RWBY ROSG Story

By CrimsonWeresloth

Team RWBY and JNPR are taken to unknown realm well their host promise gifts if agreed to watch a story about... More

Welcome
Ain't no grave can keep my body down
Showdown in the Ghosttown
They Went That-a-Way
Lone-Knight in a bar-fight
Nipton Luttery-burn
One for my baby
Flight of the Ghouls
Rumble in Boulder city
Heartache by the mile
Hail to the King
GI Blue
Welcome to New Vegas
OP 2
The Usual Supects
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Strike up the Band
The Heist of the Century
OP 3
Meet the Face of House
Sha-Boom, Sha-Boom
Nuclear Winter Wonderland
Who runs Boom Bommtown?
Mr and Mrs Sandman
Lets go Sunning
Gun, Gun, Ghoul
FOUR!
Church Bells May Ring

Virtute et Valkyrie

79 1 0
By CrimsonWeresloth

Nine Months Ago-

The screen is black as the sound of an engine is heard, things sound fine until the sound of a vehicle tip to the side, front windshield if pushed off and a body hit and roll on the ground. Seconds later a series of curses were heard before it changed to where a female voice is heard saying 'You broke your ankle.' 

Three months ago- 

'Thanks for the Al and Ander.' 

Two months ago- 

And later 80s year old woman could hear 'Hello darling' 'Hi, Great Grandma.' 

A week later- 

'You have Covid.' 'Damn it.' 

Today- 

"I'm finally back!"

Crimson comes into the room with a copy of Call of Cthulhu rulebook in hand. As he enter they notice what could only be describe as a assassination plan with both Sienna and surprisingly Weiss at a blank board with some arcan writing plan on it with a callsign said 'Fallen Tyrant' on it. Crimson sits next to Ruby with the new teen on his left. "What did I miss?"

"Not much, they just made plans and plans. Should I tell them we are going to watch the next chapter?" Ruby said not looking at her host. Not evening waiting for the reaper to try the host, just lower the lights and start the player, causing both Khan and Schnee to release what's happening and begin to head to their seats.

Ch.25 Virtute et Valkyrie

Hours later, On the balcony above Lake Mead.

The conversation has dragged on for hours. It went for so long that both Ruby and Hanlon moved to the upper floor balcony to look upon the lake. At first Ruby started with the basics of her world, Dust, Aura, Semblances, Faunas, Grimm, and Combat Schools. Then she moved on to her personal life, friends, and adventures. To a normal Waste Lander, all of this would sound like Telltale's from a Freeside Junkie. However, Hanlon had met with multiple politicians back west, he could spot a liar's web a mile away. When he heard Ruby's tales, he couldn't see the web nor any shakes, coming with the conclusion that she is a master liar or wasn't lying. He figured the lateral. He did find some of the stories to be either intriguing or down right humerus.

Weiss shakes her head annoyed that Ruby can't keep somethings a secret but after seeing the man almost kill himself, she lets it slide.

"Heh, Heh. That's funny, what happened after your uncle walked into class?" Hanlon asked with a slight chuckle.

Beside the sisters, everyone was confused at what story Ruby was talking about. That just made the snickers from the sisters grow louder.

"Well then Ozpin announced that today's lesson will be working on their landing strategy." Ruby finishes before both start laughing about the time her uncle lost a bet with her father and went to class in a skirt.

This led to the sisters to laugh along, actually scaring their friends, former enemy and new mentor. "Care to explain what is so funny?" Sienna asks.

"Oh, it's the time Uncle Qrow went to class with a skirt." Yang answered.

"The drunk one?" Blake asks.

"That's the one." Yang said with a smile, then out of nowhere Sienna joined the laughter causing everyone else to look at Sienna. "What got you laughing?"

"Because I was there, holy shit, he's your uncle?" Sienna asks between laughs.

"Yeah, so you were in Beacon?" Ruby said with a huge smile.

"Yeah, Team GSMT (Goldsmith)." Sienna said proudly.

"Why does that name sounds familiar?" Ruby whispers to herself.

