do i wanna know? [ERENxF.READ...

By ianhecoxluvsu

You're a comfortable girl. You like your solitude and enjoy your own company very much. You became close over... More

Character Descriptions/Visuals
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
epilogue

one

2.2K 49 116
By ianhecoxluvsu

[Play: Him and Hym-Banana Fish]

I'm not the most social person in the world. I tend to keep to myself and only talk when spoken to. Not like I'm a loser or scared of people. I'm simply just not the most extroverted person in the world. So when I met Mikasa about a year ago on a whim at the coffee shop we used to work summers in, I didn't expect myself to get closer to her months later.

When I worked summers in Shinganshina, I was just a senior in high school. I went to a high school in Trost but I lived far from there. My dad and I moved to Forks when I started my freshman year of college and we live in a small, comfortable home, surrounded by tall trees. A gloomy atmosphere, sure. But I find it rather peaceful.

I met Mikasa during my last summer working there. I usually worked summers since I was old enough to work and it was always at that coffee shop. So when, Levi, the owner and manager, told me that a new hire was coming to work for the summer, I wasn't particularly excited or deflated.

She entered with a calm, stoic expression. She was serious about working. I could tell. But over time, she started to crack jokes or chuckle at mine. She would touch my shoulder when she was cracking up or call my name from across the room to ask me for help. I soon saw that her comfort being here relied on me. And I was flattered. Maybe that's what sparked our friendship too. She was just too cute. When I first saw her, my first impression was that this girl was going to give others a hard time. She held an intimidating stare and her features were cutthroat and a little off-putting to a person with a brighter attitude.

But seeing her melt into the routine of working here and cracking jokes with me and Levi, who I found out is her uncle, just made me adore her, honestly. I've never felt such a strong desire to simply smile at someone for the sense of being comforting or fixing their hair when a strand was out of place. But those things came naturally to me when it came to Mikasa. She's someone I consider a close friend.

The first time Mikasa and I hung out alone, she invited herself over to my old house in Shiganshina. Of course, I gladly accepted her. And so did my parents when they weren't arguing over dishes and other trivial things that kept them from actually discussing the root of their issues with each other.

She walked into my room and her face lit up as she curiously looked around as if she was in a museum. Getting to know her felt the same. She wiggled herself into my life and managed to peel away at my layers and with that, she knows so much about me. Little things. Things like me not liking mustard on hot dogs or disliking the smell of burned coffee and offering to clean it out herself. Or her picking up on the fact that my favorite color is dark, sultry green. And her gifting me small things for my room. One time, she bought me double-sided tape for a poster of mine because one corner was starting to lift.

And small things like that made me appreciate her and our friendship a lot more. I simply love Mikasa in such a pure-hearted way. And I feel like I could really be myself around her. She's an amazingly loyal friend and from looking at her, I could tell she is so passionate about the people she loves and also passionately loves them just as much.

 The catch with Mikasa is that she's actually, rather social. She's mentioned her friends here and there. I only remember catching the names Armin, Sasha, Annie, and Jean. Those are the only ones she's mentioned in a funny story or when she wants to gossip. I'm sure she has more friends. She tends to hang out with them after school.

We're heading into our sophomore year at Paradis University. In my freshman year, I was a commuter. Which means I didn't live on campus. But with Mikasa and I growing closer, she convinced me to room with her for sophomore year. I haven't started packing since we're on summer vacation as of last week. But she's been giving a lot of suggestions for our near-campus apartment, which my dad only agreed to pay for if the cost was split with my mother. She reluctantly agreed.

✩✩✩✩✩

Mikasa and I lay on my bed as my TV was on Hulu, playing an episode of Modern Family. Mikasa lazily ate chips from the bag as I scrolled casually on my phone. I felt her gaze and side-eyed her, a smile slowly starting to carve on my face. I can't help it when she looks at me.

"What is it?" I ask in a stoic manner, still not fully paying attention to her. She flips on her stomach and held her weight on her elbows as she kept her hand still in the bag of chips.

"So...There's this party–"

"No. No Mikasa," I immediately shut her down as she laughed at me. Her tone when she brought it up was careful because she was aware of my answer before asking the question. She sits up and faces me.

"Wait! C'mon...This could be a good chance to meet new people since you're gonna be on campus a lot more now. Consider it a networking event," She jokes. I snicker at her analogy as I glanced at her, a smile on my face but still skeptical.

"You always invite me to these things and you know it's not my thing. Parties are boring and lame. What would I gain from going to a college party?" I ask her logically.

"Well, for starters, some new friends. A good college experience, and an opportunity for you to loosen up and have some fun," She quickly lists. We held eye contact before she chuckled.

"I went through this conversation with you in my head already. It really wouldn't hurt. And I won't leave your side so you don't have to worry about awkwardly being up against a wall with a drink in your hand and glaring at people," She comically and specifically describes. I chuckle.

