Voldemort's Soft Spot.

By JillNapier

Ava Wilson has no idea she's as special as Harry Potter, she has no idea who her father is or why she feel a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1, year one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YEAR 2, chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Year 3 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Year 4 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Year 5 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Year 6 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

21.7K 483 144
By JillNapier

 Sorry for not uploading soon :( Its been really hard here with all thats been going on :/

ANYWAYS... i hope you enjoy this chapter :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the content in this story, it belongs to J.K. Rowling. This is just my version of what she's already come up with.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8

This is it. They have now found out about the Sorcerers Stone, and I'm not exactly happy about it. I admire my friends for wanting to help the school protect the stone, and to want to prevent 'Snape' from stealing it... But they have no idea that it's not Snape... they have no idea that if they snoop anymore into this it could mean their death. This is the dark lord we are talking about. He actually somehow survived death 11 yrs ago and is now back to regain power. And I tell you he won't let anything stop him from getting that power, especially a few first year students. I won't allow my friends to get any deeper into this mess. I won't watch them get hurt... And I most definitely won't stand around when they figure out that they are up against my father. I've known Harry long enough to realize that he won't give things up, I know that he is determined on saving the stone, and Hermione and Ron will stand behind him. I won't try to stop them, for I know that trying to stop them will get me no where. So my only option is to find the information I need before they can even think of the information themselves, or before they have a chance to save the stone themselves. I assure you that this isn't about self pride, to make me feel important. It's about my friends and keeping them safe from what they aren't aware of. They aren't aware of the presence of my father or of him trying to regain power, and that's how I'm going to keep it. I know that It's likely that I will get hurt... but isn't it worth it if I'm doing it for the protection of my friends?

~~~~

I sat at Gryffindor table staring off into space thinking while my friends ate their breakfast.

" Earth to Ava...?" Ron singsonged

I looked at him quickly totally forgetting the presence of my friends.

" Ava, are you ok? you seem to be acting... um... well different." Hermione commented.

I giggled lightly to lighten the mood. My friends were staring at me intently and worriedly.

" I'm fine guys really... I... I guess I'm just thinking about some stuff." I said offhandedly staring down at my full plate.

" What are you thinking about?" Harry said sounding concerned.

" Hey, guys I need to go get some fresh air." I said ignoring the question.

" Well, I'll come with you." Harry said getting ready to stand up.

" No!" I said a little loudly making my friends give me even more concerned looks. I quickly recovered and said " I mean no, Im sorry guys, I don't mean to be rude. I just really need to be by myself right now."

" Ava are you all right?" Hermione begged.

But It was too late to answer, I grabbed my bag and walked quickly down the isle to the doors of the great hall. From there I made my way outside to think.

I jogged over to the big tree by the lake and sat down sighing.

" My brain feels like it's on absoulute overload." I huffed as I rubbed my temples.

I really need to organize everything.

What do I really need to do now that I know that my friends know about the Sorcerers Stone?

Hmmm... well...

1) I need to figure out when my father wants to make his next attempt to get the stone... I guess I should plan on eavesdropping on Quirrel.... and maybe Snape for that matter...

2) I need to figure out how to tell the headmaster my suspicions... wait I'd have to tell him about who my father is... that won't work. Well maybe I could send an anonymous note... but what if they investigate who sent it???... eeepp!! Well I guess that leaves me to do things by myself. I would have to go get the Sorcerers Stone myself. Protect it myself. I would have to REALLY figure out when my father's next attempt to take the stone will be.... so the school doesn't go under lockdown if they found out the stone is gone.  I'd also have to know how to get past... Fluffy. I should pay a visit to Hagrid for that...

3) Well who knows what all is protecting the stone... enchantments, potions, riddles, who knows. So I will need to study some advanced magic to ready myself for when I have to get the stone. Good thing Hermione sent me that advanced magic book. I should also try to find out what all is protecting the stone... NOTE: get hagrid drunk.. I hear it makes him have loose lips.

So in summary...

1) eavesdrop on Quirrel and Snape

2) Talk to Hagrid to find a way to get past fluffy.

3) Study advanced magic and talk to Hagrid about whats protecting the stone ( may include alcohol)

I stared out at the lake organizing everything in my head. There is so much to do, and all of it is complicated to carry out.

Well at least I know what all I need to do to make sure the stone is safe.

I sighed a sigh of relief and let my back fall to the ground. At least my thinking stress is over with. Now I just need to worry about carrying out my plans.

I guess I should get started then.

I opened my bag and grabbed the advanced magic book Hermione gave me and started practicing and memorizing spells. I was pretty beast when it came to these spells, I was amazed by myself.

" Thats some pretty advanced spells." A familiar voice drawled.

I spun around to face my visitor, Draco.

I sighed in annoyance and asked. " What are you doing here Draco?"

" Apparently watching you play with advanced magic." he said.

