ENTICE || JJk•PJm•KTh

By sparklesinpurple

"She's a single mother, do you still want her?" _ When Park Jiah sets out and starts working to have a new li... More

Introduction
Chapter 01 || New Job
Chapter 02 || Daycare
Chapter 03 || A Random Jerk
Chapter 04 || Friend Circle
Chapter 05 || Tough Girl
Chapter 06 || Spectrum for a Man
Chapter 07 || Two Inches
Chapter 08 || Wrinkle of the Past
Chapter 09 || Lover Boy
Chapter 10 || Step Brother?!
Chapter 11 || Flashback
Chapter 12 || Father
Chapter 13 || Coffee & Ties
Chapter 14 || Business Party
Chapter 15 || Hello, Mr Kim
Chapter 16 || Special Enough (Kiss)
Chapter 16 || Date
Chapter 17 || Return of the Jerk
Chapter 18 || Stronger
Chapter 19 || A Day Off
Chapter 20 || Daddy
Chapter 21 || Replaced
Chapter 22 || Friends
Chapter 24 || A Bigger Mess
Chapter 25 || New Manly
Chapter 26 || Miss Jiu Jitsu
Chapter 27 || Responsibilities
Chapter 28 || Till Seven
Chapter 29 || Catch Up?
Chapter 30 || Hypnotic
Chapter 31 || Working It Out
Chapter 32 || Bad Idea, Right?
Chapter 33 || A Good Mother
Chapter 34 || Games
Chapter 35 || Worried For You
Chapter 36 || Scared
New Book!
Chapter 37 || What Am I To You?
Chapter 38 || Ruined Like That
Chapter 39 || Saviour
Chapter 40 || Bitter
Chapter 41 || Different Versions Of Love
Chapter 42 || A Step Towards You
Chapter 43 || Back To Square One
Chapter 44 || Closer To You
Chapter 45 || A Day With Baby
Chapter 46 || Mr. & Mrs. Park
Chapter 47 || Slept In?!
Chapter 48 || Somebody Else
Chapter 49 || One Step At A Time

Chapter 23 || Confrontation

468 41 20
By sparklesinpurple

"So much happened and you're- You're telling me now?" Yoongi inhales deeply, massaging his temples, while Jiah is busy cursing at herself and her big mouth for always being such a chatterbox that she couldn't even keep her own secret. Yes, she had to tell him everything eventually, but today wasn't the day.

Although fortunately she has been able to push the meet-ups for a week, which Namjoon always told her was a bad idea, considering that Yoongi was growing worried and suspicious that something wasn't right. The way she hung up on him, after telling briefly about her busy life, Namjoon warned her that Yoongi will be mad the day she finally opens up.

And today it happened. Even though it was accidentally. It still happened. The whole week has been quite dramatic and unpredictable, along with the daily struggle to go to different companies for the interviews. All of that coupled with the famous traditional soju of Yoongi's restaurant, was all Jiah needed to start like a whiny kid and present her life open in front of Yoongi and the other three elders.

They stare at her with sympathetic looks, Namjoon specifically feeling restless to help her get a job that she kept saying she'll manage by herself. Yoongi takes another shot of his drink, dragging his eyes up from the table, and Jiah looks down, ready to be scolded. Although it never comes at her, rather Yoongi's pissed voice is directed to Namjoon, making her stare at him with wide eyes, "You knew all this happened," He's glaring at him.

"Oppa, it's not his fau-"

"Shut up," Yoongi shoots her a glare as well, before focusing back on Namjoon, "Why didn't you tell me anything? She's and idiot and likes to act tough all the time, I get it. Why were you quiet, Namjoon? Why did you choose to just watch her stuggle?"

"It's not like that, oppa," Jiah tries again, only for Yoongi to frown at her. He turns to face her entirely and crosses his arms on his chest.

"Then what is it like? You lost your job, you've been seeing that asshole— Kim Taehyung, and even before that I know something happened with Jimin,"

Jiah stares at him with wide eyes, turning to Namjoon who shrugs his shoulders, because as far as she remembers, nobody knows about that night of bravery other than Taehyung, and well Namjoon, because she told him later when he visited her, worried after she lost her job. She takes a deep breath, picking up her glass and chugs down a shot, needing more alcohol in her system before she's ready to face Yoongi.

"Okay," She mumbles against her tipsy state and looks at Yoongi, "I was going to tell you everything. I told Namjoon oppa, that I'll talk to you. But you've been busy the whole week, your restaurant and your family. Even I was busy with job interviews and I've also been studying for IELTS..."

"What?" The elders frown, and Jiah sighs, nodding slowly.

