Hurt | Remus Lupin

By soft_multi_fandom

Sara Finnigan, the older sister of Seamus, is in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts. As she and her two b... More

~1~ A New Professor
~2~ Care of Magical Creatures
~3~ Sara's Boggart
~4~ Tea with Lupin
~5~ Hogsmeade
~6~ Sleepover in the Great Hall
~7~ The First Quidditch Match
~8~ Crippled Finnigan
~9~ Necklace from a Secret Admirer
~10~ Gryffindor's Win
~11~ The Quidditch Cup
~12~ Sara and Remus
~13~ Sara's Discovery
~14~ The Werewolf
~15~ Remus Departs
~16~ The Burrow
~17~ Table Crashers
~18~ Quidditch Campsite
~19~ IRELAND WINS
~20~ Death Eater Attack
~21~ Auror Training
~22~ The First Task
~23~ Date with Charlie
~24~ Yule Ball
~25~ The Second Task
~26~ Sara the Matchmaker
~27~ Cedric's Death
~28~ Aftermath
~29~ The Fight
~30~ Angry Reunion
~31~ Lies
~32~ Shitty Spy
~33~ Advance Gaurd
~34~ Harry's Arrival
~35~ Questions
~36~ Clean up
~37~ The Hearing
~38~ Prefect Party
~39~ The Apology
~40~ Kings Cross
~41~ What are we?
~42~ Run in with Percy
~43~ Birthday Party
~44~ Dumledore's Army
~45~ A Night to Remember
~46~ Snake Attack
~47~ Christmas at St. Mungo's
~48~ Cured!
~49~ Valentine's Day
~50~ Dumbledore's Departure
~51~ Harry in the fireplace
~52~ Fred and George's Escape from Hogwarts
~53~ Hagrid and McGonagall's Attack
~54~ Battle At The Minsitry
~55~ After the Battle
~57~ The Finnigan's
~58~ Family Dinner
~59~ The Twins shop
~60~ Moving In
~61~ Anger
~62~ Full Moon
~63~ Harry's Suspicions
~64~ Christmas Eve
~65~ Percy's Big Fat Stupid Face
~66~ New Years
~67~ Ron's Birthday Surprise
~68~ Return
~69~ Dumbledore's Death
~70~ Shouting Match In The Hall
~71~ Proposal
~72~ Sara and Remus' Wedding Day
~73~ Rescuing Harry
~74~ Battle of the Harry's
~75~ Unexpected Death
~76~ Bill and Fleur's Chaotic Wedding
~77~ The Year

~56~ The Dusley's

575 13 0
By soft_multi_fandom

On the day everyone was to arrive from Hogwarts, I was standing at the platform with Remus, who didn't say a word, but put an arm around me, Tonks, who was her hair as bright an pink as ever. Mad-Eye, a bowler hat pulled over his magic eye. Bill, who was getting a shit ton of attention from some Muggle girls, who were all giggling and laughing. Ollie, who was next to Tonks, his arm looped with hers, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, in their Muggle best, and Fred and George, who were sporting new jackets with green scaly leather on it. 

"What is that?" I asked the twins, pointing at their jacket.

"Dragon skin." George grinned. "Feel it."

"Huh." I touched the scaly texture. "Weird."

"It's warm." Fred said.

I didn't respond.

"Been a while since I've last been here." Ollie said, looking around. "Hey Sara, remember when we'd have races to see who'd get through the barrier first, and that one time where we collided with.....P on the other side?" I noticed him say P instead of Percy, as he glanced nervously at Mrs. Weasley. Luckily, she wasn't even listening in on your conversation.

"Yeah. I remembered." I smiled slightly. "He was so angry at us, he didn't sit with us the entire train ride."

"I still need to hear more of your stories at school." Remus said softly.

"And I need to hear yours." 

"I'll tell you all about it one day." he squeezed me tightly.

Finally, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny appeared out of the Barrier. 

"Ron, Ginny!" called Mrs. Weasley, hurrying forward and hugging her children tightly. "Oh, and Harry dear — how are you?"

"Fine," said Harry, as she pulled him into a tight embrace. 

Ron was now goggling at the twins' new clothes. "What are they supposed to be?" he asked, pointing at the jackets.

"Finest dragon skin, little bro," said Fred, giving his zip a little tweak. "Business is booming and we thought we'd treat ourselves."

Harry looked around at us all. "I didn't expect to see you all here."

"Well," said Remus with a slight smile, "we thought we might have a little chat with your aunt and uncle before letting them take youhome."

 "I dunno if that's a good idea," said Harry at once.

"Oh, I think it is," growled Moody, who had limped a little closer."That'll be them, will it, Potter?"

He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder; his magical eye wasevidently peering through the back of his head and his bowler hat. I blinked when I saw them. Vernon Dursley was large, with barely any neck, and a larg walerus mustache. Petuna Dursley was thin and horse looking. Dudley Dursley was also round, with beady little eyes. I scrunched my face. The three Dursley's were looking at us with wise eyes.

"Ah, Harry!" said Mr. Weasley, turning from Hermione's parents,whom he had been greeting enthusiastically, and who were taking it inturns to hug Hermione. "Well — shall we do it, then?"

"Yeah, I reckon so, Arthur," said Moody. 

He and Mr. Weasley took the lead across the station toward theplace where the Dursleys stood, apparently rooted to the floor.Hermione disengaged herself gently from her mother to join thegroup, walking behind me.

group."Good afternoon," said Mr. Weasley pleasantly to Uncle Vernon,coming to a halt right in front of him. "You might remember me, myname's Arthur Weasley."

