Hurt | Remus Lupin

By soft_multi_fandom

Sara Finnigan, the older sister of Seamus, is in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts. As she and her two b... More

~1~ A New Professor
~2~ Care of Magical Creatures
~3~ Sara's Boggart
~4~ Tea with Lupin
~5~ Hogsmeade
~6~ Sleepover in the Great Hall
~7~ The First Quidditch Match
~8~ Crippled Finnigan
~9~ Necklace from a Secret Admirer
~10~ Gryffindor's Win
~11~ The Quidditch Cup
~12~ Sara and Remus
~13~ Sara's Discovery
~14~ The Werewolf
~15~ Remus Departs
~16~ The Burrow
~17~ Table Crashers
~18~ Quidditch Campsite
~19~ IRELAND WINS
~20~ Death Eater Attack
~21~ Auror Training
~23~ Date with Charlie
~24~ Yule Ball
~25~ The Second Task
~26~ Sara the Matchmaker
~27~ Cedric's Death
~28~ Aftermath
~29~ The Fight
~30~ Angry Reunion
~31~ Lies
~32~ Shitty Spy
~33~ Advance Gaurd
~34~ Harry's Arrival
~35~ Questions
~36~ Clean up
~37~ The Hearing
~38~ Prefect Party
~39~ The Apology
~40~ Kings Cross
~41~ What are we?
~42~ Run in with Percy
~43~ Birthday Party
~44~ Dumledore's Army
~45~ A Night to Remember
~46~ Snake Attack
~47~ Christmas at St. Mungo's
~48~ Cured!
~49~ Valentine's Day
~50~ Dumbledore's Departure
~51~ Harry in the fireplace
~52~ Fred and George's Escape from Hogwarts
~53~ Hagrid and McGonagall's Attack
~54~ Battle At The Minsitry
~55~ After the Battle
~56~ The Dusley's
~57~ The Finnigan's
~58~ Family Dinner
~59~ The Twins shop
~60~ Moving In
~61~ Anger
~62~ Full Moon
~63~ Harry's Suspicions
~64~ Christmas Eve
~65~ Percy's Big Fat Stupid Face
~66~ New Years
~67~ Ron's Birthday Surprise
~68~ Return
~69~ Dumbledore's Death
~70~ Shouting Match In The Hall
~71~ Proposal
~72~ Sara and Remus' Wedding Day
~73~ Rescuing Harry
~74~ Battle of the Harry's
~75~ Unexpected Death
~76~ Bill and Fleur's Chaotic Wedding

~22~ The First Task

1K 25 9
By soft_multi_fandom

I was not surprised when Shay sent me a letter, telling me that Harry Potter had managed to become one of the Tri-Wizard Champions. All my friends were thrilled when I updated them on my successful exam, and my mum and thrown a small dinner party, with me and Tonks. Percy and Ollie were invited. Ollie of course, wasn't able to come as he had a quidditch practice he couldn't skip. The big league were not nice when it comes to missing practice, so I was okay wit that. I know that Percy could come have if he tried to, but he didn't. So that just left the three of us, and that was okay. Mum really liked Tonks.

"Talks a lot that one." she said after Tonks went home. "But incredibly sweet. I'm glad your making some friends you are girls. You have too many male friends, it's getting to your head. Maybe that's why your such a slob." she teases.

"I get it from you." I tease back.

After a short break after my exam, it was back to training. Kingsley also updated us on our new little job.

"The first task with be dragons." he explained. "Each Champion will need to get a Golden Egg from the dragons nest. We will need to stand guard in case we really need to intervene."

So, on November 24, we Apparated into Hogsmeade, before walking up to the castle. I wasn't expecting to be back so soon, but here I was. We headed towards the Stadium, where all the students were already seated. I blinked, forgetting there were two more schools and the audience would be much bigger than usual. Dumbledore greeted us warmly. "Kingsley, Tonks, Sara, lovely to see you all."

Each of us had to separate to stand all around the stadium. I happened to be keeping watch right by the entrance, where the dragons would be coming in from. 

"SARA! SARAAAAAA!"

I looked up and squinted my eyes, waving at Shay and Dean, were were jumping around.