"Who was your partner?" Sun asks as he leans back to get a better view of the Highleader of the White Fang.

"Marcus Black." Sienna spat, causing Neo to raise an eyebrow.

"You mean Merc's kid?" Neo causes Sienna's eyes to widen.

"What? He had a son?"

"Yeah, and he made a horrible father." Neo growled.

"Ok, who were your other teammates?" Pyrrha asks, causing Sienna to turn to the champion and smile.

"Glynda Goodwitch and Roman Torchwick." This led to a collected 'What?'

"Okay, you can talk more about this after the viewing." Crimson said, continuing the video.

"Heh, heh. Oh, boy that beats my wife's tales of talking Deathclaws by a mile away." Hanlon said with a low chuckle.

"Yeah, heh, heh. You know, I've been here an entire month and half, but I have not met a single Deathclaw." Ruby remarks as she wipes a tear of joy from her eye.

"Can we-" Before Sun could finish, Ruby whacked the monkey faunus in the back of the head.

"Well they are some nasty fellows, let me tell you. Course legend goes there is a rare breed of Intelligent Deathclaws made by Enclave back in the heyday of The Chosen One. Supposedly one of these Deathclaws by the name of Goris traveled with her. Lucky for her since the Deathclaw were then wiped out by their own creators." Hanlon remarks as he leans back in his chair.

"Oh, well what happened to Goris?" Ruby asked with intrigue.

Ruby slams her face into her hands as everyone chuckles.

"Well, there are only speculations about the Albino Deathclaw's whereabouts or if he actually exists." Hanlon remarks as he rubs his beard. As he does so Ruby's stomach gives a small gurgling sound indicating that she hadn't had breakfast or dinner.

As she begins to blush Hanlon gave a small chuckle. "Heh, guess what they say is true. I do apologize Ms. Rose for rambling on. Wanna continue this conversation downstairs over breakfast?"

"Yes please." Ruby said as she held her stomach in hunger.

Even with her still being annoyed at her similar responses with her story self, she was glad that she helped the old man.

The two then head downstairs for Breakfast. Downstairs in the cafeteria multiple rangers ate their food in silence. No one was the wiser of what could have happened the night before with Chief Hanlon. Each ranger was eating a hardy meal of sugar bombs Yum Yum devil eggs, Dandy boy Apples, and Sweat Rolls. Ruby mouth begins to water at the sweet rolls, she hadn't had any cookies for nearly one and half months. She quickly wipes her mouth before quickly grabbing a few of the rolls. She then grabbed some food to go with the breakfast before turning around to see Nora waving to her. She was sitting with the Misfits and the rest of the gang. As Ruby pondered if she should sit with them Hanlon came from behind.

At the sight of the sweet rolls caused the three sweet toothes of the group began to drool, causing the host to summon three large bowls of them for them.

"Aren't they your friends, the ones from your home?" Hanlon asked as he walked up beside her.

"Oh, Yeah." Ruby remarks.

"Then why don't you sit with them?" Hanlon said as he made a movement with his head. "I'm sure there's room for me as well."

Ruby gave a nod and followed him to tables. At the table, Six and Boone were talking in a serious tone about something while Weiss was simply field stripping her Lasor Pistol. Nora was talking, or more like shouting a strange dream about making it rain Deathclaw's, stealing one of their eggs, it then hatches allowing them to own a Baby Deathclaw which they will call Syrup.

Everyone who knew Nora turned to Ren. "What, I wasn't there for that dream." Causing those who don't know Noren's relation to give a question look as those who do simply nod in understanding.

"Come on Ren. Imagine how much money we can make on the strip. Five caps per picture with Syrup, the tamed Deathclaw!" Nora suggests.

"Nora, how do you know it won't backfire? And remember what happens when you own that goldfish?" Ren said as he bit into his Raiser Grain toast.

"Mr. Boop died an honorable death. We gave him a proper burial by sea." Nora retorts.

Nora saluted as Ren just shaked his head, knowing his story self will explain what actually happened.

"He died because you didn't stop shaking the bag. And we tossed him into the porta potty at the fair ground where you won him." Ren corrected. Before Nora could say something to protest, she noticed Ruby walking beside an older man.

