Crushed To Love ↬ Gildarts x...

By Yuhei-san

❝You wouldn't want an old man like me, kid.❞ is the exact sentence he would use at every chance you would ge... More

chapter ¹
chapter ²
chapter ³
chapter ⁴
chapter ⁵
chapter ⁶
chapter ⁷
chapter ⁸
chapter ⁹
chapter ¹⁰
chapter ¹¹
chapter ¹²
chapter ¹³
chapter ¹⁴
chapter ¹⁵
chapter ¹⁶
chapter ¹⁷
chapter ¹⁸
chapter ¹⁹
chapter ²¹

chapter ²⁰

1K 44 6
By Yuhei-san

Waking up in the guild's infirmary room wasn't what you expected when you woke up.

According to Wendy, you had collapsed due to an overuse of power on your end. Though, truthfully, you didn't need her to tell you that. You didn't want this to turn into a big deal, so you told her not to tell anyone. Fainting wasn't anything scary compared to what others had been through. The only people who knew were the teammates you had travelled with.

Currently, the lighting dragon slayer was in the infirmary with you, concerned but also amused by this ordeal.

"This is a bit funny." He said, turning away from you to hide his laughing face.

You glared at him for a few seconds and, not being able to keep a straight face, giggled.

"But seriously, don't do that again. We're.. friends, aren't we? You should be able to depend on me."

Laxus was someone who would rarely call others his friends. Usually, he would refer to you as a comrade or a partner. So this meant a lot to you. It was nice to see his kind side in a public setting every once in a while.

"Thanks, Laxus. I will." You hugged him slightly, knowing that he didn't like too much affection.

After letting you hug him for far longer than you expected, he let go and stood up.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay. I'm out. Try not to make Gildarts worry too much."

You gave him a wave and watched as he exited the room.

'This is embarrassing..'

You covered your face with your hands and turned away from the door.

°

You had just one hour left until you could leave the infirmary. What to do with this time...?

You could count the number of tiles on the ceiling. Or count how many slaps you wanted to give yourself for getting into this position.

Lucky for you, you didn't have the chance to do so as Gildarts immediately entered the room.

The air was thicker than it was usually for some reason..

He calmly sat down on the bed and waited a minute before speaking.

"You scared me back there. You okay?"

"Yeah, sorry about that... I'm alright."

"I heard this is because you've used up all your power fighting off those things."

You nodded and looked away from him. You took notice of his bandaged arm, and a sudden urge of guilt washed over you.

He was already injured, and yet he was able to fight perfectly...

"You don't have to overwork yourself, Y/N. You should know your own limits by now. If you needed help, you could have asked. Laxus and I were there, weren't we?"

You stayed quiet and smiled at him. That wasn't the problem.

Sighing, he took a look at your expression, "This isn't the actual problem, right?"

You grinned at him guessing what you were thinking and getting it right.

"Yeah... you're right. I know my limits, but I just... thought I'd be fine this time around."

He asked why and scooted closer to you.

"I just thought I was stronger than this. I've actually been training since I last saw you. With Natsu and Gray. To fight better. It's been a year since then, and I thought I had grown capable enough to take out enemies with more ease."

You looked up at him, hoping that that was a good enough answer. You guessed it wasn't, since he kept his eyes glued on you, encouraging you to go on.

'Ok then...'

You sighed and pushed your hair out of your face.

"I've been on this stupid self-growth journey for a year. And... I'm not where I thought I'd be by now. I guess I was foolish to think that a year would be enough."

"The fact that you're aware of that already means you're progressing. That level of self-awareness is great, Y/N." He spoke firmly to you, almost like he was trying to trap you with his words.

He paused. "You're a good mage. You know that, right? I wouldn't have brought you to Fairy Tail if you weren't."

You stayed quiet.

"Right..?"

You rubbed your temples and felt yourself get teary-eyed.

Don't cry...

"Gildarts, I can't beat down a couple of goblins."

"I told you it's fine, Y/N.."

"I keep on burning every stupid thing I cook."

He approached you slowly while repeatedly saying your name.

"Y/N... You can get better at it."

"My house is always a mess. And I keep on losing everything. Like the keychain you got me.."

"Y/N. Stop."

"And I'm still... I'm still not over you. I just.. I can't..!"