I remembered when the Weasley twins had caused a bit of meyham, two years ago. Vernon turned a deeper shade of puce and glared at Mr. Weasley, butchose not to say anything, partly, perhaps, because the Dursleys wereoutnumbered two to one. Petunia looked both frightened andembarrassed. She kept glancing around, as though terrified somebodyshe knew would see her in such company. Dudley, meanwhile, seemedto be trying to look small and insignificant, a feat at which he was failing extravagantly. 

"We thought we'd just have a few words with you about Harry,"said Mr. Weasley, still smiling.

"Yeah," growled Moody. "About how he's treated when he's at yourplace." 

"I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in myhouse —"  Vernon started, turning red.

"I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Mr. Dursley," I said brightly.

"Anyway, that's not the point," interjected Tonks,  "The point is, if we findout you've been horrible to Harry —"

"— and make no mistake, we'll hear about it," added Remus pleasantly

"Yes," said Mr. Weasley, "even if you won't let Harry use thefellytone —"

"Telephone," whispered Hermione.

"Yeah, if we get any hint that Potter's been mistreated in any way,you'll have us to answer to," said Moody. 

"Are you threatening me, sir?" Vernon said, so loudly that passersby actually turned to stare.  

"Yes, I am," said Mad-Eye

"And do I look like the kind of man who can be intimidated?"barked Vernon. 

"Yes." I piped up. "You do Mr. Dursley."

Vernon turned to me with disgust in his eyes. 

Mad-Eye turned to Harry. "So, Potter . . . give us ashout if you need us. If we don't hear from you for three days in a row,we'll send someone along. . . ."

" 'Bye, then, Potter," said Moody, grasping Harry's shoulder for amoment with a gnarled hand.

"Take care, Harry," said Remus quietly. "Keep in touch." 

 "Harry, we'll have you away from there as soon as we can," Mrs.Weasley whispered, hugging him again.

"We'll see you soon, mate," said Ron anxiously, shaking Harry'shand.

"Really soon, Harry," said Hermione earnestly. "We promise." 

I hugged Harry. "Son't worry Harry. You won't stay for long at that place. And please... write to me. About anything."

He seemed to get what I realy mean, because his eyes darkened, but he nodded. 

We all watched as Harry left with the Dursley's.

"Nasty family." Tonks said, shaking her head.

 Everyone started to split apart. 

"Where are you going now? All your things are at my pkalce. Do you want help bringing them to your mothers?" Remus asked me quietly, as we stepped out of teh station.

I shook my head. "I'll go and visit tomorrow. Can I... spend teh night with you?"

"Yes. I'd like that very much."

So Remus Apparated us to his cottage. It was veyr small, but enterin it, it was extremly cozy. I actually quiet liked it. I saw all my things in the livving room. 

"How are you?" he asked, as we sat on a sofa.

"I feel shit. I havne't.... Remus am I a bad person for not crying?" I asked bluntly.

He froze, staring at me. "Not at all. Not crying about someone death doesn't make you a bad person. Everyone grieves differently."

"Are you sure?" I whispered. 

"I'm positive. I haven't cried much either."

"I haven't cried at all."

"It doesn't make you a bad person." he said firmly.

"I just feel so numb." I said softly.

"I know."

He reached over and grabbed my hand. "Do you want lunch?"

"I'm not very hungry." I said.

"Me neither." he sighed. "Here, follow me."

He led me by the hand and out into his little garden. All the flowers were wilted, but there was a small bench in the middle, right in front of a mini pond, where there were fish swimming around.

"I haven't been gardening for teh apst year." he said, glancing at all the dea flowers.

"I love to garden," I said, as we sat down on the bench.

"Do you?" he looked at me. "I didn't know that."

I nodded. "Yeah. I have a little garden at my place. Well, My mum's place. I don't really know if I can even call it my place anymore."

"I'm sure you can." he said, putting an arm around me as I laid my head on his shoulder. 

"I talked with Seamus, but not with my mam yet." I sighed. "I'm nervous. I want to visit tomorrow though."

"I'm sure it will all be alright Sara." he said, playing with my hair. "It might be awkward at first, but I'm sure she misses you. You have a lot to tell her too."

"Oh yeah, it feels like I've lived three lifetimes just in the apst year." I replied.

"Yeah." 

We stayed silence for a few moments. 

"Can I garden here?" I asked suddenly.

"Of course. I've never been good at garedening to be hoenst. I thought it would keep me sane when....back when um, right after I had left HOgwarts. BUt it didn't really do it for me."

I kissed his jaw and snuggled against him. "I can make it looked pretty again. I haven't gardened in a while."

"Yeah. I know you can."

"I also want you to meet me mam and Shay. But I wan't you to meet Shay properly. As my boyfriend. Fresh start." I said.

"I'd love to. I feel like they'll hate me." Remus said nervosuly.

"Shay asked about you. When he asked.... he asked why I was sad. So then he asked if you were okay." I said.

"Really?"

"Mhm."

Remus leaned his head against mine. "Well, if they're okay with it, I'd love to meet them properly too."

We spent most of teh day sitting in silence as we watched the fish in teh pond.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433 78 43
"I long to escape into a story that has not been written." Saoirse Finnigan is the twin sister of Seamus Finnigan. The two could not be any more diff...
1.2K 62 16
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...
2.7M 101K 77
In which the 20 year old 'retired death eater' enlists the help of the order and finds that her old DADA professor trusts her when no one else will. ...
19.4K 685 169
Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, destined soulmates, are now entrusted with the monumental task of raising none other than the Children Who Lived - Harr...