The Little Girl goes to Camp...

De Dolphinheart99

Jurassic World's brand-new adventure camp called Camp Cretaceous has finally arrived. A fun place to do amazi... Mai multe

Characters Info
Camp Cretaceous
Meeting the Campers
Secrets
Scavenger Hunt Gone Wrong
Activities and Suspicion
Secrets and Truths
The Truth Revealed
Where Evil Lurks
A Picnic with the Hybrids
A Trip Gone Wrong
Mystery Island I
Mystery Island II
Terror of the Night
Captured
The Calvary has Arrived
Chaos on the Island
Once Fallen Shall Rise Again
Good Shall Rise but Evil Still Lurks

The Cattle Drive

834 17 6
De Dolphinheart99

Kendall was sitting outside of the camp's fire pit. They circled around the fire as she and the others listened to Darius's scary campfire story about a Tyrannosaurus Rex. However, his story isn't all scary to Kendall, she heard many scary stories about the T. Rex from other park employees, mostly from Owen. Ben would've been easily scared, but with Bumpy by his side, his fear subsided as he relaxed thanks to young Ankylosaurus. Yaz joined in, not because she wanted to, but because Kendall was there, and she has a scary story that interested Yaz. However, Darius wanted to go first to tell his story. So, they have to wait till he finishes.

However, as they waited, Val and Celestia had fallen fast asleep on Kendall's lap, clearly tired from a long day of playing. Hudson was also asleep, lying his head on Yaz's lap. He too was tired from playing. Stiggy, Redford, and Jester were resting close by, listening to Darius's story.

But unfortunately, he always gets interrupted by Brooklynn on numerous occasions like she needs to make some storage on her phone or telling him to start over. Kendall and Yaz shook their heads at Brooklynn, both agreeing that one of these days that she will lose her phone.

"Can this day get any worse?" Yaz asked in annoyance.

All of a sudden, a loud thunder crashes, scaring the campers, minus Kendall. That loud thunder woke the kids up in a startle along with Stiggy, Redford, and Jester. And in the process, it started raining hard, and the remaining campers and their animal companions fled for cover, losing interest in Darius' story and much to Darius' dismay. They quickly got inside to dry themselves while Kendall decided to make some hot cocoa, much to everyone's appreciation. But she did make warm milk for Ben since he doesn't like chocolate that much, much to the joy of the teen. Kendall and Yaz sat on the couch while Val, Celestia, and Hudson looked at the window, watching the rain pour down.

"This storm came out of nowhere." Yaz said, drinking her hot cocoa.

"Well, this island does get some tropical storms from time to time, but it will soon pass." Kendall answered causally.

"Oh, so...what's our schedule for tomorrow?" Yaz asked Kendall, drinking her cup of hot cocoa.

"From what I heard from Roxie and Dave; we're going to the gyrospheres." Kendall answered, taking a sip from her cocoa.

"Hmm, sounds fun." Yaz complimented.

"Yeah, though I'm curious how fast you can be on the gyrosphere since you're always fast on your feet."

Yaz gave Kendall a playful look, "Is that a challenge?"

"Well, considering you're fast in the track field, let's see if your fast in a gyrosphere, Fadoula." Kendall gave her a challenging yet playful look.

Yaz grins at Kendall, accepting her challenge, "Oh, it's on, Sembène."

Both girls laughed at their playful competitiveness. They both share a passion for training and sportsmanship. It felt like a kinship between the two, almost like sisters. But their laughter ceases to a halt when Sammy comes out of nowhere, frightening Yaz as she lets out a yelp while Kendall looks at Sammy in surprise.

"Whatcha girls laughing about?" Sammy asked them curiously.

Both Kendall and Yaz looked at Sammy then to each other and then back to Sammy, "It's nothing, Sammy, we're just being competitive."

"Ooo! Wow! You girls must be close friends!" Sammy said happily.

"...Yeeaaahhh...we are." Yaz answered truthfully yet awkwardly, uncomfortable with Sammy's presence.

"Is...there something you need?" Kendall asked Sammy.

Sammy then playfully scoffs a bit as she gently slaps her forehead, "Sorry, I'm such a ding-dong!"

"I'm sorry...what?" Kendall asked in confusion.

"Well, you gals are alone. And when I feel alone, having a friend around sure is nice. I could use a friend, and you two probably could too. So, I thought, "Yasmina and Kendall need someone to make the first friendship move," so, here I am!"

Both athletes stared at Sammy in confusion, unsure what to react to her...enthusiasm.

"...You confuse me." Kendall said as she was totally lost at Sammy's words.

"Yeah, we lost you around ding-dong." Yaz said, setting her cup down on the table.

Suddenly, Sammy gasps as she notices a black book that Yaz was keeping close, "Is that a scrapbook?!" Kendall saw the black book at Yaz's hand, guessing that she must've been carrying it while she was making drinks, "I love scrapbooking! We can make one together. Pull you and Kenny out of both your shells."

"I'm pretty happy in my shell with Kendall." Yaz said to Sammy, accepting Kendall as her friend along with Val, Celestia, Hudson, and maybe Ben.

Sammy laughs a bit, "Sure, but you can make more friends! I mean, no one likes the shell. It stops people from getting to know you."

"Bingo!" Yaz answered, preferring to be in her shell, "I prefer that, thank you very much."

"Don't be like that! Kendall was able to do it." Sammy said, gesturing to Kendall.

Kendall stares at her in confusion, feeling uncomfortable by Sammy but also suspicious, like she knew that Sammy's hiding something. "I would...unless you, what you people say...'dial it down' a bit...is that how you say it?" Kendall questions Yaz, who nodded her head, which satisfies her, "And if we really want to get out of our shell, we will be the ones deciding it."

"That's right, now if you will excuse me, I have to get ready for tomorrow." Yaz said before looking at Kendall, "See you later, Ken."

Kendall did a simple wave, "Will do, Yaz."

As Yaz walks away, Sammy, still trying to be Yaz's friend, calls out to her kindly, "I know you're just shy!"

"Can't hear you in my shell!" Yaz called back, preferring to be with someone in her circle.

Sammy then looks over to Kendall, who raises a brow at her, "She's just shy."

"...Rrriiiggghhhhttt..." Kendall said, still eyeing at her suspiciously. "Anyways, we should all get some rest, we have a big day tomorrow."

"Ooooh! Can't wait! It's gonna be so much fun!" Sammy said excitingly.

"...We'll see." Kendall said, suspicious about Sammy.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

On the following day, the campers and their animal companions are taken to the Gyrosphere Valley by counselors. There were dark clouds in the sky, indicating the storm will continue on soon, and Kendall knew it. She knows that they have to leave soon before the storm hits. However, everyone was preoccupied as they were excited to be at the Gyrosphere Valley, especially Darius. The dino-lover heard about the gyrospheres and it was his dream to drive one when he arrived.

"We get to drive gyrospheres? Cool!" Darius exclaims happily as he touches the gyrosphere happily.

Dave, holding a clipboard, announces the exclusive camp cretaceous experience. "Saddle up, dudes and dudettes! We're going on a cattle drive, but with dinosaurs! It's a dino drive!" He exclaims, making the newcomers, minus Ben, excited.

Speaking of Ben, the nervous camper raised his hand and asked fearfully, "And just to be clear, all these dinosaurs are herbivores, right?"

"Well, they only chewed on the last kid a little, so we're, like, 99 percent sure they're cool." Roxie said to Ben, earning a whimper from him.

Not wanting Ben to be scared, Kendall placed a hand on his shoulder, "Don't worry, Ben, they won't bother you if you don't bother them. And besides, the last kid didn't get chewed by one, he did it on purpose because he betted that he could."

