Viridity

By Chrysanthemum-_-

[Various!BNHA X Fem!Reader] Always hiding in the shadow of your siblings, you slowly learn that you don't wan... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
A/N
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78

19

6.2K 336 51
By Chrysanthemum-_-

After a very heartfelt dinner, your father congratulated you once more and kissed your forehead. After that, you all decided to watch a movie to unwind and spend some quality time together. As a result of your new achievement, you were allowed to pick a movie and so, after much pondering you chose [Favorite Movie].

You sat nestled between your brother and your sister. Despite being the one who chose the movie, you couldn't focus on it. Because your phone was currently being blown with text messages from Kirishima and Midoriya.

Midoriya Izuku

Midoriya Izuku

[LAST NAME]-SAN

I GOT IN

I GOT IN

I GOT IN

YOU WERE RIGHT

OMG I CAN'T BELIVE THSI

I GOT IN UA

I SAW YOUR NAME TOO!!

[LAST NAME]-SAN YOURE AMHSING

WE'RE BOH GOINV TO UA

You

YESSS

MIDORIYA-SAN I KNEW YOU

COULD DO IT!! YOU MANAGED

TO GET THE SIXTH HIGHEST POSITION!!

THAT'S FUCKING AMAZING!!!

(ノ゚0゚)ノ~

Midoriya Izuku

I couldn't have done it with

your support! You've been

nothing but supportive of me ever

since we met!! Tysm [Last Name]-san!!

You

Noooo

Midoriya-san don't downplay your

achievements!! You did amazing

on your own!! Nothing I could've said or

done would have motivated you

if you weren't as amazing as you are!!

Judging by how he had stopped typing but was still online, you're pretty sure you must have fried his brains, either that or he got busy.

Next up, you opened Kirishima's chatroom.

Kirishima Eijiroū

Kirishima Eijiroū

[LAST NAME]-SAN

DID YOU GET YOUR RESULTS?!

I SAW YOUR NAME ON THE

LEADERBOARD!!

ALL YOUR TRAINING PAID OFF

YOU MANAGED TO GET THE TENTH

HIGHTEST POSITION!!

You

KIRISHIMA-SAN!!

YES!! I GOT MY RESULTS! AND TYSM!!

I SAW YOUR NAME TOO!!

KIRISHIMA-SAN YOU GOT SECOND!!

JUST BELOW THAT BAKUGO DUDE!!

HOLY CRAP YOU'RE SO COOL AND MANLY!!!

✧\(>o<)ノ✧

Kirishima Eijiroū

AWWWW TYSM

I'M SO EXCITED!!

WE'RE GOING TO GO TO

THE SAME HIGHSCHOOL!!

NOW WE'LL BE ABLE TO TALK

ALL THE TIME!!!

(≧▽≦)

You

YEAH!!

LET'S DO OUR BEST AT UA!!

I just hope we get put in the same

class together!

Kirishima Eijiroū

Yeah!! That would really make

my entire high school life better

if I got to be in the same class as you!!

You

Same here!! I'd love to spend

more time with you as

your classmate and friend!!

After a few good minutes, you heard back from Midoriya with a very typo-filled response. Ah... He was embarrassed this entire time? He really was adorable. For over an hour or two, you kept talking with the two of them back and forth. Ultimately, you didn't get to watch the movie with full focus but at least you got to talk to your friends!

Not to mention, you even got congratulated by Tsu!! She had passed too and you couldn't be happier that all the people you knew had passed alongside you.

————

The next day, you returned to school and you immediately rushed over to your group of friends, "Girls, I got something to tell you! Let's talk about it during lunch break!!"

Wow, now you just made them extremely curious about your announcement, "Don't tell me... you have a boyfriend?!" Fumiko's first thought was that but you giggled as you rejected the answer, "Nope, not that!!" She let out a breath of relief and you sat down at your seat, which was just next to Fumiko's.

Mikoto kept pestering you throughout the entire first period to tell her before lunch break, but you didn't waver. At some point, Shiho got pissed that Mikoto was annoying you and smacked the girl on the back of her head. It was a good thing that they sat next to each other or else Mikoto's cries would have alerted the teacher, had Shiho not clamped a hand on her mouth.

By the time lunch break came, your friends barricaded your desk and didn't let you pass through until you spilled the beans. From the corner of your eyes, you saw Todoroki eyeing you and your friends with a curious look.

"Alright, spill the tea. I just spent 4 periods dying with curiosity so it better be worth me getting smacked!" Mikoto was the first to start and you almost giggled at her annoyed face.

You leaned in closer to the three girls around your desk, resting your head on the palm of your hand while a small smirk played on your lips as you started, "I got accepted into the UA hero course."

Just those words alone... were enough for your friends to lose their minds.

It was already lunch break so no one was really surprised with the loud screams of joy, "THAT'S MY [NAME]!!" Mikoto gave you a side hug and started jumping up and down in glee. Shiho started fervently praying, thanking Buddha for giving you this wonderful opportunity and crying tears of happiness.

But Fumiko just looked worried, "You're... gonna be a hero?" Her voice came out soft and meek, a contrast to her usual confident tone. The two cheering girls stopped with their actions and turned to her, as you did the same.

