Her Lullaby

Av kotasonvenus

[Previously title Marigold and Sunflowers] He thought she was a sinful angel of temptation, but the most ann... Mer

These People
1- Threesome
2- Apple Juice
3- Salad & Tenders
4- Bar
5- Projecting
6- Uno
7- Ragedy Ass Car
8- Strays
9- Mushrooms
10- Auto Shop
11- Insomnia
12- Invisible Watch
13- Truce Cake
14- Raccoon
15- Orange Juice
16- Sister
17- Charity
18- Twenty-Three Six
19- Blush
20- Girls Night
21- Sophisticated
22- Breakfast
23- Swimming
24- Airport
25- Red Lipstick
26- Funnel Cake
27- Dangerous
28- Stethoscope
30- I Can't
31- The Law
32- Upset
33- Boundaries
34- Bouquet
35- Texas
36- Uber
37- Birthday Cake
38- Housewife
39- Gold-Hearted
40- Want
41- Apartment
42- Rain
43- Lullaby

29- Chill Day

2.5K 99 31
Av kotasonvenus

"Tell us what happened." I demand as I lay on my bed against the bed board with Lola cuddled on my stomach under my hoodie.

Astryd was sitting cris cross next to me as she eats Pringles from the can and Tyson was laying down at the edge of the bed looking up at the ceiling.

It's been a while since we all got together that didn't involve working at the club and I invited Tyson over so we could all catch up.

We are having a chill day like me and Astryd still have our bonnet and pajamas on.

"Wait, what happened?" Tyson turned his head that rested on his hands folded behind his head, the tattoo of a doodled toy car inked into his skin.

"Sorren brought her lunch yesterday." I answer watching Astryd's face for any reaction.

"Just out of the blue?"

Astryd and I nod.

"Yeah. He apologized for ignoring me. You should've seen him he was so cute and awkward, his cheeks and ears all read, and he was so sincere..." She trails off looking down at her red and black acrylic nails.

"But?" Tyson raises a brow watching her from the edge of the bed.

"But he didn't tell me why and if he doesn't tell me why how will I be able to fix it so it doesn't happen again." She exhales harshly with her brows creased.

She's been overthinking and over analyzing about every potential issue that might've caused Leo and Sorren to avoid her. I can tell.

"Like I said before, you don't need to fix anything, and you trying to fix it would be a waste of your energy, and you shouldn't put in energy that's not being reciprocated." I said.

"Okay that was a wrong choice of words. I meant that if I don't know the reason then how can I be sure it won't be a reoccurring problem." She rephrased eating a Pringle.

I shrug, "You're gonna have to trust they'll tell on their own accord, which I know will be frustrating—"

"Do you think it's because I slept with them." She interrupts me, pausing, eyes wide as he eyes drift from between me and Tyson, who unhelpfully shrugs.

I kick his hip with my foot. I had on my Spider-Man socks.

"I'm not gonna lie to you, it is a possibility." I hesitate.

She shakes her head, "No it couldn't be because they both stopped by work the day after to bring me food for lunch." She answers her own question ignoring what I said.

"What about Leo? Have you talked to him?"

She shakes her head, "No. He's made no move to reconcile. It's like he forbidden himself from talking to me." She scoffs.

"He might need more time cause his stubbornness is on a different level." I steal a chip from the can in her lap.

"Yeah." She saddened.

"Like he wouldn't admit he was wrong even if he was being waterboarded with a gun to his head."

Tyson laughs and Astryd sends me an unamused look.

"He may stubborn but his heart is so pure. He's a sweetheart." She defends.

"He called me a witch and threatened to get me fired from my job." I deadpanned.

She ignores me once again, "He would leave flowers around the penthouse for me to find and would get pissed if Sorren messed with them." She reminisces before releasing a loud groan mixed with a cry, "I miss them!" She burrows her face into a pillow.

A frighten Lola slithers off my abdomen and falls to my side under my hoodie. I sit reaching under my hoodie and pulling her from under so I don't accidentally lay on her.

I pout, "I miss my boyfriend." If we're confessing already then I'mma join.

Tyson narrows his eyes at us enviously, "Guys, I'm literally right here." He scoffs.