"Wait, what?" Yaz asked, coming over to her. "What do you mean?"

"The kid that Roxie mentioned was my friend, Damien, he betted to Gem, Val and Celestia's cousin, that he can survive on being chewed by a Brachiosaurus and live, she had to pay him twenty bucks." Kendall explains to Ben and Yaz, earning disgusted yet dumbfounded looks from them.

"And did he..." Ben's questions trailed off when Kendall waved at him.

"He lived and got his money, but he ended up getting grounded for a month." Kendall finished, earning loud 'Ugh' from the two campers.

"Man, I can't believe he did that for twenty bucks." Yaz said to Kendall.

"You have no idea what else he did when it comes to money." Kendall said to Yaz.

"...Do I even want to know what else he did?" Yaz dared to ask.

"Hmm...probably not. Otherwise, you'll be traumatized for a while." Kendall said, making Yaz hold her laughter.

"Now, park personnel are moving a group of dinosaurs to fresh grazing lands across the island, and we get to ride along behind the herd." Roxie gestures to the herd of herbivore dinosaurs, which excites Darius very much.

"Are you kidding me?!" Darius yelled out happily, holding his head with both his hands, as the smile on his face widened. "Dinosaur migration patterns are my jam!"

"Kenji rolled his eyes and placed a hand on Darius's shoulder, finding his jam uncool. "You may wanna consider a new jam, bro." He said, making Darius annoyed. Then Kenji went over to the counselors as he placed both his arms around them before he asked this, "So, uh, you sure these things are waterproof? Looking pretty grim out here and hair this awesome does not come easy." Kenji points at his hair, proving his point.

Kendall rolled her eyes at him, finding him a narcissist. The counselors were also annoyed by his attitude as Dave lifted a paper up from his clipboard and responded to Kenji sarcastically, "Your hair is gonna be fine, Kenji. Storm has already moved up the coast away from us."

Kendall gave Dave a confused look as he walked away from Kenji, "I don't think so...tropical storm tends to come back."

"Don't worry, Kendall! It won't come back." Dave assures her.

"For some reason, that is not very assuring for me." Kendall said with a sigh. "But what is worth, we should be careful, storms around here can be very dangerous."

"Got it." Yaz said, listening to Kendall while Ben nods in agreement.

During their stay in the camp, Yaz, Ben, and Hudson learned to listen to Kendall, for she knows more about this jungle like the back of her hands. Heck, they will even listen to Val and Celestia since the dinos love them, and because like Kendall they know more about this place than anyone.

"Cool! Time to show these fools what a gyrosphere master can do." Kenji brags, ready to show his skill.

"Hate to break it to you, Kenji, but you're not driving." Roxie said to him seriously.

Kenji looks at her in shock and disbelief, "What? Why?!"

"Because Marco and the rest of the security staff all agreed that you broke enough gyrospheres whenever you visit." Roxie stated to him seriously.

"What!? Name one time I broke a gyrosphere?" Kenji challenged Roxie.

Knowing that this could happened, Roxie took out a list that Marco gave to her if Kenji questions that, "Let's see, during your spring break, you damage three gyrospheres in a day, one you drove to a lake, the other to a tree, and the third at a maintenance shed. When you came here on your summer break, you broke five gyrospheres in a day after you reverse one to crashed into the other unused gyrospheres, and let's not forget the incident when you-"

"Okay! Okay! Okay! I get it!" Kenji exclaims in annoyance; he can't believe that they have a list of that. He guesses that it was Marco's doing. That guy has it into him, as if this Marco guy is some kind of warden or some special agent of something!

Satisfied by this, Roxie looks at the rest of the campers. "Now, for your safety, you'll be partnered up into two. I already listed out your partners for this day's activity."

Hearing this, everyone, minus Brooklynn, who was busy with her phone, became excited. Yaz prefers Kendall since she knows more about this than anyone. Ben also wanted to be partnered with Kendall since she can protect him and drive the gyrosphere safely, but if he gets Hudson, Val, or Celestia, he's okay with them. Sure enough, Yaz and Ben crossed their fingers, hoping one of them gets Kendall.

Dave looks at his clipboard and announces to the group, "Okay...Darius, you'll be partnered with Brooklynn, Val will be with her sister, Celestia. Yazmina..."

"Please let it be Kendall. Please let it be Kendall!" Yaz prayed silently.

"...You're partnered with Sammy!" Dave announced.

"WHAT?!" Yaz exclaims in shock and annoyance. She was not too pleased by this at all.

Sammy, on the other hand, was ecstatic by this as she couldn't help but clap her hands. "Oooh! Now we're in a shell together. A shell for two." Sammy said to Yaz with enthusiasm.

Yaz, however, was not so enthusiastic as she was partnered with Sammy. "Hooray..." Yaz mutters out sarcastically.

"Kenji, you'll be riding with Ben, as a passenger." Roxie was the one said, making Kenji shocked.

"Seriously? But he's so, uh..." Kenji can't find the right words to say about Ben.

"Live it up, tough guy." Roxie said to Kenji.

"Um, can I switch with some else?" Ben begged the counselors, wanting to be the ones that knows about the park rather than Kenji. "Maybe with Kendall or Hudson?"

"Sorry to inform you, but there's no switching." Dave said to Ben, disappointing the young male in the process, "And to finish this off, Kendall, you'll be with Hudson."

"Yeah! Whoo!" Hudson cheered happily.

"Awww!" Both Yaz and Ben whined, disappointed that they didn't get Kendall as their partner.

"Hey, chin up, campers! You all are having fun when we reach the field. So, go with your partners, get on the gyrospheres, and remember. Seat belts at all times." Dave said to the campers with enthusiasm. Yaz and Ben disappointingly go with their partners. Darius, on the other hand, isn't sure if he should go with Brooklynn as he wanted to go on a gyrosphere on his own, "Well, what are you waiting for, bud?" Dave suddenly asked, noticing Darius wasn't with his partner.

"Right. Um...is there a gyrosphere I could drive solo or..."

Dave shook his head and placed an assuring hand on the camper's shoulder, "Darius, you need to ride with your fellow campers. Bond, live the camp life, share your story, man."

Hearing this, Darius wasn't all too sure about it, "Yeah, I tried last night, but, um..." He trailed off as he spotted Brooklynn in the gyrosphere, still busy looking at her phone, before turning back to Dave, "Not everyone was on board."

"Buddy, you can't give up." Dave said, giving Darius an encouraging and playful punch, "You need to get out there and you show those other kids what you got."

Just then, Roxie came over, deciding to help out as well, "Be yourself, Darius." Roxie assures as she places both her hands on his shoulders, "Teenagers can be very accepting if you just give them half a chance." She encourages Darius by nudging him to his fellow partner.

As they watched Darius leave, Dave looked at Roxie and asked, "Do they not have teenagers in England?"

Roxie gave him an amused look before they headed to the truck. Darius walks towards his gyrosphere and spotted Kendall helping Hudson on board, who was cheering in excitement. He couldn't see Val or Celestia, but he notices Ben has yet to get on his, since there is no space for Bumpy. "Is there a bigger gyrosphere?" Ben asked the camp counselors, hoping he could bring Bumpy with him.

"Sorry, Ben, we can only use the double seated gyrospheres. But Bumpy can stay with Stiggy." Roxie assured Ben.

"Hey, where's Val and C?" Yaz asked, noticing the two girls are missing.

"Getting their ride." Kendall said to Yaz, which confuses her.

"We're here!" Both Val and Celestia exclaimed.

