Viridity

Por Chrysanthemum-_-

[Various!BNHA X Fem!Reader] Always hiding in the shadow of your siblings, you slowly learn that you don't wan... Más

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
A/N
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78

7

9.3K 400 180
Por Chrysanthemum-_-

The third year and last year of your middle school had finally began.

Your career crisis was as rampant as ever, but it's not like you could do anything other than continue your research for different professions. You still had an entire year until you could actually apply for high school, so you only prayed that you would be able to decide on a career by the end of your school year.

As the days rolled by, you realised that out of the entire class, Todoroki only ever greeted or acknowledged you. Now, you don't want to get ahead of yourself, but even the teacher seemed to pick it up and began partnering you both up more frequently (probably because everyone else was too intimidated by Todoroki.)

As much you were flattered, even you felt awkward with him. But you're not sure if he also felt that, maybe he did and just didn't show it. Whatever it was, you're just glad that if he did, he didn't point it out. You're sure you would have committed seppuku right then and there, if he did tell you how awkward you were.

Meanwhile, your friends were burning in jealousy, and already planning a murder.

How dare that random boy try to take their friend?! Sure, he's cute and all but he wasn't even that close to you in the first few years, and now suddenly, he's your partner for everything?!

Unacceptable!!

Well, Fumiko was the one who was mostly fuming over it. She was always too protective over you, but even Shiho and Mikoto could tell that she was way too pissed at that Todoroki kid for having stolen you (even if it wasn't his doing.)

"I'm sure he's got a crush on [Name] and the teacher just took advantage of that to pair them... He's too scary for everyone else, so I'm not surprised." Mikoto softly whispered to Shiho, careful not to let Fumiko hear them or else she would have actually marched up to you and Todoroki working on your titrations and ripped his head off.

"I'll kill him... Look at how he's all over her..." Fumiko growled while Mikoto could only deadpan when she followed her gaze, "Fumi, he's just fixing the burette for her, calm down."

"Yeah, and [Name] still sits with us, eats lunch with us, and has study dates with us. You know she's only with him because the teacher pairs them up." Shiho added and gave her a thumbs up, "- so don't worry, you'll always be her first choice!"

A blush coated Fumiko's pale cheeks and she nodded, looking down at her lap in all her bashfulness.

"Come on, guys! Todoroki and [Name] are almost done with their titration and we haven't even started!! Let's go, girls! We can't be defeated by the Canadian flag!" Mikoto decided to cheer up Fumiko because she noticed that she was always sad without you.

Hopefully, she would be able to deal with high school without going on a murder spree because she missed you too much. Yeah, no. Even Fumi wasn't psychotic enough to hurt someone, she was studying to become a hero.

But it was still worrying.

————

Half way through your third year, you were approached by your family about what you wanted to do in the future.

They were worried if you would be confused with your options. Especially since you were always babied, you never really made too many decisions on your own. Your indecisive nature was one of your biggest weaknesses.

So they tried to help you while saying, "You're still in middle school, but I think it's better for you to choose an appropriate high school for what you want to do..."

"You know, things like A.I and IT are really famous these days, maybe you should try that out?" Your father offered with a smile, and your brother shook his head, "She's not all that big with A.I and IT, maybe something like Accounting or Data Management."

"You like doodling, right? You can always do something like Architecture or even Fashion Designing. I'm sure your quirk will also be very useful for that!" Your sister added this time, and you nodded quietly.

It was true. With a quirk like yours, you'd be better off in an art field. Your family seemed too enthusiastic to help you, that you didn't have the heart to tell them that you wanted to be a hero...

But who are you kidding? A useless quirk like yours isn't cut out for hero work, so why even bother mentioning it and then getting embarrassed when they tell you how dumb of an idea it is, to your face?

"I'll think about it... I still wanna think a bit about my options a bit more, if that's okay?" Your family, of course told you that it was much better. The more time you take to think, the better you can think of your choices and actions.

So you chose to mindlessly ask Todoroki as you both were working on preparing a few microscope slides with the given bacteria colony, "Todoroki-san?"

He hummed while placing a drop of sterile saline on the slide to add the colony of bacteria. He never faced you as he kept working, but his hum was a sign for you to keep talking, "Do you... know what you want to do after middle school?"

