The Day Before Yesterday (BxB...

By ShytheHyacinth

After waking, Dylan learns of the truth that his parents tried desperately to hide. The incident isn't at al... More

𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖈𝕶!
𝕮𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝕶𝖊 𝖀𝖕
𝕿𝖜𝖔 𝕷𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕬 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉'𝖘 𝕾𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖆
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖞, 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖞, & 𝕾𝖊𝖝
𝕻𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖝
𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕿𝖞𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑 𝕱𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
 𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝕴 𝕯𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖄𝖔𝖚
𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖂𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓
𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖏𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖞'𝖘 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖘
𝕬 𝕿𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓 𝕴𝖓 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖉𝖊
𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖘 𝕺𝖓 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉
𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞 𝕮𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘 & 𝕽𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖓𝖆𝕶𝖊𝖘
𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝕶 𝕹𝖔 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖊
𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖍
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕴𝖋 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝕬 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖂𝖆𝖓𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕿𝖜𝖎𝖓 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖘

𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞

233 9 2
By ShytheHyacinth

A/N: Soooo y'all start school yet? I'm sorry if you did I know how tiring that shit is. Get your degrees tho, that's what all the hot girlies do 🤭 p.s. I haven't written smut in forever so it's probably trash, so sorry for that lol 🫶🏽🫶🏽🫶🏽
________________________________
Warning: This chapter contains sexually explicit content, unreliable narrator, themes of bdsm/bondage, and a whole bunch of other things I should probably say, but that'll ruin the surprise. As always view discretion advised.
________________________________

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚛𝚒)

Here I lay, bounded, gripping the sheets, handprints all over my ass, bites all over my neck, and a serious urge to cum. Normally a scene like this would be right up my alley. Normally I'd be moaning in delight at the feeling of Saint thrusting so hard he hits my cervix. Unfortunately I have to pretend the dick isn't good because I made a bet.

Now your probably shocked at how lewd I talk, if not your definitely confused on what bet I'm talking about. Honestly just shut up and listen for a second so I can fill you in.

First I'll preface this story by admitting I have no filter, my mouth gets me into more trouble than Dylan ever could. Secondly, Saint is an egotistical jackass who loves being right.

Unfortunately, so do I.

He's delicious and I'm a slut for anything he's willing to give me but his sass is the one thing I refuse to put up with. I have to be right, even when I'm probably wrong.

Anyways this crap all started when I, an innocent precious omega, bit off a little bit more than I could chew. Albeit, we all should've expected this from me.

At the end of the day I'm a wolf, and if you wave a treat in my face I'll fall into any trap you've set for me.

My only hope is Dylan won't be pissed when he gets his body back.

—𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫—

"Saint, do you have to be so traditional?" I spat out much ruder than I had intended to. I was in preheat bridging onto full blown inferno when Saint placed me down in a chair. He gathered materials for my nest and allowed me to grow accustomed to our new bedroom.

I was so elated that we could finally share a space without any more silly customs royals had followed.  Though I was hoping we would've consummated the milestone as well as our new marriage by this point in the evening.

"I want you to be comfortable, need you to feel safe." Saint grunted absently as he continued to scent each of the materials he had selected to construct my nest.

His thinking always reverted to such a primal extent when he was in rut. He barely talks, hardly thinks, he is just lead by instinct and emotion. Meanwhile I was the opposite during my heat. I talked a lot, and thought more than enough for the both of us and then some.

"We could just peel the clothes off of our bodies and fuck against the bed, or the wall, hell even the floor seems appealing at this point." I gritted out as I pulled at the lace and frills of the gown I was in. Saints eyes took in every inch of my body before he ultimately ignored my request.

"Patience, Dimitri. Let's do this first." Saint commanded with his pheromones burning into the space. His rut was sucking the air out of the room and leaving me drunk on each puff of air I took in.

"Ughh, fine." I huffed as I walked over to the soft king sized mattress. I dramatically grabbed the comforter off the mattress and dragged it where I intended to make my nest.