" Did you need something" I asked him wishing he would just walk away. I was to stressed and worked up by all I had to do to deal with him at the present time.

He just stared at me with those sparkling silver blue eyes with a slight smile on his mouth. He didn't answer my question.

I couldn't help but get lost in those eyes... they were hypnotizing. Then my brain seemed to zap me into some sense and I shook my head to clear my thoughts of his oh so perfect and dreamy eyes.

I heard him chuckle and sit down.

" So what makes you want to learn such advanced magic?" Draco said curiously.

I searched for a lie in my head until I finally just stuck with the truth " Hermione bought me this advanced book of magic for me for Christmas, I've just felt the need to learn some stuff. Maybe use it against some nasty Slytherins" I said giving him a joking wink.

He laughed and said " You just try Wilson, I can handle myself."

I rolled my eyes and said " I'm the one with the book of advanced magic! You probably don't know how to use any of it!"

We both laughed for a minute or so. Wow was all Slytherins this easy to get along with? HECK NO! Why is he so differant?

He finally smiled at me which successfully made my heart stop. " You sound alot like my dad, ha, he always thought that if he had the upper hand in advanced magic, he could never lose! But listen Ava, sometimes even the most basic of spells can come in handy more than the advanced ones."

That got my attention. That made no sense to me. How could that be true? 'Sometimes even the most basic spells can come in handy more than the advanced ones'? Then I understood, I might not need these advanced battle spells to use against an enemy... what if there is a locked door, or poison plants? I would need to learn some basic stuff too... great more learning.

He laughed seeing that I was thinking so hardly on what he said.

I looked up at him and asked " Since when have you gone all wise one?" I asked amusedly

" I have my moments" he smirked and got up.

"Ill see you around Wilson, I have places to be and people to bully." He said nonchalantly.

"Later, Slytherin" I smirked.

He rolled his eyes and smiled and walked away.

For some strange reason his presence gave me a sense of euphoria, and I actually learned somthing from him! Now that does not happen commonly! Ok, it doesn't happen at all.

I stood up feeling refreshed and ready to take on something. I knew breakfast was probably over and my friends were most likely looking for me.

Great what am I supposed to say to them to explain my sketchy behavior? I thought long and hard on that. Nope, nothing, I got nothing. I clearly don't know what to say.

"There you are!!" Harry said relief flooding his voice.

I spun around to see my friends rushing over to me.

" Whats wrong?" Hermione asked worriedly

" Why were you acting so wierd?" Ron cut in.

"My mom is sick" I lied suddenly. " I've just been really worried about her thats all." I grinned sheepishly at them.

"I'm sorry I made you worry." I added.

Harry came over and gave me a hug and said " I'm sorry she's sick!"

Hermione and Ron joined the hug and I suddenly felt awful for lieing to them. I hated it. These are my best friends!

" We're sorry too, Ava!" Hermione said sounding full of emotion.

" Thanks guys" I grinned sheepishly at them again. Hey I still felt bad for lieing.

"Hey!" Hermione said happily.

She bent over and picked up the advanced magic book and smiled at me.

" Your actually reading it and learning the magic?!" Hermione said full of happiness.

I laughed " Of course! I loved your gift Hermione!" I said matter of factly.

" But it's a book!.... Ow!!!" Ron started to say but Harry elbowed him in the stomach to quiet him.

I laughed and said " I know it's a book, Ron."

Ron gave me a wierd look. He hates books. Book hater!!

" Guys we better get to our classes before we're late!" Hermione said.

We all nodded our agreement. I picked up my stuff and we all started toward the school at a quick pace.

Our classes seemed to go by quickly. I paid special attention in my charms, transfiguration, and Defense against the dark arts classes. I still need to learn some basic skills in case there is something somwhat basic whereever the stone is hidden under fluffy.

 I actually paid extra attention in all of my classes too. I started to get paranoid with what was helping protect the stone. What if they did put poisonous, maneating plants? What if they put ponds of potions around the room and we could only get through if we knew what potion wouldn't melt your foot off? They are bound to put tons of security around that stone, it's a one of a kind powerful object! Besides they had to have had a good reason to take the stone out of Gringotts. Thats the safest place for everything.... well except for Hogwarts. Or so it seems.

After classes, we all went up to the common room and studied our hearts out... or at least Hermione and I did. Harry and Ron played Wizards chess. Soon they started getting hungry and Hermione and I had to stop studying so they would stop complaining about their empty stomachs.

We sat down at our normal spots at the dinner table and Ron looked like he was about to eat the table cloth. Thankfully the food popped up before he could and he was the first one to start eating. Surprise, surprise.

We all followed his lead and started  loading things to our plates and dug in.

My friends started to talk about the Sorcerer's Stone and about why Snape would want it.

I quietly listened and ate my dinner.

" What do you think Ava?" Harry asked

" What, huh?" I asked

" Why do you think Snape wants the stone?"

" I don't." I said. Then I realized what I said and looked at them. They looked at me with wide eyes.

" What are you talkin about?? You saw him with the bit leg from Fluffy, you saw him jinx Harry's broom, how much more proof do you need??" Ron asked appalled.

I thought quickly " It makes no sense for Snape to want it, maybe he wants it for someone else.." I lied.

I saw everyone think hard at what I said.

" Thats an intriguing idea." Hermione replied

" I think we should talk to Hagrid." Harry said suddenly. " after dinner."

