38- Housewife

"Ma!" August whines, "Can you please talk some sense into this stubborn man you call your husband?" He begs plopping on the couch beside my mom and dropping his head on her shoulder

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Ma!" August whines, "Can you please talk some sense into this stubborn man you call your husband?" He begs plopping on the couch beside my mom and dropping his head on her shoulder.

"August, it's a eleven o'clock." She sighs.

"Exactly." Dad pushes his head off of Mama's shoulder, and August dramatically falls to the other side of the couch. "Go to bed."

"I won't until you give me your blessing." He stubbornly crosses his arms.

"Guess you'll be awake for most of your life. I wonder how Delani would feel when her boyfriend goes insane from the lack of sleep, guess we'll find out." My dad shrugs, unsympathetically.

August wore a wounded look.

For the last fifteen minutes he's been trying to get my dad's blessing to marry Delani, to which for the last fifteen minutes my dad has refused, and throughout this whole reaction Delani went to her room to sleep.

August was rejecting my dad's refusal.

I was sitting on the kitchen counter watching Carter as he moved around the kitchen putting away the cake and putting dishes in the sink.

"You don't have to clean up, you know." I chime watching him move from one place to another.

"I know. I enjoy cleaning."

"You would make a good housewife, have i told you that?"

He chuckles as he washes his hands, "No you have not." He dries his hands glancing towards me.

"Would you like to be a housewife?" I lean slightly forward as he makes his way to me. The sleeves of one of my Spider-Man hoodies rolled up above his elbows.

"Would I be your housewife?" He raises his brow as amusement costs his face. He hooks his hands to hold the underside of my knees as he spreads them apart taking his place in between them.

"You wouldn't be anybody else's." I shrug, "Frankly, I don't think anyone would be able to handle your demanding attitude."

He leans in closer and as his body seems invade my personal space a sense of comfort was accompanied with him.

"I only know what I want." He shrugs innocently with his hands rubbing up and down from my hips to my waist in a soothing pace that could make me fall asleep.

"And what is it that you want?" I ask, my fingers twiddling with the drawstring on my oversized hoodie he's wearing.

"Come take a drive with me." He demands softly his breath brushing across my cheek.

"Is that what you want?" I raise a brow.

He nods firmly answering lowly, "That's what I want."

"Take a drive in what car?"