Ambition and Destiny

Per purple-butterfly2002

Ambition is the fire that burns within us, propelling us forward even when we stumble and fall into the abyss... Més

My Characters#1#
👑 Chapter one 👑
👑 chapter two 👑
👑 Chapter Three 👑
👑 Chapter four. 👑
👑 Chapter Five 👑
👑 Chapter Six 👑
👑 Chapter Seven 👑
👑 Chapter Eighth 👑
👑 chapter nine. 👑
👑 Chapter Ten 👑
👑 Chapter eleven 👑
👑 Chapter Twelve 👑
👑 Chapter Fourteen 👑
👑 Chapter fifteen 👑
👑chapter Sixteen👑
👑 Chapter Seventeen 👑
👑Chapter Eighteen👑
👑 Chapter nineteen 👑
👑Chapter Twenty 👑
👑 Chapter twenty-one 👑
👑 Chapter Twenty-two 👑
👑 Chapter Twenty-Three 👑
👑 Chapter Twenty-four 👑
👑 Chapter Twenty-five 👑
👑Chapter Twenty-six👑
👑 Chapter Twenty-seven 👑
👑 Chapter Twenty-eight👑
👑 Chapter Twenty-nine 👑
👑 Chapter Thirty👑
👑 Chapter Thirty-one 👑

👑 Chapter thirteen 👑

42 1 0
Per purple-butterfly2002

Annie was fed up with the silence between her and the king. She tried to hold back her nerves, but the king, Alexander, sounded so provocative to her. Annie brought the porcelain cup to her lips, the warmth of the liquid soothing her troubled soul. She took a sip, allowing the rich flavours to envelop her senses, momentarily transporting her to a place of calm.

Her countenance bloomed as if the delicate flavours of the tea were imbuing her spirit with a sense of inner peace. The furrow in her brow eased, giving way to a more relaxed expression that spoke of resilience.

Lost in the moment, she was startled by the king's cold and commanding tone. His words pierced through the air, interrupting the tranquilly of the garden.

"This tea is not meant to be enjoyed in solitude. Take a piece of the cold sweets that have been served. Tea is not water to be consumed alone."

Taken aback by the king's cold and demanding tone, Annie said, Your Majesty, I appreciate your offer."

As her gaze shifted towards the dessert tower, Annie found herself captivated by a meticulously crafted, dome-shaped cake. With a delicate movement, her fingers reached out to claim this tempting masterpiece.

As Princess Annie delicately took a bite of the cold sweet, she was instantly transported to a realm of sweetness. It was a confection she had never experienced before, luxurious and delicious beyond her wildest imagination.

The cake was a different kind of temptation; it distracted her from her goal until a moment of clarity brought her back into focus. Annie reached out for a napkin to wipe away the remnants of chocolate that were lingering on her lips. And once she mustered up the necessary courage and determination, she began to speak.

Annie: "Your Majesty, may I ask why you brought me to the palace?". Since he showed neither objection nor acceptance as she watched his reaction, she continued, " I was content living as a commoner with my father in our humble cottage. We had peace and simplicity until the soldiers from the temple accused us of not paying taxes aggressively...And my life took an unexpected turn, leading me to be adopted by you and brought into this royal world of fine clothes, delicious food, and maids. But, Your Majesty, I want none of this. I seek justice and a return to the life I knew because I do not belong here "

The King, Alexander, asked calmly, with his gaze fixed upon the pages of the book," And what life was that, young Lady?"

As Annie noticed how he did not bother himself to look at her face, she answered his question with words full of passion and a little exaggeration: "I want a life with my father, Your Majesty. A life filled with love and simplicity. I may not have had riches or a noble title, but I had happiness. I long to see my father again and bring back the peace that was stolen from us. "

The king replied calmly," What a touching speech !"

Annie's voice quivered with determination as she boldly presented her suggestion.

"Your Majesty, perhaps it would be better if you married and had a successor instead of adopting a girl from a village. A child of your blood would carry on your legacy and ensure the stability of the kingdom."

A hushed stillness descended upon the room, punctuated by the piercing gaze of the King as his eyes narrowed and he tightened his fingers around the thin teacup's handle. In a sudden eruption of fury, the cup and saucer collided with a resounding clatter, causing Annie's heart to skip a beat.

The king asked sternly," You suggest that I should marry and have a successor instead of adopting a girl from a village?"

Annie swallowed nervously, her heart pounding in her chest. She hesitated for a moment, gathering her courage before responding.

