Clary Riddle and the Man with...

By CharlieA

Clarissa Rose Riddle Weasley, is just a slightly normal witch attending Hogwarts. Though no one besides the t... More

Clary Riddle and the Man with the Nefarious Eyes {A HP Next Generation Story}
[2] Back to Hogwarts
[4] Hectic
[5] Quidditch
[6] Eyes
[7] Always Watching
{Fan Contest}
[8] Shrieking Shack
[9] Unwelcoming News
[10] Afraid
[11] Hogsmeade {1}
[12] Hogsmeade {2}
[13] Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin
Fan Contest Results
[14] Diagon Alley
[15] Confused Feelings
[16] Hidden Intentions
[17] The Premises of a Dream
[18] The Confrontation
[19] Apologies
[20] Surprise Surprise {Wow Chapter}
[21] Rumors & New Students
[22] Moments
[23] Marauder's Map
[24] Revealed
[25] Torn
[26] Locked Up
[27] Escape from Azkaban
[28] Banished
[29] The Most Outrageous Scheme in Hogwarts
[30] Walking into Death's Open Arms
[31] Some Things Don't Always End

[3] New Teacher

7.3K 161 61
By CharlieA

^^^^^ SHe has been amazing, she sent me this wonderful message after i ended my Fred and Marley saga and it was soooooo sweet! I loved it so very much. And she talks about my stories at school and with all her friends. She's amazing and I thank you sooo much for being a fan! :D

As well as the rest of you! (Not proper grammer right there :P) Maybe I'll dedicate something to you! :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters or the things in Harry Potter. I own only my characters: Clary Riddle, Lara & Libby Weasley, Samantha, Professor Marlow, Professor Charles etc...

[3] New Teacher

Soon songs started to fill the enchanted room as the murmurings were dying down, first years were starting to file into the Great Hall, receiving many stares from all the older students. I looked up to see Professor McGonagall standing in front of everyone; she was always the one that announced the sorting. “We will now start the sorting, as you know Sorting is very important here in Hogwarts, it will decide your House. Which will be something like your family here at Hogwarts; you will have classes with the rest of your class, along with other houses, sleep in your House dormitory and spend your free time in your House common room.” McGonagall started as I smiled, some of that was true, but for me, Scorpius, Teddy and James, not really. We barely stayed in our own common rooms. “Now without further delay, the sorting will begin, starting with Penile Anox.” A small girl was the first one to step onto the stool and sit as the sorting hat was placed on top of her small head.

“HUFFLEPUFF!” The sorting hat shouted as the small girl smiled and ran towards the applauding Hufflepuff table. It went on like this for the rest of the students, but I wasn’t paying much attention until I heard names I wanted to hear.

“Albus Potter.” I looked up to see small little Al step up and sit on the stool as the hat was placed on top of his brown head. It sat there for a good while, probably discussing where Albus would be placed, and then it erupted in excitement. “GRYFFINDOR!”

I smiled as I saw small Albus run towards the erupting Gryffindor table, James was even cheering on his little brother as he gave him pat on the back. A few more students we on the stool, “Rose Weasley.” I looked up to see the small curly brown headed girl sit on the stool, and with just barely a touch on the head the hat announced the house. “RAVENCLAW!” I smiled as the only Ravenclaw table jumped up and greeted Rose into our table, she took a seat next to Lara and I as we both gave her a hug.

Then finally, the one I had been waiting for. “Samantha Weasley.” I watched my little sister mount the stairs with confidents as she took a seat on the stool. The hat was then placed on top of her pink flower head band, I watched in wait as the hat’s face twisted its features. It was taking awhile for the hat to decide where to put my little sister, and then without a second more, it erupted in a loud exclaim. “GRYFFINDOR!”

I believe I was the only student in the Ravenclaw table to be standing up and cheering for my litter sister as she made her way towards Albus, James, and Teddy. But I couldn’t help it, she was so eager to come to Hogwarts, and she wanted so badly to be in the house Dad was in. So you could tell I was happy for her. Once I sat back down the rest of the students started to go up and get sorted into different houses. A dark haired boy was sorted in Slytherin, another in Hufflepuff, a few more in Gryffindor, and a couple in our own house. It went on like so, but after awhile my attention turned towards something else, or rather someone else. There was a new teacher sitting where the teachers were sitting, we hadn’t had a new teacher since I entered this school, and this would be the first one in years.

 _______________________________________________________________________________

After all the first years were sorted our headmistress stood up to give her annual speech. The new headmistress of Hogwarts after Severus Snape was Professor Arianna Marlow, former Dumbledore. She was apparently Aberforth’s daughter, which actually made her the niece of THE Dumbledore himself. The small woman walked up in front of all the students, she was wearing a nice blouse and skirt under her robe that had all the colors of the houses, she was even wearing a nice black witch hat like the rest of the teachers. She was a fairly older lady, though not nearly as old as some of the teachers here. She had short grey hair, grey eyes hiding beneath her black glasses and a charming smile.

