real people - j.k.

By pettigrews_puthay

Lynna is comfortable with her simple life, floating by with her bestfriend. Josh is occupied by his up and co... More

notice
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two

one

303 6 4
By pettigrews_puthay

Lynna Ceira's POV

I walked leisurely down the streets of my town. I was trying to decide if I regretted walking. I wanted to grow more balance in my life, one of the aspects being walking.

I attempted to get the last bits of dirt out of my nails. I wasn't dirty, it was just one of the many perks of working in horticulture. I worked at a local horticulture destination, called 'Legacy Gardens,' it was my favorite place in the world.

I knew I needed to pick up my pace, that was if I wished to make it on time. On tuesdays, I liked to treat myself to the local rock bar. It was an odd night of the week, but it gave me motivation to go through my week. I enjoyed the up and coming artist, even the rougher ones. I always envied people who got to chase their chance. My instrument abilities never made it out of my room. I regretted never taking it more seriously, wishing I could've taken part in the touring lifestyle.

"Lynn!" A very familiar, feminine voice called out.

"Hey, beautiful." I greeted upon seeing her. The woman in question was my next door neighbor, Frankie. And not neighbor in the 'separate lots' scenario, instead in my apartment complex.

"What are your plans tonight?" She asked, pausing our walks on the sidewalk.

"I was planning on going to Mateo's, you know, that bar." I said, earning a smirk from her. "Not to drink, well, maybe a drink or two."

"Maybe I could join you at some point? I have some plans with my co-worker, but I am going to need a drink after them." She laughed.

"Of course, I'll probably be there around 7, I'll see you then?" I smiled.

"I'll see you then." She smiled. We waved 'bye,' and made our separate ways. I loved how Frankie didn't linger, I didn't mind the company, but sometimes you needed to get going. She became a quick safety when I moved here from my hometown.

I gave my cat a goodbye kiss before leaving my home. I locked the door, and I was off. I opted for driving my car, considering it was dark outside.

I let the music flow through my open windows, preparing my ears. I really hoped their was a decent band tonight, it would make this day feel a bit better.

"What's on your menu tonight, hon?" Benny asked, waiting beside my table.

"Let's see..."

"Don't waste my time, Lynn." He smiled. "Wait, no, please do actually. I'm not looking forward to waiting the group of guys over there."

"Rough night?" I asked.

"Very." He chuckled, letting out a sigh. I was buffering on the food when I heard a familiar band name announced.

"What band did they say?" I asked Benny, attempting to spot the band onstage.

"Uh...that 'gretna' band, or something like that." He said, looking to the stage.

"Greta." I let out, the name finally clicking in my head.

"What, do you fancy them?" He asked curiously.

"Um, no." I stumbled. "I'll take some fries, now run along, Bernard."

He playfully rolled his eyes at me before disappearing. I scooted around my spot to get a view of the boys. I knew it was them. I didn't know their names, or anything about them, except the unique name.

I had only saw them once before, when they happened to come by a few weeks ago. I missed an opportunity I should've taken, I thought I'd never see them again.

The boys had intricate features, I was dying to capture it. I was as most would say, an 'amateur artist.' I never took classes, or majored, in anything with drawing. I had this weird determination to be self-taught. I did that with lots of things, but it mostly worked with art.

I got comfortable and pulled out my sketchbook. I began with the dimensions around them, trying to aid my size. I struggle with portions, but I had progressed greatly.

I debated which boy to draw, buffering between the lead singer and the guitarist. The bassist and drummer were equally fascinating, but there was an uncanny draw to the other two. And, I also was a bit fond towards the singer.

Maybe it was because I fancied his vocals. I was a sucker for vocalist. I could never get enough of the ranges people could reach. I ended up drawing the blobs meant to start the singers figure.

I knew I wasn't nearly close enough to get good views of the facial features, so I focused on the body. I drew him carefully, almost curious at my own focus on him.

"You're creepy." Benny said, startling me so badly.

"Says the one scaring me half to death." I hissed, still recovering from the startle.

"I'm just saying, you're drawing strangers, it's odd." He said.