"I was thinking of moving to the States and start fresh. My academic performances have been good, and I've got some work experience, if I try a little harde, I can go to the States and do something there,"

"Are you serious?" Yoongi lets out, throwing his head back as he chuckles lowly, shaking his head. "Yeah, great. Good for you, Jiah. Leave everything behind and go start a new life. Why did you even bother telling me? You could've simply taken all of your secrets with you,"

"Oppa, don't say that. I'm sorry, I wanted to talk to you, I swear!"

"And you kept hanging up on me everytime I called you? You didn't even wanna see me! Stop lying to me!"

"It's not like that!" She stares at him with frustration growing up now, and tears pooling her eyes as she stands up from her seat, "I wanted to meet you in person and tell you everything before you came to know from anyone else! I just needed some time to process everything! Do you think I enjoy being unemployed? Do you think I like the thought of having my bills unpaid, and my son struggling with me? Finding myself a job was my first priority and I do not have to explain that to anyone! I was going to tell you everything once I had another job because I knew if I confronted you before that, you'd react like this! I don't even know why you think I'd keep these things a secret from you, Yoongi oppa, when— when you're the only person I ever freely talk to. You worry for me, I know that, and I care for you too. I wouldn't leave just like that without telling you..."

Yoongi's quiet, and so are the other three men. She blinks her tears away, grabbing her phone from the table and a few tissues to wipe her son's messy hands. She picks him up from the highchair and shakes her head, "I'm going home. Thank you for the dinner. I'll clear my tab tomorrow," With that she turns around, tears threatening to fall from her eyes as her own words keep ringing in her head.

This is probably the first the time she has ever had a fight this bad with Yoongi. He's older than her, been there for her for as long as she can remember, and now saying all that to his face feels like bullets to her own heart. Getting away from the restaurant, she places Jihun down on his feet, holding his hand and continues walking slowly with him.

"Mamma," Jihun mumbles, staring up at her with a confused face. His round eyes, watching her intently as though he was worried that something was hurting his mom. Jiah, however, doesn't respond to him and keeps walking towards her apartment.

"Jiah!"

She ignores the voice, but her son doesn't. He turns around quickly, tugging on her hand while his other hand points back at the man jogging up to them, "Yoo'gi!" He smiles, raising his arms up for him to carry him up. Yoongi smiles at the little boy softly, lifting him off the ground and turns to Jiah.

"I'm sorry," He says, "I shouldn't have reacted that way. It just worries me, Jiah. Seeing you struggling alone, and you have Jihun too. It scares me sometimes..."

Jiah looks down at her feet, nodding her head slowly and wipes her tears,"I'm sorry," She mumbles, sniffling in between, "I shouldn't talk to you like that... That was so rude of me. I'm so sorry,"

"It's alright, don't cry," He assures her instantly, wrapping his arm around her and smiles when the girl hugs him within a heartbeat, crying in his embrace, while cursing her at herself for being a horrible person. "Hey, stop crying. Jihun will start crying too,"

"Mamma no' cwy," Jihun says, patting Jiah's head, making Yoongi chuckle.

"Your mamma is such a crybaby, isn't she?"

Jihun giggles at that, getting a look from Jiah as she wipes her tears and takes a deep breath, "I'm not a crybaby. I just got emotional because I yelled at you," she says to Yoongi, and he nods knowingly. "You're not mad at me, right?"

"No," He says, "Let's go, now. I'll walk you home,"

She hums, walking beside him and glances at his face, "How did you know about Jimin?"

"I heard Namjoon talking to you about him the other day. He thought he was alone, but I just happened to be there. I was waiting for you to tell me, but it looked like you didn't wanna talk at all,"

"I was so busy clearing all my mess," Jiah sighs deeply.

"You can tell me now," Yoongi glances at her, holding Jihun with one arm while the other is patting his back to put him to sleep.

"Uh yeah, actually I started liking Jimin and he was interested in me too. So, he asked if I wanted to go out on a date with him. I was so happy that he asked me, and I agreed. Then he said I could bring Jihun as well, because he wanted to get to know him, y'know? That bugged me a little honestly, because c'mon, who takes their toddler on a date right? I didn't want anything to be awkward for Jimin if my son would be there. But he insisted, so I brought Jihun along with me. He took us to an pet café, it was lovely. Then Jeon Jungkook showed up,"

"Jeon Jungkook?" Yoongi arches up a brow.

"Namjoon oppa's brother," Jiah says, and Yoongi nods remembering the name now, "Yeah, so he came there and started talking to me. I sent him away, but Jimin didn't like that I was talking to Jungkook. He was pissed and said that I shouldn't've gone on a date with him if I was more interested in that Jungkook guy. I tried explaining that it wasn't like that, but he didn't listen. So that just put me off, and I left,"

"Left? He didn't try stopping you?"

