The Day Before Yesterday (BxB...

Oleh ShytheHyacinth

After waking, Dylan learns of the truth that his parents tried desperately to hide. The incident isn't at al... Lebih Banyak

𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖈𝕶!
𝕮𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝕶𝖊 𝖀𝖕
𝕿𝖜𝖔 𝕷𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕬 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉'𝖘 𝕾𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖆
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖞, 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖞, & 𝕾𝖊𝖝
𝕻𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖝
𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕿𝖞𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑 𝕱𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
 𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝕴 𝕯𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖄𝖔𝖚
𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖂𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓
𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖏𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖞'𝖘 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞
𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖘
𝕬 𝕿𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓 𝕴𝖓 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖉𝖊
𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖘 𝕺𝖓 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉
𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞 𝕮𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘 & 𝕽𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖓𝖆𝕶𝖊𝖘
𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝕶 𝕹𝖔 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖊
𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖍
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕴𝖋 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝕬 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖂𝖆𝖓𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II

𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I

253 18 1
Oleh ShytheHyacinth

A/N: I imagined that Anastasia has a very soft but foreign look to her. I think the photo above suits her but I was torn between this image and like three other girls. Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!
_________________________________

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

It had been a week since the rogue had broken into the palace.

They hadn't found a trace of him since. Other than the several sighting's throughout that night, it's he vanished without a trace.

He was there one moment, and gone the next. Leaving no clue as to why he was here or what he wanted with us. We weren't even sure what his actual goal was for the evening or if he achieved it.

All I could tell you is that King Giovanni had it so tightly under wraps, even I had forgotten the incident.

Not a single guest caught wind of what had happened. They hadn't even noticed when most of us retired for the evening. The kitchen staff and butlers were told to keep them merry, and drunk.

That must've been what worked in Giovanni's favor when he returned to the gala alone and wished everyone a safe journey home.

I had to give it to him, he was level headed even though his wife was icing him out during every minute of the day. Yep a heaping platter of marital issues served up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I didn't dare to ask and no one dared to point it out, but I was sure they weren't even sleeping on the same floor of the castle.

Shit was really hitting the fan.

But that apparently wasn't any of my concern. None of this was. That's what Jayden reminded me whenever he decided to stroll into my room after spending the day playing king.

He'd kiss me and rant about being too tired to talk. Though he'd be just awake enough to start kissing up my neck, just awake enough to try to easy my worries with sex.

I hate to admit it but it worked the first few times. The flesh is weak after all and I'm a simple man. Also Jayden is incredibly hot and very persuasive in that department.

Eventually I grew a back bone. After growing tired of the same song and dance I started showing him the door before he even made it to my bed.

I don't care whatever his father had told him, or whatever he thought he was doing for the sake of my peace of mind. This isn't what I wanted.

This rule was supposed to be a two sided thing, not a ventriloquism act.

I wanted him to let me in. I wanted to help.

"My Lunos?" A voice called out, I felt a soft touch on my shoulder and I flinched away in fear before I willed my racing heart to slow.

"Good Goddess, you startled me Anastasia!" I huffed as I struggled to get ahold of my breathing. I tugged on the sleeves of my nightgown as I crossed my arms across my chest.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed, stuck in a loop of thoughts. She had scared me so deeply, I jerked back onto the bed, and lay awkwardly sprawled onto it.

"My apologies My Lunos, but I've been in here for five minutes now." She revealed as she stood before me awkwardly, motioning to all the things she had fixed around the room in that time.

"...Five minutes?" I uttered absently.

"Yes, my liege. In all honesty, I feared that something was wrong with you the way you stared off unmoving. I was about to run for the Royal healer." She mumbled while looking at me with a softened look. It was filled with worry and boarded on sympathy.

I waved her worries off with a soft shake of my head before I glanced to my window to catch the sunrise.

"So what's on the planner this morning?" I questioned while pulling my muscles into a light stretch.

For the last week as a way to keep myself occupied from Jayden's provocations, I've been taking charge of several charity events planned annually for the villagers.

I loved every minute of the field work I was doing. It reminded me of what's to come of my internship.

On the first morning, I went with a fleet of guards as well as coachmen pulled horses to the edge of the boarder where our farmers lived.

