30- I Can't

Hey babes <3 This is a long chapter so enjoy and tell me what you think.

We spent most of the day together. We got off work early and spent the rest of the day at his house and it's been peaceful.

We laid cuddled together outside on the pool chairs in the backyard near the pool, while Bumblebee was running circles in the open space.

Prime, the raccoon I gave to him as joke made an appearance crawling from the bushes and going to the water bowl Carter left out for her.

Throughout the day I found myself basking in how casual we were with each other, something I've never experienced romantically with someone. Even now when we're in his bathroom I'm finishing braiding my hair into two French braids while he was showering.

The bathroom door was half way open but still steam from the hot shower fogs the bathroom and clouds the top of the wide mirror above the sink.

It's like a sauna.

The steam also fogs the glass shower door leaving me to only see Carter's shadowy figure.

I'm taking a shift at the club tonight. It's almost eight at night and I don't feel a shred of tiredness and if my heads hits that pillow I'll be watching ear wax removal videos on YouTube, that are weirdly satisfying, bake, or stare into pure darkness. Whatever my mood determines.

I have to tell Carter for fact that I am over at his place instead of my cozy apartment where I could leave with no questions asked, but I am nervous because I did keep it from him.

Telling your boyfriend you work at a strip club isn't ideal even if I'm not a stripper, just a bartender who serves amateur drinks.

I don't think I've ever lied to him, and I won't tonight.

Finishing the second braid I turn around, facing the shower, leaning against the white granite countertop, "Cariño."

"Girasole." He calls back.

I watch as his arms and body moves under the fall of water coming from the shower head as washes himself with a body wash that smelt of sandalwood.

I'm staring at him like a creep, but I couldn't  help it. My mind was running wild images and scenarios with him naked, me naked, and both of us in the shower. Naked. I feel like I should make that clear.

Our wet bodies pressed against each other and despite the hot water raining down on up his hands leave a trail of heat along the skin of my bodies and they drift lower and lower and lower.