"No, because then it'll feel like you're babysitting me and I don't wanna ruin your fun," I reply. She punches my arm. I hiss as I rubbed the pained area.

 "Shut up. You're a fun person. You've just never been in a party setting and I'm dying to see that. I really think you'd like it if it was the right party," She tells me. I huff.

"And how do you know this is the right party for me to like?" I sarcastically reply, being admittedly dismissive at the idea of attending.

 "Because all of my friends are gonna be there and you love me so you'll love them. I really wanna blend you guys together. Especially since they all go to the same college too. It's so weird that you haven't met any of them. You'd love them and they'd love you too," She explains.

Mikasa convincing me to go to parties with her has been a thing since we met. And I want to reiterate that I'm not a helpless loser that doesn't get invited to parties and reads books at concerts and shit. I'm not that bad. I just hate going to social events it's so useless to me and my social battery drains quickly. So when I do (by the off chance of a blue fucking moon or some rare shit) attend a party, I'm almost always mute. I drink and talk to no one. It's just not fun.

But I guess Mikasa makes a good point by mentioning me extending myself more and making friends. Parties would be more enjoyable with more friends to be around so if I made more friends, I'd probably go out more. Although I acknowledge this, my point in hating parties stands. But this time, since it's summer vacation, and because Mikasa desperately wants me to go, I'll just go. For the sake of her not asking me to go to another party for another fifty years.

I turn and look at her, finally giving her my undivided attention when it came to this dreadful topic.

"...Fine," I answer, short. Her eyes slightly widened as she leaned in a little closer as if she couldn't catch what I was saying. Or more like she couldn't believe what I said.

"Wait what? Did you just agree?" She asks for confirmation. I laugh at her concealed excitement at the confirmation I was about to give.

"You're stupid. Yeah. I agreed. But don't ask me to go to another party for another eighty years," I joke. She laughs before grabbing my arm and shaking me quickly. I laugh at her excitement. She smiles as she quietly squeals.

"Okay. It's tomorrow night. So we have to pick what you're gonna wear now. This is a big deal. Your first college party. And you're meeting all of my friends too. You gotta make a good impression," She rambles.

"What if they don't leave a good impression?" I challenge her comically. She scoffs.

"They fucking better. They know better," Mikasa warns the nonexistent group of friends at the moment. I chuckle at her passion.

"I talk about you all the time. They already know some basics. Most of them are really curious to see what you look like. Y'know, putting a face to the name," She tells me. I chuckle softly and nod.

"I could say the same," I reply. She chuckles before hopping off of my bed and opening my closet doors. She rummages around.

"You don't have any dresses? Nothing cute for a party?" She asks while looking around. I scoff.

 "Gee, thanks," I flatly and sarcastically tell her. She looks at me with a smile before huffing.

"That's not how I meant it. I meant that you need to dress a little...Sexy, you know?" She suggests. I look at her with skepticism.

 "I'm not looking to get laid. I'm there for you. That's it," I tell her. She groans before looking at me.

"Obviously, yes. I'm aware. But you have to blend in a bit. No one is gonna be wearing casual clothes to a party. There's such a thing as party attire. Did you know that?" She asks me jokingly. I laugh at her.

"Then let me go through your closet and we can go from there," I suggest. She closes my closet doors before sighing. She nods.

"Sounds good." She finally agrees before checking her phone, which was vibrating. She sighs again, this time, a little annoyed.

"Your mom?" I guess. She looks back at me with raised eyebrows and straight lips before rolling her eyes.

"Yeah. She needs help with the baby," She tells me as she puts her shoes on.

"I don't understand why her husband can't help her but..." She trails off as she was getting ready to leave. She looks at me with a small smile before kissing my cheek.

"I'm gonna come by tomorrow around noon with a couple of dresses for you to try on. Then we're gonna get ready. And for the record, I might sleep over. I'm not gonna wake up with a hangover to only be met with a screaming newborn so..." She tells me. I scoff before chuckling. I nodded, accepting her plans for tomorrow.

"See you. Be safe. Love you," I tell her as she approaches my bedroom door.

"Love you!" She quickly replies before closing my door and making her way out alone. I sighed before falling back on my bed and resting my eyes. I opened them again only to check the time. It was already nine-thirty.

I get up and prepare my room for bedtime. I turned off all of my ambiance lightings, turned on my air conditioner, turned my bathroom lights off, and cleared my bed of any crumbs Mikasa's chips left behind before hopping into bed and turning the TV off. I spent the rest of my night trying to fall asleep, on my phone.

✩✩✩✩✩

I woke up to the sound of pots and pans clanking around in the distance. I groan before groggily checking my phone for the time. I sigh in annoyance.

"...It's ten in the morning..." I whisper in frustration. But once I was awake, I couldn't go back to sleep. I yawned as I sat up and rubbed my eyes painfully. I sniffle before turning my air conditioner off and grabbing my phone to go into the bathroom.

