021. The Art Of The Lie

The air in the room was suffocating as neither sister uttered a word. The duo had been in complete silence since Naenya walked up to Alicent and Rhaenyra in the Godswood and requested Rhaenyra's presence. At the time, Alicent had tried to stake her claim as Queen and stated Naenya had to wait her turn. Alicent had quickly turned once she noticed the terrifying look of calmness in the heir's eyes and quickly assumed Naenya wished to speak to the young princess about similar matters. 

"Are you," Naenya paused, gripping the chair beside Rhaenyra's seat, "completely and utterly stupid?"

"Naenya-"

Perhaps a violent head snap would have been better to witness. Such a quick and aggressive movement showed uncontrolled emotion, showed human weakness. Instead, Naenya only turned her head slowly towards her younger sister. Not even a shred of emotions adorned the heir's face; only her eyes let her sister know her true feelings. Emotions that were not befitting of a princess. 

"I was-"

"I thought you we were a team," Naenya dropped her head, her jaw muscles tightening, "I thought you understood. Clearly, you are still a mere child,"

"I do-"

"Do not," Naenya spoke through clenched teeth.

Rhaenyra, who had stood up in indignation, slowly closed her mouth once more. Both sisters were blazing fire, the flames swelling around them enough to burn down the entirety of King's Landing. 

The rage of one dragon, one true dragon, was enough to conquer a whole world. The rage of two was what plays were written on. 

"If I were a man, we wouldn't be having this conversation," Rhaenyra said bitterly, more to herself than her sister. 

Naenya rolled her eyes, shooting her sister a contemptuous look. 

"If you were a man, I wouldn't have to deal with being heir, would've solved many problems," Naenya said, moving to seat herself on the chair, "You are plenty rash enough to be a man,"

Rhaenyra scowled, her arms crossing over one another as she followed in her sister's lead and sat back down. 

Moments of silence passed between the sisters, allowing the fire in the room to suffocate. 

"I do not care who you sleep with, and I do not care whether the person you love and spend your time with is your future husband or not," Naenya finally said, her fingers interlacing with one another as she turned towards her sister, "But I do care if you damage my rule by doing so,"

Rhaenyra didn't respond, choosing to watch her sister closely instead. 

"No one can ever know of your actions, Rhaenyra," Naenya continued, her voice much more calm now, "You may do what you like, but it must be behind closed doors. No one must be able to realise what actions you take. Ever. Do you understand that?"