“Welcome to the new students joining us at Hogwarts, and welcome back to the older students.” Professor Marlow announced happily as she extended out her arms in a greeting gesture. “Now, let me go over the rules, as always the Forbidden Forest is off limits to students, do you understand me?” Professor Marlow announced, and I could tell she was talking to certain four people; I lowered my head slightly so she would not catch my eye. It was true, James, Scorpius, Teddy and I would venture out into the Forbidden Forest, most of the time we wouldn’t get caught, but there was that once in our fourth year…. Marrow continued to talk on about the rules, and certain things, she started to talk to the sixth years about N.E.W.T.S coming up and to the first years about being in their houses at a specific time. “Schedules will be handed out tomorrow morning, in order to tell you which classes you will be taking, and make sure to be in the Great Hall for breakfast at 7:15 am.” She said as I heard a few groans erupting from the first years, by now we were use to the time, well everyone except for me.

She was beginning to go back to her seat when the young man sitting next to the other teachers smiled at her. “Oh that’s right, before I forget. We have a new teacher joining us.” She said sweetly, “Let me introduce to you your guys’ new Defense against the Dark Arts Teacher, Professor Charles.” She said as she introduced the new teacher, he stood up smoothly from his spot in between Professor McGonagall and Professor Sprout, who were eyeballing him intensely. I think everyone was eyeballing the new teacher, he looked young, and he was attractive. He was tall, built, had short spiked up dirty blonde hair and grey eyes. He was rather handsome; he gave a charming smile towards the students as I heard a few of the girls around me already swooning at his handsome features. I believed this was probably the youngest teacher we’ve ever had at Hogwarts. I just looked at the man; this was also our first new teacher since Harry Potter went to school here. Something just didn’t seem right; I mean what happened to Professor Langley?

I stood up from my seat, ignoring the murmuring around the room as they started to talk about the new attractive teacher. “Um excuse me, Professor Marlow.” I spoke up, breaking the murmurings as I soon felt all the stares on me.

“Yes, Clarissa what is it?” Professor Marlow asked looking down at me.

“I was just wondering what happened to Professor Langley? This is a first time in twelve eleven years since we’ve had a new teacher….” I asked questionably looking at the new teacher; he only smiled down at me. Something about that smile made my skin crawl. I, however, ignored that fact since I soon heard people talking around me, this was the truth, and this was something that was never good when a new teacher was placed, other than the fact that he was old and needed to retired. And I suspected Professor Langley to have a good twenty more years left in him.

“Ah yes, I thought one of you would ask that. Professor Langley…. To be completely honest, no one knows where Professor Langley is…” She replied with a sigh as chattered erupted around the Great Hall, rush whispers were being heard at every table.

“They don’t know where he is?” I asked incredulously, how you could not know where he was. “What about his wife and children?” I asked as her face lowered.

“They don’t know either; he just never came home one day. I think it was about a week ago, so it hasn’t been that long. Everyone is still looking; some just think that he might have gone on a trip on a spur of the moment thing, since he is known for that.” Professor Marlow explained noticing the worried looks on students faces, everyone else seemed to calm down a bit. Professor Langley was known for just hopping on his broom or Apparating to God knows where, but this was a bit extreme for even him. Professor Langley would never take off somewhere before school, he loved teaching and he loved Hogwarts. He wouldn’t do this. “So please, until Professor Langley pops up somewhere, welcome your new teacher with open arms. I’m sure a lot of you young ladies already have your eyes on him, I know our woman staff; including myself have our eyes on this young man.” Professor Marlow smiled as she looked over at the new teacher. He only smirked.

“Thank you Headmaster Marlow, that is very kind of you. And thank you Hogwarts students, for welcoming me at such a sudden time. I’m sure Professor Langley will…. Pop up somewhere.” He said with a grin, again… that smile just didn’t seem right. Everyone around me cheered in response as they welcomed the new teacher, I, however, was not going to accept this teacher until I see Professor Langley myself.

“Now, let’s eat!” Professor Marlow explained as she rose up her hands and soon food appeared in front of all of us. I soon forgot all about the new teacher and started to chow down on the beautifully prepared meal in front of me.

 _______________________________________________________________________________

Once everyone was finished with their meals Headmaster Marlow started to send us all up to our rooms. “First years follow the prefects in your house while they show where your House is. Please enjoy your stay, and get a good nights rest for classes with start bright and early tomorrow.” Headmaster said as she said goodbye to us, soon all the first years were hurrying to find their prefects at I laughed at all the prefects, they were seriously wearing the giant P hats in the color of their house. It was completely ridicules.