"THAT'S MY SISTER!" Shay was screaming proudly. "SHE'S IN AUROR TRAINING!"

I blushed as students around him turned to look at me in awe. I averted my eyes, but was still positively glowing at my brothers praises. 

Soon, it was time for the tournament to start. I was hoping to see Harry to wish him good luck, but I hadn't seen him at all. 

"Hey Sara."

Charlie was grinning, walking past me, with about a dozen other trainers as they brought the first dragon into place.

"Swedish Short-Snout." Charlie said, coming back and now standing beside me. "On duty?"

I nodded. "You can stand here, but don't distract me."

"I won't darling."

I blinked at those words, glancing sideways towards him, but he was looking straight at the pitch. I shrugged off his comment as the Tournament started. Cedric Diggory was the first person to challenge the dragon. I kept my eyes glued to his, becoming rigid when the dragon breathed fire, burning one side of Cedric's face. Luckily he was okay and got the egg. Then it was Krum, then Fluer. Thankfully, nothing drastic happened that needed any of us to help out. And finally, Harry's turn. 

"Can't believe he managed to get it, that kid." Charlie said quietly, as Bagman announced Harry.

Harry stepped into the enclosed area, staring at the Hungarian Horntail. 

"It's considered the most dangerous dragon type." Charlie said, actually looking nervous as he watched Harry.

"Shut up." I said, clutching my wand so tightly my knuckles were turning white. Charlie noticed and grazed his fingers on my knuckles, just ever so slightly before pulling away. I shook off the feeling that was gnawing in my chest at his touch.

Suddenly, Harry raised his wand and screamed "ACCIO FIREBOTLT!"

And then Harry's broom shot out and Harry jumped on it, shooting up in the sky. He flew around the dragon and dived, the dragon followed him.

"Great Scott, he can fly!" yelled Bagman as the crowd shrieked and gasped. "Are you watching this, Mr. Krum?"

Then Harry flew high, so high as the dragon followed, that I couldn't exactly see what was happening. And then, Harry was diving down suddenly, the dragon following him, he grabbed the egg in his arm. We all cheered, even I had to lose my professionalism as I clapped along eagerly for him. I saw him land to the side in front of McGonagall, Mad-Eye and Hagrid. Charlie muttered a quick goodbye before running off with the other dragon tamers, and I walked over to the professors, just as Harry walked into the tent.

"Sara!" Hagrid beamed. "I saw ye standing there on the side, lookin so professional."

I smiled. "I tired."

"Kingsley told me about your exam." Mad-Eye said, his mouth doing some sort of weird twitch, which I took to be his way from smiling. "Excellent work."

"Oh, I'm so proud of you." McGonagall said. I smiled. I loved McGonagall's compliments, because she never gives them out, so you know when she says it it's true.

 Soon, Harry came out and spotted me, grinning and waving. I gave him a thumbs up. Harry got excellent marks, except from a sullen looking man with a moustache, who gave him a four. 

"A four?" I cried.

McGonagall shushed me, though she looked angry too. 

Kingsley came up to me with Tonks behind him. "Time to go Sara."

"Is it alright if I say a quick hello to my brother first?" I gestures to Shay, who was running towards me.

Kingsley smiled and nodded, just as Shay tackled me, Dean right behind him.

"Sara! how are you? I miss you! It's so strange not seeing you everyday anymore. How's training? Who are they?"

I laughed as Shay's excitement. "I miss you too love. I miss seeing your stupid face everyday. Training is difficult but, I love it. That's my mentor, Kingsley Shacklbot, and my friend and mentor understudy, Tonks."

Tonks waved and Kingsley shook Shay's hand. "I'm just her mentor until Mad-Eye finishes teaching the year. I retired from mentoring years ago."

"That's why his name was so familiar!" Shay said, his eyes widening. "Moody was supposed to be your mentor!"

Soon, it was time for us to head out. I only had a few more weeks of training before the Holidays, so I worked hard, getting ready for my final winter exams. It was extremely stressful, but if I just worked as ard as I did for midterms, I should be fine. The morning of my final exam, I woke up early. Too early. But I couldn't fall asleep again, so I got out of bed and decided to get dressed. Once I got dressed, I wrote a letter to Remus. Pouring my feelings out, and updating him on a few things, I folded in into an envelope and sent it off. Soon, the time flew it was time for me to go. 