"Well, if poets can write about people, I can draw people." I hummed, wanting to focus on my drawing.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it, since you don't want my presence." He sighed dramatically, going away from me.

"Ben, wait!" I hollered, not wanting him to get far.

"You want me to stay?"

"No." I said, his face faltering. "You can, but you'd be bored. Anyways, I was wondering, do you know their schedule? Is there some way to get some of their shows?"

"I could." He smiled. "Are you going to go crazy and stalk them." 

"No, except I might go crazy if I don't get to finish drawing them." I said. "Before you judge, just look at them, from an artist perspective."

"I'm just gonna find that paper for you."

I continued into the night, drawing the boy. I knew I should've moved to the others, but I focused on him. I looked at him for sections of time, studying his features. At one point, his eyes scanned over mine, making me feel nervous. I quickly looked back to my canvas, continuing the drawing. I'm sure he was sweet, he had a calming vibe to him. Yet, he was intimidating in such an odd way.

"Thank you for all your love tonight, it's amazing, truly." The singer announced, earning a few cheers. I was surprised by his voice, charming and almost husk, differing from the sweetness to his singing. I understood him speaking, mostly, but when he was singing, it was harder. His accent was so thick, and unique, it was difficult to understand at times. "Once again, thank you, and we'll be back next weekend."

I mentally noted to go to that, already consumed by this drawing. I watched the boys walk towards a table, sticking around for drinks and food. They were an energetic bunch, the singer being the loudest. Except, he wasn't an annoying sort of loud, more charismatic.

I looked over the boy, watching his features dance in the dim bar lights. I twirled the top of my pencil on my chin, looking at him.

I had yet to realize how much I was truly looking at him, until I felt his eyes look back to mine.

3rd Person POV

Josh and Lynn's eyes met, making Lynn quickly avert her eyes. Josh continued to look at her curiously, wondering what she was doing. She had been watching them all night, seeming to be doodling in her book. He thought maybe she was drawing them, but he didn't see how someone would waste their skills on them, not without any sort of commission.

He finally looked away from the girl, talking with his brothers. Josh would've been lying to say he wasn't interested in the girl. She had a unique look, pulling him to her. She looked the slightest bit familiar, almost sure she had been at their show before.

Benny retuned to Lynna with a copy of 'Greta Van Fleet's' next shows. It wasn't much, but it was more than most.

"Thank you, so much. I think I'm going to head home." Lynn smiled, thanking her faithful friend.

"You better be safe, tuesdays are weird nights." He warned.

"Tuesdays?" She asked, almost laughing at his words.

"Don't ask me, I don't know why all the freaks come out." He laughed. They said their goodbyes and Lynn prepared to leave.

Josh was debating his thoughts, curious to know the girl. He finally decided to go ask for her name.

He started to get up, looking over to her spot, only to find her gone. He looked around confused, rising out of his seat. He finally spotted her, close to the door. Josh attempted to hurry, worrying he wouldn't see her again.

He got out the door, searching the sidewalks for her. Nothing. Not even a hint of where she went. He bit his lip, praying she would run into them again.

Lynn on the other hand had no idea Josh followed her. She figured this would be her little project, nothing interesting to come out of it. Maybe it's a better thing she didn't know of his thoughts. She would work herself up, enough to where she didn't show up.

They wished to know each others names, hopelessly hoping. Lynn planned to let it figure itself out, fate and whatnot. Josh, not so much. He was already prepared to ask for her name next time he saw her.

a/n:
I'm sorry this is short, the first few might be. I am trying to keep the 'no-name' chemistry short, well, because it can get boring. Once they become acquainted the chapters will get longer, I promise!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 236 26
Almost two years have gone by since the night that changed Celine's life forever. She has finally adjusted to all of the changes that the past two ye...
85 5 6
Catch-22: a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions. Even if you kne...
9.8K 343 41
Your freshman year of college can be challenging, and this is especially true for Quinn Davis. She starts crushing on the perpetually late boy that s...
523 1 16
Miscellaneous One Shots pulled from my tumblr. Much love 🫶🏻 DISCLAIMER: I do not know Greta Van Fleet or any of the members personally. This is all...