That caused some disgusted looks, not the fish killing, the doping it in a porta potty.

"Hey, Ruby. Who's the old man?" Nora asked for a dirty look from every NCR trooper and ranger present.

"Um, Nora. This is..." Before Ruby could finish Hanlon interrupts her by introducing himself.

"Hanlon, Ms. Valkyrie. Chief Hanlon." He said with a chuckle as he reaches out with one hand to shake hers. Nora did without a second thought. She was about to return to Ren and her conversation when she just remembered who Chief Hanlon is. She nearly choked on the pancake she was chewing on.

"Oh, my Oum. I'm so sorry." Nora said in a fit of panic.

Some laughs came in as Nora growned leading to her partner placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Ah, it's no bother. I am getting older." Hanlon said as he waves it off. "Now, do you mind if you move down. I ain't as acrobatic as you youngsters anymore."

Without even thinking Nora shoves Ren down which caused him to bump into Weiss. This made her lose her tools and bump into Boone. Boone was pushed, causing him to accidently throw hot coffee into Six's face, sending him to the ground. As the group complains at one another Nora cheerfully pats the open space for the two gleefully.

"You know that it's your fault for being on the same side of the table with Nora." Jaune told Weiss who just glared at Nora who had a shit eating grin.

"... Heh, guess my troops weren't lying about your... optimistic attitude." Hanlon said before sitting down next to Nora.

"Beep, Boop, Beep." (If by Optimistic attitude do you mean idiotic beyond reason. Then yes. She is "Optimistic.")

Nora gave a sparking glare at the eyebot, thinking of the ways would smashed the dumb bot.

"So, Ruby. When did you meet, The! Chief Hanlon?" Nora asked.

"Well, that's a long story." Ruby said as she rubs the back of her neck in nervousness.

"Oh, I can explain if you want." Hanlon offered. Ruby didn't know how to respond to witnessing a war hero trying to commit suicide so she allowed him to do so.

"Honestly, that would be for the best if he explains it." Sienna nods her head.

A few hours later.

Hanlon told a lie about how he accidently bumped into her when she was looking for a room. The two talked and swapped a few tales of their own. Six still in pain from the coffee asked what he meant by stories. He then simply gave a knowing wink before handing a napkin to Six. At first, he was confused till he noticed writing on it. He read it silently before looking up at him. Hanlon gave a nod and returned back to the conversation.

"Ah oh." Ruby whispered, already feeling Weiss' glare at her.

After a few hours the posse gathered their things and supplies and got ready to leave for Callville Bay just north east of their location. However, there was the payment for the package Weiss and Ruby had delivered. They were paid a measly fifty caps, but Hanlon intervened on the payment with three additional items. Ruby was given a book. A story book of two famous Wastelanders, the Vault Dweller who had saved the wasteland from the Master and his super mutant army. Then his descendent, the Chosen One, who saved the wasteland from the Enclave. He then gave her an NCR Ranger belt to help with carrying additional firearms. It was a beautiful brown western gunslinger belt. The leather was marked with a western design and had the right holster modified for her Weathered 10MM. It also had an additional holster on the front of the holster. It unfortunately could only fit a revolver but it didn't matter. The belt made her feel even more badass than she already did. She was given another with the difference it being a blacker color. Weiss refused it because she felt like it was "Tacky." So, Six took it. It fit well with That Gun in his right holster, his 44 magnum in his front holster.

After seeing it, Ruby was surprised to see the same belt landing on her lap. As she turns to her host who just smiled and wink before mouthing, 'Happy early birthday.' That just caused her to try and put it on... Also gave her ideas to make herself a sidearm once she was back at Beacon.

They said their goodbyes and left heading North East for Callville Bay. With the additional two the trip was even nosier for Six, ED-E, and Boone. Halfway through the trip when a pack of Radscorpions attacked, they were easily handled with minimal effort. As another few hours passed by, they eventually made it to the Bay with no troubles. The question now was how or who is going to swim to the bottom of the lake. Nora of course jumps in first and quickly swims down. After a few minutes of not returning upwards Ren removed his jacket before jumping in. Another minute later he swims back up with Nora with a Mirelurks claw still attached to her leg. A few stitches later Nora detonated the floatation explosives causing the two hundred old bombers to float to the surface.

