The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remn...

By User456as

When a young Ex-Gang lord was betrayed by his own blood is suddenly transported Remnant to start again... or... More

Chapter 1: New Line of Work
Chapter 2: Talking it Through
Chapter 3: Me?
Chapter4: The Hunt continues
Chapter 5: Sea Problem
Chapter 6: Welcome to Atlas
Chapter 7: Snow Day
Chapter 8: Transport
Chapter 9: Scout
Chapter 10: Motion
Chapter 11: Mentor
Chapter 12: A Regular Day
Chapter 13: Confrontation
Chapter 14: A Friendly Meeting
Chapter 15: Talk
Chapter 16: Hostage
Chapter 18: Heists
Chapter 19: The Showdown
Chapter 20: The Seeker
Chapter 21: The Air Ship
Chapter 22: Travel
Chapter 23: Again?
Chapter 24: Trouble
Chapter 25: Massacre
Chapter 26: Another Day, Another Memory
Chapter 27: Old Man's Deal
Chapter 28: Meeting
Chapter 29: Gone Wrong
Chapter 30: Discipline
Chapter 31: Unlikely Evening
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: More Truths
Chapter 34: Who's Side Are You On?
Chapter 35: Finding the Train to Hell
Chapter 36: Found the Train to Hell!
Chapter 37: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 38: Lesson Taught...
Chapter 39: Lesson Learned
Chapter 40: Beacon Days
Chapter 41: Beacon Days Pt.2
Chapter 42: The Fall of Beacon
Update!

Chapter 17: Corrupt

887 22 1
By User456as

While Hector and Traya were waiting for the device to arrive Traya was training Hector.

Albeit Hector would say "training" wasn't to word, more like "not knowing my damn limit" was more like it.

Traya was purposely launching decent size rocks at Hector's chest where he was taking hits.

Hector had told her to calm down with the training but Traya disregarded his request.
After recovering from two rocks pushing him back via the chest he thought enough with the defense.

Hector then using Sion's sword launched fire when he had a clear opening which Traya was sorta shocked but not surprised.

"I see you're finally fighting back-"
Without hesitating Hector drew his shotgun after switching Sion's sword from his right to left hand and began firing.

Traya then just as quickly drew her swords.
Her swords were long and the ends curved upwards with elegant engravings near the center aswell as on the sword's guard.

The pummel in each of the three swords had a amethyst gem in the center with the grip being dark oakwood.

She blocked the slug shots but a small portions of it hit her robe. Hector then began to reload before the she sent her swords towards Hector at impossible speeds and pinned him to the nearby rock.

"I don't remember allowing you to use your shotgun. Explain." Traya said with anger in the last word of her sentence.

"I thought you said and I quote 'Be unpredictable' end quote. If anything I've been listening to what that ancient mouth of yours- RGH!"

Before Hector could throw out an insult she put the ends of the grips of against his chest before releasing him. Coughing and holding his chest in pain he glared at Traya with hate.

'After this... I'm definitely going solo.'

Hector thought as Traya waited for him.

'I can see why her Huntress license almost got revoked... fucken bitch.'

Two Days later...

"Damn time he got this." Hector said as he waited on top or a nearby building.

Hector was at one of the businesses The Sister owned waiting to set off the distraction. There was a construction project going on near one of Sister's businesses so he would purposely have one of the walls separate her from the bot.

As Hector waited to push the wall he saw her coming with six guards along with her bot. In Hector's opinion she looked pretty. Long brown hair that curled naturally blue eyes, the whole nine yards but he would kill her later.

The robot was behind them seemingly struggling to keep up as there were children Hector paid to throw rocks at.

The bot turned around and started walking towards one of the kids which was Hector's cue to push the wall with nearby construction equipment.

Other than the guards who Hector was sure either died or lost a chromosome or two went it.

Before the drone got the kid Hector leg swept it and shoved the hard drive under it's "jaw" sort to speak and it automatically shut down as Hector didn't want it fighting back.

