Apex | Charles Leclerc

By reesewoop

They say a successful marriage requires falling in love more than once, always with the same person. Nadia h... More

Chapter 0
Portrayals
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Announcement
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter 63

14.5K 559 146
By reesewoop

Another update? Damn, who is she? AHAHHAHA This is just a short one!! I was in the mood to write another chapter because I found out we got an extension for our thesis (thank you God).

Enjoy!

*****

February 14, 2028 - Monaco

Three years.

It's been three years since my life changed. It's been three years since I met the man who would impact my life in a way I never expected. It's been three years since I met the love of my life who I would always fight for and fight with through every single thing.

Charles already knew the history of how we met when we went to Nice. The two of us were blushing like crazy— more of me since I remembered every detail that happened that night. There was so much significance with this day that we both had an unspoken agreement that it was only going to be about us.

But of course, things don't always go our way.

We both decided that staying in was the best idea. Ever since his accident, Charles hasn't had a quiet day outside where people would always flock towards him. It wasn't like before when he could easily walk within Monaco with only a few fans asking for pictures. Nope. It was like the entirety of Monaco wanted to know how their golden boy was doing.

The two of us slept in, still sleeping in separate rooms. That was a line we weren't ready to cross yet. We've been busy the past few days with our own careers, we didn't have any food inside the apartment so a quick trip to the grocery was scheduled. On the way there, I saw a newly opened coffee shop and Charles knew what I was going to say before I even opened my mouth.

"I'll see you at the store." He smirked, fingers brushing against mine before he turned around and left me at the coffee shop.

Things were going well. The cafe's menu looked promising and they even had some pastries that I got in case we wanted dessert. The barista called my name, two drinks in his hands. The first sip of coffee I made was a confirmation that this place knew how to make its coffee.

I was walking out of the cafe with a smile on my face when someone began walking alongside me and completely wiped the happiness I felt and replaced it with frustration.

"Happy Valentine's Day." Nikolai greeted and I groaned. I stopped walking and looked up at the bright sky, questioning the universe as to why it never lets me have a break.

I'm not made of steel for fuck's sake.

I ignored Nikolai and headed for the direction of the grocery store, praying that he would leave me alone.

That never happens.

He's toned down on the flirting ever since we had that day a few years ago when a silent truce was made. But just because we made peace with one another doesn't mean he stopped carelessly flirting with me and wasting my time.

"You need to stop following me like a lost puppy." I grumbled as we waited to cross the street, my eyes zoomed in on the red light. The grocery store was right across the street and I hope Charles was busy enough to not see us. The last conversation we had about Nikolai was when he saw the note in my office and we ended up having a big fight about it. "Is your head that thick that my words are like white noise to you?"

"Come on." Nikolai smirked, leaning against the post beside us. "I thought we were friends."

"Friends don't bother friends and flirt with them endlessly despite the very many times they've been rejected. We're not friends, Nikolai." The evident frustration in my voice only urged me on as the light turned green and the pedestrians were allowed to cross. I didn't even hide my disdain when he followed me again.

"What are we, then?"

"You are a hindrance to my life." I said, pushing the door to the grocery open. On second thought, maybe Charles was the one who could shoo Nikolai away. He's done it before.

Nikolai kept rambling on and on about how a delight he was as I passed through each aisle, eyes looking for my husband. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw him by the coffee aisle, the cart placed in front of him. I was about to call out his name when he shifted on his leg and revealed the person in front of him.

"Fuck." I cursed, feeling Nikolai bump against my back when I abruptly stopped.

"What?" He asked, glancing at me. His eyes followed where mine were placed and I saw his lips part open. "Damn, isn't that his ex?"

"You need to leave." I snapped, turning to Nikolai. Just when I thought that this day was going to be great. It's not even half of the day. I'm scared to think about what else is in store for us.

Nikolai's eyes moved behind me and a smirk appeared on his face. "I think it's a little late for that."

"Nadia?" Charles' voice called out behind me. I closed my eyes, trying to prepare myself to one of the most awkward conversations ever. I opened my eyes and sent Nikolai a glare, hoping that he would behave, before I turned around.

"Hey." I said, giving a tight smile as I stopped by his side.

"Hi, Nadia." Rose smiled and it was clear that she wasn't comfortable with the situation as well. I didn't give her a smile and just nodded my head in greeting because let's face it, the woman attempted to take advantage of my husband's memory loss and thought she could turn things around.

Obviously, she doesn't know me that well.

"This is fun." Nikolai said, arms crossed over his chest as he glanced at the three of us with amusement in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and passed Charles his cup of coffee, noting how his fingers touched mine longer than necessary as he took it from me. He gave me a reassuring smile before turning to Nikolai.