Everyone looked in their direction and were shocked to see the two little girls were both riding a lone Sinoceratops. Stiggy and Redford followed them, letting out barks or roars of playfulness. The newcomers had their mouths dropped in total shock and amazement. Darius wished that he could've been with Val or Celestia, so that he could ride a dinosaur too! But he couldn't. Instead, he is partnered with Brooklynn, who he has to learn to be friends with.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! How come they get to ride...that!?" Kenji points at the Sinoceratops.

"They're too young to drive, and with both Ms. Dearing and Mr. Masrani's permission, they are allowed to ride any dinosaurs during their stay." Roxie said to Kenji, "Now, off you pop, we have to get a move on if we want to join in the herding."

Then Kendall came over to Ben, "Hey, Ben, since you need help with your gyrosphere, I suggest that Jester can help you. I mean, he's a natural when it comes to the gyrosphere."

"Really?" Ben asked hopefully.

"Really. Isn't that right, Jester? Will you help Ben drive?" Kendall asked the capuchin monkey.

Jester the capuchin monkey saluted and jumped over to Ben's shoulder, startling the male, but he soon relaxed as Jester gave a sign of approval. Ben smiles and gives Kendall a grateful look, "Thanks, Kendall."

Kendall gave a simple nod, "You're very welcome, now get on your gyrosphere, we have to keep on schedule."

Ben nodded before looking at Bumpy, "Okay, Bumpy, stay close to Val and C, okay? They'll be riding on that dino and won't get lost." He instructed his dinosaur, who roared gently, before heading towards Val and Celestia, who were riding the Sinoceratops, and greeted the big dino, who greeted back.

Darius watched in awe on who Bumpy and the Sinoceratops interact. He wanted to watch them for hours, but he had to go in the gyrosphere with Brooklynn, in order to catch up with the others. And that was something that Darius worried about. So, taking a deep breath and letting it out, Darius made his way to the gyrosphere, trying to be himself while acting all cool.

"Hey, Brooklynn. Are you as stoked as I am for our gyrosphere adventure?" Darius asked in an awkward yet excited tone along with a smile that was awkward.

But of course, Brooklynn was still focused on her phone, "Sure, whatevs." She mutters out, making Darius frown at her while the door closes with a hiss.

As the rest of the campers got on their gyrospheres while getting the communicator earpieces from their counselors, both Roxie and Dave were in the truck, keeping an eye on the campers as they went, while Roxie gave instructions to the campers through the communicator.

"All right, campers. The headsets are for emergencies. You can always reach us on channel six." Roxie said to the campers.

"Let the herding begin!" Dave announced loudly.

Soon, the campers zoomed past them, whooping and cheering. Ben was able to avoid crashing, thanks to Jester. Turns out, the monkey knows how to drive better than him. Soon, the campers watched as some park personnel were riding on quad motorbikes, making sure some dinos to stray from the herd. Val and Celestia helped out as well, calling out to other herbivores, telling them to go back to the herd, which they obeyed. Hudson, meanwhile, was having a blast. As it turns out, Kendall was a professional when it comes to herding, Kendall is professional.

Even though they were having fun, the rest...not so much. Darius was excited to see dinosaurs up close, watching awe through the window of the gyrosphere while his partner, Brooklynn, was too busy focusing on her phone. Yaz was experiencing a great sense of annoyance with her partner, Sammy, who wouldn't stop talking. Unlike Kendall, Sammy doesn't understand personal space and privacy. Kendall was more patient and isn't too nosy about her personal life. And personally, she wished that Kendall was her partner instead of Sammy.

"What's your favorite color? Favorite food? Favorite color of food?" Sammy asked questions to the runner, who was very unamused and annoyed at her.

"Orange, orange, and orange." Yaz answered blankly as she drove the gyrosphere.

Sammy laughs happily, "Jokes. I love jokes. Ooh, what do you and your friends do for fun?" Sammy asked, still not stopping with her questions.

Yaz mentally sighs, wanting her to stop, but she answers, in a very annoyed tone. "I train...alone...quietly." Truth be told, since she got here, Kendall was her only friend since she and her trained together, giving each other tips when on the run. But she's not telling Sammy that.

"Really? Dang! I'm used to people all around 24-7. My sisters, Daddy, Mama, Abuela, the cattle." Sammy listened, making Yaz even more annoyed when Sammy chuckled, "My mom says I have a knack for dealing with critters, and that in-Whoa!" Sammy was cut off when Yaz made the gyrosphere bumped into something, causing Sammy to hit her head, ceasing her talking, making Yaz smirk in amusement and satisfaction.

As Yaz drove the gyrosphere close to Kendall and Hudson's, she passed Darius and Brooklynn's gyrosphere. The dinosaur enthusiast was admiring the dinosaurs in front of them. "How awesome is this? We're, like, so close! Brooklynn?" Darius looks over to Brooklynn, who was reading out the negative comments from her so-called fans in disappointment.

"Used to be cool? You made Jurassic World boring? Lame...Lame...No one likes you anymore...When can we see more of Kendall and the two cute little girls? Why can't you be cool as Kendall? You should let Kendall take over." Brooklynn was annoyed as her Brooklanders, they're ditching her over to Kendall because they all believe that Kendall was cooler than her and is a professional in Jurassic World, which she is.

Darius noticed her expression and tried to lighten up the mood, "Uh, hey, can you believe that an ankylosaurus' tail is strong enough to shatter bone?" He explains to Brooklynn awkwardly.

"Can you believe I don't care?" Brooklynn said to Darius rudely, shocking the male in the process, forcing himself to end the conversation.

There was an awkward silence on the drive and Brooklynn realizes how mean she was to Darius and lets out a sigh, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Brooklynn apologizes, causing Darius to look and listen to her. "I-I'm just...having one of those days...there's a lot of pressure when your whole life is about being popular, and I'm not like you. I can't just tell a lame story and move on."

Darius looks down as he mutters out, "It wasn't that lame."

Sadly, Brooklynn heard it, "Trust me, it was. It totally was, but you're not even fazed. I just need people to...to like me...you wouldn't understand." Brooklynn mutters out, earning a look of sympathy from Darius.

Meanwhile, Kendall was communicating with Ben and Yaz through the communicator, instructing them what to do when they heard. Ben had a lot of help thanks to Jester. The capuchin monkey enjoys assisting Ben, while slapping Kenji's hand when he attempted to take over.

"All right, now, Ben, try to lead that Ankylosaurus back to the herd." Kendall said through the communicator, seeing an Ankylosaurus was wandering off.

:Um...O-Okay...: She heard him stutter.

"Relax and let Jester be your guide." Kendall instructed, hearing the monkey let out a happy call.

The capuchin monkey helped Ben with the control, allowing the gyrosphere to lead the Ankylosaurus back to its herd. Ben was relieved that he was able to do it, thanks to Jester. He could hear Val and Celestia cheering from the communicator.

:Good job, Ben!: Kendall congratulated the communicator.

:Nice one.: Yaz also congratulated Ben.

"Thanks, but Jester deserved all the credit." Ben said, smiling at the monkey, who puffs his chest proudly.

Kenji scoffs a bit, "Oh, please, if it were me that's taking control, I'll get this herd back to their pens in no time." He boasted to the group.

:Or better yet, get them mad and start a stampede, and you get into the crossfire like a giant pinball.: Kendall said, earning laughs of agreement from the others, making Kenji frowned.

Just then, there was a flash of lightning, followed by a loud thunder, scaring them, minus Kendall, in the process. Kendall looks up from her gyrosphere and glares at the dark clouds forming. Her predictions were right, the storm has returned, and it is stronger than ever.

"The storm is coming back." Kendall informs her fellow campers.

"But Dave said that the storm rolled up the coast." Hudson said to Kendall.