In the corner of the room there was this vintage wicker round designed specifically for nesting. It's kind of like a cross between a bed and bean bag, but ten times as soft. The base was made from the same family of wood Davedoré comes from. They were uncommon to own due to their price so I've never seen one.

I couldn't believe he went out of his way to find one. They were expensive and the scent they gave off was like a musky lavender, relaxing and sweet.

I put down each material delicately before stepping into the lavish thing. I instantly sunk into the material and let out a delighted string of purrs.

"In, please." I whispered towards Saint as he stepped out of his clothes to join me in my nest. It didn't take long to convince him, he was instantly on me. Hands anyplace they could grip, he kissed me in ways that made my heart throb and my head spin.

I was as drunk on his scent as he was on mine.

I needed my clothes off. I was burning and tears formed in my eyes with each cuff or button I couldn't undo. My skinned felt like fire and I needed him to cool me down before I burned away, leaving nothing but a pile of ashes.

Despite my discomfort Saint let out a punched out sound as he watched me squirm against the sheets. His eyes dripped with lust as I stared back at him in a daze.

I know I look too good to eat, but these clothes should've been torn off my body well over an hour ago.

"Help." I whined as I pulled at the fabrics. Satin dresses, corsets, pearls and ribbons. I was a gift waiting to be unwrapped. At the sound of my helplessness he was pulling at my seams to rip the material. Freeing me to the cool breeze of the night.

He gripped my thighs and pushed my legs up till they were flat against the nest, allowing him to lean into my core. I laid dripping in front of his intense eyes, quivering as me bent down to place kisses anywhere but where I craved for them.

"So pretty, so fucking perfect." He praised as he licked a stripe from my heat up to the head of my dick.

"Haa mnh Saint." I moaned as I relished in the sensations that stirred the deepest parts of me.

I fucking loved a blow job, I didn't give a fuck which one of us were giving it. It's one of my many turn ons, and he was working me like a light switch.

His fingers dug into my supple flesh, the open kisses he pushed into my core as he stroke me to the verge of finish. And the words he whispered against me had my heat doubling tenfold.

"Saint, Nghhh mm-more. Please!" I begged desperately as he took his time working me up.

This fucking dick.

He was too busy playing with his food while I wanted to get a decent fuck in, before I turned into a mindless brat.

"Goddess, stop playing with me and get on with the damn thing! I want your fucking knot." I pleaded desperately as my skin started to burn.

"So crass and loud. I know your a desperate slut for me but can we get through the foreplay first?" Saint mumbled as he ignored my pleas, he waved it off as heat induced desperation but I was this desperate for him with or without the heat.

"Ugh, you act like an old man. Is that the problem? You can't get it up or something?" I goaded sassily causing his pheromones to slip out in a heavy wave.

"Dimitri keep running your mouth and I'll gag you." Saint growled as he inserted two thick fingers into my core. I shuddered in delight out how he curled them into me. Making sure to brush against my sweet spot.

"I-I'm just saying Alpha, if your playing with me because you a-ah mmph, t-think you'll tap out before me..." I teased causing the wolf to yank his fingers out, and grab me by my hair.

"Are you betting on that 'Mitri?" Saint whispers against my lips. The way his fingers locked in my red tresses left me know choice but to stare in his eyes. I almost let my resolve fall apart when he stared back at me with twice the intensity.

"And what if I was?" I pondered aloud, curious to see how far he wanted to take this little wager.

"Then I'd agree to play, I'm at your whim Omega. I like to watch you get rowdy knowing only I can tame you." Saint purred out sensually as he sent me a sweet smile.

"Fuck you. Your at my fucking whim because I'm the one whose running shit. You can't tame—" I was in the midst of a long winded rant when the wolf in front of me broke out into a hearty laughter. It was so beautiful to hear it made me sick to my fucking stomach.