“Are you coming to the common room Clary? Or off to go to James, and Teddy?” Lara asked next to me as I smiled.

“I promised James and Teddy I would go meet them. But I’ll see you later, I’m probably not going to be with them too long, since we do have our first day of classes tomorrow.” I said with a smile as Lara nodded and ran off with some of her friends towards the Ravenclaw house. I then turned around as I headed towards the crowd of Gryffindors, but stopping in the process when I felt a hand wrap around my wrist. At first I thought it was Teddy, but when I turned around I was surprised to see Scorpius holding my wrist. “Scorp, what are you doing?” I asked questionably as I looked up at the handsome boy.

He grinned down at me, that’s when I took notice of the green P hat on top of his blonde locks. I tried to suppress the laughter, but it was just too funny to see the cool, calm, collective Scorpius in such a thing. “Is that all you can do?” Scorpius asked with a slight glare as I grinned at him.

“Well, when you’re wearing that, yes.” I replied honestly as Scorpius rolled his eyes at me. “Scorpius, you do realize you are a prefect, correct?”

He arched an eyebrow at me, “Yeah… why?” he asked as I sighed.

“Well, your group of first years are just standing behind you, staring at us.” I said as Scorpius glanced back behind him to see a bunch of first year Slytherin staring at us, a few girls were glaring at me. I smiled, ah the joy of small children being jealous because you were talking to that hot Prefect.

“Let them,” he shrugged as I rolled my eyes.

“What did you want Scorp? I promised James and Teddy I’d meet them after the dinner.”

Scorpius frowned slightly, “I just wanted to say hi. Is that so wrong? Or are you just in that much of a hurry to go see Ted.” Scorpius asked with a smirk as I blushed slightly from both statements.

“No!” I replied quickly, “That’s sweet Scorp; I should really let you get back to your first years though. I’ll meet you at breakfast tomorrow, right? To see which classes with have with each other this year.”

Before Scorp could respond, however, I felt an arm around my shoulder; I glanced up to meet the face of Teddy Lupin, of course. Teddy and Scorpius glared slightly at each other, but hid it with a calm, collective smile. “I thought there was a reason you were taking so long Clary, you were talking to Scorp.”

“Yeah Teddy I was, and it was only for a second. You’re just really impatient.” I sighed as Teddy smirked.

“Ah, that I am. Anyways, Scorp I’m taking Clary now.” Teddy said with a smile as Scorp glared slightly.

“Oh? Fine, I’ll see you two at breakfast anyways.” Scorpius replied with a sigh as I smiled meekly at him.

“Yeah, unless you have to help the first years.” Teddy continued. “Sorry Scorp, but prefects have the babysitting job; you should have never taken it.”

I frowned up at Teddy; he knew Scorp only took the job of being a prefect because his father and mother both urged him to. And it would be considered a slap in the face to the Malfoys if he declined. “Yeah well at least I do something in school, unlike some people who are just getting by their rainbow colors.” Scorp replied as I sighed, were they really going to have an argument again? “Anyways, I better get back to my babysitting job.”

Scorp turned around to face the first years as I noticed Teddy’s hair turning darker, “Come on Teddy, let’s go. Scorp has to lead the first years to their common room.” I said quickly as I tried to tug Teddy away before he lost his cool. Teddy smirked.

“Oh alright Clary,” he said smiling down at me as he started to turn around, I smiled. He was actually listening to me for once? “Oh by the way Malfoy,” Teddy called out to Scorpius who, very gradually, turned around to face Teddy with a bored expression. “We need order.”

With those simply words the huge white flag popped out of the top of Scorpius hat and soon the First year Slytherins erupted in a fit of laughter. My eyes widened as Scorpius’ eyes widened slightly and then they turned to daggers as he glared menacingly at Teddy who was just laughing his head off. I immediately started to push Teddy in the opposite direction. “Sorry Scorp!” I called off towards the steaming Scorpius as I pushed Teddy towards James. He was finally able to walk on his own still laughing as I glared at him.

“Ah, did you see the look on his face?” Teddy asked between fits of laughs as he looked down at me. “It was brilliant!”

I glared up at Teddy, “Teddy, that wasn’t very nice.”

“Well he needs to be embarrassed every once in awhile, I hate that he’s always so collective.”  Teddy explained as I rolled my eyes at Teddy.

“You two are so immature, why don’t you just get along?”

“Because they are mutual enemies.” I heard James’ voice as I looked over to see him standing against the wall. “They’re both after something that they both want.” James said with a sly smirk as I raised an eyebrow at the boy.

