Create A Surreptitious Move

Por signedbyleah

Blaine Sousa: A man who doesn't care about others opinions. Cassandra Harper: A woman who cares a little too... Más

Characters
Prologue
01 || A bad feeling
02 || The great escape
03 || The locks
04 || A deal with the devil
05 || It's nice to have a friend
06 || Can I ask you a question?
07 || Traning
08 || Negotiation
09 || An unexpected visit
10 || Did you miss me?
11|| The cover
12 || Just this once
13 || Pool party
14 || Eventful
15 || Bad reputation
16 || Grief
17 || The dress
19 || The Kashmir Sapphire
20 || Decode
21 || Game over
22 || I believe him
23 || Bundle of Sunshine
24 || Obsession
25 || Pages turned
26 || Goodnight
27 || Whisper
28 || Invisible string
29 || Self love
30 || Suprise
31 || Ironic
32 || You're something compatible
33 || My love
34 || Mine
35 || At my mercy
36|| Code 37
37 || Wake up
38 || Romeo and Juliet
39 || Best
40 || The little things
ANNOUNCEMENT
41 || Ready to go?
42 || New friends
43 || Loyal to me
44 || Jump then fall
45 || Safety
46 || Loyalties lie
47 || The best gift
48 || Amore mio
49 || Forever & Always
Epilogue || Wildest Dreams

18 || The Ball

86 6 27
Por signedbyleah

I get out of the steaming hot shower and wrap the towel tightly against my body. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror infront of me. I look paler than usual.

I'm so tired, I haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks.

My hands are shaking slightly and they just won't stop and I have a constant headache.

I make a mental note to take some painkillers before leaving.

I still have nothing to wear to the Ball and it's in a few hours. I've looked everywhere, but Blaine was right, nothing compares to that dress.

I can't tell him he was right or I'll never hear the end of it.

I dry myself up and put on some underwear. I walk from my bathroom to my bedroom. I'm about to sit on my bed and contemplate my options when I see a large box placed on my bed.

I quickly open the box and sitting inside is the dress. A smile makes it's way onto my face.

Even still, if I wear this he wins.....but I guess I also win too because I really like this dress.

I take the dress out of the box, holding it up to admire it.

The dress is a slight rose gold colour. The chest and midriff are adorned in rose gold and light blue sequins, which also flow down the dress. The shoulder piece that goes with it is golden and is decorated with the same sequins. The two shoulder pieces are attached by chains. The arms are flowy and made from the same layered material as the dress. To finish off the dress, the bottom is made from a ruffly beautiful blue colour.

It looks like something straight out of a book which is why I love it so much.

It takes me a while to acctually get into the dress but when I do I go straight to the mirror.

Wow.

This dress is gorgeous.

I acctually really like how it looks on me.

It's not too revealing or too tight.

I spin around and the material flows perfectly.

I hear a knock on my door before Vanessa walks in, carrying makeup cases in her hands.

"You look amazing." She says looking over the dress.

"Thanks. So do you." I compliment.

Vanessa looks fully dressed and ready to go.

She's wearing a red, low V-cut dress with a slit and a slight trail on the floor. It frames her body perfectly. She's wearing a silver, diamond necklace with matching dangly earrings, as well as a matching bracelet. Her nails are painted a bright red, the same colour as the dress and her makeup and curly hair complete the look.

"I'm here to do your makeup." She says, setting her rather large vanity boxes down on my dressing table. "I see you're wearing the dress my brother bought for you." She states.

"Why are you doing my makeup?" I ask, choosing to ignore her statement about me wearing the dress Blaine chose.

"When I found out you were coming with us I thought I'd help out. Would you rather do your own? Cause I don't have to do it if you don't want me to."

"No, I'd like that."

"Ok, great."

I sit in the seat and she gets to work.

After Vanessa has started doing my makeup I hear someone come in and shut the door behind them but I don't turn to look as Vanessa is busy and I don't want to mess my face up.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice I recognise as Reyna say.

"Foundation." Vanessa says.

"You're obsessed with Foundation, evertime I walk in the room that's what you're doing." Reyna says, laughing slightly.

"You can't build a bridge without a good foundation." Vanessa states.

After she's finished applying the foundation, I use the opportunity to look at Reyna.

She's wearing a dark blue, low cut dress. It has a small slit at the bottom of the dress and a galaxy like look to it. The dress has one sleeve that matches the pattern of the dress. Reyna has on some light makeup: a blue eyeshadow, the same shade as her dress, some highlighter and pink lipstick.

"You look really pretty." I state.

"Thanks. You look gorgeous." She returns.

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

"Francisco told me to tell you he's ready when we are." Reyna says.

"Francisco? Wait. Who else is going?" I ask the pair.

"It's just us three, Francisco and Blaine." Vanessa says as she continues with my makeup.

"Blaine tries to keep the people going to a minimum." Reyna says. "I'm only really going for show. People always talk down about me behind my back, they don't very often do it to my face and if they do..... let's just say they don't do it a second time."