"Nikolai, how's life at Drivas?" Charles asked and I held back a giggle at the sourness that overtook Nikolai's face.

"Business is great. We're partnering up with the UN, so I might run into you from time to time in the office." Nikolai grinned, eyes moving to me and I swear I saw Charles take a step closer to me.

"That's unlikely because Nadia's coming with me this season. Right, babe?" If I wasn't stuck in such an uncomfortable position and trying to avoid Rose's eye, I would've smiled so widely at him. His green eyes were teasing, clearly not using the nickname intentionally.

Some things never change. It makes me happy that deep inside, the Charles Leclerc I fell in love is still there.

"Mhmm." I hummed in agreement, moving closer to Charles and rubbing my left hand on his back before I placed it over his shoulder. The effect was instantaneous as I noticed Rose look away from us. Charles didn't know what just happened, but he made it even better when he smiled down at me.

If only he knew the two other people with us had a perfect view of my wedding ring.

I heard Nikolai chuckle as he shook his head at us. Rose remained silent. "Well, it was nice seeing you both. Charles." He gave Charles a smile before turning to me and sending a wink my way. "Nadia, always a pleasure."

I showed him a fake smile along with raising my middle finger, but this didn't faze Nikolai as his smirk formed into a grin. He gave us a salute before turning around and walking out of the grocery store. As I turned around, Rose was looking our way again and her eyes were trained on my ring. She then moved to look at Charles' finger where the gold band was still absent, hanging from a chain that I wore around my neck.

She really doesn't know how to stop.

"Any plans for Valentine's Day?" I asked her, trying so much to convince myself not to let this girl get to me. She knew I had a fiery personality and it irks me how she thinks that I would just back down because there's nothing else I can do.

"It's the busiest day of the year for us." She smiled, eyes finally meeting mine before moving to Charles. "I was just telling Charles earlier that you should come by sometime. We hired a new baker because I was planning to take some time off, so we're currently changing up the menu with his suggestions."

"I hope it all goes well." I politely said but deep inside, what I really wanted to say was I hope you go away.

"I actually just took a short break to buy some snacks. I'll see you guys around?" I only nodded my head and Charles gave her a smile.

When Rose finally left, I dropped my hand from Charles' shoulder and ran a hand through my hair.

"Nikolai likes you." Charles said as he continued pushing the cart while I followed beside him. Thankfully, there weren't that much people in the store, and the things we needed to buy were almost complete.

I raised an eyebrow at him and took a sip of my coffee before saying, "Rose still loves you."

His face morphed into one of confusion and awkwardness, clearly at a loss for words. "Nikolai flirts so openly with you. He knows you're married, right?"

It was amusing to see him like this. Charles never hid his jealousy before, and it's obvious that hasn't changed either. He's never admitted to me that he was jealous, but it would show in his body language. He'd pull me into him as if the physical presence was enough to ward off anyone who wanted to make a move. He'd also act all cheesy– very different from how we were with one another.

The love we have wasn't soft nor filled with rainbows. It was composed of months and months of intense moments between the two of us that built up until we couldn't take it anymore. We were two people who experienced so much and going through that meant we took advantage of every moment we had as if it was the last.

The past three months told me that what we were doing was right. During those days when he hadn't woken up yet, all I thought about were the private moments we had together and how much I wanted them to happen again. There's a chance that he won't remember any of it and I oddly find myself not mulling so much over it. I can live with him losing those memories, but I will never survive with the thought of losing him.

We can make new memories, but I can never find another Charles.

"Rose is still acting like there's a chance to get what she wants. She knows you're married, right?" I replied and it rendered him completely speechless. Charles stopped walking and so did I, the two of us standing in between two aisles. "Marriage is a two-way street, Charles." I smirked, recalling the words he told me when we were at the viewing deck. "It's alright to be jealous because I know we're both old enough to put a label on our feelings." I moved closer to him, my nose almost touching his as I let the warmth from his body envelope me. "As long as you come home to me, I don't care about anyone else. It's you and me."

*****

I love Nadia in this chapter

Reese

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 7.4K 116
She let go of his hand, an action that made him turn and look at her."Whats wrong?", "What are we doing?"he tilted his head at the question."What do...
40.6K 1K 51
Two destroying secrets. An agreement between two people. Sex. Just sex. That was what they wanted. A friendship with certain benefits. He helped her...
22.2K 969 39
~ ' ๐ˆ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ' ~ โIt's hot in hereโœโœ โShould I leave the room...
501K 5.6K 110
"Sometimes, love isn't enough" In a world where love traingles, toxic relationships and drama can't seem to leave her alone. Warning: some chapters...