Seeing their teammate jump in first was such a Nora thing to do that they just shook their heads. Though when she had a giant crab claw still on her leg did caused two things, 1. What attacked her and 2. Where the rest of the crab.

"... Huh, you know I would expect it to be in worse shape after two centuries beneath the surface." Weiss comments as she takes a bite from a pickled pear fruit.

"Yeah well that's pre-war tech for yah." Six remarks as he lights up a hand rolled up cigarette. After he inhales the smoke, he tosses the All American on his back before getting up. "Right, so what now Nora?"

"We need tech like that." Weiss said, now seeing what they can do for Remnant.

"Well, we are supposed to wait for some robots to come by and drag this plane to Nellis." Nora explains as she finishes cooking the mutant crab claws hand.

"Good, Me, ED-E and Boone will stay here. You four head back to Vegas." Six remarks as he exhales some smoke.

"What?!" Everyone but the adults shouted not seeing where Six is coming from.

"What?!" Multiple voices shout in confusion from all four of the kids.

"Beep, Boop, Beep." (Oh, thank god. And here I thought I was going to die of annoyance.)

"Fuck you to ED-E." Came from an angry Nora giving the eyebot the bird.

"You heard me head back to Vegas. I'm sure the guilt of losing you too is just eating Veronica up from the inside." Six remarks.

"Shit, he might have a point." Yang said, only now remembering Veronica was missing from the group.

Back in Vegas at the Ultra-Luxe

A dozen of White gloves society members walked out a hotel room covered in multiple bruises and cracked masks. A few had a limp in their step. Their original plan was to kidnap a single regular patron but what a simple job turns into a near disaster. For a patron she has a powerful right hook. In fact, one of the kidnappers begged for a left by the end of it. Still they had a job to do and they now caught their breath. They head back inside and struggle to carry an unconscious Veronica down the hall. As they do so the Med-X starts to wear off and she quickly wakes up.

"What's going on?" Sun said getting a little concerned along with everyone else thinking of what kind of things they need to drug a woman for.

"Ugh... wha, Oh hell no!" Veronica shouts as she punches one of the kidnappers in the crotch. She fell to the ground with a thud before getting back up for round two.

Neo gets up before using her semblance to give herself a bunny suit picking up a sigh before walking to the front. Once at the front she raised it up with it saying 'Round 2, Fight!' This caused both cheering and a wolf whistle from Yang for some reason. Though they were disappointed to see they weren't going to watch, it led to Neo walking back to her seat next to Yang without even changing her outfit.

Back with Six and kids

"But what about Jaune, and Rex?" Ruby asked.

"Once we are done with the job, we will head out for Jacobstown the next morning and pick up the squirt." Six said before taking a drag from his smoke.

"Beep, Boop, Beep!" (Yeah, we will... wait what? Ah, F$#k. I hate that guy.)

Jaune gave a 'kicked puppy' look causing both Pyrrha and Nora to be even more pissed at the eyebot.

"But you don't know where Jacobstown is!" Ruby pleads.

"True but..." Before Six could even finish his sentence Boone pats him on the shoulder.

"Actually, that's not a bad idea." Boone remarks. "Caesar's Legion doesn't head that far out west. Plus, you did say that we were heading up to Bitter Springs. Could be a chance to kill two birds with one stone."

"Why does he-" Before Sun could finish his sentences Crimson spoke up.

"Let old dogs lie." This leads to even more questions and concerns.

Six thought about those words. He did have a point, If they stayed north of Vegas then they would be out of Fiend territory, and if they remain on the road then they don't have to worry about most critters. Plus, it was far away from any Legion raiding parties or assignation groups. Six then looked over the kids, his gut was telling him that it was a dumb idea. They are kids, but on the other hand he knows that they can handle themselves. Remembering the lesson from the Madre he lets out a heavy sigh.