I take a piss before wiping and flushing. I wash my hands and dry them before getting my hair out of my face and brushing my teeth.

After washing my face and waking up a bit more, I put on pajama shorts and headed downstairs with my phone in hand. I turn the corner and see Dad cooking breakfast on the stove. He glances over and gives me a small smile.

"Good morning to you too. You look happy to be here," He sarcastically replies as I poured myself cold water.

"Thanks. I am." I keep it short. 

 "You want some? I'm making eggs and toast. Kind of simple but it's something," He tells me. I shake my head as I walk out of the kitchen.

"I'm okay. Thanks. I really want some Cocoa Pebbles right now anyway," I explain. He chuckles as the pan sizzles with the scrambled eggs still cooking.

I finish my cup of water before rinsing it out and putting it on the drying rack. I take a bowl from the cabinet and a spoon from one of our drawers before walking over to the pantry and taking an opened box of Cocoa Pebbles and pouring a reasonable amount of cereal into the bowl. I put it back before heading to the fridge to grab the milk. I unscrewed the cap and poured milk before stopping and pouring a little more in.

That's a weird habit I have when I pour anything. I just pause for a second and do a second pour, super small. It feels right when I do it. Otherwise, I just can't eat or drink it with a clear mind.

I sit at the dining table and scroll through my phone as I ate. I laughed at stupid things on the media that I consumed. Mikasa texted me about how annoying her father was and how she'd never have kids because of her baby brother being annoyingly loud at night.

Dad sat in front of me with his plate of homemade breakfast. A badge of honor on the table. He was proud of himself for making it alone. No nagging or assistance. And no one died and the house didn't burn down. He picks up his fork and sounds of clanking can be heard as he scoops up the eggs.

He watched me as I was on my phone and I knew because I felt his eyes on me. I look up at him with just my eyes. My eyelashes touched the edge of my eyebrows as I glanced. I lift my head up and make proper eye contact with him.

"Mikasa had a little pep in her step leaving the house last night," He creates conversation.

"Did she? She had to go help her mom with something so she wasn't excited when she left," I explain casually. He nods.

"Well, maybe you delivered some good news?" He tries to pry. My jaw slightly clenches at his attempt at an observation. I sniffle again before answering.

"Uh...Yeah. She invited me to a party and I'm going," I plainly tell him, trying my best not to be annoyed at his effort to care. His eyebrows raised with surprise.

"A party? And you finally said yes? I'm surprised. What made you say yes this time?" He asks, furthering the conversation. I sighed before shrugging my shoulders.

"For the sake of her not asking me again for a while," I reply simply. He chuckles before nodding.

"When is it?" He asks.

"Tonight."

"Oh. Well, be safe. I'll leave the back door unlocked if you come late."

"I probably won't be out long."

"I figured. But just in case."

Silence fell after that. Frankly, I didn't want to have a conversation. I don't hate my father but I'll admit that there is some resentment. The reason for my mother and him divorcing is so complex. So many things tied into it and as an "adult", I acknowledge that. I'm not saying my mother was perfect. I wouldn't be living with my dad if I was. I hold some equal resentment towards my mother as I do my father. And it's for selfish reasons, I'll also admit.

When you're a child of separated parents, there's this automatic role that you take in situations pertaining to them or yourself. The role of the mediator. The therapist. The parent. While they were together, it seemed as if I was the only reasonable one around to either end their arguments or shut them both up.

My father tended to ignore my mother and her needs in a relationship. Didn't care for her interests, didn't listen to her stories, didn't enjoy the things she did with a tang of judgment. My mother felt neglected a lot of the time and in return, she was an angry person. A short-tempered, hot-headed woman. Little things set her off. Like someone talking over her or someone not making eye contact with her when she spoke. Not putting dishes away. When someone didn't say thank you or please. When someone asked her to do something for them with no repercussion of a favor being returned.

I don't blame my mother for her reaction but I do hold her accountable for not dealing with her issues with my dad properly. As a married individual and as a couple. And maybe that fault falls on both of them. But it really started to snowball with her. Her big reactions and blowouts were the end of anything that happened in the house. Once she yelled or screamed, the house was silent for the rest of the day. Depending on how her day went, we all endured it as well.

And maybe that was a cry for help. For some acknowledgment. For attention she craved. Not in a bad way. But a healing way. The only reason I chose to live with my father is that although he was a chain reaction for my mother, he was admittedly the one with the better temper, no thanks to anyone but himself for setting my mother off. And I feel like maybe my mother needs to seek that time to herself to find some peace. I didn't want to get in the way of that. She needs it. I know it.

I picked my bowl up and washed it before clearing my throat and heading back upstairs, leaving him alone at the dining table, with his homemade breakfast that he just didn't feel so proud of anymore.