"I tried to warn him, the storms around here can be very unpredictable." Kendall said in a serious tone, "With so much loud thunder and lightning flashes, it would scare the herd and cause a stampede."

:We have to tell Roxie!:  Val said through the communicator.

Luckily, there was no need for that, since Roxie blocked their way by using the truck, causing everyone to stop and their doors to open simultaneously. Dave got out of the truck and announced to the campers.

"Hey, gang, new plan. Storm's getting worse, so we're all going back to camp. Fun, right?"

"Aw, man!" Sammy whined as she and the others got off their gyrospheres.

"Are you serious?" Darius whines in disappointment.

"Don't blame me. Blame the storm." Dave said, pointing at the storm clouds.

"I blame them both." Roxie said to Dave, "And Kendall was right, the storm is getting stronger than ever."

"Told you." Kendall said, a hand on her hip as the Sinoceratops that Val and Celestia were riding came over to her side. Bumpy runs over to Ben, who hugs her gently, comforting her as the storm comes.

Darius, who does not want the fun to be over, tried to convince the counselors to let them stay, "We're not gonna let a little rain stop us, are we?"

"Little rain? You've got to be joking, right?" Kendall said to him with a dumbfounded look, causing Darius to look at her, "Darius, I know you love dinosaurs, but this is a storm, it'll cause more damage than you can expect."

"But when else will we get the chance to ride alongside a herd of dinosaurs?" Darius said to Kendall.

"How about tomorrow, when the storm clears? We can't risk anyone getting lost during a storm." Kendall said to Darius.

"She's right, we can't risk it." Dave said to Darius, agreeing with Kendall.

"But, Dave, I'm sure under you and Roxie's capable leadership, we'll-" Darius was cut off by Kendall.

"Would you rather blindly drive through a heavy storm and get trampled by a stampeding herd of giant herbivore dinosaurs?" Kendall questions him, giving him an ultimatum.

Before Darius could even answer, Yaz, Ben, Hudson, Sammy, Jester, and Bumpy stood beside Kendall along with Val and Celestia, riding on the Sinoceratops. Stiggy and Redford join in as well, knowing pretty well how dangerous it can be when dinosaurs go on a stampede.

"You guys are seriously backing out of this?" Darius asked the fellow campers in shock.

"Sorry, Darius, as much as I want to see more dinosaurs, I am not getting trampled by one." Yaz said, not wanting to get lost in the storm and being trampled by dinos.

Sammy nods in agreement, "Same, and I've seen cattle spook before, and it's not pretty, I remember one time, when there was a storm, my cousin, Nicky, was trying to get the cattle in their pens, he almost got trampled by a stampede when they got spooked by thunder!"

"Did he..." Val trailed off, fearing about the question.

"Oh, he's fine! Doc said that he was lucky to be alive...and may or may not suffer any major injuries." Sammy said with hesitation.

"See, this is why we should listen to Kendall." Ben said, nodding his head, which made Darius disappointed.

"Right then, since everyone agrees, we head back to camp after I contact the others to pull off." Roxie said as she tried to use the radio, but only receiving static crackles, "Hello, hello! Roxie here. Can you hear me? Anyone?" There was no response, just static crackles, and indistinct chatter.

"What's wrong?" Val asked in concern.

"My guess is the storm is messing up with the radio's signal." Kendall said.

"But how are they going to contact the others?" Val asked.

That's when Dave, already made another plan, said, "Okay, this is the new, new plan. Since the storm's interfering with the radio, Rox and I will drive ahead and tell the others we're pulling out. We'll be right back. Stay together and stay behind the herd. And Kendall's in charge!"

"What?!" Kenji exclaims in disbelief. "Why is she in charge!?" Kenji gestures to Kendall, who calmly stood close by.

"One, she's smarter than you and she knows how to deal with dinosaurs better, and two, she can keep you guys alive." Dave pointed out.

"Works for me." Yaz said in agreement.

"No argument here." Sammy also agreed.

"I want to be alive, please." Ben said in agreement.

Darius was saddened by this, knowing that he won't get to see the dinosaurs up close. As Roxie and Dave drove away, the campers stayed put. Kenji was annoyed as Kendall was taken charge; he's been here longer than her! There's no way anyone is gonna listen to Kendall.

"So, Kendall? What are the chances the storm will hit?" Yaz asked Kendall.

She, Ben, Sammy, and Hudson were out of their gyrospheres staying close to Kendall as she stood next to the Sinoceratops that Val and Celestia were riding. Kenji stared in disbelief at the sight. They all chose Kedall over him?! Oh, come on! He's way cooler than Kendall. Sure, she knows all about this place, and knows how to survive in the jungle, but he knows all the cool places! Even if he tends to get lost from time to time.

"I say give it fifteen or thirty minutes; it will hit us soon if we don't leave." Kendall said to the group, "After all, like Sammy said about the cattle, they get spooked easily during a storm, and we'll end up as a human sandwich."

Her information scared the campers. They all agree to stay and listen to Kendall. Knowing that they will survive because of her. Ben hugs Bumpy for comfort, fearing of being separated by the stampede or worse, being trampled by Bumpy's bigger relatives or species.

"Wow, you sure know about dinos better than Darius or Kenji." Sammy said with awe. "How long have you been living here?"

Kendall looked at her, she was still suspicious about Sammy, like she was hiding something. But she also had to act so she'll not look suspicious as well, "I've lived here for three years when Barry took me in. I explored, learned, and survived Isla Nublar."

"Wow, you must have so much fun here." Sammy said happily.

"You can say that, but we tend to go to different countries since some of my friends are members of the D-Squad." Kendall explains to them.

Sammy gasped in shock. "No way! You're friends with the D-Squad?! They were so popular back then!"

"Yeah, but they stopped since they are now studying in college." Kendall answered them.

"What colleges did they go to?" Yaz asked curiously.

"Well, Alex and Sofia are both studying at UCLA. Mike is studying at MIT, and Jay's studies at Wageningen University & Research in Wageningen, Netherlands, hoping to become a paleo vet in Jurassic World one day." Kendall explains to the group about the members of the D-Squad's life. "Of course, Aggie is with her uncle, studying about marine biology and Quinn is at the Tech Camp with Damien, Jay's younger brother."

"Woah, you guys must have some adventure." Yaz complimented.

Kendall looks up and recalls the event she had with Val and tehri friends, and how it all came to be, "...You can say that, but I bet you guys share the same experience."

"Well, I traveled to different places for the races, and won." Yaz bragged, earning a chuckle from Kendall.

"Oh, in my town, we always have the annual Fall Festival, there's games, food, pony rides, and did I mention games." Sammy listed out with a smile.

"We get it, Sammy." Kendall said while Val and Celestia giggled. "We all have a fun time in our own way."

"Well...almost everyone." Ben mutters out, referring to himself.

"Cheer up, Ben, you'll get your chance." Val supported.

Hudson nodded, "Yeah! Like how we won the scavenger hunt, or when we went to the mosasaur's tank, or the hybrids or like when Brooklynn, Darius, and Kenji drove off to get that runaway Sinoceratops."

"Wait, what?" Kendall suddenly looks in the direction to see two gyrospheres chasing the Sinoceratops that run off the herd. They must've snuck away when the others were distracted while Kenji hijacked the gyrosphere when no one was looking, wanting to get in on the action. This, however, causes Kendall's eyes to widen as she knows the consequences that will happen. She quickly grabbed the earpiece and contacted them.

"Darius?! What are you, Brooklynn, and Kenji doing?!"

Darius was the first to respond :That Sinoceratops was going to get lost. We had to go after her.:

"Darius, you have to stop! You're scaring her." Kendall warns him.

