The Lost Princess - A 'Select...

By FidgetingMonk

An abusive adoptive father. A girl longing for independance. A Prince looking for a bride. A family looking f... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58

CHAPTER 54

70 2 0
By FidgetingMonk

Pin drop silence.

And then Vienna said, "Oh. My. Frickin'. God".

"That sums the situation very well," Elora said.

"How are you not more surprised with this piece of news?" Elena demanded.

"If it was one of us, I would have had my mind blown. But Olivia... I mean, she's Olivia, Elena," she said. "I don't see why you're so surprised".

"It's impressive that you collected this information, Ella. But are you sure that Olivia is Leonie's daughter?" Johanna asked.

"As you all know, Olivia started having prosthetic surgery before she could turn twelve. There's only one picture of her like that," Ella said, pulling the picture up. "I used an AI to show how she'll look in twenty years hence".

She showed the picture, seeing it age quickly.

It looked exactly like Leonie, except for her jaw which was more square.

"So she had all this prosthetic surgery just to prevent being discovered by other older monarchs?" Mei asked.

"Yes. Leonie was one of the open secrets in those days - and anyone would recognize Olivia since she looks a lot like her," Ella said.

"But how did Olivia manage to marry the King of Brazil? Does that mean the royal family is part of the Illuminati too?" Laura asked.

"Not likely. I remember Lucas being forced to marry Olivia. His father looked different when he did so too," Annika said. "He was being blackmailed".

"Shouldn't Lucas be aware of the fact that his country was practically broke because of his wife?" Kamlai asked.

"It's been years since the public has seen Lucas. And Olivia has had a free reign to rule for quite a bit too- she's been sponsoring the Illuminati for a long time," Elora reminded.

"Olivia wasn't even born when the Illuminati struck Hindustan during King Deva's reign," Dhiya pointed out.

"Isn't it ironic that King Deva, the main one responsible in deporting the Austrian King, was the first one who's Kingdom was hit by the Illuminati?" Ella asked. "Maybe someone was blackmailing another King at that time".

"Or," Elora began. "Or, maybe Leonie was blackmailing the Brazil King back then".

"Already? But how?" Stella asked.

Elora looked at her daughter slightly before saying, "By using... other means".

"Ewww," Ella said. "Gross. Please, let's not continue with that theory, please".

"But you've got to accept - it makes sense," Mei said.

"Not you too," Elena said, groaning, looking as disgusted as her niece.

"No listen to me - that's probably the reason why he made Lucas marry Olivia," Mei said adamantly.

"So we had the criminal in front of our eyes all along," Laura said.

"Not really," Stella said. "She couldn't be acting alone. She was here, in the palace last month, but she was here to do something. She must've had a purpose".

"For the cake knife?" Elena suggested.

"No. Ella spilt wine on her before that, remember?" Elora said, and Ella shrugged as everyone looked at her.

"Maybe she had come to relay instructions. In person," Vienna said.

"Yeah that makes more sense. She was pacing here and there outside one of the ballroom exits and I had to send her away. She walked till I was gone, and paced somewhere near the throne room again. Millie came, bowed to her, and gave her directions," Ella said, before adding, "It's there in the original security footage. No audio, but just video".

"Dear Lord. This is a lot," Elena said, flopping near Ella on the bed, burying her head in a pillow.

The other Queens were seated around her on the bed too, but they still remained alert.

"We're going to have to overthrow Brazil," Elora said quietly.

"And quickly," Annika said. "We need to move and appoint a new monarch on New Year's".

"But whom?" Elizabeth asked.

"We need someone trustworthy, someone we know," Johanna said. "One of our own children, the ones who aren't in line for the throne, I mean should ascend".

"And the person has to be experienced enough and level headed - there's bound to be protests when they ascend," Elena said.

"I have someone in mind," Stella said.

"Me too," Elora said.

The two of them stared at Mei. "Would Bao like to ascend the Brazilian throne, Queen Mei?".

"My son?" Mei asked, surprised.