I hand gifted each of the farmers new tools as well as spelled them each anything they had been missing. Fresh clothes, medicinal potions, crop fertilizer, new barn tools, hay.

I made soooo much hay that day.

I thought the guards were a bit excessive but Leon ensured me they'd be out of sight and out of mind. Which was partly true, my super-hearing made me aware of their presence but they moved out of view in the outskirts of the land.

They took the whole 'protection of the crown' thing pretty seriously. I doubt any of these sweet country folk wished to see me dead, they gifted me eggs and freshly harvested crops native to the territory.

Anyways, the rest of my days I set a course to visit every large village in the pack. Each was more or less the size of a town. I made a mission to explore, indulge, and help the less fortunate.

I window shopped at the market places amongst the villages. Tipping handsomely to shops that were running slower than others.

I loved a good small business, there was one in particular that sold hand made lace lingerie. Don't ask me what my plans are, my wedding was coming up and that's all you need to know.

I also figured out ways I could help the slight strain of financial inequities within each villages class. I drew up an intricate plan that I wanted to propose to the king and the elders.

I know I made a real difference, and it was exhilarating know there's still more I can do for the people and the future generations.

Oh Goddess, speaking of future generations.

When your a Lunos to be, everyone who had a baby wanted your blessing.

I wasn't exactly sure how to bless a baby considering I'd never had to, let alone have to hold one before.

Yet I followed my instincts, I sprinkled some celestial magic on their heads while calling upon the Moon Goddess. The babies loved it, and the parents of each child seemed content in their magic covered babies. Sometimes they bowed so deeply I thought they'd touch the ground.

Sorry, I'm rambling on and on about baby talk.

I'm not exactly thinking about kids of my own at this point in time but I think I'd be a great babysitter.

Just don't hand me a crying kid. I freeze up and the minute they start wailing I promise I'll start crying too. Not fucking kidding.

That's besides the point, what I'm trying to get at is, I kinda understood why Jayden did what he did. The king and all the monarchs I've come to meet always seemed so hell bent and worried for their people. All for the right reasons.

They were all so wonderful, with such a rich and diverse culture. Each village had their own ideologies and traditions. Different manners of braiding hair, speaking the language, dressing up, cooking and so much more.

In a simple week I got to know these people and truly live amongst them.

I've only scratched the surface but as a future monarch I knew I'd happily lay down my life to see them safe and prosperous.

"Well My Lunos, I woke you up a tad earlier then I typically would. Mainly because I wanted you to have a moment to yourself before the chaos began." Anastasia explained in a giddy tone as she reached for a tray resting on my bedside table.

She had the kitchen prepare me the usual concentrated blood broth tea, which was leagues more delicious than it sounded. Ever since Sasha informed her of my sporadic eating habits she did a great job at always ensuring that I drank that on my busy days.

O-neg with notes of hibiscus and honey.

It was like a little treat!

I sipped on my drink in a daze of bliss before my spidey-senses started tingling. Anastasia seemed a little too happy to be waking me up at six AM. Seriously when does she wake up in the mornings?

I was definitely asking the wrong questions but this tea has me super mellow, and anything that happens next will be blamed on it.

"Oh yeah, cause everyone who's normal blames shit on inanimate objects and the Moon Goddess. That's totally not a form of mental illness—" Dimitri scoffed out before I cut him off.

"Shut up." I hissed towards my wolf while shifting in my seat, reaching over to set my tea down.

"What's that you said about chaos? What do I have planned today?" I inquired while glancing over at the calendar smack in the center of my planner.

"Your kidding? Right....My liege?" She chuckled in a way that was void of any humor. When I finally flicked through the pages and reached the date, I felt my stomach twist into knots.

A big crown was drawn on the date and I instantly wanted to bang my head on the wall.

"Crap—" I hissed as she nodded her head with a poorly masked look of excitement. Next thing I know, there was a series of thunderous steps in the hallway before my door swung open like the damn parade came to town.

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

"Happy Coronation Day!" My Royal Court greeted with a round of single handed jazz hands, each of their other palms held gifts. All of which I prayed to be durable an inexpensive the way they were jumping around like kangaroos.