:Don't worry, I've read everything about sinoceratops' behavior. We can get her.: Darius assures her.

"What-No, Darius!" Kendall exclaims through the earpiece.

"What's going on?" Val asked in concern.

"Darius, Brooklynn, and Kenji are trying to stop the Sinoceratops. Apparently, he thinks that the Sinoceratops will disrupt the herd."

"They shouldn't chase her! They're gonna scare her to the herd." Sammy said, "They have to calm her down first!"

"Well, they're not giving her much of a choice," Kendall said, "We have to get them before-"

Kendall was too late to make her plan, Darius and Brooklynn follow the Sinoceratops, attempting to block the Sinoceratops in its path and drive it back into the main herd, but the two only succeed in provoking the animal further and find themselves headbutted back into the midst of the animals. The gyrosphere crashes into a Parasaurolophus, bounces off of it and against a Stegosaurus, who smacks another Parasaurolophus with its tail, causing commotion between the herd and triggering a huge stampede.

"EVERYONE GET IN YOUR GYROSPHERES!" Kendall ordered the rest of the campers.

Seeing the stampede, they quickly got on. Sammy and Yaz get on theirs while Kendall brings Ben in with her, Jester, and Hudson. Val and Celestia retreated on the Sinoceratops that they were riding while Stiggy, Bumpy, and Redford. They all quickly evaded the incoming stampede the best way they could. Kendall was focusing on dodging the dinos while Ben, Hudson, and Jester hugged each other and screamed on top of their lungs. Yaz was doing the same thing as she tried her best to avoid the stampede. Val and Celestia were able to evade the stampede thanks to the Sinoceratops Stiggy, Bumpy, and Redford followed, escaping through the herd. Meanwhile, Dave and Roxie were talking with one of the rangers that was leading the herd, telling her about the situation of the storm, which she agreed to.

"They're disappointed, but they'll get over it." Dave explains about canceling the activity, "Better safe then..."

Dave was cut off when a Parasaurolophus appeared, bellowing in distress, before running off with the rest of the herd. Seeing this, the park personnel chase after it while contacting the others, "We've got multiple assets straying from the herd!"

During the midst of chaos, both counselors let out gasps of shock and realization as they look at each other in panic, "The kids!"

Just then, they heard another Parasaurolophus was letting out roars of panic, climbing over the Camp Cretaceous Mercedes that was parked on the small cliff, jumping it off in the process before it was knocked off by a distressed Sinoceratops

"Move!" Roxie grabs Dave and takes shelter on the cliff, as they narrowly miss the vehicle, "Duck!" Roxie and Dave quickly avoided the truck that almost smashed them. They were lucky the wall prevented it from doing so.

As the chaos happens, both Darius and Brooklynn find themselves caught up in the stampede and are spun around wildly. The rest of the campers avoided the stampede, managing to escape in the process, but got separated into the surrounding jungle. Yasmina and Sammy find themselves blocked in their path by a falling tree that had been struck by lightning. Meanwhile Kenji's gyrosphere crashes into a tree of his lack of focus, even though he was unharmed, however the vehicle overturns, to the point that it was no longer functioning. Kendall, Hudson, Ben, and Jester found themselves in the undergrowth, far from the herd and the others. While Val and Celestia were found on a clearing with the Sinoceratops that they were riding along with Redford, Bumpy, and Stiggy, they were safe and unharmed but were separated from the others. And as for Darius and Brooklynn, the pair find themselves in another part of the jungle that was far from the rest. They were all unharmed, but were separated, and they needed to find each other before the storm hit.

"Are you all okay?" Kendall asked her three companions, who were hugging each other in fear.

"S-So far so g-good." Ben stutters in fear.

"A-Awesome!" Hudson was able to cheer but not that loudly.

Kendall nodded her head, "Good." She said as she opened the door, allowing them to stretch their legs, while Kendall tracked the others as well as finding their way back. "Hmm..."

"What is it, Kendall?" Ben asked, walking over to her with Jester on his shoulders.

"We are on the east side of the jungle." Kendall said, observing the tracks they left. "We can find the others in that direction. We have to find them before the storm hits."

"What about Bumpy?" Ben asked in concern, "She's with Val and C when they escape the stampede."

"Don't worry, they know more about the jungle than anyone. They'll find us in no time." Kendall said before getting in the gyrosphere, "Let's go."

They obeyed and got in the gyrosphere as Kendall drove it through the jungle, searching for the others. And speaking about the others, Brooklynn and Darius found themselves confronted by the Sinoceratops that they were chasing. Brooklynn wanted to get a closer look while Darius tried to stop her, to only provoke the Sinoceratops, forcing them back to the gyrosphere. Before they could make their escape, the Sinoceratops charged at their vehicle and impaled it with its horn. Scaring them in the process. The Sinoceratops started thrashing wildly to release the gyrosphere from its horn. Brooklynn and Darius screamed on top of their lungs as the Sinoceratops was able to free itself as it flung the gyrosphere into a mudhole, leaving Darius and Brooklynn screaming for their lives, while the Sinoceratops leaves.

"We need to call Kendall!" Brooklynn suddenly screamed. She didn't care if Kendall was becoming popular, all she wanted was to live.

As Brooklynn and Darius tried to contact Kendall, the blonde huntress was driving the gyrosphere through the jungle with incredible speed and grace. She searches for the group while Ben and Hudson try to contact them.

"Got anything?" Kendall asked, still not taking her eyes off the road.

"Nothing!" Ben answered in a fright, "The storm is still messing with the signal!"

"Keep trying! We have to find them or else the storm-Wait!"

"What is it?!" Hudson asked.

"I think I saw Sammy and Yaz! They look like they're trapped. Hang on!" Kendall said as she drove the gyrosphere to that direction. Sure enough, she spotted both Yaz and Sammy were removing branches off their gyrosphere while a fallen tree was blocking their path. They stopped when they saw the gyrosphere that Kendall was driving and stopped right in front of them. Kendall and the others got out of their gyrosphere and were relieved to see them.

"Guys! You're okay!" Kendall said in relief.

"Oh, you know how good it is to see you!" Yaz said as she hugs Kendall in relief, who returns the hug. They quickly let go as Yaz asked, "What about the others?"

"Not sure, I'm tracking them down, we have to get them before the storm hits." Kendall said to Yaz and Sammy, who nodded in agreement.

Suddenly, they heard Brooklynn from Kendall's earpiece, :Help! Can you hear us?:

Hearing this, they quickly went to Kendall's gyrosphere as she grabbed her earpiece, trying to catch the signal, it was faint, and they could hear Brooklynn's voice breaking.

:We're stuck... mudhole and we're sinking! Help!:

"Brooklynn?! Brooklynn, can you hear me? Where are you? You have to tell us your location! Hello?!" Kendall asked loudly, but there was no response, "Dang it! We have to find them! before they get killed."

"But we don't know where they are?!" Sammy exclaims, "It will take hours before we could-"

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

They heard thundering footsteps, causing everyone to look ahead and the newcomers gasped in shock to see two of the Indominus Spinos emerging from the trees. Assassin uses his power maw to toss the fallen tree aside, sending it crashing to a distance. The newcomers were in shock to see that, learning how powerful these hybrids are. Then suddenly, saw Val riding on Assassin's back and Celestia was riding on Hunter's back. They weren't alone, Bumpy, Stiggy, and Redford were there, they followed the big hybrids through the jungle when they searched for their friends. The two little girls were relieved to see their friends were alright.

"Hi!" Both Val and Celestia greeted their friends.

"Val! C! Thank goodness you girls are alright!" Sammy said in relief. "But how did you get both Assassin and Hunter here?"

