The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remn...

By User456as

When a young Ex-Gang lord was betrayed by his own blood is suddenly transported Remnant to start again... or... More

Chapter 1: New Line of Work
Chapter 2: Talking it Through
Chapter 3: Me?
Chapter4: The Hunt continues
Chapter 5: Sea Problem
Chapter 6: Welcome to Atlas
Chapter 7: Snow Day
Chapter 8: Transport
Chapter 9: Scout
Chapter 10: Motion
Chapter 11: Mentor
Chapter 12: A Regular Day
Chapter 13: Confrontation
Chapter 15: Talk
Chapter 16: Hostage
Chapter 17: Corrupt
Chapter 18: Heists
Chapter 19: The Showdown
Chapter 20: The Seeker
Chapter 21: The Air Ship
Chapter 22: Travel
Chapter 23: Again?
Chapter 24: Trouble
Chapter 25: Massacre
Chapter 26: Another Day, Another Memory
Chapter 27: Old Man's Deal
Chapter 28: Meeting
Chapter 29: Gone Wrong
Chapter 30: Discipline
Chapter 31: Unlikely Evening
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: More Truths
Chapter 34: Who's Side Are You On?
Chapter 35: Finding the Train to Hell
Chapter 36: Found the Train to Hell!
Chapter 37: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 38: Lesson Taught...
Chapter 39: Lesson Learned
Chapter 40: Beacon Days
Chapter 41: Beacon Days Pt.2
Chapter 42: The Fall of Beacon
Update!

Chapter 14: A Friendly Meeting

1K 23 18
By User456as

After Hector dismantled the Mole Rat gang he was saying his goodbyes to those who had helped him throughout his somewhat short journey in Mantle.

"So you're finally heading back to Vale?" Citrine asked.

"Yeah, going to rest for a week or two before I start hunting again." Hector replied which Citrine was a bit uneasy.

"And who are you going after this time? The Florence family?" Her dad said which Hector responded,

"I've been here for nearly three months and I never got your name... what is it?"

"Bruce Foxtrot."

"Ah... after a massacre I've finally know your name." Hector said which then earned a elbow from She Who Wields Three.

"Ow! Do you have to do that? And when did YOU get here!?"

"Long enough to hear your barbaric response Hector." She said sternly which Hector said,

"Well I gotta go before my ride leaves me."

"Isn't that risky? You know... with Atlas still looking for you?" Citrine asked which be said,

"Nope! I've got a little associate working for me and I got some of the people to spread rumors that I was in the eastern tundra so I'm good."

"You could sign up at one of the academys." Bruce said which Hector replied.

"Yeah no. Why would go there when I've already did things that a Huntsmen couldn't do? I mean there's Sion and my take down of the Mole Rats. If anything they should just give me the license at this point."

*BONK

"Again?!"

"Watch your arrogance. Plus I already got my things ready."

"Wha?"

"Just because you're going to Vale doesn't mean your training is done. Far from it."

Hector slumped his shoulders before saying,

"I've met some pretty fucked up people but you... you're probably the most evil person I've met."

"And that's coming from the kid who slaughtered now over fifty people-"

"Hector!" Both Lapis and Rush yelled before running at him and hugging his legs.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be in school?" Hector replied.

"How could we when we heard you were leaving!" Rush responded which Lapis added.

"Well yeah the people in Atlas for some reason don't like me, usually I don't care but Ironwood has been on my butt nonstop so I'm off for a bit." Hector explained.

"Awwwww!" They both groaned which got a light hearted chuckle from the group. Which Hector then saw two humans walk into the inn.

One man, one female. The man sort of long hair in a bun with a beard that was beginning to grow out and the woman a splitting image of Lapis but older.

"You must b-be the bounty hunter." The woman said a bit nervous since she heard what he had done before.

"You're the parents of Lapis? Pleasure to meet you." Hector said extending out his hand to shake theirs.

"I... can't thank you enough for saving my wife." The man said bowing his head.

"I made your kid a promise that I would find her... so I did." Hector replied which the mom said,

"Either way, we and everyone who got saved is forever in your debt."

"You make me sound like a saint." Hector mused before he said.

"But I'm just a bounty hunter, making his way through the world."

"Not to interrupt, but our ship is soon to leave." She said which Hector nodded before Rush said,

"So I guess you're really leaving?"