“Oh and what’s so important to you two that you both want it?” I asked suspiciously as James’ hair turned slightly pink, I raised an eyebrow at him, why was he suddenly getting embarrassed?

“Nothing. James’ just being a bloke, so your sister’s in our house.” Teddy said changing the subject as I looked at him curiously, I sighed, I probably wouldn’t get it out of him tonight, plus I was too tired to actually badger him.

“Yeah, that’s good. You two will keep her out of trouble I’m assuming? Since you two are such good role models.” I said sarcastically as Teddy and James both smirked.

“Of course!” They announced simultaneously.

“Come let’s go.” I said rolling my eyes as I lead the way out of the Great Hall and started walking down the halls. We decided not to go to the Shrieking Shack tonight, since it was our first day back at Hogwarts, and I’m sure Headmaster Marlow was going to have the security up a lot tonight, to make sure we don’t sneak out of the castle. We just walked down each and every corridor, getting a lost a few times before we finally decided to head to our dormitories. James and Teddy walked me to the Ravenclaw dormitory first.

“Hurry it up, I’m tired.” James groaned as I glared at him.

“You slept the whole way here!” I announced incredulously as he shrugged.

“Yeah, but I need to have my energy up for tomorrow, in order to start the school year. Plus if I’m suppose to make it through my classes tomorrow I have to make sure I get sleep.”

“Alright, well you two can leave. All I need to do is answer the question and then I’ll be in the common room.” I said as they both nodded, James said goodnight as Teddy ruffled my hair, telling me good night as well.

“Good Night Riddle, try to get up in the morning, I’m not exactly sure if I’ll be allowed in the Ravenclaw’s girl’s dorm in order to wake you up.” Teddy said with a grin as I blushed slightly, Teddy has woken me up every summer since I’ve known him before nine o’clock, or else I would probably have been sleeping until noon or later. He was basically my alarm clock. I rolled my eyes at the boy.

“Well then I make no promises that I will be there at breakfast tomorrow.” I said with a smirk as we said our farewells and I turned towards the stairs climbing them rapidly before they changed on me, who knows where I’ll end up if that happened. I then arrived upon a door which had no door handle or keyhole, except for the fact that there was a bronze knocker shaped as an eagle staring directly at me.

“Which came first, the phoenix or the feather?” The knocker asked me as I smiled.

“A circle has no beginning.” I said with a smile.

“Very clever, you may enter Clarissa Riddle.” The knocker replied as it swung open, I came inside the wide, circle shaped room with the midnight blue rug, arched windows stood out with a beautiful view of the mountains as the star painted ceiling twinkled as if they were real stars. The room was furnished with chairs, sofas, bookshelves prompt up against the wall, and a large marble statue of Rowena Ravenclaw, sporting her lovely diadem. I said hello to the few people lounging on the chairs reading, or playing chess as I made my way up the marble staircase towards the girls’ dormitory. I walked in taking notice that most of the girls were asleep, even Lara was asleep on the bed next to mine. I looked to see my trunk sitting at the foot of my bed with Max’s cage sitting on top. I gave out a loud yawn as I pulled out my elm wand and with a flick of it my pajamas were pulled out from the trunk.

I quickly changed in the simply shorts and tank top as I placed my robes on top of my trunk. I then made my way to my bed, placing my wand underneath m pillow, and once my head made contact with the soft goose feathered pillow I fell into a deep sleep. Dreaming of nothing, but of my three best friends and family.

________________________________________________________________________________

Well here you guys go! Sorry its a bit short and sort of dull, but i will have the next one most likely up tomorrow! :) I hope you guys liked it, it may start off slow but it will get, hopefully, exciting soon enough. I'm still trying to figure out who I want Clary to be with... And i probably wont choose until way later on. (: So it will be a mystery for a while, it may not even be one of the main characters! O.o... And whose the new teacher? And why does Clary feel like he's up to something? And whats up with Scorpius and Teddy?

The picture on the side is Samantha Weasley :) Joey King is so adorable.

Song of the Day: I Woke Up in a Car by Something Corporate

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. LIKE (facebook)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 67 22
!!THIS BOOK IS SHORT BUT HAS AT LEAST 1000+ WORDS IN EACH CHAPTER!! ~||my dear.. love is a curse that is unable to be broken.||~... ~||riddle me this...
998K 27.9K 51
"You know what I think, Miss Moore?" He moved closer, the scent of Peppermint, musk and a hint of cigarette deeply present in my nostrils. "And wha...
32K 562 37
- Draco Malfoy and Fred Weasley love triangle. -oc fanfic ... Draco Malfoy, Mr. Daddy's Money, has always acted like he hated her. What happens...
2.1K 9 15
Violet Potter's Second Year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has begun. When Harry Potter and his best friend, Ron Weasley are almost ex...