~~~~ after dinner

We were running to Hagrids house even though its after hours and we were supposed to be in our common room. Yay. Note the sarcasm. I was never one to break rules, til now that is.

Harry knocked on Hagrids door. Hagrid opened the door and was about to close it again when my three friends said " We know about the Sorcerer's stone!"

That stopped Hagrid.

"Oh" he said uncomfortably.

Now this is a conversation I need to overhear.

Hagrid brought us inside and in no time they were talking about how Snape was not trying to steal the stone, he was one of them protecting them.

" There are more than just Fluffy protecting the stone... there are spells, enchantments!" Hermione exclaimed.

ALARM BELLS!!! I knew it! there was more things protecting the stone than just Fluffy.... now Hagrid said that Snape was one of the teachers protecting the stone... Now what if we assumed the teachers protecting the stone were using something to do with the subject they teach to protect the stone? Like Snape used potions.... Flitwick used charms...

I was absorbed in my own thoughts when I heard a cracking noise. I looked over to see everyone at the table looking at what looked like... oh my gosh! A dragon egg!!

The dragons head popped up from the shell and was soon walking clumsily on the table.

I quickly joined my friends at the table and stared in awe at the little dragon.

" I know what that is! But, Hagrid where did you get one!" Ron said.

" A guy down at the pub, he seemed pretty happy to be rid of it actually." Hagrid said

" Ill name him Norbert. Hey there little Norbert!" He said sweetly down at the dragon.

We all exchanged wierd looks at the name Norbert. But hey he named a three headed dog Fluffy. Wierd names must be normal to him.