✩✩✩✩✩

Mikasa ended up coming over around three in the afternoon because her mother had her help with the baby for a little. She was irritated upon arrival but when I greeted her, a smile illuminated on her face as she walked inside. She gave me a hug and we headed up to my room. She held a large bag and a pile of dresses for me to choose from tonight.

I close the door behind us as she puts her bag down and throws the dresses on my bed. We chuckled at her gesture as she looked at me.

"Now you've got choices," She tells me with a smile before sighing, catching her breath. I chuckle as I approached the bed of dresses, picking some up and feeling the texture of them before sorting them out.

 "We've got a range of long and short, straps or strapless. Slut to nun. It's all up to you in this pile. Take your pick," She tells me. I laugh at her before looking at all of the patterns and colors of dresses on my bed.

"Well...I know I don't wanna stand out. So we can sort by color. I want a black dress. Simple and comfortable. Mikasa sucks her teeth, thinking of the perfect choice. She moves me aside gently before digging through the pile she made. She felt for the texture of the fabric before pulling out from the bottom of the pile and handing me her find. I grab the dress from its straps and hold it up.

It was a simple, slim, black dress with thin straps. No pattern, nothing standing out. I tilt my head and nod slowly as I observe the dress.

"It's my SKIMS dress. It's so comfortable. Really hugs the body. And with your body, you'd look sexier than ever. It's modest and also not. So it's your perfect dress," She tells me. I chuckle before looking at it again. I look at the dresses on the bed before laughing.

"Well, it wasn't hard to find a dress. I feel bad that you brought all of these dresses only for me to make a decision in a minute," I tell her. She chuckles before shrugging her shoulders.

"Eh, it's fine. I was hoping I'd convince you to wear something sluttier. But you found your dress so it's whatever," She lightheartedly tells me. I chuckle.

✩✩✩✩✩

Mikasa sat on my bed, doing her makeup precisely as I sat on my vanity, doing light makeup. Low by SZA played on my TV at a medium volume as we were in our respectable spots, getting ready. (Please feel free to insert whatever hairstyle you'd like!) I wore my hair just as is. I obviously freshened it up with some products but I didn't change it from its usual style. I kept my makeup super light. I curled my eyelashes and put mascara on. I didn't put eyeliner on because I felt that was too much. But I did line my bottom waterlines with white eyeliner to exude my eyes a bit more. I put concealer on any red spots on my face and blended them out but no foundation. That's too heavy for me.

I put on some clear lipgloss and used an eyebrow gel to brush my eyebrows, making them look less messy.

Mikasa had on darker, cherry-colored lipgloss. Not too pigmented to the point where it looks tacky or too bold. She didn't put foundation on either but she concealed and did her eyeliner along with her eyelashes. She put really light blush and brushed her eyebrows as well.

I watched her through my mirror and I couldn't help but subconsciously smile at her. She's just too cute. I chuckled to myself before adjusting my hair a bit more before getting up and taking my pants off. Mikasa looks at my makeup before giving me a thumbs up.

"You look so cute! I'm getting excited now, geesh," She tells me as she puts mascara on her bottom lashes.

I take my shirt off before putting the dress on, slipping it on. I put my arms through the spaghetti straps and pull the sundress-styled dress down a bit. I adjust it a bit more before looking at Mikasa as she sat with her legs crossed on my bed as she held her eyeshadow palette mirror up to her face. 

 "You look so good. I want to have sex with you," She jokes. I snicker before looking at myself in the mirror, content with my simple, yet cute look. I nod.

"What shoes would I wear with these?" I ask her. She turns to me again, looking at me up and down.

"Damn...I dunno..." She tells me, puzzled. I blow a raspberry before browsing my closet. My head tilts at the sight of these open-toed heels with a thin strap over the ankle. The heel wasn't too tall but not church grandma short either. The last I remembered wearing them, they weren't too uncomfy. I can always sit too...

"I think I'm gonna go with these," I tell Mikasa as I pull out the simple shoes. Mikasa nods.

"Those are cute. Yeah, go with those," She tells me as she finishes her makeup. She gets up from my bed and gets dressed. I head over to my bedside table before checking my phone as it was connected to the charger. After Mikasa puts on her outfit, she takes her phone and opens the camera, checking herself out. She turns and faces me.

"Come take a selfie with me," She suggests. I put my phone down before approaching her and hugging her as she held her phone in front of us. We posed for different pictures before looking through them and agreeing on which ones looked good and laughing at our silly ones.

Mikasa goes on Instagram and shows me a certain photo of us.

"Can I post this on my story?" She asks for my permission. I look at the photo before nodding, agreeing.

"Yeah."

"Can I tag you?" She asks. I chuckle.