"Shut up, you know we love you Ty." Astryd musters a smile as she rolls her eyes and I chuckle.

He hums unconvinced as he dramatically turns his head away from us.

I nudge him with my foot, "Why you all pouty like you haven't been spending time with Ezmai?"

Even with his head turned away I could catch sight of the redness appearing on his neck and cheeks.

Astryd leans forward a bit watching Tyson's face, "Aww, she got you blushing." She sings teasingly poking his shoulder which he moves out of her reach, almost falling off the bed.

He coughs in embarrassment, "No, I'm just having an allergic reaction."

"A reaction to love." Astryd shimmies in her place beside me lowering her voice an octave as she teases him.

"What? We haven't even— Shut up." His blush deepens as he releases a miserable groan in annoyance taking a throw pillow from off the floor and throwing it at Astryd— taking the name too seriously.

I laugh as Astryd throws her hands up to cover her face and head before the pillow could hit her.

I hear the oven beep telling me the timer I put on warming up the brownies was done, "That's the timer for the brownies."

I get from the bed holding Lola securely as I place her in her enclosure before tending to the brownies.

I take them out of the oven setting them on top of the stove and I will let them cool off for a few minutes before platting them and taking them to my room.

"Ives! Your phone ringing!" Astryd yells from my room.

"Who is it?!" I yell back.

"Apply Juice?!" She answers.

I smile taking off my oven mitts and tossing them on the counter.

I scurry down the hallway back to my room, the ringing tone of my phone becoming louder, and take the phone Astryd was holding out for me and I answer it.

"Cariño."

"I am on my lunch break can I stop by your apartment?" His words were rushed and made my eyebrows furrow.

I frown as I ask, "Is everything okay?"

"No."

"What's wrong?" I walk out the room to get privacy from the two pair of eyes.

"I am in dire need of your presence as my chest feels weird and uncomfortable along with you making unexpected appearances in my thoughts."

I roll my eyes but couldn't stop my smile as I summarize his 'problem', "You miss me."

"If that is what you want to call it then yes."

"Astryd and Tyson are here and we're kinda having a chill day."

"Chill day?"

I chuckle, "Yeah, it's a day where you do nothing and just hang—"

He interrupts me, "I know what a chill day is, Ivy."

"For all I know you probably don't know what a vacation is." I tease.

Of course I know he knows what a vacation is but it's so easy to tease him on his business man by day business man without suit by night persona.

It's also one of things I admire about him. He takes his work seriously and he cares about what he does.

I hear him scoff, "I know what a vacation is."

"Have you ever been on one?"

"Yes, one time when I was ten." If I didn't know any better I'd say he sounds pleased with his answer.

I stifle my chuckle, "In your adult years, cariño." I elaborate.

"I have took time off for a family emergency." He states as an answer.

"That's not a vacation."

"I know."

"One day I'm going to take you on a vacation." I promised. "Some where you haven't been before or we can even just chill at one our places."

"A chill day?" He asked and I couldn't help but smile at the tinge of excitement in his voice as it perks and I was proud that I was responsible for it.

"A chill day a chill week. I'll figure it out."

I hear a knock at the door and I yell to Tyson and Astryd that I would get the door walking down the hallway I go to the front.

"Hold on, Carver. Someone at the door."  I said into the phone.

Looking through the peep hole I recognized the person instantly whether it was by the suit or his stance as he stood holding the phone to his ear, I recognized him.

He hangs up the phone putting it in his pocket as I unlocked the door before opening it, "I thought you were—"

I couldn't complete my sentence because he kissed me, and it's as if the whirling feeling in my stomach never gets old.

I lost count how many times I've kissed this man and ever time his lips push against mine I am physically reminded that I am awe struck by this man.

His hands land on my waist while the other is gently cupping around my throat lifting my chin as he walks forward through the threshold of the front door and I walk backwards.

My heart was beating ecstatically.

I hear the sound of the door closing but I was too entangled in him to pay it any attention.

He pulled back from the kiss, standing at his full height, looking down at me but he fails to move his hand from my neck; instead his thumb brushes against my jawline and the area below my ear.

"What was the for?" I breathe staring at him in a daze.

