ROGUE| DICK GRAYSON

By rxxner

[Book 1: The Bandit Series] "You're the worst human being on the face of the planet." "Aww, I think t... More

ROGUE
prologue
Act i
i. routine
ii. red arrow
iii. new alliances
iv. clayface
v. superboy, the genomorph
vi. martians
vii. red hoodie
viii. lola
ix. out of my head
x. clones
xi. real leader
xii. guide to quitting
xiii. a sandy mess
xiv. ghost boy
xv. the mighty zeus
xvi. a wayne ball
xvii. memory loss
xviii. football
xix. the bratva
xx. traitor
xxi. planet of the apes
xxii. joker
xxiii. sacrifice
xxiv. august
xxv. pre-paid therapy
xxvi. chocolate cake with sprinkles
xxvii. percy and levi
xxviii. tired of fear
xxix. fucking lapdogs
xxx. the three words
xxxi. required taste
xxxii. lost voice
xxxiii. daring dangers
xxxiv. boy of steel
xxxv. family secrets
xxxvi. same old roy
xxxvii. no goodbye
act ii.
xxxviii. earth
xxxix. abaddon
xl. the pit
xli. new trainer
xlii. best of friends
xliii. god of thunder
xliv. nightwing
xlv. losing valerie
xlvi. jason
xlvii. desperate times equals desperate measures
xlviii. don't be silly
xlix. nemesis
l. picking fights
li. rowan's destiny
lii. blake arrow harper
liii. dead girl walking
liv. o'captain
lv. poseidon's right-hand man
lvi. nysa
lvii. the perfect life
lviii. the recruiter for death
lix. one last night
lx. no mourners
lxii. after the world has fallen
epilogue
Author's note + new books!

lxi. my captain

1.2K 62 20
By rxxner

Every member of The League stood on the main street of the newly abandoned Gotham. Today was the day.

As Rowan looked around, she couldn't find one monster from The Pit that they talked to. She realized they were cowards, already submitting to their real-life nightmares.

The sun was supposed to rise in about thirty minutes, letting everyone know how much time they had left to get ready. Everybody could feel the nerves dancing in everyone's stomachs. It was like bees attacking their insides.

"We got this," Dick reassured as he slipped his hand into hers.

She squeezed his hand with a small smile, "We always do, Boy Blunder." He mocked a laugh as he tried to hide a smile at her words.

The rest of the original Young Justice League stood by them. Kaldur placed a hand on her shoulder, "We no longer have to be afraid."

Rowan gave him a grin before letting go of Dick's hand and walking forward in front of everybody. She grabbed a random crate and stood on top of it, making herself seem larger.

"Hey! Everyone's attention on me, now!" Everyone's eyes went straight to her as the conversation died out. Rowan cleared her throat, "I know some of you don't know me and have no idea what you're even doing here. But, I'm not here to reassure you or anything because whatever happens out on the battlefield, is up to you." She made eye contact with the guy she came to love, "I know these gods and I know what they're capable of. But, that doesn't mean to fear them, it just means we can't overestimate or underestimate them. Don't second-guess yourself because the moment you do, you're probably gonna be met with a bolt of lightning." A couple of laughs fell in the crowd, "All I need from you guys is to know who the enemies are. There might be some monsters on their side and some on ours, same goes for gods."

Her face turned back to serious, "I believe we can do this. So what if they're like a billion years old? Most of them will underestimate us, causing them to lose. We will win this. Am I right?" Cheers sounded from the crowd, "Am I right?" All the fighters yelled louder, "Then, let's win this!"

Rowan hopped down from the crate, only to find herself in Dick's arms, "What is this for?"

"Nothin'." Dick said with a smile, leaning down to kiss her. Rowan smiled into his lips, finding happiness even on the brink of war.

"Eww," Thor gave her a disgusted look, "You guys are so gross.

Rowan laughed slightly, "I'll stop for right now." She hugged the boy tightly and once she pulled away, saluted to him, "O'captain."

Thor returned the gesture, "My captain."

Suddenly, thundering noises were heard, and everyone looked forward to spotting hundreds of warriors, at least all seven feet tall. At the very front of the line was Zeus with an intimidating smile. He knew they were outnumbered by hundreds, but Rowan wouldn't let it affect her.

His voice boomed across the abandoned city, "All this for a mortal girl, like yourself?"

"All this because you can't seem to take the hint?" He mockingly laughed at her.

"Then, let's begin," Right as they were about to start fighting, the ground began to shake. They looked around to find hundreds of monsters coming out of the buildings and alleyways. Gods showed up out of nowhere to fight alongside them.

A bright smile made it's way along her face as she made eye contact with Ares who stood behind her like a second-in-command.

Rowan turned back to Zeus with a smirk. He had a look of anger and surprise written across his face, causing her grin to widen. The girl shrugged to the god, "You wanted to begin, so let's begin."

With that, Rowan rushed to the god of thunder with a new type of confidence. Just as she was about to reach him, a bolt of lightening struck the ground in front of her.

Her eyes met Zeus's blue. She tilted her head slightly, catching her breath, "Hiding behind your powers like a child, Zeus?"

The god merely chuckled, "You're the child in this situation, Abaddon. Having gods fight the war for you like a coward?"

Rowan could tell he was struck with sadness when he saw his own brother fighting against him. But, that wasn't her choice, it was Ares'.

"Does it upset you that your own brother doesn't want to fight be your side?"

Zeus clenched his jaw and shook his head, mocking a smile on his face, "Does it upset you that you're going to lose your home?"

Rowan shrugged, "Nah. I'm not going to lose it."