"Lily and Aeliana knew something was wrong, so they sent Assassin and Hunter to get us." Val answered.

"And since they are crocodilians, they can't move through the marshy areas. Like a muddy jungle." Celestia added.

"As well as tracking the others, good job!" Kendall looked at the others and ordered, "Get in the gyrospheres, we're moving out!"

Hudson raises a hand, "Can I-"

"Yes, you can ride with the hybrids, but stay with Hunter." Kendall allowed, making Hudson smile as Hunter allowed him to get on his back while Kendall and Ben got on the gyrosphere while Sammy and Yaz got on theirs.

"Lead the way, guys!" Val ordered the hybrids, who let out roars of agreement, before running forward with the others following them.

"Sammy, try and contact Brooklynn and Darius, see if they are still okay." Kendall ordered through the communicator.

Sammy nodded as she tried, "Hello? Hello? Can anybody hear me?" No luck, as the signal was still being messed up by the storm. Sammy lets out a huff of frustration. "Still no sign of-Kenji?" Sammy suddenly said as they spotted Kenji at the road. Before they could stop, however, Assassin easily plucks Kenji from the ground with his claw, causing the teen to scream like a girl in the process. They couldn't stop as they searched for Brooklynn and Darius.

"Hi, Kenji!" Val greeted Kenji as she rode on Assassin.

"VAL?! WHAT'S GOING ON?! AND WHY IS ASSASSIN KIDNAPPING ME?!" Kenji screams.

"We're on a rescue to save Brooklynn and Darius!" Val answered.

"...What?!" Kenji exclaimed.

Before he could scream anymore, Assassin and Hunter suddenly stopped when they heard something.

"What's wrong with them?!" Sammy asked, seeing the hybrids looking around, nostrils flaring.

Kendall observes their behavior before they look over to the right side of the jungle and then sprints towards it, "They caught their scent!"

They quickly followed the two hybrids, and sure enough, they spotted Darius and Brooklynn in their beat up gyrosphere and were sinking in the mudhole. They quickly got off their gyrospheres while Val, Celestia, and Hudson got off the hybrids. Assassin, being the mischievous one, purposely drops Kenji onto the ground, face planted on the mud. Kenji yelps in doing so and groans at his face making contact on to the muddy floor. He brought his mud covered face up and glared at Assassin, who ignored him, as he was focused on the mudhole as the gyrosphere that carries Brooklynn and Darius inside was sinking.

"We have to get them!" Sammy said as she and Yaz were going to sprint in, but Kendall stopped them.

"Stop! That mud hole is like quicksand! It will pull you under if you try to go in!" Kendall said as she saved two of the campers.

"But what are we supposed to do!?" Yaz asked the huntress.

Kendall thinks as she looks around the area. She needed something to pull the gyrosphere out of the mud hole. Her eyes then spotted vines on the ground that had fallen off from the trees. "We make a lift!" Kendall said as she tied some vines together. "Sammy, I need you to tie strong knots on these vines, so Assassin can pull them like a tow."

"On it!" Sammy obeys as she ties as many vines as she can.

"Val, Celestia, instruct Assassin on what to do." Kendall said to them.

"Okay!" Val and Celestia listened as they instructed Assassinon what to do.

"Now, all we need to do is-Ben...what's wrong?" Kendall suddenly notices Ben's petrified state.

Ben responded as he slowly lifted his finger to point at the direction, and they found themselves face to face with an adult Sinoceratops, the same one that attacked Darius and Brooklynn. Assassin and Hunter growled at the Sinoceratops, who bellowed at them. Val and Celestia calms the big carnivores down, preventing them from attacking the Sinoceratops, who was getting frightened. Knowing that they're going to have a problem, Kendall turns towards Sammy.

"Sammy, you have to calm the Sinoceratops down." Kendall said.

Sammy looks at Kendall in fright, "What?! Me?!"

"Yes, you! Val and Celestia have to keep Assassin and Hunter calm down! And Sinoceratops is kinda like some cattle, and since you have knowledge of this, you have to calm her down." Kendall said, trying to encourage Sammy, "You got this, Sammy, I trust you."

With her words of encouragement, Sammy took a deep breath and went over to the frightened Sinoceratops. Slowly making her way, Sammy grabs a tree branch with some leaves in them. The Sinoceratops backs away, still frightened of what just happened, but Sammy coaxes it gently, "I get it. It's hard to trust strangers. It's a scary world out there. But...I'll trust you if you trust me. I'm not gonna hurt you." She said to the Sinoceratops gently, who slowly relaxed and allowed Sammy to pet it, before it ate the branch.

Everyone, even Yaz, was amazed by this. Kendall couldn't help but smirk proudly at Sammy, satisfied with her bravery and knowledge that she used to help them. However, it was short lived when there were two campers that were about to sink in the mud.

"Guys?" Darius called out in fear as the gyrosphere sinks into the mud.

"Real touching and all, but we're still gonna die!" Brooklynn yelled out in fear.

"Help!" Darius cried out.

"Hang on!" Kendall called out as she looked at Sammy, "Sammy, keep the Sinoceratops busy! We'll take it from here!"

"You got it!" Sammy said as she uses the tree branch to lead the Sinoceratops away from the group.

The rest of the campers worked together to bring the vine up on a tree and Yaz tossed the large vine to the gyrosphere that has a hole on it, which Brooklynn caught.

"Got it!" Brooklynn yelled out as she and Darius worked together to tie the large vine around the seats. Darius did a thumbs up before retreating when the mud slowly consumed them, causing their screams to be muffled.

"Hurry, Kendall!" Ben yelled out in fear as Kendall tossed the edge of the vine to Assassin, who caught it with his jaw.

"Done!" Kendall yelled as she gave Val the signal.

Val nodded and looked at Assassin, "Now, Assassin, pull!" She ordered the hybrid, which he obeyed.

Thanks to his immense strength, Assassin manages to hoist both Darius and Brooklynn's gyrosphere out of the mudhole and into dryland. Once they were at a safe distance, Yaz used a branch that she found and forced the door to open. And to everyone's relief, both Darius and Brooklynn are unharmed, dirty, but unharmed.

Darius gave a weak and yet relieved smile as he waves at Yaz, "Hey."

Yaz, who was covered with joy, couldn't help but laugh in pure relief as she fell down. The others soon joined in, and all cheered at their success. Both Assassin and Hunter let out roars of victory, knowing that everyone's gonna be okay.

However, the group's celebration was cut short when a slightly beaten-up Camp Cretaceous Mercedes came driving with both Dave and Roxie, both unamused and shocked, inside as they arrived at the scene and saw the kids, with some that were covered in dirt, were all right.

Sammy later smiles at the arrival of their counselors, "Hey, look! It's Dave and Roxie! Hey!"

Sammy greets them cheerfully with a wave while the rest, minus the two troublemakers, are relieved to see them. Both counselors stared at them while looking towards the direction to see Assassin and Hunter lounging around, far from a grazing Sinoceratops, who lets out a bellow. They're eyes later trailed off to Kendall, who was standing close by with Jester on her shoulder. She noticed their eyes were on her now, knowing that they wanted answers, she gave a small shrug as her reply.

"I'll explain later." Kendall said to them.

Later, after they reach the clearing, they recover for a while waiting for Dave and Roxie to finish talking with park personnel, who finished herding the remaining dinosaurs back to the herd. Brooklynn continues her recording with this time Darius and Kenji helping with the story.

"Oh, and then the sino went boom! And then Brooklynn was like...AAHHH" Darius made a scream, indicating how it all happened.