"He did, but then he gave up. He was mad too because I said I would manage and he didn't have to bother driving me back,"

"Then did you manage?" Yoongi asks, and Jiah gives him a nervous smile, "Jiah," He groans, "I hope it's not anything too bad,"

"Uh it kinda is, but I can stop," She says, getting a look from the elder male, "Just kidding, oppa. I'm telling you everything,"

"Better,"

"I took a bus because I thought that taking a cab all the way home would be too expensive. Which was a wrong move, and I realised it. It was dark when I was walking back home and these two guys came up to me. They were pretty drunk and started saying weird stuff. I got mad and I punched them both, then called the police and handed them over like a really brave girl. Are you proud of me?"

Yoongi squints at her and asks, "Where was Jihun?"

"With me..."

"And you were fighting two drunk guys? Are you stupid?! They could've hurt him! They could've hurt you!"

"I know, oppa. But relax, nothing happened. I'm trained in-"

"That doesn't mean you have to put yourself in danger, Jiah," He pinches the bridge of his nose, "What did they do? Were you hurt?"

"Not really. But oppa, I fought so hard that night. I was scared but, I couldn't just give up. They were going to hurt Jihun, and that's why I had to fight. There was no one around, or else I'd ask for help,"

Yoongi shakes his head, wrapping his arm around Jiah and pulls her in a gentle hug from the side. He leans down a bit and kisses the top of her head, "I'm sorry I didn't answer your call then. And fuck that Park Jimin for leaving you alone,"

"It doesn't matter, oppa. He's a jerk. He couldn't handle his jealousy, he saw me with Tae after that, and he was mad again. That's probably why he fired me," She mutters, getting a soft look from Yoongi.

He said nothing after that, as he didn't want Jiah to feel weak due to his words of obvious sympathy, knowing that she doesn't like being victimized. Walking in calm silence, their destination comes by and Jiah gives him a brief smile, taking Jihun from his arms, "Thanks for the walk," She says.

Yoongi hums softly, patting the sleeping baby's head then cups Jiah's cheek, "You're the strongest girl I've met, Jiah. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Fuck Park Jimin, fuck Kim Taehyung and everyone else who thinks your life isn't complete without them. They can never fight as hard as you've done already. If they bother you again, tell them to get their gender tattooed on their forehead and fuck off,"

Jiah grins at that, nodding her head leans closer to kiss Yoongi's cheek, "You're the best, oppa,"

"I know right?" He ruffles her hair, "Now, go. Good night,"

"You're not coming?" She asks.

"No, you and Jihun should go and rest. I still have Namjoon, Seokjin and Hoseok waiting for me,"

"Ah right," Jiah nods and steps back, waving at him, "Bye, good night, oppa," Once he waves back at her, she heads inside the building, while Yoongi leaves back to his restaurant that's only a ten minutes walk from here.

Jiah massages his temples as it has started hurting a bit after drinking, then crying even. She pulls out the keys of her apartment, walking out of the elevator and sighs deeply, tired after a long day. However, her feet come to a halt even before reaching her apartment, when she finds Park Jimin sitting on the floor, leaning on her door.

He looks up at her and stands up quickly, stumbling as he dusts his pants, still dressed in his attire from office. But he doesn't look presentable at all. The blazer is gone, tie is missing and the usual neat dress shirts that he used to wear is wrinkled today, messily tucked inside his pants, sleeves rolled up till his elbows. He looks bad to put it simply, and Jiah wonders what got him so disheveled.

"Mr Park? Do you need something?" She asks, heading up to her door and adjusts Jihun in her arms.

"I'm sorry," He hushes out, raking a hand through his messy hair, "I'm really sorry for acting like that. Namjoon hyung kept telling me that I was messing up a big time, but I didn't listen. He said you didn't need me, it was me who needed you. He was right, Jiah. He was always right. I do need you at work, outside of work, everywhere, all the time... I need you,"

Jiah gives him a displeased look, shaking her head as she heaves out a breath and turns to open the door of her apartment. Jimin stays put in his shoes, eyes following her figure as she goes inside, then returns without her son. She has a bottle of water in her hand which she offers to him and tilts her head, watching him hesitating, "You reek of alcohol, Mr Park,"

He looks down, nibbling on his lip and nods slowly, "I'm sorry," He mumbles.