"What in Goddess's name are you laughing at?" I bitched out while pushing away from him as he let out thundering guffaws. My skin was instantly searing the second I pulled away from him. I had to bite my tongue to keep the cry from escaping my lips.

Him being the semi-perfect mate he was sensed my pain in an instant. Despite my anger towards him and his teasing towards me, he pulled me into his embrace. Allowing his scent to cool my ache like a salve.

Ugh he's so frickin' hot when he's attentive. If I wasn't so complicated I'd let all this go and make him fuck me raw right now.

Should I cut it out? Maybe I'm being too dramatic.

"I'm sorry for laughing. It was just funny how you said that your in charge. We both know your always the first one to tap out." Saint apologized sweetly before spouting cold and diabolical lies.

The fuck?! This gargantuan mutt is obviously out of his mind and it's definitely time to double down.

"Excuse me?! What the hell?" I hissed as I slapped a hand to my chest and gasped.

"It's okay, don't run away from the truth." He cooed while putting a hand to his own chest, mimicking me.

"I'm not running from shit, and I'll prove it right now. I'll make you tap out first, no foul play." I betted while waving a finger in his face. He leaned in and bit my finger playfully before cracking a wide smile.

"Fine. I'll play into your wager. Same rules for me?" He asked as he ran his hand against my mate bite.

"Foul play? Uh yeah, don't use your Alpha voice, or anything. And I won't use any of your kinks against you." I shrugged while relishing in his sweet caresses.

"Mmm, how considerate. Though with or without the kinks, you'll tap out first." Saint taunted before he stripped down each article of clothing he was wearing.

I literally hate him. The asshole didn't even try to be hot, but the way he took off his shirt with one hand....

Nah pause, pause.

I got to calm down before I actually tap out early. He got me giggling, kicking my feet and shit.

I was lost in heat riddled thoughts when I felt Saint lean against me, his weight and warmth filled my entire senses. He kissed me fervently. If I didn't know any better I would've thought he was starving the way his mouth was on mine.

"Goddess." I whispered when he finally relented, pulling away to grab something from the side of  the nest. He gave me a simple instruction to turn over and put my hands up.

I felt his weight shift and suddenly his dark gold eyes looked at me with the upmost sincerity.

"You tell me the minute you've had enough, the same way you tell me if you want more, okay?" He asked while awaiting my response. I held the position of my hands resting over my head and sent him a nod.

"Speak up." He scolded as he slapped a hand against my ass.

'Speak up' is insaaaane. I should refuse—

"I-I understand." I groaned as I peeked over at him. He seemed content in the answer despite not showing it, he just focused on whatever he was planning. As embarrassing as it was, I was completely blindsided by what was staring me in the face.

He had pulled out red bondage rope from Goddess knows where, that he purchased goddess knows when, and he worked on binding me head to toe in an intricate design.

"Where did you even learn how to do this, what the fuck?" I asked only to be met back with silence.

"So you think you'll win by not saying anything? You better answer me before I get crazy." I warned with edge to my voice.

"I'm just checking the tension baby, calm down." He replies softly as he pulls on different parts of the rope making sure it didn't pinch my skin.

The way my legs were tied up had me positioned with my back arched towards him. My face was shielded within the nooks of my elbows as my arms tied together in front of me.

Truthfully I was rock hard. I didn't exactly know if this was considered cheating. This is a newfound kink for me so I wasn't sure if it was off the table.

While I was contemplating internally and egging Saint on verbally, he finally gave into my pleas and his rut. Without another word he thrusted his entire length into me.

"Hngh ohhh f-fuck." I cried happily as he began moving, deep and slow. He was grumbling in my ear, sweet nothings mixed with strings curses. I was calling out his name and succumbing to the heat. Everything was so perfect, and so right.

"Saint, Aah s-slow down." I moaned as I felt his pace quicken. A pressure started building up within me each time I tried to chase it away.