It doesn't take Vanessa too long to finish off my makeup (but long enough to make me feel bad for Francisco who was waiting for them). As Reyna and Vanessa are leaving the room, I tell them I'll just be a minute and to go ahead without me.

I look at myself in the floor length mirror.

I look like a princess.

Sure, there are still parts of me I hate but this dress and this makeup gives me acctual confidence. Confidence I didn't know I had.

A genuine smile tugs on my red lips and happiness blooms in my chest.

I do a twirl in the mirror, watching closely as the blue bottom of the dress gracefully flows around me.

If three months ago someone told me I'd be here, exited to go into a room full of murderers, I'd have laughed in their face. I probably would've if someone said that yesterday because this is a reasonably new development.

I make my way out of my empty room and turn off the light behind me.

I'd been with Frinkles most of the day today but Vincent took him after dinner.

The past few days I've been forced into going to dinner after Vincent mentioned he hasn't been seeing me in the hall at meal times. I'm ok and so I didn't want him to worry. I forced myself to eat the food and to be the emblem of happiness.

I felt disgusted and I knew that I needed to look good for tonight so I did what I had to do.

I walk through the familiar route of the empty halls, my heels softly padding against the floor.

As I reach the top of the staircase I notice only Blaine is at the bottom. Reyna, Vanessa and Francisco are nowhere in sight.

Blaine is wearing a silky, black tuxedo with a tie that matches the pretty blue colour on my dress.

He knew I'd give in and wear the dress. The asshole.

His tux strains slightly as he types away on his phone.

With one hand on the rail, I start to descend the stairs. Blaine's eyes immediately snap to mine and without breaking eye contact he stands up straighter and slips his phone into his pocket.

His eyes flick to my dress and his signature smirk appears on his face.

His eyes slowly trail down my figure and I find myself not wanting to shy away from his gaze. It's an odd feeling, not one I ever remember having.

Blaine takes my hand as I reach the bottom, helping me down the last step before letting go.

"You look astonishing."

"Yeah, well, you did a pretty good job with the dress."

"I knew the dress would look good on you. The blue brings out your eyes." I feel my stomach flutter at his words.

"You look good too." I state before quickly changing the topic. "So where are the others?" I ask.

"They're going separately. You're coming with me since you're my plus one."

"I never agreed to being your plus one." I state.

"It's just a title to get you inside. It's practically what you signed-"

"I'm teasing." I say patting him on the shoulder as I walk past him, making my way to the front door.

When we step outside a limousine is waiting for us. Blaine and I sit inside, the two of us sat opposite one another on the soft seats.

Blaine pours two glasses of champagne and holds one out for me to take. I accept the liquor and take a sip.

The two of us sit in comfortable silence while I watch flashes of the world pass us by through the long car windows.

It takes us a while to get there but when we finally do, the limo parks in an underground car park. The parking lot is filled with various different fancy and flashy cars. Some of the cars are more old fashioned but still look sparkly and clean and some are the newest models.

Blaine opens the door and steps out first.

With one hand I bunch up my dress slightly for the step and with the other I take Blaine's outstreched hand as he helps me down.

I try to let go of Blaine's hand when I'm safely on the ground but he makes no move to let go of mine.

"What are you doing?" I say in a slight whisper so the people around us, getting out of their cars don't hear.

"Don't fight it." He says, deliberately walking forward with his hand still in mine, resulting in me stumbling and reciprocating the hand holding so I don't fall.

"So now you're holding my hand hostage. You do see the irony in that, right?"

He turns his head slightly to give me a half-hearted glare.

"We're walking in together so people know that you're with me. So unless you want to deal with the wolves alone I suggest keeping quiet."

I huff and accept my fate.

The two of us walk into the elegant grand hall together and lots of heads snap to us as we make our entrance.

Blaine is seemingly unbothered about all the attention that's now directed at us. He's probably used to all the whispers and the stares but I'm not.

I keep my confident persona by focusing on my breathing and then suddenly all I can think about is his hand in mine and the strange way it makes me feel.

After stopping for a few seconds Blaine continues his strides into the room with me following along.

Blaine takes us to the table Francisco, Reyna and Vanessa are at and only lets my hand go when we get there.

When he lets go I find myself craving his touch. I want him to take my hand back.

We don't sit down as there are no chairs. There are just, small, tall, round, wooden tables that I'm assuming are so you can put your drink down.

"Ok, I'm going to talk to some of the weapon dealers. Vanessa care to join?" Francisco asks in a seemingly innocent way but I know better.

The four sets of eyes at our table go to Vanessa. Reyna and I know what went down between the two of them but Blaine doesn't which is why she plasters on a smile and accepts.

"Sure." She says with a hint of malice hidden in her tone.

Reyna goes off not long after, talking medical stuff with another girl, leaving Blaine and I alone once again.