Kendall rolled her eyes as she leaned at the side of the Sinoceratops, who was lying on the ground, being petted by Hudson, Sammy, and the Grady Sisters. Assassin and Hunter were a few feet away from them. Close to the three teens that were recording. Yaz and Ben, who was being cuddled by Bumpy, were close to Kendall, watching them do the recording.

"They're getting this over their heads." Yaz said to Kendall.

Kendall shrugs her shoulders, "Well, fame can get to you, and besides, at least she has a story to finally give to her fans." Kendall answered.

"True." Yaz said in agreement.

"And then Kenji saved the day...again." Kenji bragged, making the viewers believe that he did it.

"That didn't happen!" Val called out, riding on the Sinoceratops with Celestia, Hudson, Jester, and Redford.

"Just making your story better!" Kenji called out.

"But you didn't do much." Val said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yeah! Assassin and Hunter tracked them down, and Assassin pulled them out." Celestia added.

Kenji scoffs, "Pfft, they just help a little."

Suddenly, Assassin lets out a deep growl, causing Kenji to look towards the hybrid's direction in fear. The big red Spinosaurus hybrid was glaring at him savagely, indicating that he wasn't too happy with his words. They did all the work while Kenji was screaming like a little girl. If it weren't for Val and Celestia preventing him from attacking Kenji, he would've ended that human in one gulp. Swallowing in fear, Kenji corrected himself, "I mean...what I meant to say was...they were a really big hel-" Assassin growled even louder, forcing Kenji to correct himself again. "Okay, fine! Assassin and Hunter saved the day, are you happy!?"

Suddenly, a huge mudball was flying at him, causing Kenji to scream when the mud covered him from head to toe, and caused Kenji to fall on the ground, covered in mud. Turns out, Assassin was not so pleased by Kenji that he decided to throw mud at him, much to the amusement of everyone, especially Kendall. The huntress smirks as she has her arms crossed.

"Please tell me you recorded that?" Kendall questions Brooklynn, who simply answers by taking a photo of the muddy Kenji. Then, from the corner of her eyes, she spotted Sammy was attempting to do something on the Sinoceratops' mouth. Narrowing her eyes, she quickly turned towards Sammy, "What are you doing?"

Sammy flinched at Kendall's voice, she quickly stopped what she was doing and looked at Kendall with a fake smile, "Nothin'! Just...Just having some fun time with the dino!" She lied, causing Kendall's eyes to narrow.

"Right..." Kendall said, still not convinced. She knew that something was wrong, and she's gonna find out.

Later, after getting to the camp, it started raining outside. Assassin and Hunter went back to their enclosure with Aeliana picking them up. The campers returned safely to the camp with Stiggy, Redford, Jester, and Bumpy. The campers had a blast, but Roxie was not amused at all since they almost got killed, yet again.

"You could have been killed! What were you thinking?!" Roxie scolded them.

"To be fair, if we didn't go after them, they would likely be killed." Kendall said.

"Yup! And we also found a lost dinosaur...and Darius and Brooklynn." Sammy added happily.

"Don't ask me how I did it, but I did it." Kenji brags, feeling that he is safe since the red hybrid Spinosaurus was far away.

Suddenly, they heard a deafening roar that belonged to Assassin, causing everyone, including a fearful Kenji, to look at a distance on where the roar was. This shows that Assassin could hear Kenji from a distance, even if they were far away. Or it was just a coincidence that Assassin heard him.

"...You were saying?" Kendall questions Kenji, who gulps in fear.

"Like Val and C said, they did all the work, and by the way, your eyes were closed." Yaz added as they went to the elevator.

"Now stay in your bunks, you hear me?" Roxie ordered the campers.

"Will do, Roxie." Kendall said with a salute as the elevator's door closed and was taken up to the cabin. But continued their conversation.

"Weren't you crying at one point?" Sammy questions Kenji.

"Hey, I helped!" Kenji said, trying to act all cool.

"Careful, Assassin might hear you again." Kendall jokingly warned, making everyone laugh when Kenji grew quiet.

Afterwards, everyone washed up and had dinner, before they all lounged around the lobby, relaxing. Kendall was at the balcony, watching the rain pour down. Val, Celestia, and Hudson were playing with Jester, Bumpy, Stiggy, and Redford, while Ben watched them happily. It was another eventful day in Camp Cretaceous. And whenever there was an activity that must be done, it leads to some of the campers almost getting killed.

Kendall releases a sigh, shaking her head in the process, "What a day..." Kendall mutters out.

"I know, right?" Yaz said, coming towards her, with the book in her arms, "Just another day in Camp Cretaceous."

Kendall scoffs a bit, "At least it wasn't boring."

Yaz chuckled, "Not even the slightest when it comes to saving people. You have a knack for that."

Kendall soon chuckles as well, "Actually, it's more of a team effort. You all helped a lot...well, most of them." She said, referring to Kenji.

Yaz smiles at her in amusement, "True...but you're the one that helped us work together as a team, bunch strangers learning to know each other."

"Well, trusting people can be hard, especially to those who are keeping secrets of their own." Kendall said, looking towards Sammy, who joined in playing with the little kids and their animal companions.

Yaz followed her gaze and noticed this, "Sammy? Oh, come on, sure she's all peppy and...you know, her."

"I know, but...I have a gut feeling that Sammy is in trouble." Kendall said to Yaz, who looked at her in confusion. Then Kendall's eyes drifted towards Brooklynn, who made amends with Darius, who was coming over to them, "Looks like we're gonna have some company."

"Hey, Kendall? Can we talk for a sec? You know...alone?" Brooklynn asked Kendall.

Blonde girl looks at Brooklynn for a while before nodding her head as she looks over to Yaz, "Can you give us a minute?" Yaz nodded and left the two girls alone. "So, what do you need?" Kendall asked, leaning over the rail of the balcony.

Brooklynn, who was fiddling her phone, was looking around, like if she was trying to avoid something. Kendall waits for Brooklynn's answer, curious on what she was going to say. Then, with deep breath, Brooklynn finally looks at Kendall.

"I just want to say..." Brooklynn sighs, carefully using her words towards Kendall, "...Thank you."

Kendall raised a brow, "For what exactly?"

"You know what I mean." Brooklynn sighs and explains, "Look, I'm happy to be alive because you saved me and Darius...if we stayed and listened... we wouldn't have had any problems."

"Well, actually, it was a team effort, everyone helped." Kendall said to Brooklynn.

"No, it's..." Brooklynn sighs in annoyance, as if she never did this before. "Look, you know everything about this place, you know the weather patterns, the lands, and every dinosaur there is, since you live here! You don't mess up and people like you when you're not even trying! I...and...I'm...I'm jealous."

Kendall gave her a strange look, "Jealous? Jealous of what?" Kendall questions Brooklynn.

"I'm jealous of you! My viewers are favoring you over me, okay? They want more of you and they think you're cool and amazing!" Brooklynn confessed, looking down at her phone, "When everyone saw you in action, they thought that you should be the star of this Jurassic World adventure and they kept saying why can't I be like you...and..."

"And that's why you were giving me the cold shoulder? Because you're fans like me more than you." Kendall said, causing Brooklynn to look away. Kendall sighs and shakes her head, "Brooklynn, I don't know what got in your head, but I'm not interested in the spotlight."

Brooklynn looks at Kendall in surprise, "You're...not?"

Kendall shook her head, "No, I don't know why people think you should be more like me, but you can't. I know how to do those things because I'm in my element. I know how to survive in the jungle and help others in need. Because that's what I do, and that is who I am." Kendall then looks at Brooklynn, "And you can't let them try and change you, because being yourself makes you special."

Brooklynn stared at her in shock and astonishment. Kendall's words think into her mind as she slowly realizes how stupid she was for being jealous towards Kendall. All because she thought that Kendall was stealing her spotlight.