"But your close, don't you wanna cum?" He groaned out as he continued his bruising pace. His arms were caging me in as he left bites all along my neck and back.

I may be a slut but this man right here, yeah, he's a fucking villain.

"Your making it really hard for me to win right now."

"Oh right, the bet....can't I just make you feel good without the competition. I love you Dimitri." He revealed causing me to bite down on the sheets. My legs were shaking, my head was throbbing and I think at some point I was moaning so loud you would've thought I loved it.

"Ugh you asshat!" I groaned as I felt my stomach flutter. I think I did love it, more than I was willing to admit.

Hold it in—Don't do it, don't cum, think about something sad....something super super sad.

I can't think of anything fuck!

I don't have to draw a picture for you to figure out what happened next.

————

"Drink." A voice grumbled commandingly. It had an undertone of sincerity yet at the same time unbeknownst urgency.

"W-What?" I slurred back tiredly as my body creaked like a old house.

With every movement my skin felt taut and sheen with sweat. My stomach felt heavy yet my lips felt dry. That was until water trickled past the narrow parting and gave me swift relief.

"You've been out of it for awhile, your heat has calmed." Saint whispered as he ran his hands through my soft red hair, pushing the loose strands out of my face.

"Did I win?" I asked while suddenly remembering in some far off memory that we had a bet.

"You won." He smiled softly while allowing me to believe the obvious lie. I know I came so hard I saw stars and then some, but I was willing to save face.

"Yay." I grinned despite the truth that connected us both. By truth I mean his raging knot.

"How long have we been stuck like this?" I asked as I shifted my weight, struggling to find the most comfy position on his solid frame.

"Probably twenty minutes. My rut is practically faded so it should go down any minute now." Saint explained as he continued to caress my hair. Allowing his large hands to massage every part of my scalp.

"You know you're kind of adorable despite being a competitive prick."

"Not kind of, I'm very adorable. Also the competition keeps you on your toes. If I was a sniveling submissive coward, the sex would be no fun." I shrugged while humming softly at his peppered caresses.

"Did you feed me?" I asked with a note of surprise lacing my voice.

"Of course I did. Not that you'd remember but I called for our meals to be brought here between knottings." He explained as he sent me a happy grin.

"Can't wait to do this all over again next month."

"Same rules?"

"Wouldn't dream of changing them."

"Really, I can think of a few new rules. We definitely need to expand the parameters of the kinks." I replied while rolling my eyes at his obliviousness.

"Was it the rope thing?" He asked with a wince.

"It was the rope thing." I added with a unamused glare.

We both fell into a comfortable silence after several laughs and a bit of banter later. I would've like to spend a little more time with Saint that wasn't riddled with the daze of my heat. Yet at last Dylan and Jayden want their bodies back.

There's always next month.

See you bitches then.

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙹𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚗)

"I need a shower." Dylan croaked towards me the second we came back.  I had to fight back a laugh as his legs shook beneath him.

"Okay Tiny, anything else?" I offered as I scooped him up into my arms. We did smell kinda crazy, not as bad as the room though. It reeked of the bitter scents of our fading heats.

"I'm kinda in the mood to watch a movie." He shrugged as he leaned into me.

"Ooh the one with that Ethan was talking about? What was that shit called again?"

"Interstellar?"

"The one where the dad abandoned his kid but like because it was cinematic and had a good playlist people thought it was revolutionary." I clarified while loosely recalling the plot.

"You know....that might be a little heavy for aftercare." He tsked while giving it more thought.

"You're absolutely right."

"Disney movie or Netflix original?" Dylan asked as he listed a few options from each, missing how my eyebrows pinch together in appall.

"There's only one correct answer here, let's not be goofy." I chuckled loudly as we stepped into shower.

"Right."

We went on to bathe, dry off, and stumble over to what was left of our bed. There were sheets and pillows everywhere and I had vague snippets of clarity. I don't really remember much.

