Create A Surreptitious Move

By signedbyleah

Blaine Sousa: A man who doesn't care about others opinions. Cassandra Harper: A woman who cares a little too... More

Characters
Prologue
01 || A bad feeling
02 || The great escape
03 || The locks
04 || A deal with the devil
05 || It's nice to have a friend
06 || Can I ask you a question?
07 || Traning
08 || Negotiation
09 || An unexpected visit
10 || Did you miss me?
11|| The cover
12 || Just this once
13 || Pool party
14 || Eventful
15 || Bad reputation
16 || Grief
17 || The dress
18 || The Ball
19 || The Kashmir Sapphire
21 || Game over
22 || I believe him
23 || Bundle of Sunshine
24 || Obsession
25 || Pages turned
26 || Goodnight
27 || Whisper
28 || Invisible string
29 || Self love
30 || Suprise
31 || Ironic
32 || You're something compatible
33 || My love
34 || Mine
35 || At my mercy
36|| Code 37
37 || Wake up
38 || Romeo and Juliet
39 || Best
40 || The little things
ANNOUNCEMENT
41 || Ready to go?
42 || New friends
43 || Loyal to me
44 || Jump then fall
45 || Safety
46 || Loyalties lie
47 || The best gift
48 || Amore mio
49 || Forever & Always
Epilogue || Wildest Dreams

20 || Decode

72 4 8
By signedbyleah

"Blaine." I say, knocking on the door for what feels like the hundredth time.

I know for a fact he's in his office, unless he's gone in a secret tunnel (which I wouldn't put it past him) then he's ignoring me

"I swear to-" The door swings open to reveal an annoyed looking Blaine.

"Now, now, no need to swear." He says.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do. If you'd have answered the door the first fucking time I fucking knocked there'd be no reason for me to swear." I say barging past him and into the room.

I don't miss his eye roll as he shuts the door behind me.

"Anyone ever tell you you've got a big mouth?"

"Anyone ever tell you you've got a big ego?" I reply.

"I get that a lot actually." He says walking to his desk. "So why are you banging on my door and cursing at me?" He asks sitting back on his chair. I sit opposite him and he looks at me expectantly.

"You said that there we're messages. I've been thinking-"

"That's dangerous." He adds in.

"-it wouldn't hurt for me to take a look at the messages."

"It's pointless, they're just nonsense." He states. Why is he so difficult?

"Maybe you just need a new perspective."

He stands up and unlocks one of his drawers with a key.

"If you can make sense of this nonsense then good on you." He says handing me the pages of printed out messages.

I stand up to leave when he stops me.

"I'm sure I don't need to stress how important it is that you keep them hidden, right?" He asks.

"Got it. I'll lock my door when I look at them."

"Take this folder to conceal them while you're walking to your room." He says before handing me a plastic folder. It's almost like he....cares.

I slip the sheets of paper into the folder before promptly leaving to go back to my room.

I successfully get to my room without bumping into anyone. I make sure to shut and lock the door behind me.

I sit on the bed and take the five sheets of paper out of the folder and place them neatly onto my bed.

Frinkles jumps up and onto the bed, curious as to what I'm looking at.

I look down at the first page, which has two messages from two different numbers on it

"15.23456, -30.67890." @ 1400 - A

10-4

I have no clue what to make of that.

Let's look at it piece by piece.

The first person says "15.23456, -30.67890.", in speech marks which seems oddly specific.

They then put an "@" sybol which I'm going to assume means at.

"1400." Maybe that means the time? 1400 = 14:00....so 2pm.

The message is signed "-A". It most probably stands for anonymous but what if it doesn't? Maybe the mole's name starts with an A. If my friend Wes was here he would be excited at the whole pretty little liars in real life thing but it's a different story to acctually live it.

The next person's reply is "10-4". Might they be saying they can meet between 10 and 4? But shouldn't they have also done it in 24 hour format?

I decide to look at the next lot of messages to see if they make any more sense or give me any more clues.

10-40 Hermano esta noche -A

10-26

There's some random numbers again at the start of the message. "10-40" which means they can't be referring to hours. Is it possibly minutes? 10-40 minutes?

I recognise the next words as Spanish so I pull up google translate on my phone. "Hermano esta noche" translates to "Brother tonight".