"Sure," I hesitatingly agree. She smiles before posting it on her story without a thought in the world. The time was nine PM. I was starting to subconsciously do breathing exercises because I was growing more nervous at the thought of attending a party. Mikasa gets her jacket and puts her phone in her jacket pocket before looking at me with an adoring smile. She puts her hands on my hair, fixing it before holding my face gently and giving me a reassuring smile. She nods.

"You got this! We got this. It'll be fun I promise," She assures me. I huff with a smile before nodding.

"I know...I'm just being a little bitch right now," I tell her. She chuckles before grabbing my hand.

We headed to Mikasa's car and she started it quickly before playing music. I put on my seatbelt as she put the address on her phone and started driving.

"Where's the party?" I ask her curiously. She burps before answering.

"Eren's house. He's a close friend of mine. Throws amazing parties," She tells me. I nod as I look ahead on the road.

"You never mentioned him," I tell her. She chuckles.

"There's a lot of my friends I haven't mentioned. But you'll meet them all today. A fun bunch," She boasts. I chuckle.

✩✩✩✩✩

Dozens of cars were piled on the empty property next to Eren's house. I'm assuming they were all here for the party. It looks like there are a lot of people from the number of cars. Mikasa finds a parking spot as I observed the well-lit house. I saw people walking by the windows, huge crowds of people in separate rooms, and the sound of the bass from the loud music playing accompanied the sight I saw.

Mikasa turns the car off and puts her keys in her jacket before looking at me and taking her phone off of the stand in her car. She gives me a smile with slightly lifted eyebrows.

"You ready, party girl?" She teases me. I nudge her as I chuckled. I sighed before nodding.

"Yeah," I simply tell her before getting out of the car. Mikasa waited for me to walk around the car and hold her hand before walking me to the big house. The house was modern and had a lot of straight lines. There were clear-cut modern touches to the exterior that only made me curious to see the inside. I've never been in a house this big. Especially when the owner of the home is of close vicinity, and a close friend of Mikasa's.

Even the front yard, which was large in itself, was littered with people casually talking, holding their red cups with alcohol. We walked on the grass to cut through the very front of the house where the front lawn stretched out too far for us to want to walk.

Finally, we approach the front door, which was closed but unlocked, giving access to anyone that wanted to come in and enjoy themselves.

[Play: Dark Knight Dummo by Trippieredd ft. Travis Scott]

The music violated my ears the minute Mikasa opened the door and invited herself in. I blink a couple of times and adjusted to the volume of the music. I look around at the interior of the house that was already filled with so many people. I couldn't see ahead of me more than a couple of feet. It wasn't crowded entirely but there were definitely a lot of people here.

Mikasa and I held hands tightly so as not to get lost in the crowds that danced, partied, made out, or talked. She looks back at me twice with a smile. I give her a smile in return, assuring her I was fine.

Finally, She stopped in the kitchen, by the large island that sat in the middle that was littered with red cups and chips and empty boxes of pizza. Mikasa looked around and hugged her group of people, who I observed.

A girl with a high ponytail and brown hair. Her hair was neatly done and she had some bangs happening. She wore a casual outfit. Jeans and a T-shirt with a funny quote on it that read; She's Eating for Two but I'm Drinking for Three. I giggled to myself as I read her shirt. She clearly wasn't the type of girl to even wear a dress so I'll forgive Mikasa for making me wear one.

To the left of her, I saw a dude with a buzzcut. His hair was dyed a grey tone. He was tall. Maybe six feet tall. He wore a white ESSENTIALS shirt with a black jacket over it and loose black pants. He had catty eyes and high cheekbones. He held a red cup and a lit spliff in between his fingers. He was attractive.

 But not more attractive than the dude next to him who had blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes. His haircut wasn't a bowl cut. More like an undercut that was incredibly attractive on him. His slightly sunken cheeks exposed his nice jawline and cheekbones. His small nose and nice smile complimented him very well. His slightly big eyes with long eyelashes and semi-thick eyebrows were a sight to see. He wore a loose plain white T-shirt with slacks and a nice watch as he had his hand in his pocket and a drink casually in the other hand.

Next to him was a taller man. I'd say about six feet and...three inches? He had a mullet-styled hairstyle that blended well together. His dirty blonde hair looked almost light brown and his serious-looking neutral face showed his calm eyes and perfect eyebrows. His full lips and sleek nose went well with his beard which was cut really close to his skin and not too thick. His sleek smile combined with his calm eyes makes him look seductive to whoever he looks at. He wore a loose button-up, untucked into his light brown slacks, accompanied by white airforces.

To his left was another blonde. A woman. Her resting face reminded me of Mikasa. Cut-throat and serious. She looked intimidating and not one to be messed with. She wore her hair short, only grown to her shoulders. Her prominent hooked nose was attractive on her face as her blue eyes only showed through her eyelashes. She looked into her cup and drank as she waited for Mikasa to make her way to her. She wore a sweatshirt and loose jeans.