He was still saying your name, but it almost seemed like your brain was yanking away every signal and attempt at calming you down.

This just wasn't working. He couldn't get through to you. 'Stop.'

"I feel like a kid for acting like this.. No wonder you said the same thing at the hot springs. God...!"

'Just stop!'

You laughed to yourself and looked up at him with a timid smile and tears falling down.

"I'm sorry.. You must think I'm so pathetic right now, righ-"

Huh...?

You were suddenly yanked forward by Gildarts' hands on the sides of your face.

And silenced by lips.

You were completely frozen. Forgetting where and who you were. Every second that passed felt like an eternity.

His lips were rough, but the way he moved across yours so tenderly made them seem so soft and gentle.

Between hard breaths, he tilted your head to the side, and suddenly, realizing what he was doing, quickly pulled away.

"I.. Y/N, this isn't.. this wasn't supposed to..!"

His eyes were glossed over, and his lips parted open slightly. He was blushing, something that rarely ever happened.

You were eyed wide, and your heart was beating at such an abnormal rate that scientists would probably have the time of their lives examining you.

You placed your palm on your chest to feel it. 'Holy shit.'

"Y/N..."

You looked up at him and pinched yourself.

This was real.

You rubbed your eyes. This was real.

Gildarts looked down at your lips and shifted his gaze to the floor, looking away, ashamed. "I can't.."

You went back to hear your heartbeat, hardly believing that this was happening.
And yet here it was. Beating loudly.

Looking up at him, you couldn't help but say in response, "I really like you, Gildarts."

He, swiftly, took a hold of you and kissed you once again.

In between breaths, he spoke, "Why do you try so hard to impress me?"

"I love you..."

"We can't," he kissed you once again multiple times, "do this."

Whispering, he furrowed his brows and rubbed your lips with his thumb.

"I can't do this to you."

You grabbed onto his arms, feeling like you were going to faint. And here, you thought that the recent hug would be the most palpitating thing to happen to you.

You leaned in, just inches away from him..

Suddenly, a knock on the door stopped the both of you in your tracks.

The infirmary door opened, revealing Mirajane (who seemed to have not seen anything) with a glass of water.

Gildarts pulled himself away from you and subtly wiped his lips before standing up.

"Mira, hey.."

"Sorry to bother you two! I just came here to say that you're good to go, Y/N!"

Oh, right. You fainted.

She continued, leaving the glass on the table next to you, "Just drink some water before leaving, okay? Oh, Natsu's looking for you, Gildarts!"

You nodded and kept your eyes on the door until she left.

An awkward silence washed over the room.

You didn't dare say a word. This didn't feel like real life. You looked at Gildarts, noticing him not making any sort of eye contact with you until he opened his mouth.

"I should probably get going.."

You took hold of his hand, not exactly ready to let him leave yet. You just couldn't...

Sighing softly, he placed his hand on your head and caressed it gently.

"I... don't want you to think I was taking advantage of the fact that you were vulnerable. I just.. couldn't think of anything else to make you stop..."

"Yeah... I-I get it." You took a moment to stare him in the eyes and, with an ounce of courage, spoke again.

"Don't start avoiding me because of this, okay?"

He smiled slightly and left the room to see what Natsu wanted from him. And just like that, he was gone.

And you were going insane inside.

You covered your face with your hands and furiously screamed into them. You felt so confused and frustrated. This wasn't what you thought you would feel in this moment.

What had just happened..?

It might have been a quick moment, but you knew that things definitely weren't going to be the same now.

For better or for worse.

°°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 7.5K 28
*INCLUDES LOTS OF EXPLICIT CONTENT COME AND FIGHT ME* "So have you found your mate yet? My eye is on Levy." "Well Gray looks pretty hot over there st...
14.1K 298 20
What did I do to deserve this. I wish I didn't love him. Then I wouldn't be hurt as bad. But why did he have to go and say he loved her. Yeah they we...
2.9K 50 11
It's been a while Fairy Tail. But I'm here to contribute to the collection of fanfiction. This is a story that lives with me despite getting over my...
134K 3.1K 48
Pls do read this! It starts out bad but I get better at writing as time passes! This is a merthur one shot book it is going to be almost all fluff m...