I nervously went to the Ministry, and Kingsley smiled. "How do you feel?"

"Nervous."

"Good luck to you."

And then my exam started.

The exam actually went great. Once again I had the written portion, and then the practical exams. By the time the exam was over, I was sweating like a pig. Tonks was grinning when I went up to her. 

"You were, once again, amazing!" she squealed, as we walked out of the Ministry.

Before I could even respond, I spotted a familiar looking red-head, sitting on a chair on the side, and holding a small bouquet of flowers. 

"Charlie?" I went over to him, motioning Tonks to wait for me.

He jumped up. "Sara! How was your exam?"

"It was pretty good." I ran my fingers through my damp hair. I felt embarrassed that Charlie was looking at me looking all gross right now. "What are you doing here?"

"I-," he blushed, and looked down at the flowers, before holding them slowly out to me. "I came to see you."

I blinked. "Me?" taking the flowers and flushing too.

He nodded. "Yeah, I just thought I'd come see you in person after your exam, instead of you telling me how it went through letters."

I smiled. "Aw, Charlie.. I don't even know what to say. Thank you. You're too kind. I'd give you a hug right now but I'm all sweaty."

Charlie shrugged. "I work with dragons, I don't really care."

I laughed as he pulled me into a hug. 

He wrung his hands together. "Look Sara, um, I'm staying here for a few days and I was wondering if-"

"Yes?" 

"I was wondering if you'd like to, maybe, you know, I don't know, er, go out on a date with me-?" he trailed off.

I grinned. "I'd love to!"

"Great. How does tomorrow sound?"

I nodded, and we planned to meet at the Burrow at seven in the evening.

I ran back to Tonks and dragged her out. 

"What happened? Who's that? He looks like a Weasley. He's a Weasley right?" she fired off questions at me.

"Come over for tea." I said. "And I'll tell you everything."

We Apparated back to my place. My mum was still out so I bustled around making tea and thrusting it at Tonks. 

"That was Charlie Weasley. We met in the summer when I was staying at the Weasley's before we headed to the World Cup." I explained. "I didn't even know he liked me. Well, sort of?"

"Sort of?" she questioned. "I guess there was something there in the summer, but I never really noticed...."

I thought back to him always coming to hang out with me, touching my arm and hand, always standing close to me or sitting next to me at mealtimes. 

Soon, my mum came back and Tonks left. I was humming to myself happily as i made dinner but then I stopped, my smile faltering. I still loved Remus. And now I felt confused.

"What's wrong?" Mum asked, noticing my face. "Did something happen at the exam?"

"Yeah....no. Not at the exam. After." I explained to her about Charlie asking me out.

"And what's the problem?" she pried.

"I don't know how I really feel." I admitted. "I still, have strong feelings for someone else."

"You're not dating this other persona re you?" she asked.

"No, he said he can't. Personal reasons." I said bitterly. 

"And you still really like him?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "But now I feel bad for Charlie. He's cute. He's kind. He's there. He wants me and, I would totally date him. But my feelings are.... complicated."

"Have you tried talking to him about that?"

"No." I said. "It's embarrassing."

"No it's not. He deserves to know, and I'm sure he'd appreciate you being honest."

"Or, I could go on the date and see how I feel." I offered. "Maybe this date will change my mind." 

She shrugged. "It works too. I wouldn't do it, but whatever works best for you."

I fell asleep that night, my mind racing with Remus, Charlie, flowers and hearts. Ugh. Love isn't fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 6.1K 35
This is the story of y/n lupin. Twin sister of Remus lupin. Ever since she started at Hogwarts she has had a major crush on James potter. Does sh...
303 20 24
Sarai McKinnon grew up in her Uncle Remus's household. Not knowing her parents as her mother died at a early age and her father abandoning her. Remus...
187 0 21
Athena Evan Potter, A teenage girl, named at the age of 14 and a half is finally going to Hogwarts the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to meet her...
77.2K 1.4K 79
all I can ever ask of you is to stay. just stay. ----- i do not take credit for the s...