The slight image of the Madre on screen caused the viewers to give a shiver.

"Fine you win." Six mutters as he pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"Really, Yes, thank you Six!" Ruby said before hugging Six gleefully.

Six would normally try to pry her off, but knowing the futility when it comes to her just simply let her continue, completely irritated by it.

"Aw, that's adorable." Nora said as even the blonde brawl agrees with her ginger happy friend.

"Aw that's adorable." Nora remarks before asking Ren loudly. "Does that mean Six is now her father? Oh, I always wanted a younger sister!"

Yang, Ruby, Pyrrha and Penny look at Nora before getting up before giving her a hug making the ginger smile.

"I'm not anyone's pa!" Six said enraged as he had enough of Ruby's hug and pushed her away. "I don't know why people think so."

"Because you gives the father feel." Sienna said, causing everyone who has a good dad all nods their hands in agreement.

"Beep, mic drop Boop, Beep (Probably because a single man with a group of underaged children that he isn't related to or is entrusted by said relatives. Sounds worse than being your multicolored children from alternative mothers.) ED-E explains sarcastically. "Beep, Boop, Beep. (Course then again, child protective services no longer exist since the bombs so go ahead, dump the brats in the lake and blame it on the Legion, no one will batter an eye.)

"Can we please kill ED-E now?" Yang asks the host who only shook his head no.

"... Ugh, you make a good point ED-E." Six said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He then murmured something that no one heard. "...Except that last part."

"Thank, Gods." Said Velvet with a grateful sigh.

"Uh, what did he say?" Weiss asked slightly interested in what the robot had said.

"Nothing, look just don't get into anymore trouble or do anything stupid." Six said with a heavy sigh before walking off with Boone and ED-E following behind him.

"No promises." Yang gave a tooth grin.

"Will do Dad!" Nora shouts.

"Ugh!" Six shouts in frustration as he tosses his hands up in irritation.

This caused some snickers.

After he and Boone left over the hill, Ren turned to Nora and asked, "...Nora... Why do you insist that he's our dad?"

"Well what would you call him? He looks after us, make sure we are safe, brutally murder that Legion spy with his bare hands and buried him in an unmarked shallow grave." Nora listed with her fingers.

"I see her point." Sienna said, causing everyone but Blake and Nora to look at the older Faunas funny.

"Wait, what was that last one?" Weiss asked with wide eyes of shock,

"Not important, but what I'm saying is what would you call someone who does everything for you without any thanks or days off?"

"A Varlet?" Weiss answers

"A Dog sitter?" Ren guessed.

"My uncle?" Ruby remarks.

"No, a dad." Nora claimed.

"Wha, no a dad. I'm talking about a dad." Nora said as she threw her arms up. "Gosh, a month here made everyone here weirder."

The three gave a strange look at one another, Nora for once made a somewhat valid point. Six could have left them to rot in the wasteland, yet he didn't. If anything, he has spent more of them in this complex relationship. As the three pondered why, a simple question with a complex question entered Ruby's head. "Did he have a kid before?"

"Maybe sis." Yang agreed.

A few hours had passed by since ED-E, Boone, and Six had left. The sun was about set in the east and the four were waiting anxiously for the robots. As they waited a few Mirelurks rose from the lake only to be blown up by Nora. So, with the bits of crab meat floating by the group's real problem was boredom. Ruby started to read the book Hanlon gave her. She had just gotten to the part where the vault dweller had hired Ian out of Shady Sands when the robots had arrived.

"Finally, I was getting bored!" Nora shouts as she gets off a pile of rotting tires.

As the military grade Mister Gutsy moved closer to the water, the one at the end was suddenly struck down by a spear. A few more spears in the Mister Gutsy, Ruby recognizes those spears and quickly shout out to everyone.

"Legion, really?!" Ruby shouted.

"Crap, guys it's the Legion!" Ruby shouts as a spear passes by her.

Ruby squeaks at seeing the not only the spear not only past her storyself while gaining flashback.

She quickly dived behind cover as the spears impaled into cover. Weiss having experience with the legion tactics realized the danger she was in. Nora and Ren had no idea or experience with the legion. But when it comes to dodging, they were experts in that.