Suddenly I felt the need to look out the window. And what I saw made my skin crawl. Malfoy.

Malfoy looked down at the dragon with a mix of fear and fascination.

I wasn't the only one who saw Malfoy.

" Who's Tha'!" Hagrid said frantically.

Malfoy looked quickly at Hagrid and ran for it toward the castle.

" Malfoy.." Harry said dangerously.

" Oh, dear." Hagrid said sounding half surprised half upset.

So of course Hagrid said we had to leave now before a teacher found us. So we hurried up to the castle and there she was. Professor McGonagall, standing with the big mouth Malfoy.

I think it is iminent what happens next. We all get detention. Oh yes all of us, even Malfoy. Something I was happy about.

~~~~ detention

Filch walked us down to our detention.

" Your job tonight will be in the forbidden forest." Filch said.

It was almost 11 oclock at night and extremely dark and we have to walk into an extremly dangerous woods that holds dangerous creatures? Yay, bring it on. Note the sarcasm.

"The forbidden Forest??  Students aren't allowed! and there are werewolves in there!" Malfoy stuttered.

" I assure you kid, there are alot more than werewolves in those woods." Filch said nastily.

Draco gulped and for the first time looked utterly terrified.

I was dieing to comfort him somehow, but doing that would freak my friends out. Slytherins and Gryfindors fight... not comfort each other.

"You aren't scared are you Malfoy?" Harry asked to provoke him.

" Ha, scared Potter, No, Im not scared." Malfoy said snobily.

I could still see the terror in Draco's eyes so I sent him a secret comfort smile. I saw him relax slightly and smile back before we finally reached Hagrid.

" Hey Hagrid" all my friends and I said.

Malfoy stood grumpily to the side.

Hagrid sniffed " They took em! Little Norbert to Romania to live in a Colony."

" But thats good isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Hermione said.

" But what if he doesn't like it there! What if the other dragons are mean to him?"

" You aren't still on about that dragon are you Hagrid? Get over it you're going into the forest after all! Your gonna need your wits!" Filch said nastily before he walked back up the hill to the school.

" Ok so we are all going into the forest. There have been some unicorn attacks. It looks like they've been hurt pretty bad by something. Our job is to put the poor critters out of misery." Hagrid said firmly

" Ok so I will take Hermione and Ron with me and  you three, " Hagrid said pointing at Malfoy, Harry and me " are going to follow that trail. Send up a red flare from your wand if you found a unicorn or if you need me."

Hagrid then said Goodbye and with Hermione and Ron entered the woods.

I grabbed a lantern and lit it. I was about to go forward when a hand stopped me by grabbing my open hand. I felt sparks shoot up my arm and I looked back to see Draco say " It's fine, I'll hold the lantern."

" I think thats the first nice thing you've ever done." Harry growled.

But I smiled at Draco and he smiled back before letting my hand go and grabbing the lantern.

I could hear Harry muttering beneath his breath.

I decided to be the brave one and stepped totally unafraid into the woods.

Draco and Harry looked at me in awe at my bravery. They walked alot slower than I did. And they seemed to stand as close to me as possible as we walked deeper into the woods.

Draco was watching me with slight amusement.

" You do know the stories about these woods, don't you?" Draco asked.

I smirked " Yes."

Even Harry looked afraid and unsettled in the woods.

I looked over my shoulder and saw something cloaked in black.

I gasped and pointed toward the the thing walking silently through the woods. My friends looked toward it and gasped.

You could just feel the danger it emenated from its body.

We watched as that thing slinked silently deeper into the woods, oblivious to us.

" Ok lets keep walking." I said hiding the fear in my voice as best as I could.

We walked for another few minutes silently.

" What was that thing??" Draco whispered, sounding extremely fearful.

" I don't know, But we should try to be as quiet as we can now that we've seen some of the dangerous things these woods can hold." I said bravely

The boys nodded quickly both wide eyed.

About 30 minutes of walking later I saw something shimmer from the moonlight ahead and rushed to it. My sudden movement freaked the boys out and made them both yelp in fear.