I look to my right only slightly to see another tall man. Probably the same height as the mullet dude. His look was completely different from the rest of them. His hair was amazingly healthy. The shine and sleekness of his hair caught my attention. He wore his long locks in a small man bun, with some hair still framing his face and some hair still traveling down to his shoulders. His dark eyebrows accompanied his sleek eyes, calm and stoic. His long eyelashes complement his emerald eyes. A dark green that was so vibrant, I could tell the color. My favorite color. His sloped nose along with his full, darker pink lips lay perfectly on his face. His jawline and cheekbones were as sharp as the others. Such a mysterious look. He was insanely attractive but doesn't look too approachable at first sight.

After Mikasa says her hellos to everyone, she comes back to me with a smile.

"You guys!" She gets their attention. They look at her before their eyes went over to me. I swallowed nervously at the sight of a lot of attractive people looking at me. I give them a small smile and evade eye contact by looking at Mikasa.

"This is my friend Y/n. The one I talk about all the time. I finally convinced her to come to a fucking party so be nice to her," Mikasa lightheartedly announces. The first people to approach us were the brown-haired girl and the buzzcut dude. The girl smiles at me warmly. Her eyes almost closed from how big her smile was. She takes her hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Sasha. I've heard so much about you!" She kindly tells me. Her smile contagiously rubbed off on me. I smiled back at her.

"Really? I'm glad," I tell her as I shook her hand. She nods.

"You go to Paradis U, right?" She asks. I nod.

"Uh...Yeah," I nervously tell her. She nods.

 "How come we haven't seen you?" She asks. I chuckle.

"I'm not the most social. I was a commuter during freshman year too so that might be why," I explain.

"Oh," She elongates.

"That makes sense. You look cute! I hope you have fun," She tells me sincerely. I nod, thanking her. The buzzcut dude looks at me. I make eye contact with him. He chuckles.

"I'm Connie. You're as short as Mika, that's insane," He jokes. I scoff.

"I hope that's not a bad thing," I joke back. He chuckles before shaking his head.

"Maybe not...But enjoy yourself. We don't bite. Unless Sasha gets hangry," He jokes again. I chuckle before nodding. I look over at Mikasa, who gives me a smile.

"See? My friends aren't scary," She tells me. I lean into her ear.

"Yeah, but those three are fucking scaring me. They look like they could kill me," I joke. She laughs as she looks at the blonde woman, the mullet man, and the dark-haired man. She shakes her head.

"Jean is harmless. He's a dumbass. Now Annie and Eren...I would see why. But Annie is super chill. Eren...Might take some time to warm up to you. He doesn't really like new people," She informs me as I glance at him. He drank from his cup before he spoke into the blonde man's ear.

"I see," I tell her. Mikasa takes me to Jean. Jean looks down and smirks at me, observing me from my outfit to my features. He chuckles.

"You're Y/n? Finally a face to the name. This girl doesn't stop talking about you," Jean teases Mikasa. Mikasa chuckles.

"Shut up. I don't talk about her all the time," She replies. He scoffs.

"Most of the time," He corrects himself. I chuckle.

"I'm Jean. And you look beautiful tonight by the way," He smoothly tells me. I chuckle nervously at his compliment.

"Thank you," I tell him. Mikasa drags me to meet the blondes that stood next to each other.

"Annie. Introduce yourself to Y/n," Mikasa demands lightheartedly. Annie looks me up and down before nodding.

"I'm Annie," She calmly follows Mikasa's order. I chuckle.

"Hi, Annie. You're not mean, are you?" I joke.

"Depends on who's asking. But I'll be nice to you because you're cute," She compliments me. It managed to make me smile.

"Thank you for sparing me," I lightheartedly tell her. She smirks at my response. Annie turns to the blonde man and flicks the back of his head to get his attention. The man hisses before turning around, facing us, rubbing the back of his head.

"Annie...That hurt. Jesus..." The blonde complains. Mikasa and I chuckle. He looks at us and his face slightly lights up. He smiles.

"Oh, hey. Y/n right?" He asks for confirmation. I nod with a smile.

 "I'm Armin. It's nice to meet you," He kindly tells me.

"It's nice to meet you too," I reply calmly with a small smile. He maintained eye contact with me and smiled warmly. He was sexy...Lord.

There was one more person left. The dark-haired man that looks gorgeous. Mikasa sighed before approaching him. She punches his arm and he looks at her with creased eyebrows.

"Jesus Mika. Why?" His sultry, relaxed voice spoke aloud for the first time since I've been here. Mikasa cocks her head toward me, urging him to introduce himself. He looks at me with a neutral expression. He seemed unimpressed. He licks his bottom lip slightly.

"Who's she?" He asks with barely any interest. I stood there awkwardly. I was honestly a little thrown off that someone could have the balls to be rude in front of the person. Not saying that people like that don't exist. But it was rare for me especially. Mikasa gives him a look. She was slightly embarrassed by his tone. I could tell.