"Who are these guys!" Nora asked as she pulled out her rocket launcher.

"Legion, hopefully they aren't using guns." Weiss remarks as she pulls out her laser pistol as a spear races past her.

"Still stupid they don't use that all the time." Velvet said a little annoyed at how stupid Legion tactics are.

"Ok, but why are they attacking us in particular?" Ren asked as he blindly fired at them.

Before Ruby or Weiss could say anything, the Legion responded by shouting at the top of his lungs. "RETRIBUTION FOR VULPES!"

"That bastard." RWBYJNPR said in unison with some much venom it almost dripped, causing many to look at them with raised brows.

"Oh... who Vulpes?" Nora asked as she tossed a grenade behind her.

"Um, long story!" Ruby shouts as she removes her rifle out from behind her.

"Eh, I don't know. I mean we do have time. They are using only spears." Nora remarks. As on cue powerful gunshots went off. Sounds like a sniper rifle and rapid fire 12.7 SMG.

"You were saying?" Weiss sarcastically said who only gave a stick out tongue response.

"You were saying!" Weiss shouts as she leans out of cover and disintegrates an incoming legion recruit.

Weiss placed her head in her hands as Nora laughed.

"Alright, Alright! That's a story for another day!" Nora remarks as she aims her weapon at the legion.

Crimson had to hold his side as he snickers. 'Wombag you ass. This hurts.'

Before she could fire, one legion member got lucky and hit the rocket just as it left the bazooka. The explosion destroyed the rocket launcher, and sent Nora flying backwards into the water. Ren in a fit of panic and rage begins to fire more rapidly at their attackers. It seems that a small army of Legion raiders has raced over the hill. Like most legion formations the most experienced soldier let the newer recruit's race forward, rusty machetes in hand. They raced towards the group with no fear, or horror as they raced toward the group. They of course were easily gunned down by Ren, Weiss, and Ruby; but of course, that is basic legion procedure. Though dying with ease, they made ground as they pushed the three back towards the water. Ruby had taken a few shots at a few recruits who came charging forward. However, one got lucky by charging in through the side. He slashes down at her, he of course missed but did knock her rifle out of her hand. Ruby then dodges under the second slash before implanting the cosmic knife into his chest. Killing him instantly.

Seeing Nora explode caused a large panic in the room, more so when they saw the normally calm Ren go berserker. They then saw fast Ruby was with a knife making Yang's eyes widen.

She tried to retrieve her rifle, but a few spears that nearly impaled her sent Ruby scurrying back. She quickly pulls out her weathered 10mm and activates V.A.T.S she pinned down five incoming Legion Decanus. Four of them fell to the ground with 10mm lodged in their heads. The fifth one's head was saved by his helmet. However, that didn't save him from Weiss's laser blast. He was shortly reduced to ash allowing Ruby to retreat behind cover. As she jumped behind the tool boxes, she took a moment to get a look at her surroundings. It seems they had beaten back the recruits, but that means the legions' more experienced soldiers will be charging in.

"Sweet, V.A.T.S. are back!" Ruby cheered as those that weren't here during Bittersprings had wide eyes at the system. Though that soon ended as the more experienced enemy came into the picture.

"Oum almighty, how many are there!" Ren shouts as he quickly lays suppressive fire.

"I don't know! They didn't send this many after us before!" Weiss said as she reloaded a new EC battery.

"Either way, just don't stop. You do not want to be captured by these monsters!" Ruby shouts as she tosses a grenade over her shoulder killing one veteran legion.

The two only heard of rumors of what happens to Legion captives. None of them were pleasant. So, with the fear of being captured the two fought with more ferocity than before. However, if there is one thing about the Legion, it is that they are devoted to serving Caesar's will to the death. It seemed like they would be captured or killed as the three were being pushed back into Lake Mead. What came next seemed like something from an Unstoppables comic. As the legion closes in, Nora emerges from the lake with two weapons in hand. In her right was her mercenary rifle, in the other a grenade launcher. She had somehow dual wielded the 40MM explosives like they were peashooters.