Again, signed by A

10-40 minutes brother tonight -A.

That doesn't seem right.

Even still, I scribble all my notes down on an excess piece of paper.

Maybe I'll have better luck with the next one...

Code 37 Melikov tiene - A

10-4

10-97 - A

CODE 6, 11-56

This time there are 4 messages.

2 of the messages contain the word "code" and then a number. Did the two people make and learn a secret code before the mole got here? That would mean the mole was with the spanish mafia a long time, long enough to learn a list of secret codes.

I look on Google translate for the definition of "Melikov tiene", it tells me it means "Melikov has" so I'm guessing Melikov is a name or some elaborate code word.

The messages are, again, signed and there are, again, lots of numbers.

11-98, 10-36 - A

10-4

There isn't much information I can gather from these messages at the minute.

I'm just looking at the fact it says 98. If it was in minutes, I guess it could still be 98 but most would write it as 1 hour and 38.

I place the final sheet infront of me.

¿Cómo debo proceder?

187

Knowing that the words are in Spainsh, I translate them on my phone.

The first text says "How should I proceed?" At least that makes sense.

The next text is annoying ass numbers yet again.

I let out a loud sigh.

I feel like I lost brain cells reading them.

Ok, these messages are useless to me right now but if I can find out what these numbers or codes are, they could be extremely useful.

I've tried the method that Mariana used when she got a hidden number code but to no avail.

This secret code can't be widely used in the Mafia or Blaine would know what it means.

This is yet another dead end but I'm hopeful, in given time, that I'll be able to do something with these messages.

♡♡♡

The page of my book finishes with a full stop so I'm finally able to put it down. I turn the page and neatly place the bookmark inside.

I place the book next to me on the bed and turn my attention back to Frinkles, who's been patiently waiting for food.

"Ok. You stay here, I'll be right back." I say tossing the covers off myself.

I open my bedroom door and the lights in the hallway come on. The hallway lights automatically turn on with movement on a night time unless you fully shut them off. I learned that the hard way when I thought someone was messing with me.

The house is unusually empty and it's extremely quiet. I haven't heard from anyone practically all day.

I don't know exactly where everyone went but at breakfast I heard talk of some sort of misson. The majority, if not all, of the people are gone.

I stared at the 5 pages that Blaine give me for hours and I still understand next to nothing. It was pissing me off. I re-read the lines over and over so many times I was close to flinging them out the window and so I got out my book to de-stress.

I lost track of time while reading and so now poor Frinkles is hungry.

I walk down the stairs and as I walk into the next hallway the lights don't come on. I stop and start walking again, hoping that it'll pick me up but it doesn't.

Not wanting to walk down a long, pitch-black hallway by myself I stop. My eyes scan the wall, that's lit up by the adjacent hall, for a lightswitch.

My eyes land on a lightswitch and I reach out to press it before I hear one singular, faint footstep. My hand freezes mid-air.

I listen out for another footstep.

Seconds pass before I make the impulsive decision to switch on the light and confront my fears.

I expect no one to be there, that I'm just imagining it but when I catch a mere glimpse of someone walking round the corner, I know that this is real.

Shit.

My legs start walking, following after the figure and making the thoughtless, rash decision before my mind can catch up.

I hurry along the corridor and catch a peek of the person for no longer than a second before they're rounding the next corner.

There's definitely someone there.

By the build and height I can assume that it's a guy.

I didn't see much before he went out of sight but he looks eerily similar to the man that bumped into me and stormed off at the ball, the man I'd forgotten about until just this minute.

I move quicker and as I turn the corner he's only halfway down the hall.

"Hey." I shout. "Stop."

To my suprise he acctually freezes.

His head that was slightly bowed down (I'm guessing to conceal his face) returns to it's normal position but he makes no move to turn around. He stays still. He stays silent.

I begin to slow down as I near him, my rational thoughts now kicking back in.

What if this is a trap?

What if he's the mole?

What if he's trying to kill me?

I come to a stop with just over a meters distance between us.

"What are you doing? Who are you?" I ask.

"Castle." The singular word that comes out of the strangers mouth has me stumbling backwards in shock. How does he know that nickname?

Only one person called me that.

When the man turns around I almost pass out.

