Ven Degrad: The Prophecy

By 18yearoldwriter

Abandoned at an orphanage by his mother, Ven lives a muggle life, knowing nothing of his blood. However, a th... More

Authors Words
What the characters look like:
Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: The Orphanage
Chapter 3: Lies Unraveled?
Chapter 4: Inside a Coffin of Lies
Chapter 5: Diagonally
Chapter 6: Platform 9 & 3/4
Chapter 7: The Sorting Hat
Chapter 8: Got Riddles?
Chapter 10: McGonagall catches on
Chapter 11: McGonagall Catches On Part 2
Chapter 12: Saving Hazel

Chapter 9: Are you Crazy?!

5 1 1
By 18yearoldwriter

A couple of days had past and Ven, Albus and Scorpius were plotting. They were having a hard time figuring out if the rumors were true. If Hazel really had a crush on Ven. It didn't matter what Ven tried. Sit by her, converse with her, say hi to her in the halls.

Nothing worked.

"I've got it!" Albus said at lunch, "We have to do something life threatening towards Hazel!"

"I'm sorry what?" Scorpius said.

"Tell me more," Ven said, Scorpius gave a displeasing look, "The sooner this is over the better everything will be."

"Alright Ven you'll play the hero and when Hazel is in trouble...you save her from the ramparts!!"

"Okay and how do you plan to create this life threatening situation?" Scorpius asked in disbelief.

"We get a werewolf from the forbidden forest, and bring it into the castle."

"You've got to be joking," Scorpius said, "That the most rubbish thing I've ever heard. We aren't going to even going to make it out of the forest."

"Now where is your sense of adventure?" Ven said teasingly.

"Yeah haha. You've got to have more of a plan then that, Albus," Scorpius said.

"Let's head to the library," Albus said.

The three of them left their half empty plates and headed to the library. Ven and Scorpius sat in the most vacant area. While Albus went to get a book on Werewolves and came back within a minute.

"Well, I found the book. With a little help of course," Albus said.

Ven turned around to see Marigold. Albus sat down next to Scorpius and Marigold sat next next to Ven.

"So, I was in the neighborhood and well...werewolves is an interesting subject," Marigold said suspiciously.

"Yeah, I know normally we don't learn about werewolves as first years, but it came up in our class with Professor Binns," Scorpius started to explain, "We started talking and the three of us were interested for more then what Professor Binns' knowledge could offer us. Which lead us to this moment."

"Oh, interesting," Marigold said, who seemed convinced, "Well, I must be going."

Albus and Scorpius smiled. Ven waved as Marigold got up to leave.

"See you next period Ven," Marigold said as she walked away.

Once she was out of sight. Albus and Scorpius freaked out.

"Told YA!" Both of them said winking and pointing their fingers at Ven.

"No, no, no, no, no. She hasn't sat by me in class. Just because she knows my name-"

"Bro, you've got her on the ropes," Albus said lying on his back and pretending to climb a rope.

"We'll see," Ven said with some doubt, "Back to our werewolf discussion."

"Right," Albus said, "Well this says that a person who has been bit by a werewolf, will transform...every month at the occurrence of a full moon."

"So, there's a safe way to do this," Scorpius said.

"Meaning?" Albus asks.

"That if we kidnap the werewolf in human form, bring him back to the castle in a secret location, and somehow lure the werewolf to a specific location, when it turns, then you can play hero. Safely," Scorpius said proudly.

"I'm glad you care about my well-being," Ven said.

"ALL of our well being. I also have the perfect spell you can use," Scorpius said.

"Well good. I think Ven would have gone empty handed and winged it," Albus jokingly said.

"Ha ha. Very funny," Ven said, "But no seriously what's the spell?"

"Well, technically it hasn't been invented yet," Scorpius said.

"I'm sorry, what?" Ven said, "I don't think I'm hearing this right."

"There isn't a spell that can actually defeat a werewolf safely," Scorpius said.

"So you mean to tell me that, you want to create a spell and the person who's supposed to cast it doesn't even know how to cast regular spells?!" Albus said concerningly, "Your plan is crazier then mine!"

"Exactly," Scorpius said.

"What," Albus said.

"That's why it's so perfect!"

"What?" Ven said.

"Ven creates the spell. You've seen his determination. If anyone can cast a spell to turn a werewolf into a man. It's him."

"I don't know Scorpius," Ven said, "There's more that goes into a spell then just determination."

"Your right, but those things are just technical. Determination is the hardest thing to master when creating a spell."

"Well, I'll give it a shot," Ven said with confidence, "If anyone can do it, it's definitely me."