Everyone's eyes widened with Ren having a growing blush as Nora simply smiled before saying. "Why do I look both badass and sexy at the same time?"

"For my baby!" Nora shouts in vengeance for her rocket launcher that she ironically named "Nora's Baby."

The 40MM went flying through the air, crashing into the legion and blowing them to bloody pieces. Once the blood shower had come to an end, the four regrouped and tried to collect their breath. As they do so they can hear a slight coughing sound from underneath the body pile of legionary bits. Curious Nora walks over to the body pile before removing the bodies. Underneath it all was a single Centurion, now missing half his face and limbs.

"Holy shit." Coco said with her shades almost falling off her face as Neo had a satisfied look.

"Oh, my Oum... I did this." Nora said, reeling in shock from what she had done. She could kill an entire vault filled with Ghouls without losing a wink of sleep; but a human? She did this.

"Oh, yeah. That's the first time Nora actually killed someone in this story." Ruby said not even fazed at the carnage.

"(Cough, Cough) You degenerates always fight un-honorably. (Cough, Cough.) Always fighting from afar." The legion mocked as he laid their dying. Slightly enraged, Ruby moves Nora away from the sight and into Ren's arms. He too had spilled blood; he just didn't show it but he too was mortified by his actions.

"And what you did in Nipton was better?" Ruby asked as her hand tightened around her cosmic knife.

"(Cough) You witnessed Vulpes glory before his demise (Cough, Cough)?" The Centurion asked before realizing who he was talking to. "Oh, heh, heh, (Cough, Cough) ... of course quod a puero Brutus. The irony isn't lost on me child. Your hands are stained with the legion, heh (Cough Cough) Oh, how I wish to see your fate beneath Legate Lanius, A rubrum daemonium of the west meeting The monster of the east...heh, heh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, hah... (Stab)."

As everyone who saw Nipton were glad to see Ruby killing the Centurion while those who weren't were shocked to see the semi-innocent girl just killed without mercy... Though for Ruby she saw a flash of a giant armor man surrendered by fire but nothing concerning happened so she continued watching.

As the man laughed, Ruby's rage had flickered in that moment. Without thinking she had pulled out her knife and stabbed him through the neck, ceasing his laughter. However, her rage wasn't satisfied, she began to stab, over and over again. With each stab, the three look upon her in horror how she has changed. Before the twenty fourth plunge Weiss intervenes, by grabbing Ruby's arm.

"As someone who stabs people when I'm piss, don't ever stop someone who is stabbing when they are piss." Neo tells Weiss who actually took the advice to heart.

"Ruby!" Weiss shouts in a worried tone. "What in Oum's name was that?!"

"... He... is a monster Weiss!" Ruby said as she drops her knife and breaks down in tears as she hugs her partner. "Each and every one of them are monsters!"

As Ruby's teammates comfort her, Crimson just mental thoughts. 'Fucking Bethesda.'

Weiss was confused, never had she seen Ruby break like this before. Granted no one did, she continues to cry and cry. As those tears streamed from her eyes, Ren and Nora tried to comfort her by hugging her as well. It seemed that the wasteland had finally made a crack in the young Huntress. As the time went by Weiss decided the most reasonable way to help Ruby was to leave the scene of the carnage. They had retrieved her rifle before walking off into the west as the sun began to set.

As they continued on, the group felt completely in despair. Only a few hours had passed since Six had left them, and that was all it took for them to be knee deep in carnage and few pounds less of bullets. As they continued along the road, Weiss suggested that Ruby play something over her Pip-Boy. She definitely loved the music of the Mojave; she has never seen her hum one of those prewar toons in their travels. Ruby silently and lifelessly agrees, she holds up her Pip-Boy and tunes into Radio New Vegas as Ain't that a kick in the head ends. What came forth was a sad tone that didn't help the mood at all, in fact all it did was add to the despair.

Play Hurt by Johnny Cash

I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real

This led to everyone complaining, as Crimson shook his head. 'Fuck you, Wombag.'