"I feel like we should get the group back together. Have a few days of fun before we have to be actual leaders." He mumbled painfully optimistic, I almost didn't have it in my heart to tell him any different.

"That'd be nice but Dylan—"

Suddenly there was a desperate round of knocks at the door followed by some muffled chatter and the calling of our names.

During our honeymoon is kinda wild, something better be on fire out there or I might tweak.

The double floor to ceiling doors cracked open and in walked Dylan's maid.

"My sincerest apologies my liege, my Lunos. I was told to come and retrieve you because of the severity of the matter though if your still unavailable—" the curly haired blond ranted as she repeated flicked her eyes to the door and back to us.

"No it's fine Anastasia, what's wrong?" Dylan shot up while sensing the tension in her voice. I was quick to follow suit and we were throwing on shirts to make us more presentable.

"My liege, the Princess consort Kiara has gone into labor. The baby is coming..." She revealed suddenly making my heart fucking skip a beat.

"Hurray!" Dylan squealed in excitement as he grabbed my arm and warped all of us over to the castles Royal midwives quarters.

Outside the room where Kiara has been inside wailing, there was our family, and all of our friends looking tense yet eager for the worst to be over.

"Ma, how is she?" I ask softly, drawing her head towards us.

"Goddess, I thought you two would never arrive." My mother said while flicking her head towards the room.

"She's completely dilated. We left to give room for the midwife to work, some of the elders are in their too for the first blessing of the baby." She filled in as she put a hand to her own stomach.

"Good Goddess, the agony and delight of childbirth." She muttered to her sister who nodded and threw a glance at Emma.

"I was swiftly reminded why I held off on kids during her birth. Wow, wasn't that pregnancy a doozy." My aunt chuckled.

"The blood lost." My mom winced underneath her breath.

"Wasn't as bad as the tearing, or postpartum." My aunt laughed humorously.

"Wow that makes me all the more terrified. Thank you." Ryan grinned nervously as he held his stomach and sent a glare towards Dominic.

"Holy shit your fucking pregnant! I had a vision about it!" Lizzie suddenly shouted as she threw an accusing point his way.

"Pshhh, whaaaaat?!? Why would you think—" Ryan began to brush off before he broke into tears.

"Yeah, it's been really hard to keep it a secret for this long, there was a lot going on and I just never found the right time to—"

"You're fucking lying! Your pregnant for real?! Imma be an Auntie?" Sasha suddenly shoots up and starts jumping and joy. Dylan instantly joined her and suddenly the entire room was celebrating.

"Ooh, pregnancies in this castle are spreading like wildfire." Renaeh laughed before handing a small picture to Ethan.

"Wait, what is this?" Ethan asked in confusion as he turned the photo over to show us. It was black and white and exactly what we all suspected it was. Nayara and Lizzie as well as Marcus were quick to start jumping around with joy.

"I would join in the jumping but I'm heavily pregnant." Heaven added as she pointed to her stomach and sent a few claps there way before she waddled over to take a seat.

Through the entire conversation Auntie Giselle started screaming off the top of her lungs some Bahamian drivel. Most of it was praises to the goddess the other was just inaudible cries of joy.

Caribbean parents always be screaming about something, even when it's good news.

"Babe that's my sonogram, and that tiny spec there is..." Renaeh filled in causing Ethan's eyebrows to shoot up.

"We're having a baby?!" He shouted while literally dropping to his knees and kissing her stomach.

"This is so precious. Y'all stay safe though, we are trying to enjoy our marriage for a bit longer—" I told causing Dylan to whack my arm.

"You can't say that now, it's insensitive to all the preggos." He scolded beneath his breath. I sucked in a sharp breath.

I wanted to voice that calling pregnant people preggo might've been more offensive than temporarily swearing off kids. Though he didn't seem in the mood to hear it.

"It's okay Jayden, at least I have my grandson from my eldest to dote on." My father chirped happily to which my mom rolled her eyes.

