35- Texas

I woke up to my death

It was dark and there was a crushing weight on top of me taking away my mobility making my heart pound under the rib cage in my chest that's second away from breaking and puncturing one or probably both lungs in the process.

It's too hot, I'm thirsty, and I'm dying. It's a perfect description of Hell.

I tried my best to wiggle from under what felt like a ton of cement blocks and it was getting hard to breath under the intense pressure.

"Stop moving." His breath fans across my skin in the crook of my neck causing goosebumps, and his arms that were caged around my waist tighten.

"You're heavy." I groan and complained, " You're crushing me and I can barely breathe."

He didn't move and I was convinced that he went back to sleep but then he rolls off of me, sluggishly, untangling his arms from around my waist.

I release a breath in relief as cold air hits me. I throw the hot comforter off of me just leaving the sheets to cover my naked body.

I turn on the dim lamp on the nightstand beside me and grab the water bottle that was waiting for me. I twist off the plastic cap and almost downed the whole bottle, some water falling from the corners of my mouth. It was refreshing.

I now realize my bonnet was on my head when I didn't feel my hair on shoulders. I went straight sleep after we got done having sex so Carter must've put on me.

"Ivy, it is three in the morning." Carter's hoarse, raspy voice rings through my ears as I set the water back on the nightstand.

He turns on his stomach and drapes an arm across my lap as I lean back against the headboard studying his tan skin in the dim light of the lamp that casted a shadow over his slight back muscles.

"I know I was hot—"

"Your attractiveness never woken you up before." He interrupts, eyes still closed, and I chuckle weakly at the corny comment.

"I was hot in my sleep while being crushed in my sleep." I trail the tip of my fingers up and down the length of his arm.

"I wasn't crushing you." He scoffs lazily.

"I heard my ribs crack." I exaggerate, smiling down at him. His lips lift slightly.

"Go to sleep, girasole." He orders and I roll my eyes.

"No use. I'm already up and by the time I go to sleep the sun would be up."