Although Rush somewhat interacted with the bounty hunter, Hector was the big brother he and Lapis wanted. Protective yet playful. Can go from beating up a man using only a water bottle to him having a snowball fight.

"Don't be sad, you know goodbyes aren't forever." Hector said going down to eye level with them.

He then put one of his hands on Lapis and Rush's shoulder and said,

"If you ever feel alone, remember: You've got each other.
You've got this community, a home, parents, Citrine and even this old grouch behind me."

Hector said which earned small laughs even Bruce laughed.

"And plus, I don't think that after what I did they would try and take their place for a while."

Hector and his mentor then headed near the door but before they left Hector turned to Citrine and said,

"Oh yeah I left something in the room for yall. Got from one of Owl's... belongings. I think you'll put it to good use."

Everyone in the inn looked at one another both quizzically and concerned. It could be Owl's head for all they knew.

So everyone went up to where Hector's room was albeit cautiously before Citrine opened the door and saw... nothing?

Everything seemed where it should be... a rather large briefcase sitting in the middle of the bed.

"...so..." Rush said peeking between Lapis's parents.

"Who's gonna open it?"

LINEBREAK

"Ah Hector, I got your payment but you sent double my fee. I assume someone else is coming along?"
Lilly asked which upon seeing a brown robed elderly woman, her answers were answered.

"I see. Well the room below deck is at your disposal, and you are?"

"Traya." She said before passing by her and leaving.

"She's uptight as you can tell." Hector replied.

"I see, just don't cause any problems. And please stay out of sight as much as possible. If someone in the military gets a tip that you're here then I would be forced to stop the ship." Lilly said which Hector agreed.

Going into the room he found Traya meditating in the center of the room. Ignoring her he went to go change in the bathroom into his somewhat new Vale outfit.

He got his black coat, dark blue jeans with his other gas mask. During the two day journey through the Vytal Sea, Lilly was talking to Hector about his reputation.

"Mantle has so far been open to you but still don't really think you're the good guy. But mostly on their good side since alot of small businesses don't have to pay extortion money. As you've probably seen the remaining members that weren't arrested or killed by you fled." Lilly explained.

Hector then chuckled before Lilly continued on. He had to admit though, he was surprised he was getting away with everything he's been doing.

"Atlas... they see you as some barbaric, heathenistic, ruthless murderer."

"What?? Me??" Hector said sarcastically while also putting his hand on his chest offended.

"All they see is someone who should be put under arrest for murder despite not realizing how there are virtually no laws regarding bounty hunting."

Hector then bragged about evading Ironwood's best trackers and the Happy Huntresses despite his notable appearance he still managed to evade capture without a trace. Hector left Atlas knowing that they probably were still looking for him.

"Still amazes me how you fled without even coming close to capture." Lilly said impressed.

"Eh, where I'm from it's more harder so I guess I owe it to them." Hector replied without saying much about L.A, the U.S.

As Hector returned to his room he found Traya still meditating which he shrugged off. He never really understood meditating but eh, as long as she didn't drag-"

"Hector come here."

"Chingada madre."

"Yeah?"

"Come here and sit." She said pointing at a slot in front of her. Hector then sat in front of her criss cross and leaned back using his hands to support himself.

"Have you ever meditated?"

"Am I mentally stable?"

*BONK

"Gah! Damn it! Traya!"

"As I was saying, meditating can help you sense what neither you can see or hear. Giving you another sense in a way but not even I know if you will receive such a gift considering your... deposition." Traya explained.

"Deposition? Please, if anything it gives me an advantage over everyone else." Hector said with confidence. Traya raised an eyebrow from under her hood and said,

"Mind listing them?"

"People who rely on aura to see, basically invisible to Grimm, and it let's me go through any aura reading technology." Hector countered.

"Interesting... but it also means you'll have to work even more than everyone else considering your opponent will only need one shot at you."

"True but these gravity and rocket boots aren't the only things I'll have against them."

"Already looking for more armaments?" Traya asked the bounty hunter.

"If I'm going up against rogue Huntsmen and Huntresses and criminals who actually know how to fight I want to make it as unfair as possible." Hector replied which earned a small chuckle from Traya who said.

"Good, you already know what has to be done. And what are these new weapons you are interested in getting?"

Hector then went on to explain what he wanted a flamethrower on his left wrist gauntlet while on his right he wanted a small device that could emit smelling salts. Why?