Ruby looks down at her hand. They were still covered in blood. Completely soaked up to her arm. She then begins to pounder more about herself, about the words of others.

"Out here people change and definitely not for the better." Trudy voice remarks.

"Your stubborn misguided sense of self fucking righteousness just bought me and your green horn friend here, a day in pure agony!" Six voices shouts in anger.

"That's not an easy question. For us soldiers, we trained to do it. For civilians it isn't easy. The legion just simply doesn't care." Boones voice remarks.

"It's a desert, you know. A radioactive desert where humans subsist in a barbaric state. Difficulty to glorify convincingly. They are, however, aptly named. For that's what you will be out there, wasted." Mr. House's voice remarks.

The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything

Ruby felt something in the back of her mind slowly come to the forefront but remain in the shadows of her mind. Blake also felt something similar yet primal... no feral at seeing her leader like this and hearing those voices.

Ruby shakes her head of those voices. She has been told by everyone on how this wasteland eats people up and spit them out. It's happened to countless others... Now it's her turn. So far, she can already feel its molars digging into her soul.

What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

As they continue down the road the scene focuses on the western setting sun. As it slowly fades beneath the western sky, the scene is shifted backwards revealing a mountain oasis. In the mountains a few tribal looking warriors covered in white war paintings laid completely massacred on the valley floor. Only one of these tribals was still alive and struggling to crawl to safety.

I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here

As the scene changed it caught everyone's attention away from Ruby as they now saw a massacre that was worse than Nipton.

As it seemed that the tribal could walk away until a foot stomps on his back. As he cries and squirms in pain the figure adorn in another tribal clothes grabs the tribal by his hair. It was clearly a she by her form, and on her hip was a makeshift holster with an ancient weapon adorn in it. On the other side were a few scalps, still flesh as its sticky blood falls to the ground. The tribal soon joins his comrades' fates as the female tribal begins to slowly scalp him.

What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt

"What the- Fuck!" Blake cursed as she felt a strange pressure in her head as if something was trying to come out of her head.

As she finishes scalping the tribal the screen looks up to show the woman, has ebony hair and strangely cat ears poking out. She then turns around to reveal Blake Belladonna, wiping the blood from her head. As she does so, she looks off into the distance to watch the western sun vanish into the night.

I will let you down
I will make you hurt

Everyone's eyes widened at the sight of Blake as her head gave one last pressure before leaving as soon as it came.

The scene then shifts from the night sky to the inside of a laboratory. Inside, multiple sounds of drilling, sawing, and screams can be heard from within the lab. However, the scene turns to an operating table. Surrounding the table were a few robotic looking figures. No one can see anything besides their form. However, the main focus was when a young unconscious blond woman was tossed onto the table.

If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

As the song comes to an end the young woman is revealed to be Ruby's sister, Yang. She is no longer wearing her clothes but instead a surgery gown. The bots then turn her head to the side revealing that the right side of her head was shaved cleanly off. After a few seconds pass a loud buzzing sound can be heard as a shadow of a buzz saw closing in on her. The screen goes dark as the only sound of that horrifying moment is the sound of the saw meeting the flesh.

"What happened to-" Before a scared Yang could speak Blake began to scream in pain. "Blake?!" Yang shouted as she and her friends rushed to Blake's side. As they focus on Blake they don't notice Crimson walking up to them before picking Blake up before heading to another room.

"I'll take care of her, you have the rest of the day off." This caused everyone to look at him concerned but decide to at least use the time to improve themselves and make plans.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.3K 1.2K 56
Before there was Red vs Blue, there was Project Freelancer. The teams loved the Recollection Trilogy but it's time to move on. Realistic reactions fr...
32.2K 861 32
Just read the damn thing.. (I don't not own ANYTHING here, RWBY, JJK, or any other pictures and stuff I say isn't owned.)
6.7K 131 14
The group had taken their first stand against the forces of Salem at Haven Academy, and emerged victorious! Now, with the Relic of Knowledge in hand...
325 31 31
In the world of Remnant, a place where science and fairy tales coexist, human civilization is pledged by deadly monsters known as the Grimm. For a ti...