I looked back the whole 5 yards I ran and smirked at them. " Are you guys afraid?" I crooned.

" We thought you saw a werewolf or something!" Harry almost yelled sounding embarresed.

" Speak for yourself Pottyhead, I wasn't scared!" Draco growled.

" Oh yeah! like your girly yelp was just out of happyness?" Harry growled back.

" Your face scared me." Malfoy said emotionlessly.

I tried to hold back a laugh at that.

Harry was about to yell when I said " Hey guys... you better come here."

The boys seemed to drop what they were arguing about and came over quickly to me.

" Unicorn blood." I murmured at them when they came over.

Unicorn blood looks alot like mercury, its all silver and pretty.

" How do you know thats unicorn blood?" Harry asked shakily.

" I read about it." I replied nonchalantly.

We followed the ominous trail of Unicorn to the dead Unicorn in this creepy dark clearing.

We all stopped and stared at the beautiful creature. Who would kill such a pure creature? Someone who wanted to live a cursed life if they drank its blood, I thought darkly.

But my eyes missed something... Right above the dead unicorn was a dark cloaked creature, It bent down and started to drink its blood.

I gasped loudly at how close we were to this thing. The boys started to whimper when the creatures cloaked head looked slowly up at us and smiled a smile full of unicorns blood. It swooped in front of us and started slowly toward us.

 Draco started screaming and ran the opposite direction, which seemed pretty smart to me but Harry was staring paralized at the creature and couldn't move. I knew he wasn't about to move and the creature seemed to be looking right at him.

I did the only thing I knew to do. I shot a red flare into the air. The creature looked quickly at me and stared at me before looking back at Harry. It started toward him again when I jumped in front of Harry and blocked the creature from him.

" If you want to hurt him you have to go through me." I said sternly

The creature stared at me for a long minute until something jumped over our heads and at the creature making it glide away quickly.

The thing that jumped at us turned to us and said " It isnt a good time for you to be in here Harry Potter"

"Who are you?" Harry asked regaining his composure.

" Im Firenze, a centaur."  He said

" You must leave here Mr. Potter, You are known to many creatures here." He said

Harry shook his head.

I ignored their exchange. I was worried about Draco, did he find Hagrid? I hope he didn't get lost! As I was fretting Hagrid stepped through the bushes with Ron, Hermione and believe it or not Draco.

Hagrid looked over at the dead unicorn sadly then up at Firenze and nodded.

" I best be off Mr. Potter." Firenze said and galloped off.

Everyone walked silently out of the woods and up to the castle. I said a silent goodbye to Draco as he descended some stairs and my friends ascending some.

All was quiet up to the common room. When we all sat down Harry said " We were wrong."

" About what Harry?" Hermione asked.

" Ava had the right idea, Snape doesn't want the stone, he wants the stone for Voldemort."

"but if he comes back...will he try to kill u?

" I think that if Ava wasn't there he would've tried to kill me tonight " Harry shot a thankfull smile to me and I happily returned.

" It's nice to feel appreciated" I said smiling.

Everyone smiled at me then Hermione said " Do you know the wizard Voldemort has always feared?"

When Harry looked confused she continued. " Dumbledore Harry! As long as dumbledores around you can't be touched."

Then it all clicked. Thats when Voldemort will try to take the stone! When Dumbledore is gone!

"YES!!!!" I yelled engergetically. I jumped up from my seat and did a little jig.

My friends looked at me like I was bonkers.

" Oh um, Im just glad Harry's going to be safe thats all." Then I sat down.

Harry gave me a huge smile and continued talking to Hermione.

Thats great information! He will try to take the stone when Dumbledore is gone! Now.... I just need to figure out just when that is...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 8.3K 63
โ Shut up,โž โ Make me, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ.โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
226K 9.2K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
439K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
264K 11K 39
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