He stopped.

Slowly, he turned to you and tilted his head, "Like... for high school?" You nodded, "Yes... I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do so I figured I'd ask around, just to get a general opinion..." Seeing how he remained silently staring at you, you quickly added, "I-It's fine if you don't want to tell me, I get it! We're not close enough to be sharing our plans-"

"UA." He simply answered and turned back to the slide.

"UA? Like, the hero course, right?" He nodded at your question and you nodded to yourself.

"Oh... Good luck, then. I'm sure you'll be an amazing hero" His eyes widened and he gave you a side glance as your conversation seemingly ended. But then, the unthinkable happened.

He spoke up first.

"What about you, [Last Name]?" You just told him you have no idea what you want to do.

"I... don't know. My sister suggested something like architecture or fashion, I'll be able to use my quirk well in such a field." He seemed quite intrigued, "Your quirk?"

You hummed as you turned the color of your pencil case from brown to pink to demonstrate, "I can change the color of things. It's useful to get the right color during chemical titration, haha..."

"Oh... That is quite useful in an art-related field."

"Yes, but I'm not sure if I want to do that..." You admitted and he looked at you in question, raising an eyebrow.

"Why not? It's pretty good."

You didn't wanted to admit that you wanted to become a hero, despite how silly your quirk was. And knowing how blunt Todoroki was, you knew he wouldn't hesitate in insulting you, even if it's indirectly.

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe you're right." In the end, you were the one who ended the conversation, realising that you would much rather not tell anyone.

————

It happened when you were running some errands for your sister.

The scene looked straight out of a cliche action manga. The bully was standing while the main character was on the floor. A typical case of bullying to give more backstory and character development to the main character.

But the only problem was that the scene in front of you wasn't from a manga, it was real. As a blonde spiky haired guy produced sparks from his hands, a greenette boy cowered on the ground. You couldn't find it in you to just leave the kid being bullied, alone. Sure, Rae was never physical, but you felt like bullying was something that you've experienced and it was never a good experience, no matter if it is physical or not.

But you're no hero. You don't have the guts to pick a fight with a guy who clearly has a much stronger quirk and physique than you. Not to mention, the biological advantage that he has all point in his favor.

Also, call yourself a coward, but you've never had a physical fight with a stranger. Maybe a few fights with your sister or brother but never against a stranger. So you can confidently say that if you blindly jump in, you're just going to get your ass handed to you.

But wait... This guy is using his quirk... Who the hell allowed him to do that? It's literally illegal to use your quirk unlicensed, unless it's a mutant quirk that you can't switch off.

Is this guy somehow related to a pro-hero that he thinks he can get away with literally breaking a law?

Now, you may not be courageous. But you sure can improvise and act like you actually have confidence.

Because you quickly whipped out your phone and recorded the entire ordeal. After getting a good video of that guy using his quirk, you confidently walked up to them, knowing damn well that if your plan failed, you're definitely dying and meeting your mother today.

"Hey! Don't you know it's illegal to use your quirk without a license?!" You mentally patted yourself on the back for how good your acting was, but immediately, all your confidence diminished when you saw the bully's scary face.

"Hah?! Who the fuck are you, bitch? Mind your fucking business, damn it!" Wow, this bastard really curses like a sailor, huh?

"Alright then, I'll just call the police here and report your unlicensed usage of a quirk." He seemed close to burning you alive and even the greenette cowering on the ground looked as if you had grown another head.

"Didn't you just hear what I fucking said?! Mind your damn business before I kill you on his stead!" You pulled out your phone and showed him the video, and he seemed to glower at you, "I can't do that, so I'll ask you this nicely. If you don't want me to turn this recording in, you should leave that guy alone."

"You fucking bitch!! You think you're a hero or some shit?!" God, this guy is really scary. Despite having faced your sister's and mother's anger quite a few times, this guy is still pretty terrifying. If only you weren't lying to yourself that you'd be okay, you're sure you would have either started crying or ran away from fear.

"That's a no, then?" This time the boy on the ground spoke, "It's fine, miss! Don't worry about me! Just get away!"

But the scary dude had already launched himself in your direction, and it was then that you finally implemented your plan. Looking at his palms, you used your quirk to change the color of his explosions from a fiery reddish orange to completely colorless.