"Thanks...." I muttered as I tilted my head away from their cheering.

Terrific, nothing like the sounds of banshee like screams to get your blood pumping in the morning.

"Now, we know we are supposed to give the gifts during that portion of the ceremony but I honestly just couldn't wait." Ryan squealed as he pushed his present into my line of sight.

"Isn't it bad luck for a Lunos to open his presents before coronation?" I muttered as I held the box in my hands.

My unenthusiastic response had my friends looking at me in disbelief.

"Y'all look like I just kicked a puppy, what did I say?" I asked with a tired tone as I undid the intricate bows on Ryan's gift.

"Nah, I'm gonna take my gift back if your planning to be a Debbie downer!" Ryan whined like a pouty child as he moved to yank his gift back.

"A what? Who's Debbie?" I asked as I swatted his hand away and continuing to open the gift.

"It's an expression from one of Ethan's weird human movies." Renaeh clarified before Sasha interjected.

"We stayed up late wrapping your gifts and we had a movie—no actually, why are you being a Debbie Downer?" Sasha began to explain before she questioned me. Looking torn between concerned and amused as I struggled to open Ryan's gift.

"I'm not being a downer, I'm just not ready for the stress of today. I don't wanna seem unappreciative I'm sure you guys gifts are...." I explained softly as I continued undoing bows after bows, and unboxing one box hidden within another.

"What in the damn Russian nesting doll?" I grumbled as I overheard the group snickering like shit was funny.

I got to the last box that was no bigger than a typical ring box. Not the box Jayden gave me, that shit was huge and had all twelve of my rings in it.

Nope this box was tiny and worst of all, fucking empty.

"Oh! So y'all waltz in here at the crack of dawn, just to get on my last nerve? Cute." I snarled out causing them to stop laughing and chittering amongst themselves.

"Who pissed in your tea? It was just a prank. When I told them to drizzle some of that liquid gold, I meant honey not—" Sasha began to interrogate before a knock wrapped on my door.

"Okay, guys seriously, what is up with the empty boxes? If y'all wanted crack jokes today is not the day." I told truthfully as I dropped my attitude to a minuet degree. I cut back for the sake of starting the day off right, but they for real play too much.

Anastasia had long walked over to open the door and in the midst of my whining an bickering I was met with the sound of familiar voices.

"Wow, this whole place is nice Elaine! I wasn't that on board about this Jayden character, but he does treat our son like royalty." My dads voice rang through the space.

"That's because he is royalty dear..." My mom added as they walked in.

"I don't know about that, he's such an grumpy little gremlin, people actually trust him to rule?"

"Well Will, he was born for the role...quite literally."

"Oh no not Jayden, I was talking about Dylan, Dear." My dad clarified with a lazy grin.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence Pops." I muttered as I fell into the embrace they had awaiting me.

"Surprise Dyl, we flew your family out a day before the wedding so you'd cheer up a little!" Kia gleamed as she pointed over to the door at Raven and Venus waltzing in with a gift.

By gift I meant my adorable baby cousin.

"Apollo!" I called in a gooey tone as I held my awaiting arms open for him.

Raven scoffed as she went to put him down so that he could dash over to me like he usually did.

"Right...call the kids name, no 'hi hello's,' to the mothers? I birthed that thing." Raven bickered as we watched Apollo run in the complete opposite direction of me. He dead ass hit a 180 and just ran straight out the door.

Venus rolled her eyes at her mates antics before she went to chase after their son.

"Apollo, Sunbug, come to mama!" Venus called as she followed after the boy.

I stood shell shock in their absence and adjusted myself once I recovered.

"No hug?" I whined as my hands fell to my side in disappointment.

"Haha, loser! That was hilarious! Probably karma, it's rude to not greet the parents first. Everyone with kids knows that." Raven chuckled as she walked over to give me a hug.

"He reminds me a lot of you when you were younger, he's probably spelling around the castle on his way to chat with his little friend." Raven explained nonchalantly as she took in my appearance.

