if the world was ending by jp saxe and julia michaels 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 284 20
❝ 𝗡𝗢 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 . ❞ ...
12K 407 16
Where a group of kids grow up together in a small North Carolina town. |Brooke Davis x Male OC| |Peyton Sawyer x Male OC| |Haley James x Male OC| |Na...
14.2K 392 10
є•тнє•яє•αℓ adjective. extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world BOOK ONE IN THE CASSIOPEIA SCOTT SERIES (season 1 - s...
90.8K 4.2K 27
Valentina Scott is the most popular girl on campus. She's a basketball star who plans on making it big someday. When her estranged older brother join...