"What the hell?!" The Sister yelled out not expecting a thick brick wall falling behind her.

While it was loading Hector moved it close to the debris and the dust was settling which was bad. He just needed a few more seconds to download it's memory but if he was seen the whole mission was blown.

Which meant one thing: No getting paid.

'Let's get this bread.'

Hector thought as he saw the some of the structure still somewhat unstable and threw Sion's sword at the base of it making it start leaning towards them.

'Aw fuck.'

Hector thought as it was now falling at them. Hector quickly grabbed the harddrive before it fell on him. By then the kids he hired were long gone which was fine by him, he got what he wanted and they got paid.

A win-win if situation if you ask him.
He then destroyed the memory drive that was already in the bot to erase any recording of him with a brick before running down a adjacent hallway. Once behind a trash bin he got out his scroll and connected it to the harddrive.

He the saw dates, spreadsheets, people's contact information, buildings, locations out in the desert and much more.

He smirked underneath his scarf despite the heat before walking out of the alleyway calmly and heading down to the council's building.

However he then went into a public bathroom and went into a stall to check the contacts in the harddrive.

It ranged from their family, lieutenants, accountants, bankers, security personnel from the borders and to his no-so-very much surprise... Councilman Ziro. Earth or on Remnant, politicians never seemed to stop being greedy assholes.

Of course, the bank transfers to various accounts led to one in the end which was a rookie move in terms in money laundering.

Hector then used his other scroll to contact Traya.

"Traya, I've got good news and bad news which one?"

"Bad news."

"Well the... Happy One is connected to the Florence family." Hector answered.

"I see... the good news?"

"More reason for them to pay me more." Hector replied.

"..."

"What?"

"Just get back here with the harddrive. And figure out the rest of your plan."
Hector went back to base where Traya was meditating. Ignoring his somewhat bitchy mentor he left towards a nearby cave where a few young Deathstalkers lurked.

As usual they acknowledged him but didn't mind his presence. He then paid out the scroll with the harddrive and several images popped up featuring locations and people.

"This is gonna take awhile." Hector thought to himself as he began to think when would be good to strike the family.

He started looking at any and all previous gang wars the family has been involved in, their previous predecessors, their relationship with one another, their styles. It was all slowly piecing together in his head.

However there were some people unhappy about his killings, even more than Atlas.

Somewhere...

"So... he's operating in Vacuo?"

"Yes Salem. According to Tyrian he's going after someone big since the council themselves hired him. He snuck into the council room via the large glass ceiling." Watts, the disgraced Atlas scientist said.

Salem, the one who tried to overthrow the Gods but was cursed with immorality when her plan to resurrect her dead lover failed.

Now stuck in a bitter war of attrition with the one she used to love, she now seeks the destruction of Remnant... no matter the cost. As long as she dies, she's happy.

"Interesting... he does seem like he's in his element." Salem said leaning in on one hand while at a long table with Watts and another subordinate named Hazel.

"I'm surprised that Ozpin hasn't tried and turn him to his side." Hazel said with venom when saying the name of the man who got his little sister killed.

To him, it wouldn't matter how many times or where Ozpin reincarnated. He would be there to kill him, again, again and again.

"Oh he no doubt has already but little Hector turned him down and now uses his skills for his tendencies." Salem said looking at an image of the bounty hunter.

She herself was both intrigued and a bit perplexed by him.

She could feel the Grimm see him, acknowledge him, and ignore him.
Not only that but the Grimm outright refused to attack him as if it was like attacking one of their own. Which led her to the conclusion:

He had no soul.

Hector wasn't on Salem's radar until Sion's death. She was going to send Hazel to recruit him but to everyone's surprise he was killed.

Which only got Salem's interest even more when it was revealed that a 15 year old achieved what 46 Huntsmen and Huntresses couldn't.

Since his arrival in Vacuo Hector's been watched. His skill, tactics, and ruthlessness only added more to Salem's interest for the bounty hunter. But hearing that the boy has been taking down rogue Huntsmen left and right with ease... she was impressed.