"Someone will come up to us at some point and take you to Elenora. Remember the plan." He says.

"Yeah, I've got it."

Blaine grabs two glasses from a waiters serving tray and slides one along the table to me.

"Are you trying to get me drunk?" I ask.

He shrugs. "You might as well enjoy yourself while you're here." That's a bad idea.

"The plan isn't going to go over very well if I'm drunk." Understatement of the year.

Some people come up to us and chat with Blaine. The ones that acknowledge me talk about me as though I'm not here, instead asking Blaine who I am. I decide not to say anything because if they're not going to talk to me, they don't deserve me wasting my time talking to them. That plus I don't feel like being murdered tonight for saying something classed as being 'mouthy'.

"Blaine." I hear a man say, approaching us.

"Anatoly." Blaine says placing his glass on the table. Blaine seems happier to see this man than the others.

The younger than most people here, brunette haired man puts his hand out and Blaine shakes it.

"Hi, I'm Anatoly." The man says, holding his hand out for me to take.

"Cassie." I state shaking his hand. I don't miss Blaine staring at my hand as I do so.

He's acctually the first person to talk to me and introduce himself. So far I like this guy.

"You're new." He states before furrowing his eyebrows turning to Blaine. "You don't normally bring your girlfriend's to these sorta things."

"That's because I don't have girlfriend's." Blaine replies. "And she's not my girlfriend."

"But she's new." Anatoly says, looking between the two of us sceptically.

"What's your point?" Blaine asks.

"Let's recap on who you normally bring to the bigger events. There's Vanessa, your sister who you've known for her entire life." He counts on his fingers. "Francisco, who you've known since childhood. And that other girl who I've heard sometimes comes with you but I've never acctually seen. And your cousin, Jackson if you're really in the mood."

"My parents come sometimes." He says.

"I have a feeling that's more their choice then yours." Anatoly states. "So you expect me to believe you just randomly brought Cassie, who by the way I've never seen before."

"If you must know, she's here to talk to Elenora on my behalf."

"Oh." He says before realising something. "Oh."

"What?" I ask.

"I get it...she's not your girlfriend." He says with a wink.

"I'm not his girlfriend." I state.

"No, I get it. You're his mutually beneficial friend."

My eyes widen at the insinuation. "No I'm not."

I look to Blaine, waiting for him to set the record straight.

"Really? This is the time you decide to say nothing?" I ask.

"Anatoly is free to assume whatever he wants. It doesn't make a difference to me." He states. "Do you care what he thinks about you, Cassandra?" He asks, tilting his head slightly with the taunt. He knows I care and he's proving that fact.

"No." I say with a glare in Blaine's direction.

"I don't know what this has turned into but I'm leaving now." Anatoly says, carefully backing away. "See you around." He says before going out of sight.

"Why did you do that?" I ask Blaine. "We hate each other, remember?" That's the cover.....and the truth. "Who even is that guy?"

"Anatoly King. His older brother is the heir to the Russian mafia. He's friends with a lot of people, he has allies in a lot of places but he always puts himself first."

"Is he your friend?" I ask.

"I don't do friends. Plus Anatoly is the type of person you need to keep at arms length."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Don't yeah, yeah me." He says.

"Or what?" I bravely ask.

"Or I'll teach you who you belong to."

"Belong to? Nous avons déjà établi que c'est toi qui a besoin de moi." (We've already established that it's you who needs me).

Before he can say anything else another man I've never seen before comes up to us.

"You are Blaine Sousa, correct?" The man asks.

"Sì."

"Ms. Elenora requests you or someone of your choice to join her."

"Cassandra." He says to me, motioning at the guy with his head.

I hesitantly follow after the man. As we're walking I look back to Blaine to see he's still watching me. He gives me a reassuring nod before he's out of sight.

The man comes to a stop and knocks on a door.

"Come in." I hear what I presume to be Elenora.

Well, here goes nothing.

♡♡♡

A/n I'm a sucker for a good staircase dress reveal to the ML...If you've read CADM you know what I mean ;)

Also the song doesn't have much to do with the chapter but Taylor released Speak Now TV today so....

I thought it kinda fit with the staircase scene.

What is your favourite Speak Now Taylor's Version from the vault track? I love them all and my favourite is Castles Crumbling.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.7K 245 16
Book 2 of The Devils Assassin series "Ivan could fûck them about all he wanted, play his little games, and prove his points. Nadia would bite. A...
901 79 23
Book I: Drowning in the Pain (completed) Book II: Silence of the Omertà (ongoing) -------------------------- Omertà /ˌəʊmɛːˈtɑː/ noun (among the Mafi...
63.2K 1.2K 52
This story is purely made from my Imagination. A Mafia Romance By Dylanobriensmami ---------------------- 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 I was sen...
5.7K 219 21
Novella 1: Martina Marino has spent her entire life being the "good one" amongst her famous mafia family. As the youngest daughter of the boss of Chi...