006. A Tully Celebration

Naenya and Jenye walked side-by-side through the halls of Riverrun, whispering something or the other to one another behind cupped hands. One would giggle as the other whispered, only for the roles to swap, and the second would giggle and listen to the first. The two appeared thick as thieves, as though being birthed in the same castle and raised together. To all looking on, princess Naenya had been fast in strengthening her allies. To those looking closer, the sparkle in Naenya's eye spoke of something deeper. Whether Lady Jeyne reciprocated those feelings were more difficult to tell, she held feelings more closely. 

"What about lemon cakes," Naenya said as they arrived at the gardens, "Many young girls love them. Henry could take one to his fiancée. It would get them talking,"

Jeyne hummed, nodding to the servants as they went about their work, "She is an awfully timid girl for a Mallister. I can't imagine her speaking to Henry first. Her timidness might make him sad,"

Naenya shrugged, taking the paper that held all the current activities they would have for the children. 

"I imagine it would be rather daunting. She's only seven," Naenya said, leaving Jeyne to figure out the exact amount of room they'd have in the grassed areas, "Oh, I wouldn't play that game. If she's so timid, a blindfolded Henry is not going to be able to pick her soft voice out of all the girls calling his name,"

"That's true, don't want them starting on the wrong foot," Jeyne agreed, walking towards Naeyna to look at the list herself, "We can set up a board and log for see-saw,"

"Blind Man's bluff might make the two friendly," Naenya offered, marking with her foot where the tables of food would be, "It can be awkward in a funny way sometimes,"

Jeyne nodded along, her attention drawn towards the approaching Lord Grover. Jeyne bowed to her father, watching closely as he made his way towards Naenya. Naenya bowed slightly too, as she was in Lord Grover's hospitality. 

"Princess," Lord Grover gave a polite smile, "I was wondering if you could accompany me on a walk through our home?"

Naenya glanced at Jeyne, who was eyeing her father, "Of course, I would be honoured,"

Lord Grover nodded, offering his arm. 

The two walked into the halls of Riverrun in silence, sending warm smiles and greetings to the servants and fellow Lords. It was only once Lord Grover had guided Naenya into the Riverrun library, a completely emptied room, did the two break their silence.

Naenya sat on a nearby couch, accepting the goblet of water and her favourite lavender tart Lord Grover had offered her. He had been watching her closely.

"I have heard of King Visery's marriage to the young Lady Alicent, be sure to give him my congratulations," Lord Grover began, pouring a cup of wine for himself.