"I would love to go on vacation with you." He mutters, his eyes glancing down at my lips and I become aware that my mouth that they were still open and I close my parted lips into a smile.

"You want a brownie? I made them the night of the beach."

The pupils in his hazel irises dilate and I know he was thinking about that night, about us. I knew he was thinking about it because I was thinking about it, and now we're both probably thinking about what happened and how good it felt.

He hesitates before nodding, "I will take a small cut."

His hand slips from my throat as I take step back walking to the kitchens and he follows.

I take utensil to take a piece of the brownie that had now cooled was ready to eat. I plate the piece of dessert on a paper plate from my cabinet and I hand it to him.

He thanks me taking the plate and the plastic fork I offered.

"I'm stopping by abuela's later today, would you care to join me?" I turn my back to him to cut my own piece glancing over my shoulder.

"I do not want to intrude—"

I shake my head taking a bite of my brownie, "No you good. I don't know if you were too busy flirting with her last time or not, but she told me to bring you next time I visit. This is next time."

"I was not flirting with her." He denies with a chuckle.

"Now I know where Ivy gets her beauty." My voice deepens as I repeat his parting words he spoke to my abuela, mocking him.

He chuckles, "You sound like a chipmunk who smoked cigarettes for fifty years."

I turn around leaning against the counter as I hold the plate of dessert in hand "You think you're funny? You're not funny."

He sets down his half eaten brownie walking to me with a coy smirk on his awfully perfect lips, and he was looking at me with humor in his eyes watching as I take offense.

His hands rest either side of me, caging me between the counter and him with me holding my brownie between us.

"I think I'm hilarious." His head dips down to height laying a soft kiss in my cheekbone.

"I beg to differ." I turn my head away from him lifting my chin.

"Begging?" Even through my peripheral vision I could see the stupid grin painted on his face.

I roll my eyes, "You just made a innuendo to a chipmunk who smokes cigarettes for fifty years running." I said unimpressed, "As a veterinarian  I can't support your attraction to small forest animals."

He takes the brownie I was holding and set it down on the counter beside us and takes a step closer so our bodies were pressed against each other.

"Are you a small forest animal?" He quirks a brow.

I shrug, "Could be."

He kisses the side of my face, "Well you're not. You are my girlfriend who has been running through my head all day and I would like spend some time together before my lunch break is over." In between words he would scatter kiss along my skin until I was force to smile.

I turn my head towards him and I gaze down to his lips that replicated my smile.

I hear footsteps coming down the hallway and I look to see who it was, "Ives! Who was at the door?" Astryd walks into the kitchen but stops when she sees who it was. "Oh."

"Hi, Astryd." Carter greets her, still caging me between him and counter.

"Am I interrupting something, cause I really want a brownie." She trails off studying our position.

I shake my head maneuvering around Carters arm and grabbing my brownie from the counter, taking a bite. "Nah, we're just teasing each other."

She continues into the kitchen squeezing pass us, "Foreplay is forbidden in the kitchen, Ivy."

Carter grins nudging my hip with his.

"Not like that, Atty." I huff a chuckle before taking another bite of the dessert, and though her humor was still etched in her features I caught the cautious look in her eyes as she glances between me and brownie.

I only one bite left and I feel fine. I am fine. I only had one brownie.

"Did you know brownies have caffeine in it which caffeine can increase blood pressure." She hums pretty passively.

Carter looks at her processing the fact, obliviously, "That is because caffeine is present in chocolate."

"Yeah, but brownies don't have a significant amount of caffeine so it barely affects blood pressure." I narrow my eyes slightly and she looks back at me less concerned than before and nods.

"I'mma bring Ty a piece." She grabs two paper plates and glances at Carter, "So..."

"What?" His brows furrow and changes our position.

With his hand on my hip he switches our position so now he's leaning against the counter, and I'm leaning on him with my back against his chest.

"Have you talked to Leo recently?" She tries to act nonchalant with her overly relaxed posture that made her look the complete opposite of relaxed. "Not that I care or anything." She adds.

"I see how you two are friends." He whispers to me.

"I try not to bring you up unless I want to piss him off, and I do not. He spends too much time with the punching bag as it is." Carter answer her.