"Sorry..." Brooklynn whispers to Kendall, when she hears her, "I guess you're not the type to get people to like you...you don't care what a bunch of strangers say or think about you...you're just...you."

Kendall's eyes soften, "That's who I am, and nothing's going to change who I am." Kendall said softly before she looked at Brooklynn with an assuring face, "But at least there was one good thing that happened."

Brooklynn looks at her curiously, "And what's that?"

"At least you got a new video for your Brooklanders to see, how you narrowly escape the mudhole." Kendall said, cheering her up, which it did.

Brooklynn laughs and smiles at this, "Yeah, you're right." She said happily, "Since I managed to get all the mud off, which is more than I can say for these fingernails, I can finally go edit and post this bad boy."

Kendall chuckles a bit, "There's never a dull day at Camp Cretaceous."

Brooklynn laughs in agreement, "True." She said before looking at her phone, "...Hey, do you mind if I take a quick selfie?"

Smiling softly, Kendall nodded her head, "Sure, why not."

Brooklynn grinned as she and Kendall positioned themselves at the balcony with the rainy night as their background. Both girls grinned as Brooklynn took the selfie. It was a really good picture. However, upon closer look, Brooklynn saw Jester the Capuchin Monkey do a photobomb by hanging upside down behind them, grinning while doing double peace signs. And in response, the monkey lets out a laughter of his own before swinging away from the girls and back to his playmates. Brooklynn wanted to yell after the monkey but seeing his photobomb was kinda cute, so she decided to post it.

"Now that will get your followers back." Kendall said in a supporting tone.

Brooklynn smiles at her, "Yup, and also...making a new friend." She added, making Kendall smile back.

Afterwards, Brooklynn left so she could edit, leaving Kendall to be in her thoughts again. She felt uneasy since she knew that something bad was going to happen. She glanced towards Sammy with Yaz, who was slowly accepting the enthusiastic cowgirl, as she answered Sammy's questions slowly yet hesitantly. The others don't know about this, but when they were at the field, Kendall saw Sammy was about to take saliva samples from the Sinoceratops tongue. If she didn't stop her, who knows what she would do. However, this raises the question, why? Why is she doing it? And what was her reason? Kendall wanted to know what's going on and she will find out.

Because she knows that she is not the only one who knows that something bad is going to happen.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Somewhere in the city of New York, three bank robbers were running through the alleyway, screaming in fear as they ditch the bags of money. They were scared, terrified even, because something or someone was hunting them. Like a predator. When the robbers went into the abandoned building, a silhouette figure of a woman was seen, grinning darkly at the careless robbers.

Speaking of the robbers, they thought they had escaped from the pursuer, but she was one step ahead of them. Soon, one of the robbers suddenly vanished, scaring the remaining two. They quickly took out their guns and searched for the source, but they could hear wind blowing and the floorboards creaking. Soon, they started shooting randomly when they heard something. Damaging the walls in the process. Suddenly, the other robber suddenly disappeared after he fell into a shadowy hole, leaving one left. The terrified robber points around his gun with his shaking hands, trying to find the pursuer that was hunting them. However, he failed to see the silhouette figure was behind him, grinning at him menacingly before slowly whispering to his ear...

"Boo!"

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

The man screamed through the building, indicating that the pursuer had caught the last of robbers. Later, the three robbers were found tied up on the streets, the bags of money were placed next to them as the cops came to pick them up and arrest them. Watching them from a building was a pursuer, revealing to be nonother than Dark Twilight. 

She has grown over the years to be a part time hero. Going on missions, stopping super-villains, and messing around her teammates. So, yeah, life was good, in her case. She grins in amusement as she watches as one of the robbers was babbling about some kind of demon attacking them.

"Wow, you sure did a number on them." A familiar voice came.

Dark smirks as she sees her partner Spider-Man swinging over, "Sup, Spidey, how's the academy doing?" She asked, referring to S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy. It is where new young heroes are trained to control their powers, and increase their strength, stamina, knowledge, and speed. The trainees will be tutored by the professional heroes, like Spider-Man, Dark, and the rest of the graduates.

"Doing great, you should come see." Spider-Man offers to Dark. "You can show them your power and how to fight demons if they come across one."

"I'll hold up to that offer, Spidey, but I can't right now." Dark said in a serious tone, "I have to find out about Uberto's whereabouts."

"Still looking for him?" Spider-Man asked in concern, standing beside his partner (who he treats like a sister) and said, "You know, you don't have to do this alone."

"I know, but this bastard is still out there, and he will continue his father's work. I don't want any more children taken from their families, homes, and being stripped of their childhood." Dark said, narrowing her eyes as she recalls the time, she and the others rescue surviving experimental children that were hidden in an underwater base. "He has to be stopped at all times before he can do it again."

Spider-Man shows understanding and sympathy towards her, "I know you can find, Dark. That man can't be too far."

"Oh, believe me, he won't stay hidden for long." Dark said with a growl. Just then, her cell phone ring. Dark summons her phone, it was magically protected, so no one can intercept or hack in her calls, "Hello?" She answered, hearing someone at the other line and Dark recognizes who it is, "Oh, hey, Marco, what's up?" Dark listens as Marco spoke something through her phone, which causes her eyes to widen, "Seriously?! Damn, didn't see that coming...uh-huh...uh-huh...really? A kid as their spy? That's a rookie move even for them...uh-huh...oh...I see...so, Destiny got one alive? ...uh-huh...okay, got it. Thanks for the tip, Marco. I'll tell Agent Fury about this, so he can look things up. And tell Val, I said hi. Yup...later."

Dark ended the call and made her phone disappear. Spider-Man looks at Dark curiously, "What was that about?" He asked Dark Twilight.

"I got a lead." Dark said with a grin, "Turns out, Big Daddy Mortem had allies in big companies. One being Mantah Corp."

"Mantah Corp?" Spider-Man questions Dark, "Isn't that the bioengineering and a genetic-oriented company, and is also a rival for both Masrani Global and Biosyn?"

"That's the one. And apparently, it's been sending spies to Jurassic World, trying to attempt to acquire InGen's and Masrani Global's research and technology for their own uses." Dark said, glaring at the horizon. "I have to be there soon as possible, before Mantah Corp's spies find out that we're on to them."

Spider-Man understands this and supports her, "Go, I'll tell Agent Fury about Mantah Corp's spies. He'll find out more about Mantah Corp and send you more info."

Dark grins at this, "I knew I can count on you, Spidey. Also, make sure to stay in a private channel. Mantah Corp and Mortem Junior would somehow intercept it."

"You got it."

Dark smirks, "Welp, it's time for me to head home and catch that bastard. Later, Spidey!"

And with that, Dark jumps off the building, transforming into a raven, before flying off to Isla Nublar. She's gonna find out what Mantah Corp is up to and will make them tell her where Uberto Mortem is. They know his location and she's gonna find them, even if it means forcing them to tell her.

She will not allow Uberto to create more experimental children or hybrid dinosaurs.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

25.9K 1.1K 106
Eva Rocker had a plan: get through high school undetected, play lacrosse in college, study her ass off, and finally be free to her own devices. And t...
274 5 6
Here's a rewritten version of Camp Cretaceous, with hybrids and scientifically accurate dinosaurs galore! Here's a summary: When young Darius Bowman...
25.5K 796 37
A troubled delinquent, (Y/N), and her tech-savvy, fraternal twin Matt, are sent to Camp Cretaceous, a state-of-the-art adventure camp. A place she's...
1.2K 22 13
What's this? Jurassic World- your favorite place on earth - has a new attraction?! Camp Cretaceous!!! You tell your self that you have to go, not kno...