"No, my neighbor Bao. He makes the best eggplant parmesan and is very neighborly," Vienna said sarcastically. "Yes, your son Bao".

"We'll have to talk to the Kings, of course," Dhiya said. "But I think the most of us are okay with it?".

Everyone nodded.

"He's a good choice - he's about Dhiya's age, he's been the official envoy to South America from China for a long time. More importantly, the people know him," Annika said. "What do you think, Mei?".

"I don't know... I'll ask him, though," she said.

Ella yawned.

"You need to sleep, Ella," Elora said, helping her lie down.

Ella didn't even bother to protest.

"We'll meet again for brunch in the dining room?" she asked.

She didn't even see the other Queens nod - she was already asleep.

***

"Ella. Ella. Come on, wake up," she heard a voice say.

She didn't bother to stir.

"The Illuminati are attacking your parents," the same voice said.

And she shot up away, panicking and saying, "What? Where? When?".

She saw Adelaide sitting next to her on the bed, looking perfectly groomed and smiling at her.

"Just wait till my wound heals. I'm going to kill you," Ella said.

"But you need to go for brunch before that, remember?"  Adelaide said, gently helping her up.

She walked into Ella's closet, and pulled out an overlarge sweater and loose pants.

"That'll make me look ridiculous! I'm going to be eating with legit Queens," Ella protested.

"Yeah, and you're shot as well, so shush," Adelaide said, steering her into the bathroom.

Fifteen minutes later, Ella was walking down to the dining hall - she was walking on her own, but her right side ached terribly, and the pain made her feel woozy.

"I'll let you be,"  Adelaide whispered, walking away.

Ella made her way to the enormous circular table laden with food, and sat between her mother and Queen Mei.

"You feeling better?" Dhiya asked her kindly.

"Yes," she lied, gritting her teeth as a servant accidently hit her shoulder.

"Boy, you lie as badly as Elora," Elena said, snorting.

Her mother looked at her anxiously. "Are you sure you're up to this?".

"Positive," Ella replied. "So. What's the plan".

"First, you eat," Queen Mei said, handing her a platter of food.

"Ooohh bad idea," Elena said, making a servant take the plate away, warning her to be careful. "Ella hates the smell of bacon".

"Like Elora?" Laura asked.

"Exactly like Elora," Elena confirmed, before pushing a bowl of fruit and waffles to Ella.

"This isn't enough," Queen Annika said, shaking her head at the food Ella was eating.

"I'll be fine," Ella said, smiling at her.

She couldn't remember why she was so scared of these women before.

"We'll discuss the official stuff later," Vienna said, her eyes flitting briefly to the many servants watching on. "What's the plan for the ball? Has all the aspects been organized?".

"Yes," Elora said, nodding, understanding what Vienna truly meant. "All are done. I've even sent some special garments for all of you".

"Yes, I saw," Johanna said, referring to the bullet proof vests.

"Did you know Luke is feeling super unwell?" Elena asked, asked, and if Ella hadn't known of the plan earlier, she would've completely believed her aunt.

"Oh? What happened?" Annika asked.

"Honestly don't know - the doctor said it's super contagious, so he's going to have to be holed in his room for a while," Elena said.

Ella awkwardly began poking at her food and began eating with her left hand.

She tried eating, but couldn't help but gasp at the increasing pain.

"What's wrong, Ella? You need anything?" Queen Mei asked.

"I need a doctor. Some more non narcotic painkillers," she said tightly.

"Come on. Let's get you to your room," Elora said, helping her out of the chair, and holding her left arm as she walked.

"Was this an excuse to get back to your chambers?" she whispered.

"That and I really need painkillers," Ella said. "My hand is killing me".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 174 15
Last time you saw Jaylie she was struggling. Someone has captured her. Will Justin get Jaylie back? Who captured her? Find out what happens in this...
988K 37.2K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
193K 3.1K 16
Amelia mikealson is Klaus mikealson's niece but who's her father mostly all her life klaus has lied to her about her father being dead but actually h...
1.2M 48K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...