"Is... something wrong, Fumi?" She shook her head with an awkward smile, trying to swallow the lump in her throat, "N-No... It's not that, it's just... [Name], being a hero is dangerous work. And you always said that villains scared you, so..."

Fumiko was happy for you, she truly was.

But the problem lied in the fact, that the sole reason she was motivated to be a hero was so she could protect you. If you were to become a hero too, you would be exposed to far more dangerous situations than she can count.

Not to mention that she was going to attend Shiketsu. While you would be in UA, she had no way of knowing what was happening with you. What if you got hurt or got attacked?! She would never be able to forgive herself if anything happened to you.

But all her worries washed away when you held her hand into your own, "Fumi... I'll be fine." You started with a soft smile, fastening her heartbeat.

"You're going to Shiketsu, right? I want to be able to stand alongside you, one day... So I can protect you and you can protect me! We'll be an unstoppable duo, Fumi! You can be the main attacker, while I'll be your support!" Your cheers made her flush brighter than any shade of red you had ever seen.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to stay out of unnecessary trouble! So let's be heroes together, Fumi." How can she say no when you're saying her name like that? When you're asking her so sweetly that she's scared she might get a toothache.

With a small smile invading her own lips, Fumiko nodded and gave you a tight hug, "Just promise me you'll take care of yourself." You nodded as you also wrapped your arms around her frame.

"Got it. And you'll do the same, right? Don't forget me when you find new friends at Shiketsu!" Shiho and Mikoto nodded at the last part, adding that she shouldn't forget them either.

With an almost teary smile, Fumiko giggled while pulling the other two in the hug as well, "Idiots... As if I could forget you all... You all are my lifelines."

————

During the physics period, you yet again sat with Todoroki. But this time, you were brimming with happiness and he was quick to take note of it, "Do you like falling, [Last Name]? You always seem happy after falling."

You chuckled at his statement but shook your head, "Nope, but good things come out of me falling so I suppose I should fall often." He looked genuinely looked horrified when you said that, which made you chuckle softly, "I was just joking, Todoroki-san!"

"Oh." He didn't say much after that and diverted his attention to the pendulum sitting in front of you two, "[Last Name]?" You hummed in response but didn't exactly find the need to look at him.

"Yes?"

"Did you find what you wanted to do in the future?" You turned to finally look at him, and he tilted his head in question.

"Yes... I did." He looked at you in confusion when you shot him a happy grin, "Don't worry! I'm glad to have found what I want to do." Seeing how happy you seemed, he nodded and turned his head in the direction of the pendulum.

You guys just had to check the time period it took to complete one vibration, for different bobs of different masses. It really was an easy experiment and you and Todoroki had finished almost immediately, especially because you were both aware how to set up the pendulum in the first place, unlike the other groups (except for your friends').

So as you sat in boredom, you twiddled your fingers with the pen in your hand. As a child, you loved learning how to do those cool, spinning pen tricks and as a result, you knew a few good tricks that when combined, looked super cool.

And you had the perfect audience.

"Todoroki-san, watch this!" He turned his head in your direction and followed where you were pointing. To a pen? But then you started spinning and twirling it, and he grew fascinated. As someone who never got to see tricks like this as a child, it was safe to say that Todoroki was very easily impressed by these things.

"Wow... That's really amazing." His tone was as dead as ever, but you could see the child-like wonder shining in his eyes. You stopped spinning the pen and handed it over to him, "Wanna give it a try?" He seemed a bit hesitant on it.

"I don't know how to do that." You couldn't help the small smile that made way to your lips. He really did remind you of a cute, confused puppy, "Do you want me to show it to you? It's pretty easy." Almost instantly, he nodded.

Todoroki was pretty fascinated with learning new things.

So you showed him the trick, and did it extra slowly to teach him how it's done. He grabbed his own pen and started following your actions, although he did drop it a few times. Apparently, he was a quick learner and by the end of the period, he could do a slower version of the spin.

He didn't exactly seem quite pleased with how slowly he was progressing, but then you spoke up, "Woah! You're a fast learner, Todoroki-san! It took me about a day or two to get it right, and you did it in just a few tries! You really are amazing!"

Your praise was genuine, and he felt that. Perhaps that's why, the annoyance of not having perfected the trick by the end of the period no longer nipped at the back of his mind.

He never really got much praise. Maybe from his mother, but after she was sent away, all sorts of comfort went along with her. To have you praise him for something so small and childish... it felt as if he was back to being a child, waiting for someone to tell him a simple 'Good Job' for having worked so hard.

He didn't exactly know what he was feeling at the moment you praised him.

But he felt it was closer to the feeling of the happiness he felt with his mother; the comfort she brought him. And that thought alone made the edges of his lips quip up ever so slightly. It was so small that you didn't even notice it. But he knew of his little action.

Because you always end making him feel better than he ever did...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 7 10
I'm Izumi Midoriya you may remember me from my first life when I wasn't a hero...It seems as though God had other plans for me which brings us here...
273K 12.8K 54
Izuku struggles everyday with keeping his hopes and dreams, leaving him to feel unworthy. The constant bullying is tormenting him until one day where...
25.3K 257 60
So, this book contains yandere mha/bnha one-shots and headcannons. Hope you enjoy reading 📖.
915 23 18
[ ended. not.] ━━ no. fem reader. todoroki shoto. fluff. angst. cringe<3