The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174

58

1.8K 48 75
By heartlessbrock

"Okay. Explain it to me one more time." I said and sat back, getting comfort in the private jet.

I had never in my life been on a plane so it was kind of hilarious that my first experience was a private jet.

I would have been terrified to fly if I wasn't more terrified by the information Nate was telling me.

"We went to a dinner and the same thing that happened with Sam happened with Colby." Nate said as I focused on him.

"There's no trace of anything, almost as if we were never there to begin with." He said as I nodded.

"And what happened when this happened to Sam? How did you end up in the same situation?" I asked, folding my hands in front of me.

"Letters. They kept sending us letters. Colby accepted some sort of mission but he didn't know what it was about. That's all I know." Nate said as I nodded.

"So we have to look out for notes and signs of them reaching out again. We can't fall for the same antics though." I said as he nodded.

"Are you ready for this? I know the last time you got involved...well...you know what happened." He said as I nodded.

"I need to get him back. I lost him once already, I can't lose him again." I said quietly, picking at my nails.

I wanted to tell Nate that I was pregnant and that it was terrifying me. I needed to tell him that if I couldn't get Colby back, I didn't know what I would do.

I didn't want my child to grow up without a father.

"We're gonna figure this out. Clearly there's a reason for both of their disappearances. Maybe they're together and will break out. They work so well together, they can get out." Nate said as I nodded.

"Hopefully." I said then looked out the window. "This is terrifying." I said causing Nate to chuckle. "What? The flying?" He asked as I nodded.

"I've never been on a plane." I said as he cocked his head to the side. "Really?" He asked as I nodded.

"We grew up poor, and by the time I experienced anything it was too dangerous to go on a flight." I said and looked away from the window.

I was still experiences some sickness with my pregnancy and I was getting nauseous looking out the window.

"Do we fully trust the gang?" I asked after a couple minutes of silence.

"Everyone has been on their best behavior and all of them respect Sam and Colby so I would assume we can trust them." Nate explained.

"I don't trust any of them. Not even you." I said, even though that wasn't true.

I trusted Nate, and obviously I trusted Corey. Jake was trustworthy as well, but none of the other guys.

I've learned that from experience.

"Ouch." Nate said causing me to laugh. "I'm kidding. Kinda. I don't trust most of the gang. Colby hasn't always been the nicest to them, I'm sure someone could be looking for revenge." I explained, leaning back.

"That's true. We'll try to keep our mission as closed circle as we can. If we need help though, I'm going to get it." He said as I nodded.

I understood why he was willing to let them help with this, he was in charge of making sure that I wasn't hurt or killed so he would do what he could to protect me.

I didn't need to be protected though.

I was angry and determined, knowing that I needed to get Colby back and that nobody was going to get in my way.

When we landed we were met by Jake on the runway with one of the big expensive cars that they liked to use.

"Hey, Jules." Jake said with a grin as I got in the car. "Hey, how've you been?" I asked with a sigh.

"Besides the circumstances, I've be alright. I miss you." He said as I sighed. "I miss you too, Jake." I said then leaned forwards and patted his shoulder.

"Where are we going?" Jake asked and looked over at Nate. "The office." Nate said as I nodded.

"You don't want to stop at the house?" He asked and looked back at me. "No, we don't have time for that." I said and grabbed my phone, texting Corey.

I wanted to make sure the kids were okay and that they were settling in.

I knew it was going to be hard to not let what was going on there distract me from what needed to be done here.

The kids are great. Try not to worry, Jules. Devyn and I got this.

I frowned, looking at the screen. I knew Corey and Devyn could handle it but my heart ached at the fact that I was away.

I didn't want to break my promise to them.

Driving to the office gave me severe deja vu, reminding me of all the times I was dragged along. This time felt different though, because for the first time I had no guidance.

I had to save Colby with no prior knowledge and nobody to guide me.

I was in way over my head.

When we got to the office I got out of the car, looking around the garage that it was disguised as.