"This is Y/n," She tells him, a little annoyed. He takes a sip of his drink before looking at me for a moment before looking back at Mikasa.

"Okay." Was all that came out of his mouth. He was dismissive and flat and Mikasa probably knew that but had hoped he'd be a little bit more welcoming towards me. He wasn't. That's fine. I don't care for people like that anyway.

Mikasa grabs my hand and walks towards the drinks. She pours us a cup and hands me one. I thank her. She scoffs, aggravated.

"Mika, it's fine. Who cares anyway?" I calmly tell her. She rolls her eyes.

"I know you don't give a fuck but he's not like this when we're all hanging out and shit. He's so standoffish. Pisses me off. He didn't have to be rude," She rants. I chuckle before taking a sip.

"Well, whatever," I dismiss it lightheartedly.

"That's Eren, by the way," She tells me with a tang of annoyance still.

I didn't really care, honestly. I wasn't gonna force anyone to talk to me. And if Eren didn't want to talk to me then that's fine. We don't have to be friends. It's unfortunate that he has a shitty attitude though. He's sexy.

✩✩✩✩✩

[Play: Mmmh by Kai]

Throughout the night, I've mostly been with Mikasa, making conversation with her friends, who were all super funny and very welcoming. I drank moderately, not getting too drunk because that wasn't appealing to me. I looked around a lot when Mikasa was engulfed in conversation with Sasha or anyone else in front of us. I quickly glance over to Eren as he laughed with Armin. Seeing his smile subconsciously made me smile. Seeing people happy always rubs off. Plus, a smile on him looks better than his neutral expression.

I see Armin lean into Eren's ear to tell him something with a smile. His hand slightly pointing but not obviously. Eren looks at Armin for a moment before looking back at me. My eyes quickly diverted and looked back at Mikasa as she spoke to Jean, Connie, and Sasha, who were all cracking jokes as she told them a story. I sneakily and slowly glance back at Eren, who was back to talking to Armin casually. I sighed in relief that he didn't catch me looking. Mikasa nudges me as she laughs.

"Y/n, remember that dude that walked in the store completely naked asking for a cup of milk?" Mikasa asks me in between laughs. I smile before laughing, rejoining the conversation.

"Oh, yeah! That dude was definitely off something. Probably E," I comment. Jean, Connie, and Sasha laugh at my commentary. Mikasa continues the story as I lean into her ear.

"Where's the bathroom?" I ask her. She laughs before answering me.

"Upstairs. The first door at the top, right in front of you. You need me to take you?" She asks kindly. I shake my head.

"Nah. It should be easy to find. Stay put. I'll be back," I tell her. She nods before continuing her story. I put my cup down on the kitchen island before making my way around the people to get to the stairs.

Once I saw the stairs, I move around people seated on the steps, heading to the bathroom. I see the door open as I got to the top of the stairs. Once I got in and closed the door, I locked it and took a deep breath at the slight silence in the empty bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and fix my hair before going to pee.

Once I wiped and washed my hands, I adjusted the dress and fixed my lipgloss a bit. I took one more deep breath and took some time checking through my phone, as well as looking at the time. It was already midnight. I sighed before keeping my phone in my hand and unlocking the door. I open it and see Eren standing at a reasonable distance from the door. I jump, startled.

"Jesus...You scared me. Sorry," I tell him before walking by him. He chuckles before approaching the bathroom. I glance behind me and catch him checking me out. I didn't think much of it. Wandering eyes happen a lot when people are near each other. He closes the door as I walk downstairs and head back to Mikasa.

Mikasa was listening to Jean tell a story when I showed up by her side. She held my hand tenderly, listening to Jean's sports story.

"Does Y/n know I play Football?" Jean asks me indirectly through Mikasa. I shake my head softly.

"No. That's cool. Are you varsity?" I ask him curiously. He chuckles.

"Yeah actually. I was junior varsity freshman year. And I was varsity in high school," He explains. My eyebrows raised, impressed.

"Wow. So you're really good then. Are you on a scholarship?" I ask him. He smiles at my interest in his hobby.

"Yeah. Full ride. Might get on the roster when I graduate. But I'm majoring in Fine Arts," He tells me. I chuckle.

"Polar opposite of a major I'd expect from a varsity football player," I tease. We all chuckle.

"I was good at drawing before I got into football so I decided to major in that since it's what I really like," He explains. I nod.

 "You don't like football?" I ask lightheartedly. His genuine smile turned into a more nervous one.

"No. That's not it. I love football. Just...Drawing doesn't take much work," He jokes. They chuckled but I nodded, maintaining eye contact with him and giving him a small smile.

He hates it. Who was he fooling? It's so obvious.

