A Hidden World (Hogwarts X Re...

By WriterLopez

Book 1 [Philosophers Stone] So you see, I've noticed that there are barely any "X Reader" stories when it com... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (+Time Table)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (UNFINISHED UNEDITED)
SORRY
Snow day (EXTRA CHAPTER UNEDITED UN CHECKED)
Chapter 1(Not used)(UNFINISHED UNCHECKED UNEDITED)
Chapter 19 (Not used)(UNCHECKED UNEDITED) (UNFINISHED I THINK-)
-------X-------
The father
book titles and basic outline

Chapter 13

23 2 0
By WriterLopez

"STOP!"

Never in my eleven years of living had I thought I would be the peacekeeper but here I was, standing between them and pushing them apart gently as I spoke, "A fight before we're even at school will cause the three of you to lose any good light you have with the teachers."

I phrase it that way to make sure they all realize what's at stake.

Malfoy looks at me and raises a brow.

"Y/N, You too shouldn't hang around filth like them." He says looking at me like he thought he was giving me a well-needed warning.

"I'll consider that. But at the moment, I really need you to stop. Fighting will give not only you and Harry bad reputations but me as well. I'd be roped in too, and it will all be because I was in the same area. If I were you I'd save this for defense against the dark arts. I've heard that the practicals are usually duals among classmates." I say making sure to make my point clear.

With that, Malfoy nods and leaves taking Crabbe and Goyle with him.

Just then Hermione barged in.

"What has been going on?" she said, looking at Ron and Harry's enraged faces.

"You've met Malfoy before?" Ron asked looking at me.

"Met him while getting my robes at Madam Malkin's.
Was much nicer then.
Most likely because I gave off the impression that I was an equal to him." I say.

"You met him at Madam Malkin's? I did too," said Harry.

"I know. I saw you leave the store to eat ice cream with Hagrid." I say.

He nods ad suddenly his eyes widen, "You were at the bank. With that woman? Who'd talked with Hagrid..."

I nod finally being able to bring up the conversation but was once again cut off by Ron.

"I've heard of his family," said Ron darkly.

"They were some of the first to come back to our side after You-Know-Who disappeared. Said they'd been bewitched. My dad doesn't believe it. He says Malfoy'sfather didn't need an excuse to go over to the Dark Side." 

He turned to Hermione.

"Can we help you with something?" He asked Hermione.

"You'd better hurry up and put your robes on, I've just been up to the front to ask the conductor, and he says we're nearly there.
You haven't been fighting, have you?
You'll be in trouble before we even get there!" she said.

"I stopped the fight. Only brought them to their senses when I told them that." I say.

"Would you mind leaving while we change?" he said.

"All right, I only came in here because people outside are behaving very childishly, racing up and down the corridors," said Hermione in a sniffy voice.

"And you've got dirt on your nose, by the way, did you know?" she added.

Ron glared at her as she left.

Harry peered out of the window.

It was getting dark.

I could see mountains and forests under a deep purple sky.

The train did seem to be slowing down.

I quickly grab one of my robes from my trunk.

I grab one of the robe sets and head for the washrooms.

When I'm back I knock on the cabin door.

Ron opens it and yells, "I swear Hermione! Do you not-"

He stops when he realizes I'm not Hermione.

"What's your problem with her anyway?" I say confused.

"She's just such a Know-It-All." was all he responded with.

Just then a voice echoed through the train.

"We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately."

I was so excited yet so nervous at the same time.

I felt like I was going to bounce off the walls.

I watched as Harry and Ron crammed their pockets with the last of the sweets and did the same.

We then joined the crowd thronging the corridor.

The train slowed right down and finally stopped.

People pushed their way toward the door and out onto a tiny, dark platform.

I shivered in the cold night air.

Then a lamp came bobbing over the heads of the students, and we heard a voice, "Firs' years! Firs' years over here! All right there, Harry?"

I looked around to find the source of the voice.

Hagrid's big hairy face beamed over the sea of heads.

"C'mon, follow me, any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs'years follow me!" he continued.

Slipping and stumbling, we followed Hagrid down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path.

It was so dark on either side of us that you couldn't see anything.

Nobody spoke much.

Neville, the boy who kept losing his toad, sniffed once or twice.

"Ye' all get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," Hagrid called over his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here," he said.

It took a little getting used to, to understand his accent.

Just then as we took a turn there was a loud chorus of Ooooohhh.

The narrow path had opened suddenly onto the edge of a great black take.

Perched atop a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky was a vast castle with many turrets and towers.

It glowed with this beautiful Aura.

I was in absolute awe.

My voice had gone dry.

The sight had quite literally made me speechless.

"No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore.

Harry, Ron, and I were followed into our boat by Hermione.

"Everyone in?" shouted Hagrid, who shared a boat with Neville.

"Right then, FORWARD!" he yelled.

And the fleet of little boats moved off all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass.

Everyone was silent, staring up at the great castle overhead.

It towered over us as we sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.

The scene was gorgeous.

It seemed so peaceful and magical.

It sounded so stupid for me to be surprised by it feeling magical when this is quite literally a school for magic.

But it truly was magical.

It was a kind of feeling I had not expected to feel here.

"Heads down!" yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff.

Everyone bent their heads and the little boats carried us through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff face.

We were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking us right underneath the castle until we reached a kind of underground harbor, where we clambered out onto rocks and pebbles.

"Oy, you there! Is this your toad?" said Hagrid, who was checking the boats as people climbed out of them.

"Trevor!" cried Neville blissfully, holding out his hands.

Then we clambered up a passageway in the rock after Hagrid's lamp, coming out at last onto smooth, damp grass right in the shadow of the castle.

We walked up a flight of stone steps and crowded around the huge, Oak front door.

"Everyone here? You there, still got yer toad?" asked Hagrid.

Hagrid raised a gigantic fist and knocked three times on the castle door.

Author's note:
Finally, the sorting hat is next!!!

Word count: 1142

~Author <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1.1K 26
"They hate each other," "No, they don't. Not really," Luka is a teenage boy who is really calm and patient, yet still has normal human-being anger de...
404K 7.7K 13
(Name) is a normal girl. That is what everyone thinks. It is a secret. Until Hiccup finds out. Short chapters!!! All rights deserved (C) Animation_Mi...
1M 54.5K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
80.4K 2.3K 17
You have a tiresome job, and a boring life pretty much. Every day is the same routine: wake up, work, go home, eat, sleep, and the cycle continues th...