"Why don't you bottle up all that confidence into next period," Albus said, "You know she's gonna sit by you."

"Ooo yeah what are you gonna say?" Scorpius said.

"She is not gonna sit by me," Ven said annoyed.

The three of them collected their things and walked to the next class.

"She will," Albus said, "Why would she say what she said before?"

"It's the set up!" Scorpius said.

"Okay, ok," Ven said, "we will see."

"Yes!"

The three of them made it to class on time and didn't forget Professor Marazion's request to bring their animals. Ven, smoothly, looked to the back of the class. Marigold absent. Maybe Albus and Scorpius are right. She might sit by him.

Ven, Albus and Scorpius sat in the centre of the room. Ven left an empty seat next to him and made small talk with Albus and Scorpius for the time being. Then people came in and started to fill up seats. Then Albus and Scorpius stopped talking and watched Marigold and her friends walk right past them.

"Told you so," Ven said disappointed.

"All right students," Professor Marazion said, "If I can have your attention please. Today we won't be taking notes today. I think you're ready to use your wands."

The class started to get really worked up and be very loud. Then got quieter, quieter, until everyone talked in a low whisper. Everyone's heads turned and followed the clicks of her high heels, of the brilliant witch who wore them.

"Well, I don't trust you completely," the Professor said, "Let me introduce you to Hazel Allin. She's only a second year, but has extraordinary craftsmanship in transfiguration. She'll be helping me supervise you and if you have questions. You can ask either of us."

"Professor Marazion has asked that I come up with what you'll transfigure what into," Hazel said putting what seemed to be a cage on the Professor's desk, "It's something that I did last year. That I think is simple enough. An animal into a water goblet. It's a little hard, but I believe it will separate the best from the rest. Please watch me first before you start."

Hazel went up to the Professor's desk and lifted the blanket off of the cage. It revealed an old barn owl. She pulled the owl out of the cage and it peacefully stayed on her arm. She pulled out her wand from thin air, tapped the owl gently three times and said, "Vera Verto."

Instantaneous the owl turned into a water goblet. Ven was ready to show Hazel that he was worth her time and not some first year joke.

"Alright everyone you may begin."

Everyone put there animal on there desk and tried to turn there animal into a water goblet. Albus was trying to turn his owl into the goblet. With every tap, Albus seemed to be more and more frustrated. Scorpius was trying as well, but instead of an owl he had a cat. It really didn't matter cause he couldn't do it either.

Ven just sat there in silence and looked at his owl. He didn't want to look like a fool. He didn't want the werewolf plan to look like a scam. He had to turn his owl into the water goblet. If he couldn't do that, he couldn't create a werewolf curing spell. Ven looked up to see a pair of hazel eyes staring at him.

"Hey Ven," Hazel said.

"Hey," Ven said.

"You know staring at it won't turn it into the goblet."

"I know."

"You must fail before you succeed."

"Sounds reasonable," Ven said with a quiet laugh. Hazel reciprocating his laugh.

Ven pulled out his wand, Scorpius staring at Ven, and tapped his own three times.

"Vera Verto," Ven said nervously.

Nothing happened.

"Keep practicing," Hazel said as she walked over to Albus to help.

"I just don't understand why it didn't work," Ven said.

"You can't expect to get it on the first try," Scorpius said.

"How am I supposed to create a spell-"

"Ven, we will practice, but when you did this spell the first time. You were nervous. Just try to relax and do it again," Scorpius said confidently.

"Okay."

Ven rose his wand in the air, closed his eyes and relaxed all the muscles. He felt his breath, in and out. He felt Scorpius watching him. He heard the students saying Vera Verto. There voices in slow motion. He could hear exactly what was wrong with each. He could tell exactly what was wrong with their wand movement. He put it all together in his mind.

When he opened his eyes; everything went quiet. He no longer felt nervous. He could hear Scorpius saying in his head: "Those things are just technical. Determination is the hardest thing to master when creating a spell."

Ven tapped his wand three times against his owl and said: "Vera Verto."

Just then a flash of green light came from Ven's wand. The tables around them flew into the air. Ven's owl disintegrated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 810 35
Alyssa Castilian is a muggle at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Despite being an outsider, and having no magical blood whatsoever, she is...
8.7K 212 25
Selcouth (Adj.) unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvellous ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Y/n Thompson, a strange girl, she was...
1.2K 111 30
This is my own version of the next generation's first year at Hogwarts. I wrote the majority of this story long before The Cursed Child came out, so...
979 14 19
Albus Potter doesn't mind being a Slytherin. His friends are nice, his classes are enjoyable enough, and he's sequestered far away from his brother...