Because if a person catches a big whiff of it, it can make the person convulse their head back giving him a wide opening. He also wanted both of his gauntlets to have military grade rope that could also electrocute anyone who touched it with a button.

"What? You asked?" Hector said sensing that Traya was intensely judging him.

"You certainly have a active imagination." Traya said which Hector replied.

"But you didn't expect something like I said right?"

"Not too far off but considering it is you. I can't say I'm too surprised."

"But the real problem is trying to make it. I can get the chemicals for the flamethrower since I'm not using dust for my equipment since it's weak, no offense." Hector examined.

"I believe I can help with that. Give me your scroll." Traya said which Hector gave before mumbling,

"Say please."

*BONK

"I hate you."

A few days later...

"Huh... who did you say you called?"

"An old acquaintance, he's actually one of Atlas's best scientists. And one who owed me several favors." Traya explained while they were in a forest in Vale outside the city.

After purchasing a new luxury apartment despite Traya's disapproval.

Hector continued his training and targeting regular bounties which wasn't too much of a problem but one thing: His lungs.

If he tried pushing himself too hard then his would suddenly burst out coughing for the next five minutes nonstop.

This did hinder his training for a time until Hector remembered that he can use one of those things they use at the hospital where a tube goes in their nose. Time for another upgrade!

Meanwhile the rest of the world more particularly Vale and Atlas since Hector has been killing bounties in those kingdoms, even sometimes not even claiming the reward money.

Whenever Hector was at a settlement and bandits got word of him being there, then they moved on to the next settlement out of fear of the bounty hunter.

Even bandit tribes weren't safe as Traya was teaching him how to be more patient. Bandits who went out on patrols rarely came back or let alone found.

Even in the city of Vale saw their share of Hector's violence. He had rigged a car of another gang leader as he was on the highway away from civilian cars. Making sure that only their car was blown up.

He had even gone back to Atlas to make sure no gang got the bright idea of taking the Mole Rats place.

Since his last stay he saw the Citrine's inn got gotten the repairs it needed after he left them a boat load of Lien before leaving.

Of course his stay was short as another group of people started extortioning the crater which Hector promptly executed and leaving right after with a note saying,

"You really need better security in Mantle lol!"

Suffice it to say, Ironwood was not happy. Ironwood had even put a fifty thousand Lien bounty on Hector for his capture. Which then led to a team of Huntsmen and Huntresses to try and apprehend this bounty hunter.

Of course since he was now in Vale, he would be harder to catch since Vale still hasn't taken any action against him since crime in the city would slow down whenever he was around.

"Fifty thousand?! I'm worth more than that!" Hector shouted at the bounty Atlas had put on him though his scroll.

"Are you really surprised?" Traya said while in a meditating on a nearby rock. They weren't even in Vale anymore, they were in Vacuo

Traya brought him here to train against multiple opponents. She wanted Hector to refine his sixth sense so he wouldn't be caught by surprise.

His first step was meditating, though it was somewhat successful since the bounty hunter wasn't used to just sitting there and doing absolutely nothing.

Then Traya launched rocks at Hector who used Sion's sword to block. At first it was fist size rocks then more smaller and smaller coming from one direction. Then two directions then three, then all sides.

Hector was picking up even more speed with an air filter.
His nose constantly filling his lungs with that clean air his body desperately needed just to live.

The pain hadn't gone away either, the constant pain in his lungs and at times body was a constant reminder of his parents abuse, and in turn reminded him of his former gang who he would very much like to see dead.

Unknown to Hector, the councils of Vale, Atlas would be announcing a new law that would put Hector on the wrong side of the law.

Author's Note:

Thank you for everyone that has been reading this so far! It only gets better from here!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 286 21
A boy by the name (Y/N) Stone and his sister Ashley had lost their parents at a difficult time. (Y/N) had just started going to Beacon Academy and ha...
74.4K 1.4K 26
A boy no less then 16 years old was always nice to everyone no matter how rude they was how mean they was he would help them but he always had though...
1.2K 7 5
Remnant is a land full of legends and stories. Some are more popularly known such The Story of the Seasons and the legend of the Silver-Warriors. How...
23.2K 236 10
(Completed) A cowboy finds himself thrown into a new world, one with powers and monsters unlike any he's seen before. The monsters he meets are more...