"I can see," She crosses her arms, letting her eyes roam up and down his body, "I can see and even smell how sorry you are, Mr Park. Honestly, you didn't have to show up. Did you think I was waiting for you come and apologize to me? I have a lot of work other than that, and you should've focused on your work as well. Teach your new secretary to obey you, follow your orders, tell her to be ready to get fired the day you find out that she isn't going to love you,"

Jimin looks at her face, taking a subtle step closer to her, "You think I fired you because of that?" His voice his hushes and Jiah pulls away, glaring at him, "Yes, I was mad, but never at you, Jiah. I was mad at myself, I was jealous because I couldn't be the one you chose. I felt like no matter how much I tried I'd never be your priority... I know what I did was very stupid, and I cannot justify that. But seriously, I love you and I just need you to know that,"

"You love me?" Jiah chuckles dryly, about to curse but holds herself back and takes a deep breath, not wanting to shout in the hallway at night, "After eveything you did, Jimin. You want me to believe that you love me? You made me feel like I was- I was, I don't know, cheating on you? Taehyung is my son's father and nobody in the world can change that. He will see me and his son because he can. He loves us, and that's never gonna change, Jimin. And about Jungkook, if I was ever interested in him I wouldn't have gone out with you that day. I'm sorry you thought that low of me,"

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I swear I won't do anything like that again," He promises, eyes holding a thin layer of tears when he's staring at her hopefully, "Please, Jiah. This whole week you weren't there in front of my eyes, and I swear on my life I felt like something kept me from breathing. It was so hard without you. I like having your accompany, I like your jokes and I like it when you're telling me your little stories about Jihun, about your college or just anything... I miss you, Jiah... I'll do whatever you say, just please give me one last chance..."

"You're drunk," Jiah shakes her head, "Go home,"

"No, I'm fine. Sober enough to know that I mean what I'm saying," He hushes out, holding her hand gently in his and brings it up to place a soft kiss on her knuckles, "I'll wait for you as long as you say... You've taught me a lot of things. I'll wait for my whole life if you say, Jiah. Just one word,"

"Leave," Jiah looks away, pulling her hand back and Jimin sighs softly, lowering his head. He steps back, stumbling a little and Jiah curses under her breath. She massages her temples, finding her voice and mutters, "No, wait. You can't drive in this state,"

"I'll manage," Jimin says.

"I don't want you to die on your way back, Mr Park," She hisses, grabbing his hand and helps hims inside her apartment, "Don't feel any special. I'm helping you because I'm not selfish,"

"You don't hav-"

"Oh please, just listen to me and stop making me mad,"

Jimin shuts his mouth, nodding quietly as she makes him sit on the couch and opens the lid of the water bottle, giving it him. Jimin takes a large sip, so large that it spills on his shirt. However when he doesn't stop and keeps drinking the water messily like that, Jiah gives him a glare, taking the bottle away and pours the water in a cup. "You're giving me a headache, Park Jimin," She mutters, grabbing some napkins and paper towels wipe off the water that he spilled on the floor, "Just pray I don't kill you while your little nightstay,"

"Sorry," Jimin mumbles, "Can I get a towel?" He asks, pinching the fabric of his shirt away from sticking on his skin.

Jiah nods, leaving for not more than a minute to get him a towel, but that single minute gives her a heart attack as she finds Jimin unbuttoning his shirt. "God, why?!" She groans to herself, sitting beside him and shoves the towel against his exposed chest, "Please don't undress yourself, Mr Park. I can't bear the accusations of molestation tomorrow morning,"

Jimin chuckles at that, but takes off his shirt anyway, and removes the towel, picking up the bottle again to drink some water. His eyes remain pinned at Jiah, who leaves him alone in the awkward situation, going to the kitchen to grab some pain killers for Jimin, as he would need them in the morning when he's dying from a headache.

When she returns, there's more water on Jimin, making her gasp, "What the fuck? What are you- Hey!" She grabs the bottle from him and he smiles nervously, giving her the towel, while himself leans back against the couch.

"Help me, Jiah," He hisses, "It's cold..."

"I gave you a towel for a reason. Wipe off the water, you won't be cold then," She mutters, ignoring Jimin's eyes on her. He sighs softly, holding her hand and guides it to his chest. "Jimin, don't-"

"I can't do it myself," He breathes out, "I'm drunk, aren't I?"

"You said you were sober,"

"Hm, yeah, I feel kinda drunk..." He grins, winking at her, "You keep looking at me like that, baby. I get drunk,"

"You're hopeless," She shakes her head, but decides to help him and starts wiping his chest. His breaths are calm and slow, making Jiah think that maybe he's falling asleep, but when she looks at his face, he's staring at her with the softest look one can have. Jiah averts her eyes, reminding herself of the things he did and the problems he caused.

"I love you, Jiah..." Jimin mumbles, "I need you, I'm sorry,"

________

a/n- happy festa!! 💜💜💜💜💜💜 it's been 10 years with BTS! dgskdhkdhd i feel emotional 😭😭😭😭😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 5K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
497K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
863K 19.6K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.8K 107 16
" h-hi..." The kid said " Why is y'all look like us!? " They ask " Well.... because we're your........childrens.? " The kid said " WHAT!?!" they ye...