However she noticed how wherever he spilled blood the people he met and defended grew stronger, both morally, socially and physically.

As for his supposed origins, Salem knew it was a lie, as far as she could tell. She herself couldn't recall any town, settlement, or kingdom being called Los Angeles or LA.
She would have to wait and see.

Meanwhile in Vacuo...

It was already late at night and Hector was already getting the first part of his plan together but knew that once he revealed his plan to the council Ziro would snitch.

"I could ask Stella- no she would just tell Ziro since both of them get along... fuck me."

Hector said laying down on his sleeping bag looking up at the stars wondering how to tell the Headmaster without suspicion. But putting it off until tomorrow he turned to the side and slept.

Traya wasn't going to sleep any time soon. Ever since their arrival at Vacuo she has been sensing a sadistic presence following them around.
She could feel their eyes looking at her and Hector with sinister intentions. She didn't know who was out there but one thing was for certain:

She would meet this person soon.

In the morning Hector sent a simple yet ominous message simply saying,

We have to meet.

Hector then specified not to be followed and to meet him someplace... quiet.

He waited with Traya who was nearby who didn't seem to mind the heat.

"How are you not cooked?"

"I've traveled through Vacuo before, the heat means nothing to me."

"Now my question is when this guy is gonna come?" Hector said a bit irritated but then on cue a man in a similar looking brown robe with a hood emerged from behind a rock before revealing himself to be the Headmaster.

"Bout time." Hector said walking up to Theo who looked at him a bit unamused. The Headmaster of Shade Academy felt pity for the young man.

He knew for a fact that somewhere early in his life, it had taken from bad to worse. This was someone who was merely a far cry of their former selves. But Theo was curious as to why he only wanted to talk to him specifically.

"What happened?"

"I was able to get the plans for the Florence family's home but I also found something that will interest you." Hector said leaning onto a nearby rock.

"Really? How big is it?" Theo asked generally curious.

"Enough to make you double my pay." Hector replied before Theo looked at him doubtfully.

"What if I told you that one of your friends is working with the family? And is making my job harder by letting them know. Which now means I gotta go after them before they start strengthening their security." Hector replied which the Headmaster looked at him with disbelief.

"You think someone in the council is corrupt?"

"I have evidence... for the right price." Hector said waving his scroll at the Headmaster smiling underneath his gas mask.

"Fine I'll double your pay now who is-"

"Ziro." Hector said plainly and quickly not minding the Headmaster's surprise.

"What? How-"

"All these bank transfers lead to one account, his account to be specific. So it wasn't hard putting two and two together."

Theo was dumbstruck at the revelation before him. He had known Ziro for years and didn't remotely seem like he would fall to corruption at all. But seeing the Lien being pulled into his account the numbers spoke for themselves.

Being spoken out of his thoughts Hector said,

"So here's what you're gonna do. Get me a demolitions expert, a tech guy, a bullhead with a pilot of course, and four gunmen. Oh and be ready to arrest Ziro when Topaz is free."

"Are you certain you can pull this off? Wouldn't you like Huntsmen instead?" Theo asked.
"I know what I'm doing, I've got it all planned out."

He didn't want Huntsmen since most of them had these things called "morals" which would get in the way of the mission.

Hector then was looking out in the direction of the the Florence's homebase. Hector was anxious to get started to say the least.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102 0 8
Welcome to Remnant. A world ravaged by evil and monsters with the soul purpose to kill anyone or anything, but not all hope is lost, as a new generat...
60.4K 1.2K 32
After a tragic event that left (Y/N) (L/N) alone and afraid, there was only one place where he could go: The Belladonnas. He took on the role of a...
42.1K 746 14
The Apex Hunter is a ghost. Single-handedly responsible for the death of forty-two different hunters/huntresses. He shows no mercy to any hunter, you...
4.6K 119 7
What if a certain mercenary or a bounty hunter was revived and brought back to remnant filled with desire for revenge. Let's go ahead and witness the...