"And how do you know the baby is a boy?" My mom asked while side eying the man.

"Why? Us Beaumonts have carried on our reign this long by having sons first. Dove, I have a strong inkling that—"

"She delivered safely guys. It's a girl!" My brother announced with tears in his eyes as he threw the door open and motioned for us to come in.

We all swarmed in with whoops and hollers of glee as we walked into the room.

I think somewhere back there my dad was still standing in the hall mouth agape, though despite that everyone in the room had a heart to their chest and where cooing over the baby.

"A granddaughter, my perfect healthy little granddaughter." My mom cried with joy as she struggled to get a hold of her emotions.

"She's so beautiful Kia." Dylan uttered so tenderly I would've thought his heart had cracked open.

The scent of joy and yearning leaked from my mate in minute waves, so subtle everyone but myself missed it.

That's a conversation for tomorrow.

I walked over and held Dylan, looking at how my brother and his wife cradled the entire world in their hands. So much responsibility yet the paternal drive to give them every ounce of love you have.

"What's her name Kia?" I asked softly as I stared down at the baby. I almost couldn't believe how tiny she was, even my chest tightened looking at her.

"Diharí, after my grandmother." Kia revealed as she motioned for her parents as well as mine to come over and hold the baby.

"She has your eyes Keke." Her dad smiled as he sent a gleeful glance to his wife.

"The same eyes as your mother."

"Aww, I see it Papa. It's so wonderful to see you both, I know how busy you've been with the hunting season." Kia went on to say causing her father to swat away her worries.

"Fresh blood for the winter doesn't hold a candle to the importance of our granddaughter's birth." He promised before passing Dirahí over to my father.

"She just opened her eyes!" He whispered with urgency as he turned for the whole room to see.

"Good Goddess, they're like stars and the moon shining back at you." Someone cooed.

"There's not a single thought behind those eyes." Kailani muttered causing the room to break out into laughter.

"Completely clean slate, I didn't wanna say nothing but it was all I was thinking too." Kaleeya chuckled alongside her.

"Geez. Enjoy these peaceful moments while you can. I know I did before the twins learned to talk." My mom teased earning a gasp from the two girls.

"We didn't even do nothing."

"Mama, that was completely uncalled for."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's get a family picture to remember this moment of calm." My mom dismissed as she pulled out a camera from Goddess knows where.

"The second all these babies start running around the palace there won't be much of that." My dad chuckled as he motioned for everyone to huddle up by the bedside.

"Do we say cheese or something dumb?" Someone asked.

"Maybe we should all say the baby's name? On three?"

"Imagine thirty people calling your name, just as you came out of the womb. Y'all don't think that's scary?" Leo asked making the rest of us rethink the whole 'say cheese,' thing.

"So, definitely cheese on three?" Aisha asked while looking at the maid holding the camera.

"Yeah, let's just do that." Kia nodded in support, clearly wanting this to be done with so she could rest.

"1, 2, 3, cheese!" We all called softly as we posed for the photo. Locking the moment in the eternal embrace of a memory captured.

Thinking back to all that's happened these last few weeks I can see how I might've gotten too comfortable. When you get too comfortable and a little too happy, the universe likes to send you a fastball to knock you off your fucking feet.

I know I was certainly knocked off of mine.

To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 631 26
One wintery night, (y/n) was left alone in the snow when she was just a little pup as her mother was killed and her father was nowhere in sight. It w...
33K 1.9K 55
"To what do I owe this honor?" his voice is trembling with laughter. Jee-buss... he finds this funny... "I saw a butterfly and followed it in here?"...
152K 7.5K 134
Hey Guys!!! This is Book 2 of my Realize series. If you haven't read the first book yet, I highly recommend that you do to avoid any confusion. But...
78.5K 3.3K 27
Felix's past still haunts him. After the events that happened almost 10 years ago, He finally decided to talk it through with someone. Someone that c...