✩✩✩✩✩

The house started having less traffic around three in the morning. I yawned as I looked around at the majority of people are practically passed out. Mikasa was far too drunk to drive so I took her keys from her jacket.

"Are we not gonna help Eren clean up?" She slurs her words. I chuckle.

"I think he'd be fine knowing you're too drunk to even speak," I tease her. She chuckles, her eyelids feeling heavy at this point.

I put Mikasa's arm over my shoulder and attempt to walk her to the car.

"Do you need some help with her?" I hear a voice ask me. I turn my head and see Armin chuckling at Mikasa's sloppiness. I chuckle before nodding.

"Yes, please," I tell him. He rushes to get under Mikasa's other arm before carrying her over his shoulder effortlessly. I laughed as Mikasa just allowed it. He smiles at me.

"Where am I taking her?" He asks me lightheartedly. I smile at him before pointing far off.

"Her car. She drove me here. She's sleeping over at my place tonight," I explain. He nods before following me to her car.

"Are you from Forks?" Armin asks me, sparking conversation. I shake my head.

"Nah. I'm from Shiganshina. I worked in Trost and that's how I met Mika," I explain. He nods.

"When did you move over here?" He asks curiously. I hum, thinking.

"Maybe a year ago? When I started college, my dad and I moved here for a fresh start," I answer.

"That's right. You go to Paradis U too. Did you commute?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah. That's why you guys haven't seen me around," I lightheartedly tell him. He chuckles as I unlock the door. I open the passenger's door wide and gave him space to put her in the car. I was surprised he had strength considering he's kind of skinny-built. He puts a seatbelt on her before gently closing the car door and sighing.

"She's ready to go. Make sure you keep a bag in there. She might throw up," He warns me. I nod.

"Yeah. Thanks," I tell him. He nods.

"Oh, you're moving in with Mika this school year, right? Campus apartment?" He asks. I nod with a smile.

"Yeah. So you guys will see me more often for sure," I tell him. He chuckles.

"That's good then. I hope you enjoyed yourself tonight. Goodnight," He kindly tells me before walking back to Eren's house.

 "Goodnight!" I raised my voice slightly for him to hear me before walking to the driver's door and getting in and turning the car on and driving back home.

✩✩✩✩✩

It was around five in the morning when I got home. I yawned as I looked at Mikasa. She was knocked out cold. I grab my phone and call my dad.

"Hello?" He answers groggily.

"Sorry for waking you. I'm home with Mikasa but she's blacked out. Can you carry her to my room, please?" I ask for a favor. I hear him sigh before groaning.

"Yeah. I'll be down in a minute," He tells me before hanging up. I turn the car off and get out before opening the passenger's door and unbuckling Mikasa from her seat. I heard the front door open and Dad approached us.

"I thought you said you'd be home early," He quietly told me. I side-eye him slightly with a tang of annoyance. I hug myself from the cool breeze.

"I thought so too..." I quietly tell him. He sighs before grabbing Mikasa and carrying her in his arms. I close the car door before pacing behind him as he headed upstairs to my room. As he got to the top of the steps, I quickly got in front of him to open my door. I rushed to take the pile of dresses off of my bed and pull the sheets so he could put her down.

He places her down gently before looking around at the mess. He looked at me, still half awake.

"Did you have fun?" He whispers. I shake my head.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now. Thank you," I dismiss him, thanking him for helping with Mikasa. He sighs before leaving, closing my door. I take a deep breath in the silence as I looked around at the messy room.

I ignore the mess in the meantime to shower and unwind.

Before I finally headed to bed, I plug my phone into my charger and lay down to check my phone one last time. I viewed Mikasa's story with our selfie and liked it as I yawned. In my notifications, I got a new follower. I press to see who it was.

eren2473 started following you. (2h)

✩✩✩✩✩

A/N: Did you guys enjoy this lengthy chapter? I know I did. This chapter was like 8000 words so I'm feeding right now with this sudden motivation LOL. Descriptive chapters like this will be uploaded as soon as I can edit and finish them so the update schedule with this story might be longer than 'Just Buddies' since my deadline with that fic is at least 8 pages. This one is 15 pages long LOL so definitely more time-consuming. Bare with me, this fic is gonna be sooooo good- Ian :3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427 17 9
"𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝. 𝙄 𝙗𝙚𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪" *slow burn* On weekends, you assist your m...
934 51 21
Many things have happened between you and Eren. Lust. Lies. Baggage you couldn't quite handle. Throughout all of the tears and excuses you'd give, i...
741 18 5
Time doesn't wait for many. And this comes true for a young man named Eren Yeager. Mind stuck on a goal to become a gang leader ever since his high s...
689 36 8
THIS IS A REWRITE OF MY ORIGINAL NERVES/FOREVER SERIES. IF YOU HAVE COME FROM THAT, THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY NEW VERSION. I HOPE IT L...