"Sidney." I try to say but it comes out in a whisper.

"How are you doing?" He says with a warm smile.

I stare at the man infront of me in shock.

"No." I say and his eyebrows furrow. "You're not him. You're not my brother. My brother died- he died and this is just some sort of sick game."

"Castle, it's me. I promise." The man says.

"Ok then.....then what was my first pet called?" There's no way this imposter can know.

"Technically your first pet was Frinkles but you like to believe my hamster carrot was yours." There's only one way he can know that.

"No. I'm making this shit up. This isn't real. You're not really here. It's just inside my head." I bring my palms up and rest them on my forehead.

"Cassie, I'm real," He says stepping forward. "and you're in danger so you need to listen to me."

I shake my head and take a step back. "I'm not listening to you, you're not real. You're dead." I say, my voice shaking.

"Well, I'm clearly not dead." He says frustratedly, throwing his arms up.

"I went to your funeral." I state.

"You didn't see my body though, did you?"

"I-" acctually didn't. "There wasn't any remains."

"I'm real." He tries to assure me.

He puts out his hand for me to take and prove that he's real. I just stare at his hand like it's a foreign object.

"I can't." I say my eyes darting to his. "If I do and you're not real then the tiny part of me that believes you dies."

I put my hand inches above his but make no move to fill the gap.

I'm working up the courage to do it when in a quick motion he gently grabs my arm.

It takes me a second to process.

He grabbed my arm.

He's really here.

Sidney is alive.

I look up to him in shock before pulling him in for a hug. He wraps his arms around me and puts his chin ontop of my head.

I've missed him so much.

"How is this possible?" I ask, pulling away.

"I promise, I'll explain everything. Just not right now."

"Why not right now?"

"Because we need to go quickly." He says.

"Go? Go where?"

"Anywhere other than here." He says reaching out to pull my arm.

I pull my arm out of his grasp. "For the past four years I thought you were dead, why?"

"Cassie." He scolds.

"Tell me."

"I will but we need to go. It's not safe here."

"Sidney."

"He'll kill you and me if he catches us." He says.

"Who?"

"Who do you think?"

"Sidney, you're not making sense. You're not acting like yourself. Tell me what's wrong and maybe I can help."

"The only thing that's wrong is that you're not listening to me. You're in danger. What do you not understand? I'm trying to help you, to make things right."

"Who am I in danger from?" I ask.

"Blaine."

"Blaine?" I question.

"He's a horrible person and when he inevitably finds out that I'm your brother and that I'm alive he'll kill us both which is why we need to leave right now." He says grabbing my arm and pulling me along behind him.

I pull my arm free and he spins around with an angry expression.

"He's not going to hurt me Sidney, I'm helping him and then he'll let me go."

"He's not just going to let you go, how naive can you be?"

"I'm not naive, I know what I'm doing. I know that it's dangerous. I don't particularly like Blaine but he isn't as bad as you're making him out to be."

"Yes he is. You just haven't gotten on the wrong side of him...yet." He says. "But when he finds out about you and me, you won't be so lucky."

"He's not going to find out." I state.

All of a sudden a loud gunshot echoes through the room, the unexpected sound causing a ringing in my ears.

After that everything happens so quickly.

♡♡♡

A/n I hit you like bang...we tried to forget it but we just couldn't and I bury hatches but I keep maps of where I put 'em. (Sorry not sorry)

Suprise post because I felt like it.

I have a scene in the next chapter that's going to have you giggling and kicking your feet.

There's also one that you're going to be like wtf.

Basically the next chapter is an emotional rollercoaster.

I'm sorry and you're welcome in advance ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 2.3K 17
Book 3 of the DeLuca Mafia Series Alessia DeLuca has known since she was a child that once she was an adult she would be forced into a marriage with...
407K 20.1K 58
Amara Milano. The powerful and lethal. Tristan Harper. The heartless and deadly. Together, the two would be a force to reckon with. Unstoppable. Unt...
432K 11.3K 63
A man claimed by the devil. A woman claimed by no one. Until him. Santo Romano is a monster. His family relies on him to torture and kill. It's his...
57.3K 2.5K 64
JEON JUNGKOOK is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the KOREAN mafia. He kills on site and fears no one. He has reclaimed...