It was practically invisible to the naked eye. You just prayed to God that he didn't have a thermal detection quirk as well or else, you're fucked.

"Huh?!" His voice came out rough and annoyed, as if he was utterly flabbergasted by what just happened. And he probably was, "Have fun using your quirk now, shit stain."

Actually, his quirk is still very much active, it's just invisible explosions now, instead of visible ones. And he looked at you in horror, "Did you just erase my quirk, you bitch?!"

"Damn right I did. And I'll be turning this in, to the police!" Instead of worrying about his 'erased' quirk, he lunged at you again. This was not part of your plan! You hadn't even calculated what would happen if he attacked you instead of worrying about his quirk, but thankfully this time the kid on the ground jumped up and pushed you out of the way. You both rolled on the ground and you could feel the sharp rocks scratching and cutting through your skin.

"K-Kacchan! Please stop! Don't hurt her, she's just a passerby!" Wow, if only you weren't scared shitless, you would have actually laughed at how his parents willingly named this scary guy 'Kacchan'.

Fucking hilarious.

"Give my quirk back, you fucking whore!! You better give it back or else-"

"Or else what?! You're gonna bully me, huh?! That doesn't seem like a problem for you, since you seemed quite eager to do that, regardless of me erasing your quirk!"

Someone should give you a medal for how good of an actress you are right now.

But before he could shoot another explosion at you, a loud voice boomed through the area, "What the fuck are you doing to my sister, you motherfucking piece of shit?!"

Holy shit! You've never heard your brother being this angry!! Forget this explosion guy, your brother definitely takes the cake in being terrifying.

As he marched over to you, his expressions were that of a murderer.

Thirsty for blood.

And you're sure you saw that scary explosion guy gulp nervously as he saw your brother's police uniform.

Your brother didn't have a fighting quirk, but he often hit the gym so he looked quite terrifying when he stood at his full height, "What the fuck do you want-" Your brother grabbed the guy from his collar and glared right into his soul, "I want you to piss off, you little shit. And if I see you bullying my sister or frankly... anyone, I will drag your ass to the police station myself. I will find you and I will make your life a living hell, do I have myself clear?"

The blondie just looked straight into your bother's eyes and you commend him for standing his ground against your brother's death glare.

"[Name], are you okay?" As your brother asked you that while still holding the guy, you nodded and just when you were about to pull out your phone to show how this guy was illegally using his quirk, the greenette held onto your hand and shook his head, silently begging you to not press charges on the bully.

"It's fine, he won't hurt you!" You tried to reassure him but he shook his head, "He's... He's my friend, please don't do this!" For a moment, you were shocked.

Is this kid okay in head?

You don't even know the explosion kid but you know damn well that he does not consider this guy, his friend.

But then, you realised that this wasn't your place to butt in. You should let the bullied person decide what he wants to do with the bully and if he wants to forgive him then who are you to refuse.

It seems like your brother and that guy were busy having a glaring contest. And with one last glare, your brother let his collar go, "I better see you moving, kid." He ordered, and the scary guy fixed his collar before sneering and leaving. Though, not without cursing for a bit.

You decided to return the color of his explosions and blinked at his receding body as you did so.

Suddenly, your brother rushed over to your side, "[Name]!! Are you okay?! He didn't hit you right?! I swear if he did, I'm gonna find a hundred ways to arrest his sorry ass-"

"I'm fine, [Brother Name]. Don't worry!" Shooting him a gentle smile, that managed to calm your brother a bit.

Meanwhile, when you felt a pair of eyes on you, you turned to the greenette who was on the ground with you.

Your breathing hitched...

For once, someone was looking at you in awe.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.4K 7 10
I'm Izumi Midoriya you may remember me from my first life when I wasn't a hero...It seems as though God had other plans for me which brings us here...
273K 12.8K 54
Izuku struggles everyday with keeping his hopes and dreams, leaving him to feel unworthy. The constant bullying is tormenting him until one day where...
75.7K 2.5K 24
𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎 32-𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟-𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑢𝑝 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟�...
189K 5.1K 35
Todoroki is dealing with an abusive father all by himself until one day his injuries are too much and he needs help from his classmate Katsuki Bakugo...