"You look good kid, feel excited? Your gonna be a new man after today." She told with a pointed look, she had this mom intuition now and she used it to shift through my reactions. I think my nerves were on display for everyone to see despite me never actually letting the words leave my mouth.

Was I in this because I wanted this or did I stay out of obligation? Was I having second thoughts about moving into a broken home, or palace I should say?

Was I sure?

"I'm fine Rae, I'm just getting pre-coronation gitters, I'm sure Jayden is feeling just as I do. We are on the same page about all of this." I assured aloud, she seemed to back off with the skepticism but mine filled the void hers left.

What the actual fuck was I committing to?

"My liege, Sienna and the rest of her team will be arriving shortly. While you prepare in here, your court will tend to other decorative affairs. Would you like me to have Leon escort your family to their rooms?" Anastasia queried as she snapped me back to reality.

"Couldn't spend some time in the gardens with them? They've only just arrived and the coronation isn't till later this evening." I moped like a child as I pestered Anastasia with request she couldn't fulfill.

"I'm sorry Your Majesty, the tailors need a full day to prepare you with all of the traditional garments of the ceremony. Also, you still haven't chosen a dress for your—"

"It's okay, I understand." I smiled absently as I wished my family goodbye. I reluctantly chose to put my duties first in that moment. It was too late for me to have second doubts now.

My parents were sad to have to say goodbye but they knew we'd have time after the festivities to catch up. That is until I'm pulled into last minute wedding planning.

Can you believe I still haven't chosen a dress?

"Will we...see Dilly later?" Apollo asked towards his mothers as he pulled on my leg.

I scoffed as I picked him up and spun him around.

"Are you kidding, Polly? I wouldn't miss a hangout with my fave little man for the world, despite you curving my hug earlier to hang out with Goddess knows who." I chuckled into his own elated giggles.

"Not the Goddess, but she is my best friend! Have you met her Dilly? She's the kindest wolf in the world!" Apollo ranted about his new friend as I sat there patiently listening to his glee filled babbles.

I literally had no idea who this kid was talking about, but Raven didn't make any efforts to fill in the blanks.

"Aww, they're so cute! Venus take some photos for the Christmas tree or the holiday family book!" Raven squealed as she took in the sight the same manner my parents did. Obviously parenthood made people brainless, why else would they be gush at us like puppies at a shelter.

"It's literally July." Venus pointed out as she tiredly pulled out her phone purely out of maternal obligation, not because her mate was pestering her to.

"If you will all make your way out, Leon will escort the Lunos' family to their rooms." Anastasia bowed as she held the door open revealing Leon standing guard, awaiting their presence.

"Off you go Polly, I'll see you later bubs." I waved goodbye as my family and I parted. Anastasia followed them out. I suppose she was going to summon Sienna, though I wished she didn't leave me alone.

Not with my brewing thoughts.

My hands itched to conjure up some spells just to quell my nerves. Maybe I could make some potions. I was running low on a few things. I think I should request a workshop to be installed someplace in the castle. I couldn't always be cooped up in here, or in one of the kitchens.

I liked to sneak in there sometimes when the chef's are away so I could bake some pastry's.

The kitchen staff think there's a ghost. I don't have it in me to tell them that it's me. It's so entertaining hearing them bug out.

"So antsy, please calm down." Dimitri insisted as he gave me a tired yawn.

"Your right, I'm in terrible shape. I need to get myself together for Jayden's sake." I huffed as I shook out my nerves and gazed at myself in the mirror.

"He's probably off somewhere sleeping in till his advisors manage to get ahold of him, patiently awaiting the conclusion of this chaos." Dimitri chuckled at the thought. I gave him a small smile and sat fixated on the sight of my ring and the empty spot atop my head. The place my crown would sit.

"You're right, he's probably sleeping." I hummed as I flick my gaze to the stampede of staff waltzing through door signaling the real start of my day.

—𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞—

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙹𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚗)

"Nigga, get yo' sorry black ass out of bed and into some damn clothes? You know what today is?!" A voice barked as my bedsheets were yanked off of my body leaving me cold an exposed to the world.

Now pause.

I did in fact have boxers on, so I wasn't physically 'exposed' but I did feel violated out of the best sleep I've had all week.