The god of thunder laughed loudly, even bending over with how hard he was laughing, "I'm sorry, mortal. But, you can't possibly think—" He was cut off by Rowan pointing the Obsidian Sword at his throat. His face fell with fear, letting a pang of confidence hit her, "You won't."

"I'm bored of this conversation, so let's begin."

It felt like hours as they hit back and forth. Burn marks were along her skin as the result of lightning bolts meeting their mark.

But, somehow, she found herself being pinned under the god of thunder. His hands holding tightly on her head, getting ready to electrocute her.

To her right was the sword that was supposed to kill all gods. But, her fingers could barely reach it, causing her to have to stretch for it without him knowing.

Rowan could hear shouts and growls from the others fighting for their lives. Rocket flew over her, fighting with a harpy.

Zeus smirked down at her with an evil glint to it, "You always knew this would happen, but you still had hope. Why?"

She knew this was a rhetorical question, but she still answered, "Because you gave me hope." He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, egging her to continue, "Pandora's Box." A look of recognition, "You gave us sickness, death, and any other horrible thing you could do. But, to make sure we never gave up, you handed us the worst thing you could."

Zeus whispered the answer back to her, "Hope."

Rowan nodded with a clenched jaw, "You destroyed your only creation, Zeus. Just because you couldn't handle how we wouldn't kiss the feet you walked on; just because we wouldn't worship you, you ruined us. You ask why we still have wars and fight, but it's because of you. We are parts of you that you refuse to see—"

"No!" Zeus loosened his grip on Rowan's head, "I never created you, Prometheus did—"

"Who asked them to?" He went silent as Rowan glared into him, "Who asked them to, Zeus!"

The god of thunder just shook his head, like he needed to collect himself, "You're just a mortal, you have no idea what you're talking about."

"No, I'm Abaddon," She shook her head with a certain gleam in her eye, "I'm not just a mortal, I have a story written in the stars—"

Zeus grunted, "Yes, we've heard. You're to bring chaos and destruction to worlds."

"Including yours," So, without hesitation, Rowan finally grasped the sword and in one quick movement, plunged it into the gods heart.

She watched as his eyes widened in surprise. The woman pushed him off her as he landed on his knees, slowly grasping the sword.

Zeus gasped out as blood poured from his lips, "Y-you stabbed—"

"Yes, I did." She kicks him in the shoulder, causing him to fall on his back. Rowan leaned down to look him in the eyes as he finally came out of shock, "Everything happened because of you, Zeus. And, I'm sorry I didn't kill you at the dining table when I first met you."

He began to choke on his own blood and that's when Rowan realized that Ares stood behind her with a proud look on his face.

The god of war walked closer to his brother who was slowly dying, "Goodbye, brother." With that said, Ares gripped the sword that was in his brothers chest and twisted it, "That's for Iris." He looked into his brothers eyes for a few moments until he stopped breathing and grew limp. He lifted his head to meet Rowan's, "You did good here today, Rowan."

A smile grew on her face, "Thank you, Ares." Rowan gave him one more look before she turned to the battle that was still going on. The woman turned back to Ares and gestured to the fighting, "You wanna do the honours?"

"Gladly." The god looked back to the war and yelled out, "Stop!" Every movement paused, "We are finished here. Every monster and god who's not supposed to be on this planet, leave now at once."

A voice spoke out from the crowd, "You're just going to throw us back into the pit."

Ares shook his head, "Maybe. I'll make sure I speak to every one of you and see where your loyalties lie. If it's not where I like, you'll be found there, yes."

All the monsters and gods paused for a moment before nodding, causing one person in the crowd to snap their fingers, everyone disappearing.

They did it. They fucking did it.

"Rowan?"

Her head snapped to her right to find Thor. Her smile fell from her face as she noticed the blood pouring out from his shirt.

She caught him as he fell to the ground, tears quickly building in her eyes, "Thor? No, no, no, no," she kept repeating.

He looked tired. Too tired. His skin was pale and he looked like he was barely holding on.

His voice was croaky as he spoke, "We won, Row," Thor told her with a painful smile on his face, "We're free."

Rowan gave a teary laugh as he spoke, "We're free, Thor. So, just keep your eyes open for me, okay? Please, for me?" She looked around to everyone, finding looks of pity on their faces.

Rowan needed to scream. Why? They were free and going to be happy. Why? Why? Why? Why?

"Row?" Her eyes met the blue once again, "Why are you crying?"

The woman shook her head, avoiding the question, "You're going to be fine, okay? Fine. You're going to be free with me and-and we can have all sorts of fun, okay?" She could see his eyes getting heavier and heavier and heavier, "Just keep looking at me, okay? Please, Thor."

But, his eyes were shut. No breathing, no grunts. Nothing.

"Thor?" Rowan shook the boy, "Thor? Wake up, please." But, he wouldn't. He wouldn't listen to her. His eyes stayed shut and his heart stayed silent, "No, no, no, no, no. Thor! Wake up! Wake up!" Sobs tumbled out of her lips before she could stop them. She could feel someone's arms wrapped around her. Somebody was trying to take away her Thor. "Please, don't take him away. Please! I need him, he's just sleeping."

He wasn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 1.4K 43
'Just how far can one walk the path that has been set for them by others?' [Young justice]
226K 3.7K 69
˗ˏˋand they said you couldn't escape ˎˊ˗ ↳thank you for reading! ↳request are close at the moment ↳finished as of 12/11/2020 ↬ DISCLAIMER ↫ ∼ I DO...
366 3 18
Book two in my Spoiler series Book 1 is called Spoiler Warning!!
1K 11 6
First time doing oneshots so if it's bad or anything lemme know. Will contain: Wholesomeness(very low chance) Angst Self-harm Characters: Bruce Alfr...