"So what I'm hearing is he feels guilty and misses me so much that it triggers his anger issues." Her pursed lips form into a small proud smile nodding her head, "Okay. That's all I need to know." She takes the two plates retreating back to my room.

I laugh looking up at Carter who is shaking his head, "That is not even close to what I said."

"Well if you think about it he does have anger issues and we all know he cares about her, she knows, and if he didn't he wouldn't be piss with you bringing her up because it reminds him of their fallout. I also interpreted you said he was letting his anger out on the punching bag more often which can also contribute to her conclusion." I explain.

"That is quite the insight but I am no longer going to be apart of the trios conflict, and unfortunately I have to go back to work but we will drive together to your Abuela's."

I smile walking him to the door before he leaves he bows his head and I stand on the tip of my toes to press a kiss to his forehead. He lifts his to press a kiss to my lips as a 'see you later'.

•••••••

It's a few minutes past six and after Carter had gotten off of work he came to place and we had something to eat before went drove to my Abuela's in my car.

Now we're standing at the front door waiting for her to open it.

Carter was still wearing his work attire, all handsome and shit with his combed back hair, while I looked I just woke up with my curls in two braids as I wear oversized hoodie and sweatpants, and can't forget the socks and slides on my feet.

I'm okay with it though, I find funny actually, I'm comfortable and Carter is comfortable. That's all that really matters.

Abuela gasp as she opens the door urging us inside and by 'us' I mean Carter, leaving the door to almost hit me in my face.

Me and Carter leave our shoes at the front door aligned neatly before continuing.

She leads us to the living room where an over dramatic telenovela was playing on the screen.

"Are you hungry?" She asked warmly kissing my cheek.

"No we already ate."

Carter smiles politely, "Thank you, Ms..." He trails off.

She chuckles, "Catalina."

He smiles, "Thank you, Ms. Catalina."

Me and Carter sit on the couch and I bring my legs up to sit cross cross on the couch. Carter tries to rest his hand on my knee but I smack it away as abuela sits in her arm chair.

"Tomaste tu medicina hoy?" She asked and I nod stiffly.
[Did you take your medicine today]

She takes it as an answer before turning her attention to Carter, "What do you do for work?"

"I work for a technology company. We invest and distribute devices." He explains.

"How many girlfriends have you had?"

"Abuela." I whined quietly, embarrassed.

She disregard my small, very respectful, protest, "No quiero escucharlo.This is the first time you brought boyfriend to meet me."
[I don't want to hear it]

I sigh, "Me estás avergonzando." Carter looked confused but there was a small smile playing at his lips.
[You're embarrassing me]

She hushes me turning her attention to Carter. "I only had two girlfriends."

"Are they still alive?"

My eyes widen, "Why is that important?"

She pins me with a stern 'be quiet' look. I be quiet.

Carter chuckles, "I am unsure but they most likely are."

She asked another question,"Do you speak Spanish?"

Her shakes his head, "No, just English and Italian."

My abuela continues to ask Carter questions until the interrogation turned into a conversation      about the telenovela on the TV, and how Rosalina accidentally kissed Stefano's secret twin brother Rolando.

Then somehow the conversation stumbled upon cars and Carter's liking to them, and he also offered to fix up her car anytime for free if she ever has any problems.

And honestly it warmed my heart seeing them get along so well. I was smiling the whole time until it was getting late and we had to leave.

I hugged my Abuela goodbye, "He's one of the good ones, mi flor." She whispered and my cheeks pained from how hard I was smiling.

"I know."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

<3 ⛅️

Fortsett Ć„ les

You'll Also Like

6.3K 235 89
Stephanie Walker, A-straight student, sweet,pretty and every parent's dream. What happens when her simple life clashes with the golden boy at her se...
1.1K 53 12
"Continue reading for me, baby," I breathed against her breast, my tongue lazily grazing against her perk nipple. "Tell me what he does next to his g...
223K 2.1K 8
(Steamy) This is a standalone spin off from the Distorted Windows Trilogy. You do not have to read them first but is recommended. THIS IS AN EROTIC R...
2.7K 141 57
A profound love between two people betting against all odds, would they be able to stand together? or let the fate decide... Synopsis: Two different...