"Yes, Your Majesty, I do. A royal marriage could secure the future of the kingdom with a legitimate heir...Otherwise, you can find another doll to disguise as your daughter, with whom you can play with her life as you see fit; however, I'm involved in this situation without my permission, where my life is toyed with "

The king looked her right in the eyes: "Your insolence is unmatched! ...did not the maids teach you that my decisions are mine to make, and they are not for you to question?"

Annie took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves, but anger crept into her voice as she replied.

"Throughout my bedtime, my father always regales me with tales of your remarkable heroism. But I never thought, in my wildest dreams, that you could be so authoritarian... Where is the king's justice!?"

The king paused for a brief moment, deep in thought, as he engaged in a silent dialogue with himself.

⟪Even the experienced men from the foreign kingdoms are unable to oppose me in the same manner as this young girl does...I bet she inherited this trait from her mother⟫

The king released a sigh, then he spoke: " You possess a boldness that is both infuriating and intriguing", He added as he took a long sip: "If you want justice, you should be prepared for having your head cut off for insulting the king, or you prefer to go back to the temple to decide what to do with you "

The king replied as he saw her speechless, "Learn to seize the chances that knock on your door ...I would be dishonest if I said I didn't appreciate your boldness and frankness, but they will turn into rudeness as long as you never think before you jump ",

He ended his words with a subtle dialectic threat," I cannot guarantee that our conversation will end well next time unless you behave appropriately."

When faced with the king's threat, Annie found herself in a contemplative state, where she had to carefully contemplate the potential outcomes that could arise from her response. It became paramount for her to acknowledge her misstep and, at the very minimum, express regret for her transgression. However, her resolute resolve to assert her own beliefs triumphs in the end, leading her to disregard the necessity for an apology.

She kept silent, expressing her refusal to take back her words; it was her way of taking responsibility for her words.

Out of the blue, Annie remembered her necklace and intended to ask the king, avoiding his sharp gaze.

"Your Majesty, may I know where my necklace is? I remember seeing it the last time I met you."

The king rose from his seat and walked purposefully towards her, positioning himself directly in front of her. Despite her constant avoidance of his gaze, he softly held her small chin, delicately raising her face to make eye contact.

Annie's face revealed a combination of surprise and apprehension. Her eyes slightly widened while her lips remained pressed together, neither frowning nor smiling, conveying an eager anticipation. The furrow on her brow softened a bit, unveiling a hint of vulnerability intertwined with her determination to unravel her missing necklace.

"If you have desires, you had better say them right in the face", the king said with a cold temper.

Annie's eyes locked with the king's unwavering gaze. She took a steadying breath, gathering her thoughts before mustering the courage to respond.

⟪I know he is trapping me with his authority and influence, along with a feeling of weakness, to make me completely submissive to him...But I won't give up until I get my necklace⟫

In response to his action, she began to stare directly into his eyes without blinking, ensuring that what he was doing would not have an impact on her.

"Your Majesty, I am sure you know where my necklace is...I would be pleased if you told me where it is."

The king relinquished his grasp, withdrawing his hand into the depths of his pants pocket. As he remained standing, his face bore the marks of power and control, peering down at her while she continued to remain seated, like she was nothing to mention.

"Well, young lady...your necklace is not with me", he said.

In an attempt to control her temper, she bit her lips in order not to say something that would add fuel to the fire.

" This is temporary, but your thing will come back to you after I make sure of something."

As she intended to ask, he interrupted her.

" The details are none of your business. What you should put in your little brain, you must adhere to the contents of the royal decree."

" What if I don't", Annie said with determined eyes.

He leaned towards her and spoke in a cold tone: "Believe me, it is not in your best interest to know... Just be a good girl and obey the orders without objection, and then you will lose nothing."

After he had finished his words, he walked towards the door to leave, but he stopped in the middle of his way and suggested, "You had better not think of escaping or running away; otherwise, I will ruin everything in my way to bring you back. At that time, my treatment of you will change ...Just in case, think twice before making any crazy decision."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

Heir Ascending Per booksnstuff

Literatura romàntica

170 17 30
She's a force, a fire that destroys all. But so is he. The saying goes to fight fire with fire. But what happens when it's not a war that fire feeds...
J is my nightmare Per keisi

Literatura romàntica

170 8 6
Annie is a senior high school girl with lots of worries in her head. While she only wants to party and have fun with her friends her chaotic mind doe...
515K 13.8K 52
When Allison's step mother and sister betrayed her for her wealth. Along with her loving husband, her world came crashing down. They throw her on st...
4.2K 1.2K 33
❛Some women fear the fire and some simply become it...❜ A 17 year old girl, who also happens to be an infamous assassin, named Red ends up in the Roy...