I always thought that was a clever idea and that it was a good way to be inconspicuous.

Now I knew that it was idiotic, due to the amount of other gangs that knew exactly where this base was.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Jake asked as I walked towards the elevator. "Positive." I said blandly, putting on my hardest face.

These people needed to understand that I wasn't here to fuck around. I've been weak in the past but I wasn't fucking around this time.

I had four kids in Texas that depended on me to get back to them, and there was a baby inside of me that depended on me to survive.

I was going to take down anyone who got in my way, no matter who the hell they were.

"I need a weapon." I said and held my hand out. "Woah, already?" Nate asked as I nodded. "You never know when you'll need it." I said as Jake chuckled.

"You're like a girl version of Colby." He said and handed me a gun. "Good. People fear him." I said then walked into the elevator.

I tucked the gun away in the waist band of my leggings. It was kind of amazing how quickly I got over my fear of guns, and how likely I would be to actually kill someone with it.

It was surreal knowing that I was stepping out of a normal comfortable life to get back into a life that ruined me.

A life that I missed only a little bit.

"Is that-?" A man I recognized as Steve said as the elevator doors opened. "Yup." Jake interrupted as I kept my eyes forwards, walking down the familiar hallway.

I didn't want to come off as friendly, and I certainly didn't want to come off as unfocused.

If you were friendly and unfocused people would walk all over you.

"Gather everyone for a meeting." I said and narrowed my eyes, looking at Jake. "Yes, ma'am." He said with a laugh then went to go collect everyone.

I needed to set the tone with these guys and make sure they knew exactly what needed to happen.

I didn't care that I had no idea what I was going to do or how I was going to get the boys back, but I needed people to know to not fuck with me.

Nate and I walked down the hallway until we got to the conference room. As soon as the door closed I deflated a little bit.

"You don't have to act so tough, ya know. Nobody is gonna hurt you here." Nate said as I nodded.

"I know, but it's not safe to assume things like that. I've been through a lot and I don't plan on going through much more." I said quietly.

"I know, you're gonna be alright and so will Sam and Colby." He said as people started filing in. I stiffened, clenching my jaw as I stared them all down.

Some of them I recognized but others I had never seen. I was glad I decided to have such a hard exterior because this would be their first impression of me.

Once everyone was in the room, I started pacing in front of them with an intense look on my face.

"Guys, this is Julia. She's here to help us figure out whats going on. Be nice to her and listen to her." Nate said as I nodded.

"I don't want any bullshit. You guys will listen to me and trust that I know what I'm doing. I know that I'm a woman and that I look like I don't know what I'm doing but if you know what's good for you, you won't fuck with me." I said blandly.

"If any of you have any confessions that you need to let out about what's been going on, I expect you to tell me immediately." I said and looked at all of them.

"Do we have any questions?" I asked and raised my brows. "Why should we trust you? You aren't even a part of the gang, nor have you led a gang yourself." A guy I didn't recognize said as I shrugged.

"It's up to you whether you trust me or not. I don't care if you do, just know if you fuck with me I won't take that sort of behavior." I said then blinked slowly.

"Any relevant questions?" I asked with an annoyed tone, looking around the room that was filled with silence.

"Good. Get back to work and I'll keep in touch about a plan." I said then turned to leave the room.

I knew that that guy had a point and that I had no idea what I was doing, but I needed to get Sam and Colby back.

I didn't care what I had to do to make that happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 508 14
Book 2- Of the 'Highschool Trauma' series: After moving away with his lover and best friend, Colby had made it his goal to start over. To live a life...
13K 124 23
there's some swearing and stuff ykyk not gonna say anything hope you enjoy it :) trigger warnings will be in the beginning of each chapter!!!⚠️⚠️ 26...
17.6K 349 17
Two souls meet. Is it fate or is something else at play? Fanfiction featuring youtuber Colby Brock. **Some Sexual content/strong language** Story co...
308K 8.6K 170
Fourth book of the Lucky series.