With all the planning, the strategizing, and bullshit I had on my plate, you would think I could get these peaceful moments of respite to myself. Yet here I was, woken up violently by—

I open my eyes to see my dad standing before me in a matching sweat and hoodie.

I looked at him in offense for a moment before his mouth dropped and he shook his head.

"I promise, that did not come out of my mouth—" Was all he said as he held up his hands in defense and backed away.

"Nah, it came out of mine. You know what a dude had to do to find you today?!" Jonathan bitched as he came into my line of sight with a plate of food in one hand and a mile long speech I had to memorize in the other.

Ethan just stood behind him and waved good morning as he held a pair of clothes for me to wear till my tailors arrived.

"I'm literally in my bed." I huffed as I rolled into my pillow with a groan.

"In your bed and in an entirely different floor of the castle?! You have time to request all your shit be moved so you can avoid me, but you can't memorize your speech?!" He snarked like someone who posted all their good sense.

"If you wasn't sweating me like a mutt in need of a bone, I wouldn't have to run from you. You're even more uptight then that nigga we call a father!" I ranted back as I moped like a child.

I was begging for just another hour of sleep, we can all benefit from not pissing me off this early into whatever today's plans were.

What was today again?

I flicked my gaze to the clock on my bedside, and my view was instantly cut of by the light peering in from the curtains my dad opened.

"Why must we use language like that when referring to me? I'm really just minding my business..." My father muttered with a deep sigh.

Jonathan, Ethan, and I mugged him with a fierce look before they turned their attentions back to me.

"Today, marks the day where I, Jayden Adairis Beaumont become the rightful successor to my father's crown." The pair recited in an eerie unison as food was shoved into my vicinity and I was yanked up to a slouched seat.

"Oh right, that's today." I huffed tiredly as I squinted at my clock.

"It is literally 7:01 AM. We finna do this at the unholy hours? Why are you guys like this—" I groaned as I looked to him with a pained expression. They can't be for real.

Ethan shushed me and shoved my shirt over my head before he handed me an energy drink as an apology. It was a shit apology. I hated energy drinks.

It tasted like battery acid, sugar, and cough syrup had a baby.

"I vow to follow in the footsteps of Giovanni the Gracious as well as my predecessors. I vow to protect my kingdom and everyone in it no matter the contents of their heart and the morals of their character." Jonathan continued to read off in a monotoned manner as he paced the frame of my bed.

"I vow to be patient, strong, peaceful, level headed and all the other qualities a king contains. I vow to rule to the fullest extent of my being for as long as the Moon Goddess allows my reign, and my future heir inherits their place as King." I muttered alongside with him in a dull manner, proving to him that I did in deed have this dumb speech memorized.

"Or Queen." Ethan corrected as I went to conclude the speech.

"What?" I asked through a mouth full of eggs and freshly cooked sweet plantains.

"The speech states, 'blah blah blah....heir inherits their place as King,' but you forgot the 'or queen' part." Ethan clarified as he frowned at my lack of attention to detail. Or whatever he perceived was a lack of attention, I had that shit down to a T.

"No offense Eth, but no it doesn't. The reason it doesn't is because since the last millennium every True Alpha heir in our bloodline has been male." My dad interjected as he rested on my favorite reading chair. He rocked back and forth in it with a look of comfort that irked me.

Doesn't he have shit to do or was he still weaving and dodging my mom's wrath?

"Too soon." Saint warned as I thought to say it out loud.

"Wow, that's pretty sexist. Also, can we point out that it says he'll protect everyone despite their moral character?" Ethan hummed in thought as he crossed his arms.

"Yeah, like equal protection under the law, no matter race, sex, religion or—" I recited a similar law that humans had amongst themselves despite them not being too keen on following it.

"Nah, what about the pickaxe murders?" Ethan questioned firmly as he motioned to all of us in disbelief.

"I'm sorry?" My dad inquired hesitantly. His face had been just as confused as Jo and I but it was obvious he didn't want to really get into this.

"Like, what if someone in the pack was a seriously fucked up person, or a serial killer?!" He clarified with an expression that reeked of disgust.

