These Violent Acts → House o...

By scmmander

They would bow. She would make them bow. (House of the Dragon) (OC x OC) (OC x Aemond) (OC x Jacaerys) (OC x... More

These Violent Acts
ACT 1.
001. Gods Save The King
002. Gods Are Cruel
003. Between Gods and Men
004. The Movements of a Dragon
005. A Damning Letter
006. A Tully Celebration
007. A Lannister Mystery
008. Murder, She Wrote
009. The Baratheons
010. The Great Stag
011. The Unexpected Expected Visitor
012. A Great Ball
013. Lords and Ladies A Plenty
014. Potential Suitors
015. What's a Party Without a Little Blood?
016. The Passing Of Time
017. The Older Sister Befalls the Fate Of Mother
018. The Two Old Friends, Scheming and Manipulation
019. Moves And Countermoves
020. The Semi-insane and semi-responsible
021. The Art Of The Lie
022. What's a Wedding Without a Bit Of Death?
ACT 2.
022. An Expedition For The Ages
023. The Pride of Kings Landing
024. Dealing with Old Lovers
025. Clear-headed
026. Love Never Lost
027. Driftmark
028. Aemond Targaryen

023. A sweet return

1.1K 34 2
By scmmander

The news of their coming return had swept through the Red Keep like wildfire. Three Targaryen children are thrown across the known world, like pieces of chess thrown across the board, every two or so years. Of course, their placement on the board was not random. The chess pieces they took up were carefully placed across the map of Westeros found in Naenya's room. 

Many Lords and Ladies whispered that Princess Naenya didn't seem to care for her children above what they could do for her, a nasty portrayal that Naenya herself had begun in hopes of her enemies leaving her children alone. 

Of course, the manner in which Princess Naenya bounded down the steps and towards the returning carriages showed a clear level of adoration that few could miss. 

Vanya Targaryen, the eldest and potential heir to the Iron Throne, was as silent and ever-watching as she had been as a babe. It was more than common to see Vanya haunt the halls of the Red Keep with a timeless frown that seemed to portray some sort of sorrow within the girl. Silent as a mouse, the Lords and Ladies were too late to notice Vanya listening to their idle gossip until they let slip pieces of information that betrayed their, or those they were speaking of, true feelings and intentions. The doleful-looking princess had been sent to Winterfell, to Castery Rock and High Garden. This time, Vanya was returning from the Vale. 

Maegor Targaryen, a wild and boisterous child, seemed to have taken all the emotions for himself when sharing the womb with his twin sister. Everyone knew when Maegor was coming, being able to hear his voice boom from across the Red Keep at a volume that made some mistake him for being in the room beside them. Having gained his father's dark hair and smile, he also seemed to gain an innate amount of charisma that allowed the boy to get away with almost everything. Despite lacking a dragon, Maegor exemplified the nature of a true Targaryen warrior, showing an almost cruel natural ability for the sword that would have sent fear into Lords and Ladies had he not been a child. The boy had previously been sent to Winterfell, the Wall and Riverrun. For unknown reasons, he had been sent back to Winterfell. 

Rhaenya Targaryen was the more unknown of the three children. Being only six years old she had yet to leave as much of an impression on the Lords and Ladies of the Red Keep as her older siblings. She seemed to have an old mind, being wise in ways that seemed rare among those containing the wild and unpredictable blood of the dragon. Being her first time away from home without any company, she had been sent to Riverrun with Princess Naenya's personal guard. 

"There's only two?" Naenya questioned, meeting Elden Baratheon at the gate.

"Maegor left Winterfell early and headed to Riverrun to accompany Rhaenya home," Elden said, passing their newest addition to their family over to her, "Perhaps Rhaenya was too young to be sent away,"

"I was fearful of the same. That's why I sent her to Riverrun. I would trust Jeyne with Daemon here," Naenya said, smiling down at the young babe, "Maegor and Vanya went abroad a year before Rhaenya did,"

"But they went together," Elden pointed out, watching intently as the carriages came to a stop. 

Naenya paused thoughtfully, "We will ask Rhaenya. If it was too much, then she does not have to go next time,"

"Or perhaps somewhere closer, I could take her to Storms End or Dragonstone," Elden explained, causing Naenya to smile, "Oh, here they come,"

Maegor was the first out of the two carriages. His soft brown curls bounced around just above his eyebrows. He had let his hair grow out too long while in Winterfell and had refused to let the women cut his hair. 

It meant Naenya would get to cut his hair. 

"I have a note!"

The words flung themselves out of Maegor's mouth in such a flurry they almost blended together, as Maegor launched himself into the open arms of Elden as Naenya passed the babe in her arms to a nearby wet nurse. 

"Mother!" Rhaenya stepped out of the carriage and quickly shifted into a light-footed sprint towards Naenya.

Naenya held one arm securely around her youngest daughter as she held her other arm out for her eldest. Naenya knew Vanya had exited her carriage almost immediately after she heard her brother, but had stayed by the carriage for reasons known only to Vanya. 

Now that all the excitement had dissipated to quiet happiness, Vanya would finally move forward. 

"I missed you too, little mouse," Naenya spoke softly as Vanya pressed herself against Naenya's side. 

"Lord Stark gave me this note for you!" Maegor shouted, throwing himself over Naenya's shoulder. 

Vanya moved away from the hug, her hand remaining securely in Naenya's hold as Maegor moved the attention his way. 

Naenya stayed knelt down, pulling Maegor over her shoulder and into her arms as she took the note from his hands. She assumed the note was nothing special. Maegor always enjoyed feeling like he was being given an important task to complete. 

"Thank you, I will read it soon," Naenya smiled, turning her head towards the wet nurse, "But for right now, I'd like to introduce you to someone,"

Now with free hands, Elden Baratheon took the baby Daemon from the nurses' hands and held him for the children to see. 

Vanya was the first to take a look at the babe, her owl-like eyes assessing Daemon thoroughly. 

"He's gonna have brown curls like me!" Maegor shouted, earning a shush from Rhaenya. 

"What's his name, mother?" Rhaenya asked, moving her finger towards Daemon's small hand. 

"Daemon, and he's so excited to get to meet his older siblings," Elden said, lowering himself so the children could see the baby better. 

Rhaenya and Maegor were crowded around Elden, while Vanya stayed beside Naenya silently. Her entire family had returned to the Red Keep, and, while she adored having all her children with her, she knew how much more troubling court could be with weaknesses around every corner.

"Don't worry Mother," Maegor said, noticing the slight frown forming on Naenya's face, "We'll take good care of our little brother,"

Naenya smiled, resting her hand on Maegor's cheek, "I know you will. We all will,"

...authors note

Ahhhh, the children are coming. We're into the ten-year time jump now, so the kids will be coming in full force with the madness!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 374 24
𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓼 This story happened a long time ago. It is already over. Nothing can be done to change it. It is a story of return and l...
430K 14.4K 41
* ੈ✩‧₊˚ -ˏˋ. 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣 ˊˎ- 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙄𝙍𝙎𝙏𝘽𝙊𝙍𝙉 𝘿𝘼𝙐𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀...
58.1K 1.4K 9
Is it a video? Is it a video? . . . ⠀ ⸺ ⠀Fire and Blood / House of the Dragon ⠀ ⸺ ⠀fem!oc x Cregan Stark ⠀ ⸺ ⠀cover by @ewgender