"What then?" He queried seriously causing Jonathan to verbally call upon the Moon Goddess to give us strength.

My dad just sat there staring blankly and I sucked a breath in.

"I don't even....I don't even know where your parents went wrong with you. Like, to my knowledge they never dropped you as a baby but....." My dad uttered with a gesture of his hands before he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I still say those words Ethan, it's not a matter of ethics. The preexisting laws the elders set handles all the pickaxe murders....that's why we send people to jail or cast them out as rogues. It's not....what?" I began to explain before I just sat there in legitimate concern. 

He shrugged and continued to mutter something about it still being sexist so I insisted I'd change the speech just for him.

It was better to just let him be Ethan than to argue, it was too early for any of this.

"So have you confirmed the status of the wedding planning? It's tomorrow and I don't want any last minute planning fiasco's." My father asked as he leaned back into the chair and shot me a pointed look.

"First of all, get out of my chair and go do something. Secondly, yes, I've finished planning everything out since last week. Dylan's Court helped me with the gritty details, Ma helped too." I replied through a full mouth as I continued to chow down, not missing the way my dad tensed at the mention of my mother.

"So on a scale of one through a million, how mad do you think your mom still is? Every gift I've sent her this past week she's either burned or buried and I'm afraid I might be next." My father questioned as he visibly cowered from the idea.

Yep, this man was a husband, a ruler, and father. We can thank the heavens that he is a better king than anything else.

"Then you need to get a grip and apologize to that patient woman before we end up fatherless." My brother warned on my behalf as I chuckled in agreement and continued to eat.

"It's not funny boys, I'm in serious shit." He frowned like a child.

"Maybe just skip the grand gesture and have a fucking conversation? Goddess, I don't know how she hasn't rejected you this far into your marriage if your this clueless." I muttered with a roll of my eyes as I handed my plate to Ethan and stood up to face my father.

"Get your shit together dad. I need my parents united now more then ever for this next step in my life. Imma be a king, then a husband. If I want to be a father next, my kids are gonna need their grand pappies or whatever you be calling 'em to be together and not divorced." I muttered wholeheartedly.

My words brought a metaphorical tear to his eye before he nodded his head and stood up tall.

"You're right, your mother and my grandchildren deserve better. I gotta get my act together." He announced proudly before I interjected with a sharp scoff.

"Child, grandchild until much further notice. Don't try to be slick old man, I saw how you snuck that in there." I corrected as I pointed at him scoldingly.

"Oh come on son! The second your married the baby talk is gonna start, sue me for hopping onto the bandwagon early." He gleamed as he threw his arms out casually.

"Trust if I could sue, I would've been done that shit. You stress me in a way no one should." I bickered back making him wave his hand dismissively.

"You love me." He claimed confidently.

"I promise you, I don't." I denounced as I scrunched my nose in disgust.

"Whatever, just get ready boys. We all have a long day ahead of us." He sighed as he made a cool, calm, and collected exit. Probably still silently dreading the upcoming conversation with my mother.

"Wow, you two are related to that guy." Ethan busted out laughing as he pointed at us with a hearty chortle.

"Unfortunately." Jonathan and I puffed in unison as we continue on with our task for today.

This morning wasn't exactly what I pictured My coronation day starting off like. All I knew was that all of the nonsense I was about to endure was completely worth it. For the sake of my people and the sight of my mate and I joining as one beneath the crown.

Hopefully Dylan's morning was going smoother than mine.

To Be Continued

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

20.3K 631 26
One wintery night, (y/n) was left alone in the snow when she was just a little pup as her mother was killed and her father was nowhere in sight. It w...
10 0 7
Smile. Pretend to belong. And never, EVER raise suspicion. Your family depends on it. Everest Nathan "Nate" Decker is barely hanging on, desperate...
Enigma Oleh Twilight

Manusia Serigala

38K 2.1K 49
Enigma:someone who is mysterious and impossible to understand It starts with hate and leads to something more....after all the line inbetween is thin...
83.2K 1.6K 74
I walk out my dorm building to the cafe. Just as I'm about to open the door I hear a person call out my name. I turn around to see the person joggin...